Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Dec 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Gliding Gone Wild with Mindy Myrlea and repeated the aerobic segment and then added on Kickbutt Bootcamp Kickboxing segment and then I cooled down for 3 minutes and did the stretch from Gliding Gone Wild (73"). I also did Yoga Shakti using the Matrix did Dancing Warrior 2 and 3, Standing Poses 1, Backbend Prep, Supine Poses, Forward Bends and Twists, Inversions and Shavasana (60"). I burned 420 calories or so during the aerobics (not sure, as my monitor was not on for the warm/up).

Yes.....I bought the Gliding Gone Wild and shouldn't have (cuz of the job situation). Although I'm really glad I did. It was REALLY a lot of fun. My HR was mostly moderate at 130-140 for most of it, but climbed to 150's during the one part. I never would have thought this could be fun. I only wish the floor aerobic segment was longer. It has an 8 min warmup, 18 minute aerobic segment followed by about 10 minutes of lying butt work and 10 minutes of ab work and then the stretch. I skipped the butt/ab work since I don't need anymore of that today. My legs are already pretty toasty just from doing the gliding segments.

I'm really nervous about my job interview tomorrow. Just the thought of starting a new job makes me sick to my stomach. I can't stand that awkward feeling when you don't know anyone or anything. I think I hate that more than anything and yet God keeps making me go thru it. Go figure!!

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to soak in the tub and then search the Help Wanted for a job.

We're going to see the Will Smith movie today. Not much to chose from. The movies have been lousy lately!

Good Morning Maniacs!

Lora...hang in there lady!!! By the way I was pleasantly surprised by Buckcherry, what a great voice the lead singer has! Crazy B**#h (wasn't expecting what that song was abouat at all) it's great.., the whole cd will be loaded onto the IPOD today under headbangers. It also had a kinda 80's hair band feel to it. hehe Not bad because I'm an 80's chick.

Today is stretch x, may do the rest of yogax today as I had to cut it short, I don't know why but I feel really guilty when I don't do the whole thing.

Lora...it's your DH doing p90x! I knew somebody's dh was doing it.

I just saw a p90x commercial it aired at 7A. Many of the players in the dvd's were in the test group! Bam, that attorney in the back..anyway it was interesting, I'm glad I didn't pay 120plus for it though, althoug it is worth that!

More later,

Amber

Morning ladies.... I did nothing more than Muscle Max last night. It has been a bad w/o week for me. Really buisy at work and i am a little tired. These 10 hr days are killing me, and this diet has me a a little drained, but i figure 2 weeks and my body will adjust.Hey, i get 2 days off for x-mas and new years... Yippieeee.

Lora, great w/o.. I am sippinng coffe trying to wake up to get one in. Today is cardio.and abs. I think either LIC or the treadmill.
I will decide.
Quiet yesterday. Everone buisy with the hustle and bustle of Christmas...I am going to finish today.
Where is Toasty. MIA....Hiding..Shopping...
Well off to get more coffee...
Have agood day.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning, today is my rest day. We will be looking at houses later. I would like to do some yoga or stretching some time today. I need to clean out cabinets too so when I pack I don't have a lot to clear out.

Anne, Muscle Max is a great workout by itself. Don't be hard on yourself when you are working many hours your body probably could use a little more rest.

Lora, good luck with the interview tomorrow. You will do fine. You've done it before. Change is always hard at first. Maybe God has something better planned for you:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Suz - What did CC #5 have in it? Does it have long runs in it? Like three minute climbs? I hate those. I like the sprinting ones better although I'm getting better at the longer runs. I want #5, I should have ordered that for Christmas. Maybe I still will. Its an hour, right?

Getting read to pump some iron, be back later.

Good Morning:)

Lora good luck with your interview i'm sure you will do great! Also great workout I'll be praying for you.

