Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Dec 31

lorajc

Cathlete
Happy New Year's Eve Maniacs -

I had intense nightmares about starting a new job (gee...I wonder why). I'm off to do some cardio and yoga. I ate too many white carbs yesterday and the only vegetables they had there had a cream sauce on them....so I'll need to do a lot of cardio today. I don't know why they coudn't have had some healthier food choices!!

I'll be back.

I ended up doing 30 minutes of Champion Rebounding Supersets and Drills (with warm up included) and then I did 60 minutes of Rebecca Small Symmetrical Step off of the Stomp DVD with cool down and stretch. I burned 560 calories in 1.5 hours of cardio and then I did Shiva Rea's Fluid Power from the Matrix, Mandala Namaskar I & II, Backbending Vinyasa, Forward Bends and Twists, and Shavasana (60"). I added an inversion at the end and a final twist for purposes of recirculating the blood after getting into the hips so deeply in the forward bending and twisting segment. I know my hips have to be full of toxins with the stress I've been under.

Whoa....that different segment of Rebecca Small that I did really took some brain power. I only learned a 15 minute block and repeated it about 3 times. First time I was totally lost and thought I was hopeless...second time I did a bit better and third time thru just a bit better, but still got really lost at the very end of the block. I wanted to keep trying it over and over to see if I'd keep getting better (can you tell I'm worried about my brain functioning properly at my new job), but I thought I should quit when I looked at my HRM and I'd been doing aerobics for 1 hour and 20 minutes...so I cooled down and stretched.

I freaked out at the Christmas Party yesterday. I went to put my glasses on out of the case and I couldn't see. My one lens was missing. Thank God the screw was in my case and we eventually found my lens. All I could think of is calling in to my new job on Tuesday to tell them I'm gonna be late cuz I have to get my glasses fixed (since I can't wear my contacts with all of my eye problems) and I have no other glasses. My DH can't see very well (cuz he needs glasses), so what does he do?....he drops the screw and then everyone was looking for it!! Thank God...we found it and they're fixed.

I'm getting ready to soak in the tub. We're going to a movie later but I'm not sure what. I wish I wasn't so nervous about starting this new job. I can't stand how nervous I am. I know I'm not going to sleep tomorrow night!! Why can't I be a laid back person?

Toasty - Beth posted that the update will be some time on New Year's DAy. I certainly hope it goes up early enough for me to check it out and order before bed time.....cuz I have to work the next day and won't have time to do it then....and I'm thinking with them partying on NYE....they won't be up that early and they live in California!

Have great workouts....I'll be back later.

ETA: My DH says I'm overtrained from working out too many hours a day. He says I'm really irritable. I have been irritable but I think it's from my constant pain and nervous anxiety about this job.

Good Morning
Yesterday was my rest day and the end of Dec Rotation. I saw great results with that one. Since Cathe hasnt posted the Jan rotation I think i'm going to start a slow and heavy rotation doing just one body part per day with cardio.
Lora Great workout! I terrible anxiety which i'm on medication for that, so I know how you feel. My mom says the same thing, she thinks I workout to hard and I get really irritable sometimes, maybe it is from working out to much. But you will do great, you are such a awesome person!
BBL
Have a great day
Randi

I have a question say if I did slow and heavy chest today and added gym style chest or any other chest workout from the new videos would that be too much?
Thank you
Randi

Randi,If you can handle it do it. I think you will need 2 days to recover the muscles UB from that much chest work though.
Are you getting daring here...LOL.

Morning ladies... Just woke up with aunt flo... Bummer, but it is all falling in place. Missing the surg.. LOL...

I did my cardio and UB yesterday. I am still doing everything, just lightned up and knocked the push ups to the knees to make it a little less on the chest. My jeans are definitely bigger, but the scale has not moved this week.Probablt TTOM.

Dinner was ok last night....Baby was bad and made it stressful. He won't sit . Wants to run around.I had stuffed salmon and a double steamed veggie. I ate 1/2 and was full...2 wine and was 1/2 drunk..

I about died when i saw my 16 yr old niece. She is not fat, but really had a gut on her. Haven't seen her in a year....She really plumped up. It was like you are too young and pretty....Get off the couch.
DH told them aren't you going to tell them about your surg. So, they all know. I am sure i was the topic of conversation later...LOL...

Today is legs. Probably B&G till i master it w/o breaks...

How is everone doing. Going out tonite. I am staying in. Have baby today. We are going to go get the playdough table after i wake up and w/o....

Lora, you are just being nervous. 1 week and you will be fine. It is the new job eevey jeevys...
I would be a cow if i ate no meat. I can live on a pice of beef and veggies. Although i do love pasta.It is the holiday cookies and crap..I have had some, but staying away now...

