Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Dec 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Kicbox Step for 70 min" followed by Intermediate Yoga in Fiji. Kelly's workout was step kickboxing for about 35 minutes and then 10 minutes of cardio/weights and ab work. It is a 55 minute workout. I repeated a step combo kickbox segment, as I wasn't going to do the weighed segment and then at the last minute I decided to do it....thus the time difference. I didn't really use real heavy weights, as I just wanted to see what that part was like and it's really not a weight day. This was a good workout and was fun...but it will take me a few times to get it down, as Kelly moves very quickly and she doesn't really break down steps. She does it on a higher step and it was tough....and I'm sure it will be tougher once I get the moves down. I like her intensity. I burned 465 calories.

I also did Intermediate Yoga in Fiji. This was the first time doing this. I got it from Amazon and never really got around to doing it. I played my own yoga music. I didn't really care for the instructor and at times she moved sort of slow...but it ended up being a pretty good workout. I'm pretty sore today.

I still can't seem to get enough water in me. I couldn't sleep well last night and I was up and down all night and having some stomach problems. I hope it's just my IBS acting up.

Diane Sue - I'm sick of all my leg workouts. Do you think Drill Max leg premix would be good enough to do? What about Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt and abs plus Lower Body Jam back to back? I need some more leg options.

What Cathe Leg Premixes are good 1 hour workouts? from any series? Since I never was really "into" working my legs...I don't have a lot of experience with the leg workouts. I need suggestions.

Have a great day ladies. I'll be back later.

Morning ladies...maniacs.....
I am sitting here drinking coffee waiting for some cold medicine to kick in.... I have ocean nasal sprayed my sinuses to death already today and I am trying to get rid of this darn headache so I can finallllllly go workout

I am going to take longer breaks as not to overheat me, but I am working legs if it kills me literally...
Randi are you sure you weren't here and gave it to me.???
Dallys, you crack me up. Heavy food to your mouth...

Jeanette. I do not pay for pic trail.
I am gearing up to do a double duty leg workout. I may take my recovery drink with me.I may need it!!!!!!!!

Anyone bikin today. It is like 28 here.
Char, did it cool off down there...?
Diane Sue, ice melt...We had a bad storm Fri. It missed me, but a lot of damage 20 min away.I hare wind storms. I could not live at the coast. Wind and water scare me.....

ROAAAAAAARRRRRRR like in Madagascar...I scared. LOL...

Some one lite me a hot poker under my butt please.
I have been up since 5:30 and cannot get movin...

Check in later,

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

morning maniacs!

ANne...hot poker to the butt...I need one too.
Good luck with the nasal problems, I get terrible headaches with sinus infections, maybe you need an antibiotic.

Lora, yes cut pects...for submuscular implants...the old kind. not good for push-ups and pull-ups. Probably way too much info. Anyway, my radiculopathy seems to be a level lower than yours, and thank goodness only flares up once a month or so!

Anne I've been up since 5:30 too...trying to figure out the pre-pay phone jungle for dh's parents christmas gift. Uggghhh, I'm so lost. DH won't listen to me and just add a phone line with verizon for 10 a month. Stubborn.

Plan to do my fit test today and hopefully get my pre pixs taken.

bbl
Amber

Good morning ladies. Well, I didn't WO last night. After I posted last night I went into the living room and both boys had fevers and were just laying there. I gave them meds and sat with Connor since he is prone to seizures with fevers, so I wanted to watch him. Then DH came home with pizza and we watched a movie all together and I fell asleep after the movie. So the boys are feeling crappy today. But on a good note- no pain for me! So maybe it was better that I rested again. I ate my eggs for breakfast so I have lots of energy for a good WO today.

Lora- both those scents sound great. I am certainly interested in them.

Anne- I hpe you feel better. Dallys is good at lighting the fires lol!! Get a good one in, if you feel up to it.

Amber- can't wait to see pics. Good luck on your fit test.

I will report back later ladies.

BTW- I think it was Lora who commented on my tatoo? Thanks . I got it when I was in the military living in Mississippi. It was a last minute thing, just went for it. Glad I did. I like it. Forget it it there most of time. LOL!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Anne - Have you ever tried doing yoga for your sinuses. My sinuses are absolutely horrid and I really need surgery. I have severe pansinusitis and polpys. I also use Ocean all Winter. I think that doing downdog in yoga has helped mine (just a tad), but for someone not as severe as me, perhaps it would help you.

Toasty- I'm wearing my Daemon of Vanity Tee shirt today! BC's song Crazy B was in the movie yesterday - National Lampoon - Van Wilder's Return of Taj. It was cool. They were at a party dancing to it. They didn't bleep it either!! I ordered a couple Salon's and both Limiteds. I have to email you later and tell you some stuff about using the oils.....I thought of a few tips for getting the most out of your scent in the cold weather.

Amber - Lucky you that you only get occasional flareups. I just wish I could do pushups! I get so frustrated.

Does anyone have the Select Tech dumbbells here? I can't remember if we like them or say they are too big and bulky. I want some so I don't have to drag all of my DBs out every day...but we don't have money right now anyway.

