Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Jan 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did CIA's Criss Cross Cardio - Kickbox Interval workout. I repeated the last combo to make the aerobic segment longer and then since I wanted to kick my HR up a few more times, I did a couple maniac style aerobic drills on my rebounder then did the standing ab work on Criss Cross Cardio followed by about 10 minutes of the standing Capoiera Core Work, the cool down and stretch. I then added on a 5 minute ab/core workout from one of my Shape workouts. It hit the abs from every angle and was a nice little routine. Total aerobic/ab work was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned about 520 calories.

I also did Yoga on Demand...50" of hatha yoga. I've had this on B/O at CD Universe for a while. I REALLY liked this yoga DVD. My new favorite one. Speaking of yoga, can't believe how sore I am from my rest day yesterday!! LOL.

Bryan Kest's long downward dog holds did my shoulders in. I can feel soreness in my sides, legs, back and shoulders. Yikes!! Some rest day. Also, today's workout is a LOT of punching....and I bet my upper body will feel that tomorrow, as I usually do Turbo Jam and it doesn't have that much punching in it. I had to force myself not to do Rebecca Step today.....as I'm so addicted to it. I had a good workout though. WAs an intense workout and my HR stayed 130-160's. I love the CIA's for advanced workouts.

Have great workouts. We're going to see that movie Running With Scissors today at the cheapo theatre. We saw The Fountain there yesterday and it stunk......really STUPID ending and stupid movie. Glad it only cost a dollar!

Off to soak my weary, sore body in my Lushie tub. I saved a little bit of my Bling Crosby bubble bar ....so I have one more Bling bath to enjoy. I'll be back later.

Good morning
Today is S&H chest and tris, coremax and stretchmax. My brother is coming home from Saudi Arabia today!! I cant wait to see him:D
Lora I saw The Fountain also it was horrible! You burned 500 calories you go girl!
Off to workout
BBL
Randi

IT IS SNOWING, IT IS SNOWING! I am so happy! Everything is covered, it is so beautiful! I took the dogs out this morning and everything was so peaceful. I love snow! I can definitely tolerate the cold if there is snow!

Randi, how exciting about your brother! :D Yeah! How long is he staying?

Today, I am playing in the snow with the kids. Should be super fun!

Any football fans? Who is going to win? Personally, I would love to see the Colts vs. Bears since I live in Indy but am from Chitown. :)

Have a great day all!

Missy

Diane Sue - Oh, I hope you can help me out. Please?? Cardio Coach has a new workout available. It's a special edition MP3 download only. They aren't selling it in CD form (actually I can't find that option any where on the site any more). I'm freaking out cuz I really want it, but I don't know how to download an MP3 and burn it. I don't even feel like trying to figure it out....cuz I'm too stressed with learning my new job right now. I can send you (via Paypal) the money to download it if you'll burn it on CD for me and send to me. Please let me know. thanks.

Lora, when click on purchase then you click on the down arrow and it says yes cd-r. They now combine both options. If you want the cd then click on it but you still have the mp3 option as well. On the new one the extra cost above the mp3 is just shipping. I think the others they add $5.00. I was looking and it is repeat sections of the other workouts with 2 new challenges added to it. It is set up well and is a nice over 1 hour workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - It says in the description that it's not available for purchase on CD-R, but the option came up when I ordered it...so who knows if I'll get it. I clicked on the download link to try to download it but it didn't work....so I dunno if I have it coming or not?

Hey Missy my brother is staying here with me and my parents for 2 weeks then he has to go back to whiteman, Knob Noster, MO. and he finally gets to live off base. The airforce will pay for his appt. It just finished snowing here(Kansas City, MO) we got 4-6 inches it is so pretty outside.

Meg that's a great rotation that your doing of Deb's.
Have a great day everyone
Randi

First day of my rest week. Weird not getting up to do a workout. :) Feels pretty good but I think it will get old quick.

Amber - I have a Magic Bullet. I love that thing. I use it two or three times a day. Makes mixing protein shakes so easy.

Meg - Have fun with the endurance rotation! :)

Randi - I'm glad to hear your brother is coming home. Does he have to go back or is he done? Have fun!

Missy - Yay snow!!! 'Bout time, huh? I want the Colts to win.

Speaking of football, seen an excellent movie last night - "Gridiron Gang". Its based on a true story so that made the movie that much better. I loved it. I recommend it highly.

Getting ready to meet a friend of mine that I haven't seen in months and months. Probably a year. We use to get together once a month to just hang out and for some reason we never did in 2006. I hate when that happens. So we're going to Applebee's for lunch and then mall shopping. Looking forward to it! :)

Hope you all have a great day!

Lora, did you click on the download link from your e mail that they sent? That is where I always get them from. If you go to their forums and look at customer support they have an explaination of mp3 downloads. Did you get an e mail back about your order? I usually download and save to my music and open it with Media player. I download and burn from there. I don't do it often so sometimes it takes me a bit to remember how I did it.

Diane Sue - I tried it from the site and it didn't work. I just pulled up the email and tried it and it appeared that it would start downloading....but it says it will take over 2 hours to load! I spoke with Karal via email and he said they changed it so you could purchase the CD-R because they had requests, so my order went thru. How do you feel after that Gliding yesterday? Did you really press into the floor hard? That makes me feel it more. Did you check out the Tracey links? Do they look good?

Oh and I just read over at VF that Amy Bento is filming a new workout in Feb but it won't be sold on her site. I wonder who she's collaborating with??

Hey everyone. I went to bed at 9:30 last night! Crazy tired. I slept for like 10 hours. I am really hungry today too. Trying to decide what WO to do. I still have a little muscle soreness, but much better then yesterday. I am just going to do cardio today. May start my rotation today instead of tomorrow.