Anne great job Muscle Max is a kick a** workout! Great Job!
Amber have a good relaxing day today;)

Today for me is Gym style Chest, tris and abs. My legs are getting really sore from yesterdays workout! My xmas party went well I have really good will power and did not eat anything or drink all they had was junk food and beer and wine. It was fun I got a 100 dollar gift cert to Target from my company and from the gift exchange I got a nice starbucks coffee mug and a 10 gift cert there!:)
Have a great day
Randi

I know i am being hard on me, but i like to get 5-6 days in.I feel like is did nothing this week.
Randi, GS chest and tri is my all time Favorite. I love it.I think trying to really diet is making me tired, but i need to do this before surg. I want to take off the rest of this before i have it done. I don't want to waste 12 grand then start sagging or loose more in my face and nt have the results i want..

Guess, Christmas is taking a toll also. I have to finish shopping today...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Amber - Yep, DH is doing P90X. He started when everyone here did. I tried to get him to join the check in but he just rolls his eyes at me!! and then he said he can't type. I even offered my typing skills, but he's afraid of Toasty with those 35# bells!! LOL.

Deb - Seriously, I hear ya on those 3 min sprints. I die doing those. That's what I really need to work on ...........so I guess I know what I need to be pulling out this week! Time to challenge myself and get myself ready for the upcoming fight!! (*thinking new job*)

Okay- I'm trying to think of positive things about myself since I've been working out so long and I don't look like Diane Sue!! LOL. My DH squeezed me (bear hug like) yesterday and said "darn....what have you been doing .....your bulking up. Your solid as a rock.....my...." and he kept going on and on. Of course, I was cracking up cuz I thought he was joking with me cuz he always calls me "lunch box" and "fat girl"....(i know cute nick names!!...I'm not proud of them). So I didn't think nothing of it and then this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed and my alarm was going off forever and he came up there and squeezed me again and started saying it all over again. I was laughing again but then he got serious and started punching me in the stomach (not hurting me though - as I was tightening my abs) and he said I was solid like a brickhouse). So, I guess that's a compliment....being that we aren't the huggy/kissy type of family and he hardly ever puts his arms around me. He hasn't hugged me like that since I finished my last bout of P90X....so I guess maybe I did build a little muscle lately. I told him I've been hitting the weights hard and he said it was noticeable.

Okay....and since I'm patting myself on the back.....here's another comment that I should think of when I feel like "poor me" cuz I'll never get the physique I really want with my injury. Once when I was having trigger point injections by a Physical Rehab physician, the regular doctor got let go from the practice and his partner (a woman) had to see me for my final visit and give me injections. I took my shirt off and had the gown on and was ready to get the injections and right before she gave me the first injection, she commented on what "great shape" I was in. I guess, coming from that type of doctor, it should have made me feel good.

Anyway, I'm done..........sorry, I'm not trying to be conceited....but I guess I'm trying to think of positive things about myself to get me psyched up for the interview tomorrow. Now if I could only think of some positive things about "brain power".....cuz all of us over 40 know it sure doesn't get "easier" in that department as we age. However, that being said.....I remember reading that the forgetfullness gets a tad better after our 40's...something ladies go thru with menopause. I remember reading that the hormone change in your late 40's causes a lot of the short term memory loss, etc.

I'm applying for an Administrative Assistant in Human Resources at a large bank downtown and a couple other jobs in the paper today. Gotta go fill out the envelopes. I'll be back. Thanks for listening to me be conceited. I guess you ladies hear me beat myself up on this thread enough....so I hope you don't mind to hear me go the other way for a change! I can only hope I look half as good as you ladies do as I age.

Whew..........that was long.......sorry for yet another long post, but then it is ME. :7

Well, for someone who had no energy this morning to lift, I broke all my personal best's with each exercise. I did 4 sets/5 reps with 1 min. rest:

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 105#
Arnold Press: 25's
Incline DB Rows: 40's
Squats: 120#
Dumbbell Curls: 30's (this one was a feat, my bi's seem to be the slowest in responding to heavy weights. My teeth hurt doing this one!)
Barbell Close Grip Tricep Press: 85#

Workout was 54 minutes, was in my zone for 17 minutes and burned 200 calories.

Ate ok yesterday until I got to my dad's. Candy and sweets galore there. Was really hard to pass up, especially this time of year. I didn't do bad, though, and I don't have a sugar headache today so I guess thats good.

Diane Sue - enjoy your rest day! You deserve it.

Anne - Don't be so hard on yourself, you'll get back to it, no worries!

