Hardcore Fitness Maniacs For Sunday May 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs:

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 - first 2 challenges on the Treadmill 2nd incline and then Challenge 3 on the Ellipitical. Then I put my weighted vest on with 8 pounds and put the incline at the highest on the TM and repeated challenge 1 with just a light jog and fast power walking and then cooled down. Cardio was 60 minutes and I burned 556 calories. I also did Spinervals Yoga for Runners & Swimmers 30".

I've had a migraine for 2 days now. Wish it would go away. Have a full day planned. Going to see What Happens in Vegas and then to visit my nephew (husband's side) who just had open heart surgery for a defect. He's in his 20's.

I did my part to get the economy going yesterday. I had to buy glasses and contacts.......cost $456 and then we went to get my platinum anniversary band sized and we ended up finding one we liked better (that was quite a bit more).

I'm trying to get myself psyched up for a book rotation. I'm gonna start reading Red Carpet Ready and Warped Speed Fat Loss and see which one I want to do first. Warped is in my computer though and it's too long to print.

Diane Sue - speaking of E-books.....when I try to download it on CD, it says it's write protected....which means I can't back it up, right? I had a floppy lying around and tried it on that and it said the disc wasn't large enough to hold the file. Do you have any idea how large of a density I'd need to fit a book?

One last thing, I'm really having trouble with weight gain and my diet. I think to be totally honest .....I"m letting my disease of addiction and my depression take over and I'm overeating here and there. I've been unhappy about my job situation and I think my disease is really manifesting itself in food. I know what I have to do to work on myself.....as it's a daily struggle....but I might be asking for some help and support here with my diet (probably thru PM though....since it's so personal and I'm ashamed). I thought maybe if I mentioned it here, it would help me get honest and real with myself and start doing something about it.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

ETA - Oh ....and i almost forgot. Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's out there!!

Hello ladies I have been crazy this week. I was car shopping amonst all else..
I kept my sport trac. DH is going to drive it.. I bought me a RAV 4.. It is ok, no where as nice as my truck, but one 4x4 had to be down sized..
I wanted to pop in and say hi. I have to do alot today and clean out my truck.. .Work out visit mom...

Take care all,

Deb, how is the cycle??
Char, Dallys ,Diane Sue, Randi, Deb..and all else(me and names) WAVING!!!

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Happy Mother's day to all!! Today is my rest day. Funny how sometimes I really have to force myself to take that rest day because I know I need it. Read a lot in my new Fitness RX and Oxygen magazines yesterday. Then I got the circuit portion of CIA 2600 series Step Generation with Ann Sill. It looks pretty good so I taped it. I got it off of the Free Zone on our Cable Network. They had quite a few CIA segments on there. Really was tempted to do it but my rotation has me doing S&H this next week.

Lora, I don't think there is near as much room on a floppy as a cd. I am not sure why you can't copy it to a cd. I put BFFM on a cd by savubg it to my desktop then coping it. I am not that great with computers. I will ask dh later and see if he can help. You know I have Iron Dolls on my computer and have not put it on a cd. I really should. I just open it once in awhile and read portions of it. Think I have read most of it now. Too many pages to copy. I have a binder that I have printed off portions of BFFM and put in it. Not near all of it though. So sorry that you are having the diet problem. Maybe when you get started on your new book rotation it will help you focus more. Have you done the CIA workout that I am talking about?? I was wondering how the step portion is.

Anne, have fun with the new vehicle. I am sure you will enjoy it. I think we got rid of our Deisal truck just at the right time.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - What is Iron Dolls? Re: Ann Sill's CIA workout. That circuit is pretty good if you do it twice. I liked it. However, the step is fun....but pretty complex and very low impact. When I first got it, I did it quite a bit, but then I got sick of it and sometimes my brain hurts trying to do all of those turns, etc. I'll have to break it out again, but I know it's super low impact...so it'd be a recovery workout on a Saturday for me. Try the circuit twice through and also, I've been raving about VAlerie Waters Action Hero Workouts on her Blog. They are pretty tough and are not really traditional like Cathe, so it works your muscles differently. If you want to try one of the moves, try putting her hands on a med ball and feet on gliding discs and do mountain climbers like that and I bet you'll feel it in your core the next day! It even makes my lower abs a bit sore...at least I think that's the move that does it.