Nope, never tried yoga for sinuses. I had surg on them about 7 yrs ago and nevvvver again. Hurt like a mother.Got the pepsi feeling up my nose for 6 months and that boy was tender for 6 months after. I am just drained ,.I barely ate yesterday.... I will have a recoup day today and be fine . No work today...

I made it through b&g. Getting a little easier.I held the weights on the sides for the 1 legged squats.I am ready for a nap now... LOL...

I was going to do pyramid ups also , but not the way i feel. I am trying to get moving to get a bath...

I wish i was Jeannie. Cross my arms and WALA......
Dinner done, bath, house....
Maybe in my next life....
I looked at the select tecks db. I didn't like them..MAybe the squareness. I bought rubber coated hex a couple months ago. I like them.
Anne
Aka( Storm)

Good morning ladies,

No workout today, but it is our bike club's Sunday ride. I looked at the temp and it is 18 degrees! Hope it at least warms up into the 30's as we start riding at 10:00. It's beautifully sunny outside though and no wind.

Lora, glad you liked Kelly Coffey this morning. Good calorie burn. I'm thinking of getting a new HRM as mine malfunctions near the TV. It's an M32 and is worthless in the house with the TV. Works okay with Cardio Coach cuz I do it from my mp3 player. Which model do you have? That's strange about the water and not feeling like you've taken in enough. How much a day are you drinking? I've been drinking a lot more lately (past 2 weeks) and it's helping with the water retention.

Anne, sorry you have a cold again. So far I've managed to not get one since last April. Crossing my fingers that it doesn't hit during P90X. Take care of yourself. I hate cold medicine as it wires me up and then I can't sleep at night. Maybe I need to get the right kind.
I hate the wind roaring too.

Hi Amber, I've got to take my measurements today. Already have my before P90X pictures taken. I haven't done the fit test yet. Maybe I'll have to do that today.

Maeghan, glad your hip is better. Sorry the kids are sick. You are a great mommy. Know you will pick a good workout today.

Lora, you might post on the Open Discussion and ask about the Select Tech dumbbells. Seems like McMain (Carol) has a set and likes them.

Got to go. Got an email from Suz last night. She's back. Hope to see her on here today.

Jeanette

Yep, we ride in 30 degree weather (as long as there is no ice on the road). Have to wear underlayer, wool jersey, cycling jacket, wool socks, toe covers on the shoes, booties over the shoes, cycling tights (insulated), lobster gloves, balaclava. Yep bundled up. The feet, hands and face get the coldest. Can stay out for a little over an hour in the 30 degree weather. After that you start getting colder. 40 degree weather is much better. Hope it gets there today.

Jeanette

Had a great time at my companies Christmas party last night. I did very well with my eating and I'm so proud of myself! I ate clean all day and then ordered the tuna steak & baked potato (no butter or sour cream) and a salad. Skipped desert even though two people at my table had a desert that looked to die for! I wanted some so bad but was full and didn't want to get sickeningly full.

Had a great workout too, had a lot of enery. I'm going back to my full body plan and I started it today. Todays workout was 3 sets/8 reps with 60 second rest. This is what I did:

Pushups on Power Tower for warmup - 2 sets/12 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 85#
Double Arm Rows - 22's for first set and went up to 25's for the 2nd and 3rd set
Squats - 105# and should have gone higher but was worried about my back
DB Overhead Shoulder Press - 22's (I can't believe I'm up to 22# for this exercise. I remember when I couldn't get past 12#)
Barbell Curls - 50#
DB Overhead Tricep Extension - 40#

Then I did a circuit of ab work:
Knee raise on Power Tower w/3# ankle weights - 15 reps
Woodchops on stability ball w/15# - 20 reps
Hip Lifts w/3# ankle weights - 20 reps
Did this 3x's

Workout was 1 hr., was in my zone for 24 minutes and burned 243 calories. Now thats more like it! :)

Dallys - great going with CC yesterday. My calorie burns are never that high either, its because our bodies are conditioned so well. It takes a lot for me to get over a 300 calorie burn.

Hi everyone!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Mornin' Maniacs! Not sure what workout to do today. I wanted to start Cathes December rotatation, but I still don't have the DVD's. DD sent them on tuesday. Maybe I'll get them tomorrow. DANG her for forgetting to bring them to me on Thanksgiving (still love her though).:) I didn't get my tree up yet. Hoping to do that today sometime.

Lora- Sorry, I forgot to answer you about if I'm done with P90X. Yep, I finished the week of Thanksgiving. That's cool you DH is going to do it.:) Never tried those dumbells. They sound like a good way to save space though.

Anne- Can't you feel that HOT POKER yet!? Get off your @ss and get to it!!!!;) I want to be Jeannie too!

Amber- Good luck with the fit test and picture taking. DH's are crazy aren't they? Hope you figure out what to do with the phone deal.

Meaghan- Maybe you did need that rest. Hope you DS's start feeling better soon. I had pizza last night too. I'll have the leftovers for lunch.:9

Jeanette- That is so cool you still ride in the cold! I want to do that, but need to invest in all the garb. It's EXPENSIVE!!!!!