Amber - Hi!!

Randi - Great workout, LOVE the GS series!

Lora - Thats awesome about all the compliments. And you deserve them, you workout hard every day. I'm proud of you! Good luck with your job search.

Hope you all have great workouts, I'm out for my last shopping trip.

Morning Maniacs! We got snow! And lots of it! DH is out there with the snow blower, hehe. Yesterday I did All Step and shoulders and abs. Today I'm not sure. I only have 4 days to workout this week before my vacation. I was going to do more of CTX, but now I don't know if that will be enough, unless I double up on the weight work. Still thinking.

Lora- What great compliments! You really deserve it. I love hearing it from you because you are so dedicated to your workouts.

Debbie-What a great workout you had! Especially since you started with no energy. Don't you just love that?:)

Diane Sue- Enjoy your rest day. I bet you sell your house soon. You've had alot of lookers.

Anne- Maybe I'll do Muscle Max today. :) I think Toasty is out of town helping her FIL move.

Randi- Great will power at the party!

Amber- I saw just a glimpse of that infomercial. I need to catch it again and see the rest.

Well, I'm feeling alittle guilty watching DH deal with all the snow. I think I'll bundle me and the dog up and go help.:)

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Ok, I am done and ready to drop.....I did BM2 abs and the cardio premix from LIC.I really like that one. Low impact and i still work.I had to kick me in the butt bigtime .
Who has snow???LOL,,,,,,It is 65 here and nice....
Well, going bath x and shopping x. I am getting done today...God help me...Week before x-mas...
God, give me patience....So i don't smack someone...
Later, ladies.
Deb, good w/o...

Dallys, i love Muscle max. I have to go light on chest work now. 4 weeks till @@...I will suffer worse with tight chest muscles. Dr. said no chest. I can do everything else.I am going to try to maintain ad hit the cardio heavy....
Hey, down 3#.No wine and really watching my diet.( I am having wine withdrawl)LOL.... I am going to look like a rabbit. My teeth are growing already...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Hello Ladies!

Today is my rest day. Woooo hoooo! I might do Stretch X. Might. I might do Hot Tub X instead like last week. We ended up bagging the police dept. party. We went to mine and came home. I didn't eat too bad and just had a Diet Pepsi.

Lora - I'm so happy to hear you say good things about yourself. I bet you look so much better than you EVER give yourself credit for. You work SO hard day in and day out. There's no way you could NOT look good. I'm pretty sure you have some body image issues and I'm glad that your DH did what he did. It brought tears to my eyes when you told me that he never does that. I'm glad he did. And don't you be nervous about these interviews. You have a lot to offer and God has the right job waiting for you. He will put you in the right place for the right reason. You may not know what that is, you're just gonna have to trust.

Amber - I want to see that P90X commercial. When I used to do the Firm, I would get up and surf channels through all the Paid Programming just searching for the Firm informmercials and then I'd record them so I could watch them again. :) Yup, I'm a freak!

Storm - I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else here - quit beating yourself up here. You did a workout and you're working 10 hour days and you're losing weight b/c you're hardly eating. What more can you demand of your poor body woman????????????

Debbie - CC#5 Challege 1 is 3 level 3 hill climbs each 4 minutes in length (sorry!), challenge 2 is 6 1 minute sprints with only 30 seconds in between (I think these are still level 3), challenge 3 is 4 level 4 30 second sprints with 90 seconds in between and these are killer. I think it's around 50 minutes without the stretch or maybe just under 50 minutes - I can't remember - I meant that WAS yesterday. :p It's a great workout. My HR is mid 180's until the last 4 sprints and then it was 191 and 192. Your teeth hurt curling? That's a new one! Were you grinding them? :)

Randi - You did AWESOME at your party last night! And my most favorite gifts - Target and Starbucks. What could be better! Awesome workout too. You're lifting some poundage girl!!! I just bench that much without Smith. :(

Diane Sue - It just hit me that we all keep talking about your "lookers". I bet you get a lot of "lookers" too since you're such a hottie. :) Have fun looking at houses today. Have you found any that you really like?