Suz, more snow...
Deb, no snow...Ohio usually gets it before us then comes here.
I swear i am dislexic. I keep typing my words in the wrong mixed up letters. Of course i am no typist....No 60 words a minute here...LOL...You wouldn't be able to read it...

Well, off to catch up and get more coffee...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning,
Today is a rest day for me. I would have liked to switched today and tomorrow around but stayed up to late last night, or should I say this morning. I ate two brownies yesterday and ice cream so I did not do well even though I just had my salad and roast. Oh and dd bought this awesome cheese ball she made and crackers. She left the cheese ball with me. I felt guilty but I put the rest down the garbage disposal as I am the only one that would eat it this week. Well, I am determined that this week I will get this thing back on track. The holidays are done!!

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

DS- I know how you feel with the food. I had a really bad week. Since Christmas Eve i have been making POOOOOR food choices. I had some chips and salsa and the scale is really noticing the salt! Much water today.

Lora- hopefully a nice hot bath with your soaps today can help you relax some. When was your last rest day? Have you ever noticed if a complete rest day helps your pain?

Anne- Oh, I know how it is with the kids at restaurants. SOmetimes they are angels, but other times, I want to crawl under the table and hide! LOL!! They really aren't that bad, but sometimes I just want to relax and enjoy my meal. Good job on that weight loss.

Randi- good for you and finishing that rotation. You must look amazing!

I rested yessterday. Fell asleep on the couch, so I knew I wasn't fit for a WO. Still want to do B&G, but I need cardio too. I want to go to church with m&d so I will see later what wo I feel like doing.

I need to totally put this year behind me. It was a horribly stressful year. The stress also reaked havoc with my Sarcoidosis and I HATE being stressed out when I am around the kids all day. Not fair to them, even though I try to hide it. I need to focus all my energy to making this year better. I will admit (of course) that meeting all you women in this check in and the forums, plus my progress was amazing and I am so thankful for it, but the rest of the year just sucked. I am praying that God gives me the strength to break thru my *barriers* that are holding me back so I can really move on for the better. I know I am meant for better things in this life, so I can take better care of my family.

OK, now my speech is over. Have a great day everyone.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning maniacs!

Suz..you got a keyboard for your mom too? how nice is that!!! I may have read that wrong.

Lora..I would be nervous too, not what you need to hear I know, but if you weren't nervous, that means you wouldn't care, and you care... so grin and bear it. You will be fine, just don't loose your glasses. Cheers to a new job!

Meg, here's to a new year, a less stressful year, and a new you! you are an incredibly optimistic person and I would have never known it was a stressful year for you.

Char, well, hope you are able to keep a smoke-free house and the ability to keep your sanity while FIL is there!!!

Jeanette...are you riding your bike again today. you probably get more cardio that way than the doubles plan would give.

Diane Sue...have fun with the grandbabies, I'm sure they will keep you busy, those brownies sound good.

Anne, enjoy your grandson, he sounds like a handful, I personally can't stand the smell of playdoh, it makes me physically ill. I wonder if it's because my stepbrother used to try and make me eat it as a child.

Randi...congrats on finishing a difficult rotation! I bet you are loving that step.

Dallys???? are you back???? safe travels to you.

Debbie, I saw power tower at Dicks, it was only 100, I was tempted. but I will wait.

Ok...I just found my new collage video flyer and will be busy making my wish list now.

Happy workouts, it's stretchx for me today. Maybe will finish the last 1/2 hour of the yoga I didn't do yesterday...maybenot!!

Amber

Meaghan - I haven't taken a complete rest day for as long as I can remember, but I have taken ones recently where I just did yoga or stretching and usually my legs feel worse and I feel lazy when I try to workout the next day. I'm going to try to start taking one a week where I just do yoga or pilates....but it has to be after all of this Holiday garbage. I hope you have a better year next year. Life is really stressful most of the time for my DH and I. We struggle thru each day dealing with our disease -- thus one of the reason's we decided to never have children. We both feel life is hard enough without them for us. My pain occurring on a daily basis with all of these migraines also makes it tough to get thru some days and weeks, so my heart goes out to you with your sarcoidosis. If yoga helps you relax, do more yoga.

I forgot to mention that one of the reason's that I AM SO nervous about the job now is cuz when I mentioned that I was going to work in a Law Office downtown to about 4 people at my DH"s family, they all said, either "good luck" or "that will be stressful".....or something like that. His sister works for attorneys and she made all sorts of derogatory comments and acted like she was so stressed out from her job that she couldn't take it! Thus....the reason I'm so scared now. I'm doubting my decision. I hate all of the newness and awkardness also.

