Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Feb 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Spinervals - No Slackers Allowed interval spinning workout followed by Iron Core Kettlebell workout with Sarah Lurie - only 1.5 sets. Workout was 65" and I burned 571 calories.

Not sure how good of a cardio workout I had, as this was an older Spinervals and he doesn't tell the people on stationary bikes what resistance to put their bike's on, he only tells the people on the Trainer bikes what setting. I did the best I could....but not sure it was good enough. We did a lot of hills and ladders....so most of this was resistance work....so my legs are toast. They were shakin', but my HR only got in the mid to upper 150's.

Yes, I finally bought a Kettlebell yesterday. I wanted to be prepared with Amy's upcoming workout and the swings seemed like they'd be fun...so I took the plunge. I got a 15 pounder at Target and 1 DVD (the one above). I ordered 2 more online....but boy, are they expensive. Between Amy coming out with a KB workout and someone over at VF saying that KB's turned their 40' something legs into an 18 year olds....that did it for me. The 15 # feels good for swings with both arms and one armed swings....but some of the lying down moves like the Turkish GetUp with the arm extended....seem a bit heavy for me. Ideally, I'd like to have 1 heavier and 1 lighter one besides the one I have........but money is an issue.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

Toasty - I got my BPAL/Dark Delicacies scents the other day. I Married a Vampire from Planet X and Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal......did you order them also? I really like the Cannibal scent. Vampire is okay...but it's got some really different notes in it....my nose needs to "warm up" to it a bit....I think. I also got a C&S for my Lupercalia order. Should be here on Wednesday next week.

Good Morning. Today is supposed to be rest or X Stretch. I may do some stretching later. Off to church and the store. We went and painted at dh work yesterday and stopped at Macdonalds on the way home. I just did not another Macdonalds salad. Sort of tired of those things. Got home and had ran out of my raspberry dressing and had nothing to make some. So dinner was soba noodles with unsalted tomatoes and mushrooms. Later I had special K with light soy milk. Eating was not good.

Lora, I think you need two Kettlebells for Amy's workout. If you look at her blog pictures she has two in her hands. I have not taken the plunge yet. I saw that Tracey says something about kettlebells in her line up of tools for her circuit zone. I ordered her Strike Zone since I saw they have a heavy bag segment in it.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - Oh....great....I don't have money for more! They are pricey!
ETA: I just looked at her site. Actually, the rolling deck squat move that she shows.....I did today with one KB. You hold it differently and it works the same way. As far as the move with the pushups...I can use DBs for that. I can't afford to purchase 2 of the same weight...as I want to get a heavier one to use for swings...legs, etc. I'm going to Dick's later. I have a Gift Card from X-mas that I just remembered! I'll probably get a 20 lb one or so.

I forgot to mention that I also did X-stretch this morning.

Good Morning
today is my 2nd rest day. It's hard to not workout it's messing up my routinex( I'm going to get some protien powder today to go with my "fast twich" powder from cytosport.
I can't belive it is thundering and raining here it seems like spring. But it's only 36 degrees.
Got to get busy doing something i'm going crazy not working out!
I know it's good for me though
Have a great sunday
Randi

Hey Maniacs!!!!

Just finished P90X Chest/Tri's/Shoulders and Ab Ripper. I still cannot do the one arm pushups...arrrghhhh. My traps feel stiff.

Gonna shower and then we are suppose to go to church for a football party time. I really don't want to go. I don't like to sit in front of a tv set for 4 hours and be around icky food, but there might be something there I can eat. I hope it is not CHOCOLATE! LOL!

Lora,

I did not get those vampire scents since I am pretty much broke anyhow. I just got my new GC scents that came in DEFUTUTA, To a Woman, Deep In Earth, Fascinum and a few others and I LOVE LOVE Defututa...gorgeous! I begged Dh to let me get some villainess soaps so I got some of them coming..charged it. At least I am getting a few things now. hehe

Everyone have a great Sunday! Talk to ya later

I got some exercise raking and cleaning up in the yard since today is beautiful weather. No stretch or anything. No breakfast. Lunch was a salad with mandarin oranges, onion, feta cheese and Wishbone spicey french just to good dressing. Not sure I like that one to much. Nothing else. Going to make dinner early though as I am hungry:)

Charlotte, which rotation are you doing?? The Classic? I know where you are coming from about being forced to sit still for that long. I cannot sit through a movie or anything without getting up and doing something. We had a Super Bowl Party once and that is the only time I sat still through most of it. I think I was twitching or something. LOL I won't ask what size screen you are watching it on LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.