RE: the book - I hit my right mouse button and "send to" cd .....you can tell your DH that's how I did it and currently, it's saved as a PDF file in my documents on my hard drive. I wish I had a DH that was a computer whiz.

Hi all! No workouts for me today. Yesterday DH and I rode for a few hours. It was fun. Made a few mistakes, but we learn from them, right???

I want to thank JanieJoey and everyone else for the kind things you said on yesterday's thread. I am very hurt that SNM put a stop to the questions people have been asking me on the rotations forum.

I am going to create my own website on yahoogroups and it will be up and running in about a week or so. When I do, I'll post the link on the Open Discussion forum, the Rotations forum and here. It will be more or less a Q&A forum with hopefully before and after pictures of ladies I have helped.

I'm very disappointed in SNM right now. They didn't even come to me personally about all this. I guess they don't think I'm much of a help on these forums. And I'm not even going to mention all the sales I've created for Cathe on here.

Whatever....

I hope you all have a great Mother's Day!

I love you all!!!

Debbie- I lurk on this thread to get motivated by you awesome gals and I fully agree with janiejoey.

So sorry SNM put a stop because you are a big asset to this community.

I'm going to be hawking the threads for your new website in yahoogroups as your rotations and your sincere wanting to help us others here is so much appreciated. Just please add it to your siggie so we all know where to go ;)

Debbie (Fitness Freak)

I'm glad to hear you are setting up your own web-site. I think tons of people appreciate your input on both diet and exercise related questions. Not just those doing the asking, but those of us that read your responses. You are so motivating.

I will definitely be checking in every day for your web-site! It's great to have someone so knowledgable willing to share their expertise. It is very much appreciated.

Annie

Debbie,

I want to be one of first people to see your website! Let us know all the details when you have them.

Sorry about the SNM problem. They truly don't know what they have. And yes, I know you are a great contributor for their sales.

Whatever you do, please stick around these forums, and continue the great job you are doing in helping all of us. We need you here.

I still think that here on the "Check-Ins & Challenges" you could put up a forum "questions and answers" for Cathe's people. Call it what you will, but I'm sure (I for one)and many many others would love to see this happen.

You are not going anywhere right?

Take care Debbie, we love you and all the rest of the Hardcore Maniacs.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

I am sorry that you will have to move on Fitnessfreak. I have thoroughly enjoyed you sharing your experience gained as you have developed your weights training. I for one feel that you have enabled many of us to get more from Cathe tapes than we originally would have.
Thankyou for being so generous with your knowledge, sincerity and simply taking the time to help others starting out.
Not many would that. Thats special these days.

Thank you all!!! I am not leaving this forum, I'm just going to start my own on yahoogroups for Q&A. I'd love to continue to help others and I will post the link as soon as it is up and running. Hopefully by mid-week or next weekend.

Janiejoey - SNM deleted your post on the rotations forum. But I seen it and wanted to thank you so much for you support!

Lora this is the e-book Iron Dolls I was talking about.
http://www.iron-dolls.com/index.htm
I told dh about your problem with the e book you bought. He said he really cannot help. He said there is a back way that you could probably do it. But he would have to have had access to it. I still do not understand why they have it copy protected for putting on a cd when you can print it out. Makes no sense to me.

Debbie, I am so sorry. You have such good information and obviously know your stuff just by looking at you. You do need a way to share your help with others. I know I tell everyone about Cathe's too.

I forgot to mention that I got Mothers day gift cards for Academy Sports and some cash. I am planning on going there tomorrow to look for a HR monitor that tracks calorie burn. Do you all prefer the ones that does not have the chest strap?? I have never had one so need it not to be to complicated and I want it to show calories burned as well. These are the ones I saw on their website. I posted this on the open discussion but thought I would post it here too.
Mio Drive
Mio Shape Select
Nike Triax C6 (has a chest strap)
Polar F11
Polar F6
Polar F4

Debbie,

That was a strange feeling to find my message gone. It was a good message I thought, and professional. Nothing in it that was bad at all.

I'm (shaking my head in disbelief).

Oh well.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.