I got a new treadmill yesterday. Been saving my money for months now and went to Sears and they had this awesome Pro-Form 680 on sale for $599. ($300 off regular price). Nice piece of equipment. It has workout programs on it and the most important thing that I wanted is it has automatic incline. I used it this morning along with my new pair of running shoes and had an excellent workout. I did Cardio Coach #6 and LOVED IT!!! Great workout. The auto incline really helped with this workout. I had a blast. My new shoes felt like I was running on air.

Traveled 3.55 miles, workout was 1:10 minutes, was in my zone for 53 minutes and burned 354 calories.

Randi - when I was doing exclusive Cathe's I would add on two workouts together when I worked one body part a week. I've mixed GS w/S&H, S&H w/power hour. Its a great way to get your body to the next level. Go for it!

Hope you all have a great workout and a very Happy New Year!
Love you all!

Ok Deb, waay to go. I bought a Nordic trac one last year.It was 400 buck off. i think it was 1100. I went with a little bigger one in case the dh gets on it. I went for the 300# one. I like the programs with it. I use them all the time. I do find myself lowering the incline about 10 seconds before the sprints,or i am trying to run 6-7MPH at a 10 elevation.It takes like 20 seconds to lower...

I did B&G. I had to pause and stretch as usual. Why does this w/o kill me so.
Maybe i am doing them wrong, but the 1 legged squats. I feel them more in my front leg above the knee than the butt.Is that right or am i at a wrong angle?

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

I just did Slow and heavy just but i did go heavier then cathe just by 5lbs I tried doing gym style with it and my chest was fried by then so I didnt do gym style. I did LIC cardio on 8in step and abs after chest.
Maybe next week all try both of the S&H and GS.
Randi

Hello Everybody!

I just took down my Christmas tree. :( It's really easy b/c I leave it decorated and just cover it in the basement. Am I lazy or what? It's tall and skinny so it doesn't take up much space.

Today is a rest day or stretch day and I was going to do CC since I've been eating so bad, but my knee is hurting me from falling yesterday. x( It's not swollen and not bruised so what the heck? It hurts going up the stairs more than going down the stairs. So I figured I better rest it today. I wonder if I should ice it or put heat on it? I MUST start doubles (or triples the way I've been eating) this week so I don't want to be sidelined with that AND my shoulder. It sucks getting old (okay, so it's being clumsy, not being old). Enough complaining.

Lora - Glad you found your lens. WHEW!

Randi - Great job on your results with your December rotation.

Storm - No more snow but more wind. DH shoveled and shoveled yesterday and it all blew back. He just ordered a MONSTER snow blower this morning. He was so angry when he woke up to the new drift! Too bad about your niece. So sad. It's an uphill battle.

Diane Sue - GOOD FOR YOU for putting that thing in the garbage disposal! I'm sure you felt bad, but let me just say that I made some brownies for my neighbor for helping us plow. The brownies never made it there. DH ate a few. The trash didn't see any. I love brownies. I'll let you figure out where the rest went. :( I usually throw them away because I LOVE brownies and I KNOW I'll eat them all if given the chance - although I've never given myself the chance. Today I have a sugar hangover from two days of brownie gorging. I'm such a pig. And I even have that salad still leftover (I'm sure it's all soggy, but I'm STILL going to eat it). Remember me saying I was sick of sugar? I guess I wasn't quite.

Meg - I think you made great strides this year and I think it's great that you have goals for yourself in 2007 to be less stressful. It can only be better for your overall health. I know I've told you this before, but I don't know how you do it all and I think you're amazing!

Amber - Nope, we just went with my mom's DH to pick it up b/c it wouldn't fit in his car and also he fell and sprained his wrist so he couldn't lift it. Then we helped him put the stand together. I told my sister I get the daughter of the year award. She told me the year was almost over so I had to start fresh on Tuesday. Darn! What a concept - finishing yesterday's yoga. Hmmm...

Debbie - You got a new treadmill?????? Awesome!!!!!! That is soooo cool! Great workout. So you liked CC #6? How does it compare?

What are you all doing for New Year's Eve? I bought shrimp cocktail and will sit here and eat it. :9 That's my new little tradition. DH will have beer. Maybe I'll have one or two. But two will make me DRUNK! We thought about going to a party but decided to be party poopers instead.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz - Cardio Coach 6 is kind of like 4. The first challenge is a 3 minute level 4 climb and then a 1 minute all out sprint at level 4 then a 2 minute rest. You do this 3 times. Challenge 2 is 5 - 1 minute level 3 sprints and 1 minute rest. And Challenge 3 is a 4 minute progressive level 3 hill climb with the last minute a level 4 sprint. It is really fun and I can't believe I did it! I never thought I'd be doing #6. I had a hard time getting my HR up with the first challenge the first time through but after that I was fine. I know you'd like it.

