Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday May 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cathe's CTX Kickbox followed by Blast Challenge from KickMax (45"). I then did Lotte Berk Essentials Blast x 2 (20")and StretchMax segment 1. Total cardio (without cool/down stretch) was 45" and I burned 340 calories. At the end of everything my HRM read 530 calories.

No time for yoga today, as I have a bunch of stuff to take care of for Mom and we're going up to see her. It will be a long day for her. She has no physical or occupational therapy on Sundays (and didn't even have her OT yesterday - another thing I'm not happy about).

For the first time in my life, my knees are starting to bother me a bit. I may need to modify on my rebounder periodically.

Dallys - did you try your SSex? What did you think?

Toasty - any luck on the job hunt yet?

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

Good morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am resting as I did total body workout and ab ripper x yesterday. Seen "Next" at movies. Was good, but ending was just odd. I didn't get it.

I think I am going to just start my own workout off smith machine, etc. starting tomorrow. The total body is just not long enough for me and I feel like I am not working hard enough. This one is great for improving strength in chest, but I want more then just that. So I plan on this and doing each part 4x's:

Day 1: Biceps 4x's/Triceps 4x's/Abs
Day 2: Biking, etc. then shoulders
Day 3: Chest 4x's/Back 4x's/Abs
Day 4: Leg work
Day 5: Biceps 4x's/Triceps 4x's/Abs
Day 6: Chest 4x's/Back 4x's/Legs 4x's
Day 7: Rest

If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know.

Charlotte~~

Lora,

Nothing on job yet. No one wants me..boo hoo. lol. Nothing in paper this week unless I want to be a laundry princess.

Did you get my pm yesterday?

Charlotte~~

Hi everyone! Geez, this checkin is quiet today. Where is everyone?

This is day 3 of my rest. I'm getting restless already. I enjoy sleeping in and for once in a long time my body isn't sore! LOL! Hope this week goes fast. I need to workout.

Char, your breakdown looks good. I'll be interested in seeing how it works for you!

It's quiet around here today. I'm taking a rest day. Although I think I'll do some upper body work. I guess I mean a rest day from the bike. I woke up with a stinkin' migraine. So I wonder if it was from the inhaler or just a coincidence? I haven't been getting many migraines (thanks to Topamax) so I would guess it was the inhaler. Darn it. I will try it again on the next group ride and see if I get another one the next day. But if I take Imitrex it just wipes out half my day b/c I'm so tired. But I'm so thankful for Imitrex - when it works. I had a lot to do today and got up early but still I was pretty slow moving. :)

We had a tornado warning here today. A funnel cloud came halfway out of the sky and then went back up. It's been crazy weather all day. We don't get a lot of them here thank goodness, but it has happened and some years we have a lot more funnel clouds than others. The last few years we've been spared. Being from Los Angeles, I'm more comfortable with earthquakes!

Well, I've got the hiccups. I better go drink some water upside down. Works like a charm every single time. :p

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey lovely ladies.. How are ya all. Been really buisy, and have not had time to post...
I did b&g today. Ok, i have not done it lately and might i say, i am going to die later..
I have never shook so bad in my life.
Difference from heavy weight.It was like Mercy...
Abs came and i was whipped.

Char, you can do all the laundry you want//You will find something...

Hey, did i tell ya the grandson is finally potty trained..

Of course he will drop m anywhere and go pee...
Too funny..
Suz, sugar works..
Deb, enjoy a week off.... I just try to get at least 5 days in ..
Feel depressed when i don't..
Well, gotta go say bye to steven..
HAve a great day..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Slim & Lean chest segment X 2 followed by ab segment. I added on Turbo Jam Cardio Party # 2. It was a great WO! I am doing a rotation with 2 giant sets per body part per day (6 days) plus abs segment (5 days) plus cardio. Any ideas on how much rest I should give between sets? I gave 2 minutes today because I wasn't sure.

Deb-Enjoy your rest! I know what you mean about day 3. I took 4 days off last week due to illness and was going out of my mind by day 3. How often do you take rest weeks?

Suz-I second Anne on the sugar-works wonders on hiccups! Scary tornado story! Based on the weather, I think taking a rest day from the bike was probably a wise choice! Hope your luck continues! We get some pretty intense tornadoes in Georgia every few years. The parts that were hit several years ago still don't look the same. Sorry to hear about your migraine. Do you still try to work when you have them? Will you be going to work tomorrow? It must be so tough to concentrate.

Anne-How did you learn about the sugar/hiccups thing? It was passed down in my family from my grandmother. Love those home remedies that actually work! :) Good job on your workout today! Sounds like you are heading for DOMS again!

Lora-Posted to you over at yoga. Sorry I missed yesterday!

Char-I like to split weight work, too. Just feels like my concentration is better and progress is more rapid.

Have a great night, ladies!

Jen

Jen

Hi Jen,

Great workout! So what do you do with the sugar? I like the water b/c no calories. :) And I've never had it not work. But I'm intrigued.

Yup, those tornadoes scare the crap out of me.

I do try to work with migraines even though it's hard to concentrate. I lived with them for years before I was ever diagnosed. I grew up not knowing my dad and therefore not knowing he had them (my mom acted like I was not related to him, although she knew he got them - sure would have helped me b/c I could have had meds years ago - but then again maybe it's better to not have had that stuff in my body all those years). Anyway, I just thought I got monster headaches so even though I could hardly think straight I always felt like a huge baby calling into work for a headache because I was in my early 20's when I really started getting them bad. My neurologist says I've just learned to deal with them. He says I'm really tough. :) If it's at all possible for me to stay home I will, but I swear it never works out that way with what's going on at work - or I get them on the weekend. It did go away with the meds this morning though so I'm good to go to work tomorrow.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.