DS- that is great that you found a home. I hope all the planning and buying/selling goes well for you. Good luck.

Missy- Yay on the snow! We have just enough to cover the ground, but the grass is still poking thru. I want more, and so do the kids.

Randi- have a wonderful visit with your brother! Hope he has a long leave with your family.

Deb- have a good lunch and time with your friend. It feels so good to reconnect with friends. Do you think you will last all week with no exercise???

Lora- enjoy your movie. Wish we had a cheap theatre here.

Well, I need to get moving and do something. Talk later.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning Maniacs! We got some snow last night too. I didn't get much sleep at all last night. My dog has Diarrehea and I was up every hour or more letting her out. She still has it, but hopefully she'll be better by tonight. I think it was the Bluecheese dressing my DD let her eat after she dropped a huge glob on my kitchen floor. My dogs stomache is Soooooooo sentitive. I'm so tired. I hope I can get a workout in later today. We went and saw the 'Freedom Writers' last night. I thought it was a very good movie. I love those kind.

Lora- I'll have to go check out that new CC.:)

Randi-That great you brother is coming home!

Missy-I'm hoping that Chicago wins.

Diane Sue- Great that you found a house!

Debbie- Have fun with your friend.:)

Meg-You got in 10 hrs. sleep?:p I got in 10 min. intervals every hour. :(

Hi to Char and Suz and Amber and Everyone else.:)

Gonna go take a nap.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I did a workout today omitting the cardio as this is usually my rest day. I will try and get in cardio and maybe some lower tomorrow before I go for my physical. I could feel some soreness in my thighs from the gliding I did yesterday. I did Low Impact Circuit Premix upper body, Butts & Guts abs with added resistance, and Yoga Shatki dancing warrior #3, core, bends & twists, and inversions. We got a call awhile ago and we now have a buyer for our house. Now I have to start packing so I may be shortening my workouts over the next month. I am going to try and still get in the P90X workouts I had planned this week so I can make it a full month.

Lora, that's good that they got your order. It doesn't usually take me to long to download the mp3's but I have a cable modem. I have to go back and look again. So the two challenges that say vol. 7 on them must be from the upcoming cardio coach. I liked the gliding workouts. I liked the high low one the best. I could feel some muscle soreness in my thighs and hip area this morning so I think it did something:D

Wow -- we liked the movie. If you like bizzare...off the wall movies, you should go see it. I guess Anette Benings up for best actress for it (so my DH tells me). I thought all of the acting was great. Done in true Ryan Murphy style (Nip/Tuck has some pretty "out there" story lines also). It was about Annette Benings character's son. She's insane and sends him away to live with her Shrink -- who has a houuse full of crazies......it was good. We enjoyed it. Kind of along the same weirdness of Little Miss Sunshine....but with a different set of dysfunctional people! Very original idea. I like original.

I'm trying to decide what workouts I want to do this week. I'm sick of this leg rotation. I did 2 total body workouts and 1 leg workout for the last 2 weeks, and I'm debating doing that for another week? I don't know. I can't wait till Feb cuz I have the new CIAs coming and the new Tracey's. You know me, I'm ADD girl and get bored quickly.......thus the million workouts I own.

Diane Sue - Any advice for me rotation wise to take the dullness out of my leg routine? I'm glad you got a little sore from the Gliding. I haven't tried the step one yet. They are all pretty basic. I had to add a lot of impact to the high/low one to get my HR up!
(do you think Better Burn - Better Buns is a good enough leg workout for one day this week? -- haven't done that in a while).

Hello Maniacs!!

Today we got snow and ice! First of the winter season. Today is my rest day so not much going on as it is not really safe to be on the roads. We did go to church earlier and dh was fussing about some of the Virginia drivers out here driving about 15mph (before it got bad out) said most wouldn't survive in Pittsburgh...close to where we use to live.

Went to see Night At the Museum yesterday. Did not like it. Kiddie movie. I liked the monkey though. I always wanted a pet monkey. Not realistic though. lol.

Talk more tomorrow. Not sure what workouts I will be doing. Going back and forth for the "recovery week" which won't be for me. ;-)

Charlotte~~

Lora, the cardio on the gliding workouts is not hard at all. The step cardio is real basic. I kept adding hops and my own intensity to the step portions which were real short duration. I was thinking maybe next time I will wear my weighted gloves or something with these. As far as the TLT's I think Better Buns Burn Better Buns is the best one. I think it would be fine to do as one of your workouts. I get kind of bored with the same workouts all of the time too. It's a good thing you have new ones coming. I bet Tracey's Sculpting one will be some new stuff. I checked and the only vid clips I saw were the practice ones I mentioned before.

Charlotte, I don't want to see anymore snow or ice here. I hate the cold weather wet weather.

Diane Sue - yes, I agree about the cardio in the gliding...but I still like the way the discs work the legs and the cross training effect which we all need. I've set out 2 Core Secrets Leg/Ab/Core workouts and my BBBB and I'll decide in the AM which one to do. I was looking at the older suggestions you gave me and I think I'll try the Pyramid total body workout on Wednesday. I can't seem to get sore any more....except for that intense yoga practice I did yesterday! That's crazy. I can't get sore from heavy lifting, but an ashtanga flow power yoga made me a bit sore. I want to start taking a week every month or so and do functional fitness/yoga/pilates type of workouts with cardio for a change, but every time I go to do it.....I say, in a couple more weeks!! LOL.

I'm off to do some Kundalini yoga.

ETA: Oh, I also ordered the new Tae Bo Amped series when I got the special email offer a couple weeks ago....and that's due out in Feb. I need another DVD rack!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.