Hey Maniacs! I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!! Did anyone miss me? LOL! Wow, I had a great time and reeeeally needed this vacation, had burnout like Anne is having. Did I hear someone (clutzy Suz!) pulled a "Dallys" and fell on the ice!? LOL! Hope you are ok. My knee is still iffy from my graceful move. I'll check back after I catch up. Might be tomorrow, before I can tell you all about the vacation. Hate to be back home in this freakin' cold gloomy weather. I'm really thinking Margaritaville is calling my name about now! It's only 4:00, LOL!!!!!!!! Just finished CleanXtotheMax!

I'm off to read, to catch up! Might take me days!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I missed you BIGTIME. I was wondering if you were ever coming back. I always just miss time when I'm gone, as I don't have the patience to read thru everything. I start a new job on Tuesday....and I've been working out like a maniac cuz I'm a nervous wreck. I'm going to work for a Law Firm Downtown. I've never done that before.

Diane Sue - Have you ever done just the leg parts of Amy Bento's, All Pump, Cardio Step/Pump and Hi/Lo Pump as a leg workout? I'm quickly growing tired of all of my leg workouts. Need some variety. Any thoughts?

I only have 1 more day of WORKOUT FREEDOM left and then it's back to time crunched 1 hour workouts. I don't think I'll be working out too much the first couple weeks of work. Don't get me wrong, I will work out daily, but I'm not going to stress out about fitting in 9 million things in the AM for sanity reasons.

We went to see We Are Marshall. It was a very touching movie but slow at times. I'm fat and bloated. I'm so disgusted with my belly. ;(

Hi all,
Finally getting on here, won't post much because I don't think anyone reads this when it's so late. I didn't do Xstretch today, but did do a bike ride. I've been so worried about losing cardio capacity on my bike riding with less cardio from P90X. I had a good ride and a good average so I'm not so worried now. It's just hard to breath when you are riding in 30 some degree temps and it does impact it. I just have to keep that in mind. Tomorrow, I start Phase 2 of P90X and looking forward to it. I haven't taken new pics yet or measurements. Don't think a lot has changed, but I like the way my upper body is looking so I'm encouraged. I'll also like eating a bit more carbs a day too.

Suz, you cracked me up about storing your Christmas tree in the basement. Hey, that would work for me except we cut one every year. Sorry about all the drifting of snow, bummer.

Dallys, glad you are back! Did you win money? Did you get any bike riding in? How was the weather?

Lora, glad you got the glasses situation under control. I only have time for 1 hour workouts myself most of the time.

Randi, I don't see a January rotation posted yet. You've really been working hard! Bet it's paying off.

Anne, there are sooo many young kids with weight problems. It's sad. I was a bit pudgier than I am now in high school. Never worked out much and ate some junk food, but not like today's kids.

Diane Sue, you had me thinking about M&M brownies. Obviously Suz too. See, you planted a seed.

Maeghan, sure hoping that 2007 is better for you. I've had stress at work for like 4 years and this year it eased up quite a bit. I like working, but it's even better now.

Amber, are you ready for Phase 2? You should go to the Xers thread and read the results that Traci got from Phase 2. Look at yesterday's post. She's doing awesome!

Debbie, you are tearing it up on the treadmill and with Cardio Coach! You've got the whole package going, strength, endurance, cardio capacity!

Tomorrow is our club's New Year's Day ride. We'll see if anyone shows due to cold temps. I'll be sure and get my Chest-Shoulders-Triceps P90X super duper workout in first.

See y'all!

Char, where are you?

Jeanette

I was just dropping in to say hi to all of you and Happy New Year:) We may go out, haven't decided. We drove by some different houses that went on the market and one that we are considering this afternoon. I have not had much appetite today. I guess all the extra yesterday left me to full:)

Lora, as far as the workouts you mentioned the only Amy's I have for lower body is All Pump X and I do have Pump & Step. I feel Pump and step is lacking on lower body. I do like the upper though. I like to do A team Bootcamp doing only the cardio and lower segments. You can do this by just going to each drill and doing cardio and lower then go to the next. You could do this and add something else to it.

Debbie, I am sure you will really enjoy the new treadmill.

Randi, I think you can do S&H and another workout but you would definitely not want to do it to long. It would probably push you to the limit.

Netta, sorry I planted that seed:) Don't do it!! X Stretch or bike ride I would choose the bike ride too! Just add in a little of what you are afraid of losing once once in awhile and you should be fine. That is what I did and it proved to me I was not losing anything.

Suz, I just figure after a week of careful eating and you would never know I cheated a lot:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.