Debbie- Good job on your workout. Is this the same rotation you did awhile back? Way to go on the shoulder presses!

Later Maniacs........

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Golly you all have been chatty since I've been away! :) I tried to skim the past few days but WHEW, there's a lot! I left Wed. morning at 5am and the roads were TERRIBLE. The speed limit is 75 and I drove 45-50 the entire way to the airport and it took me THREE hours instead of the usual hour an a half. I lost count of vehicles that were upside down and in the ditch. It was crazy. A gal spun out in front of me. I thought for sure I was gonna hit her. She slid in front of me sideways then went back then here she came again then back - she was sliding backwards. Good thing I had just stopped to go to the bathroom! The weather in Baltimore was lovely though - upper 60's. I woke up this morning here and it was minus 4. :) No bike rides for me.

Amber - welcome! How fun to have someone else doing P90X.

I won't write personals today b/c you'll never get through my post. Just a couple of things. Storm - I'm sorry you're sick again. GET BETTER.

Meg - your pictures look absolutely amazing. I can't believe your transformation. Good for you.

Lora - you are NOT the fattest one on here. Jeanette - neither are you. I'm pretty sure I am. I swear I feel like I've gained a ton over the past month. I don't know why. I'm sooooooo ready to BRING IT! I'm going to have poor DH take yet another set of before pictures (he never does take afters :p) but I'm not posting them until I'm finished.

Char - there's a pic of you in Oxygen. Did you know that? It's just after the table of contents and it's an ad for ON Whey. Also on page 43. It's the January issue. She looks a lot like you in my opinion. Of course you're more beautiful! ;)

I missed you all! I've got to run out and get some lettuce for salads and some ground turkey for chili and more healthy food...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Ladies
Just got done doing Cardio Fusion all step premix and B&G abs. I'm feeling a lot better. I did go out last night though drank a little to much but met a nice guy actually two:) in the same bar. Oh well I gave them my number if they call that's great if not oh well:) I hate being single:( especially around xmas.
Talk to ya later
Randi

Hot poker is like Jalapinos. Not doing it....Getting immune to them...Maybe some hemroids will get me movin today..

I did w/o . I feel a little better. Takin it easy.
DH is getting out the studio lights to do the GSons pic. He flipped at the mall, (I bought them for him 7 years ago and he has never used them).
I got the coolest cd in a card from my brother and his wife. She did a power point slide show w/ music from summer till now. It was so nice....Better than a gift....
Suz, where did you go???
Randi, glad you are feelin better. I was gargling w/ peroxide . YUK, foamiong at the mouth. Supposed to make your teeth whiter while helping the throat.LOLLLLLLLLL~~!!!!!!!!!
I was looking like CUJO!!
Deb, your workouts always amaze me.
check back later...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Storm - I went to a conference in Baltimore. The bad weather was my drive from Wyoming to Denver, Colorado and then the good weather in Baltimore. Crazy!

Yup - that's the one I was talking about. I think Char is modeling on the side (meaning hanging out with us is her #1 job and anything else would be moonlighting).

Randi - I'm sorry to hear you were sick too. I keep pounding Airborne and now ColdMD. That stuff is EXPENSIVE but I just do NOT want to get sick and everybody I've been around has been sick, including DH (he's all better now). I'm trying everything to avoid it. :)

I'm freezing. I've really got to run to Wal-Mart now. I'm debating on whether or not we should turn up our heat. We keep it at 64 during the day and 60 at night. I'm trying to be tough, but I just don't know. I want to do before pics but I don't know if I can get that naked! Hehehe. It's 38 outside right now, so it's not THAT bad.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey Suz, Long time no see. Lol! Your drive sounded scary!! I hate driving under those conditions. I'm like a paranoid physco in bad weather. It's a crisp 21 degrees here. I'm not even taking the garbage out. It's all in a pile by the door. LOL!

Randi-Glad you are feeling better and meeting some guys. I hope you find a nice decent one that cares about you.:)

Cujo- That card from your sis sounds cool. And it's nice your DH is getting so much use out of the studio lights.:p }(

Well off to workout... I'm goin' in blind!!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Well, I did cardio and weights cardio on 8 in step. Felt real good. Then I did the UB heavy weight premix (never noticeed this one before!) Loved that, then did HSTA UB premix. Yes I was fried. Felt so good though. i hope to do abs and yoga tonight, we will see. I also have two more pics to post. My hubby took them of me. I will get to it. BB.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Suz, 64...Wow. We turn ours to 65 at night,
but 69 day. It got cold here today.
We are on a hunt for a sync cord for the flash. He is up in his camera crap. He wants to use digital and not film. His old Minolta cofnfusing set everything one has it ,but my canon g-5 digital doesn't have a plug to control the flashy hickey. I am learning. I told him to call Abe's of Maine. they will get one , or figure it out...
How cold ???
Winter is upon us...
Movin to Hawaii now...LOL!!
I need to buy some airborne. I have people hacking on me everyday...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.