Dallys - It's snowing here too. But only a few inches. I think we'll get in the hot tub before it stops. If you're like Charlotte, you need to do enough workouts before you leave to cover all the days you'll be gone. So you better get busy! :p

Wow - that was long. That's what happens when I get on here so late!
Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz - Thanks for the breakdown, I'll be getting that one tomorrow. :) Not sure I can do the 4 minute climbs but I'll try it. I love those workouts. Yes, my teeth hurt. Not sure how to explain it. I think I have a bad tooth on the right side of my mouth, the nerve feels exposed when I lift heavy if that makes sense. I get a really weird sensation when I was lifting this morning, kind of like when your teeth are sensative to cold and hot, but a little more pain then that. Not liking it.

Hi Maniacs!!!

Just got back from Maryland. Got a Ryder truck full of FIL's stuff. Gonna be busy this evening. Finished ALL our Christmas shopping. Hallelujah.

Got to hurry and Kenpo my butt before I help dh unload. I took my rest day yesterday.

Don't have alot of time to talk. Talk more tomorrow and catch up. Workout now. Bye.

Charlotte~~

Hi all,
Today's workout was supposed to be rest or StretchX but I went on the group bike ride instead. We did 29 miles in mid 30's temps. Good ride though. There were 4 of us. Hard to get folks out when the temps are in the 30's. My cold is better, no coughing at all, though lots of runny nose while riding today. I didn't notice a drop in cardio capacity, but I did notice my hip flexors and quads were sore and fatigued. Could be from Legs & Back on Friday and then KenpoX yesterday. That's the first time in a long time that my legs have been tired while riding that short of a distance. Also, Phase 1 has restricted carbs so that could be it too. I'm going to do StretchX pretty soon. Have been watching the news re: the stranded climbers on Mt. Hood in Oregon. I'm praying they are okay.

Lora, you did a great workout today. You will do fine in the interview tomorrow. I'll be sending out good vibes for you. Wonderful that your DH gave you the well deserved compliments. You work out really hard and I'm sure it shows.

Hi Amber, how was StretchX? I enjoyed it last week when I did it. I'm not as sore this week as last, though my legs are still feeling Friday and Saturday's workouts. That's good though.

Anne, wow, another pound! You're doing it! You're doing it! Yep, it's tough, but we have to just keep plugging away. I love a glass of wine with my mom. Haven't had one lately, though, and miss it. I hadn't thought of the need to have less tight chest muscles before BA surgery. Sounds like you've researched this all pretty well.

Randi, sounds like it was a nice party for you. Good willpower shown and some nice gift cards too. Awesome weights you lifted too. I only own up to 20#ers.

Diane Sue, have fun looking at houses today. Are you looking for acreage too?

Debbie, monster weights for you!! Funny how things work out right or better than we think they will. Good lifting!

Dallys, we didn't get snow, but Reno got a little. Hope it melts soon for you. I emailed my friend and I'll talk to him about routes tomorrow. He wants to know the length of route you want, hills? Mtn. bike trails or roads? Let me know soon, okay? I'm hoping you come up with a great maintenance rotation for me for when I'm done with P90X (10 weeks away). Did you help DH shovel or lend moral support?

Suz, the hot tub sounds nice. I'll just pretend I'm doing that instead while I'm doing StretchX. The bike felt good today, but my legs were fatigued from I'm pretty sure, Legs & Back and KenpoX. Hope that's why. I hate to feel like I'm not doing as well, though I've got to realize it is wintertime and we can take it easier on the bike. I promise I will do a Cardio Coach this week, though I'm almost positive it won't be CC#5. Wow, 4 minute Level 3 hill climbs!! ;( ;( and then the 6 1 minute level 3 sprints with 30 second recovery? :eek: I am askeered:eek: :eek: . Think I will do an easier one like CC#3 or #2. I was suprised that #1 was tougher than I thought. I promise, though, that I will do a CC this week.

Charlotte, glad you got back okay. Sounds like it was a productive trip. Is FIL with you now? Enjoy KenpoX. Think you said you liked that one.

Jeanette

I just bought another stability ball i do have the core secrets workout stability ball which i think is 65cm. Thought that was to big so I bought a 55cm one. Does anyone have 55cm ball, it just seems to small and i'm 5'4.
Thanks
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.