Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Feb 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Spinning - Cy-Yo Ice. Workout was 59" w/ cooldown and stretch and I burned 530 calories. I've been doing this workout a lot lately cuz you work on both positive and negative energy. For instance, the instructor has you think of something you are or were angry about recently and focus on it and do all out sprints. I've been annyoed with work and the DH....so this workout is good for taking it out on them without them knowing it!! LOL.

I also did Power to the Peaceful Yoga and didn't enjoy it very much. It has some really different poses and it's really hard. I can't do half of the stuff they do...as my body doesn't contort like that. I don't really feel stretched. Might have to do something later if I have time.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Lisa- meant to mention that my forearms got a little sore from practicing those snatches with the wrist flick.

I'm supposed to be doing a "recovery week" this week....but it's always hard for me to do this. Anyone have any ideas on what to do on my weightlifting days? Yoga, Pilates, Squeeze???? I don't think I could do a week of recovery like they have written in the P90X manual.....I'd go nuts.

Morning all. Just popping in to say hello..
Been super duper buisy at work. Had a 70 hr week and i have to go put bulbs in the tanning beds today..Needing a vacation here..12 hr days are killing me ..

Just want to say hello to all. Haven't been on line much. No time and still not able to w/o.. Couple more weeks to get back to at least cardio..Gonna be hard getting back. Getting lazyyyyyyy, but i know i gotta do it..I know i am so going to hurt..
At least i haven't gained. I lost a few which is good. Eating has been really excellent except for a cup cake last night..I had to have chocolate..Made them for GSon..
Or, should i say no time to eat. I am living on fruit and protien bars..at work. Fast and easy..

Where is everyone?
Take care all.. I will pop in here and there till i am back..
Miss talking to you all..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Today is my rest day. I'm a bit sore from yesterday's workout but not too much. Need to stretch my hammies.

Anne - Good to see you checking in!

Linda - Glad the shoulder is ok. Must have been a major muscle spasm. Those suck!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great Sunday!

This morning I did 4Day Split Low Intensity Step, Shoulders, calves, and abs. I then did Seasun's Bosu Blast abs and Amy Bento's 10 minute solution stretch. I didn't want to do a to much cardio till I make sure everything is ok. I want to try and do 2 of the 4 day split workouts tomorrow so I can get them all in 3 days. I have so much going on all week. Wednesday-Friday are going to require me to be done very early. I am keeping my granddaughters and taking them to and from school for 3 days. My grandson is staying here when his Mommy has the baby Thursday. We have a birthday party here Wednesday.

Randi, the shipping on the short bar is a lot. I think I may look at Academy Sports and see if they have a shorter one. My ez curl bar is short and that is where dh got it.

Anne, good to hear everything is going well for you. Busy is good right? :)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Everyone!

Debbie - Thanks! Where can I find your rotation chart? Sorry I know you're probably asked this a lot.

Linda - Hi, glad to hear you're feeling what you've worked hard doing! Let me know if you find any guiltless recipies!

I'm doing the total body today, then hopefully I will fit in some cardio too, since I didn't get a w/o in yesterday!

Have a great Sunday!

Hi there,

It's old me. I check in on you all from time to time to see how you are doing. Looks pretty good. WoW! some of you are really great with your poundage increases.

I need some expert advice on a heart monitor. I'm looking at a Polar F4. What do you think? I just want it simple the more simple the better. Just want to know the heartbeats and maybe the calories expended.

Hope you don't mind if I call on you for help every now and then. I've done searches, but it was too complicated to sift through all that.

I've been doing really good. I've also increased my lifting poundage and seeing muscles that I haven't had. I've also learned how not to loose muscle and lose weight at the same time. That was a hassle for me for a long time. A.M. Less vigorous cardio at 65-75% 3-4 per week at 25 min. when I lift weights. Then 45 min. on cardio day. And a little supplement called L-Glutamine powder to be taken with coffee before the workout. What a difference that makes.

Any hoo, take care and have great workouts,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Janie, I would think that the Mio Sport Ultimate would be good. Check with Lora. I have not heard a lot of complaints about the one she is using. Debbie has one too but not sure what it is. I would like to purchase one and am still gathering info. I see quite a few complaints on some :) I do think with my research so far the Polars are not that great. Glad you popped in :D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi Everyone,

This was my w/o for today.

Chest
Incline Bench Press:
65# - 5/5/5/5
I will probably be able to go up in weight the next go round, but these were still tough, especially the last rep of the last set.

Back
Overhand Barbell Row:
35# - 5 (Because my back was hurting from doing KB Friday, so thought I'd be safe...these were way too easy)
55# - 5/5/5
That was much better gave me some challenge!

Shoulders
Barbell Military Press:
35# - 5/5/5/5
This is some progress from last Saturday, I felt very accomplished with this.

Biceps
EZ Preacher Curls:
20# - 5
25# - 5/5/5
These were challenging, but I did them!

Quads
Squats:
85# - 5/5/5/5
I wonder what my fried legs will feel like tomorrow! This was 10 #'s more than last Saturday so felt very good about this!

Triceps
Close Grip Press:
20# - 5
30# - 5 (Way too hard to do this for the 5 reps)
25# - 5/5

Over all I think I did pretty good! I'm happy with it. Feeling strong and alive!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.