Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Dec 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did All Cycle Terrain. Workout was 67" and I burned 576 calories. I didn't have a very good workout. Couldn't get my HR up. Don't know what's up with that. I also did 75" of Yoga for Wellness and again, it didn't really make me feel good like it usually does.

Have great rest days or workouts everyone.

Sit back with your coffee because this is going to be a long one!

Ok, so today was cardio. I chose Press Play and threw on my Imara HRM. Worked well through the warmup and the first steady state. I hit the first interval of challenge 1, looked down at my HRM to see it reading 62 bpm. OMG! It stayed at 62-72 bpm through the entire first challenge which is about 15 min. long. Lovely. At the recovery stage I reset it and tried again. Same thing. Never got over 62 bpm. WTF? So I took it off and threw on my Polar which worked a bit better but lost my HR at certain parts of the workout.

I bid on another Imara HRM on ebay yesterday and won it. It's a different model then what I have and I got it for $30! So, I'm hoping it will work better and if it doesn't then I've only lost $30 instead of $150. :)

I am starting to think it's me, though. I do have an extra heart beat and my aeortic valves are not the way they should be which causes my heart to flutter. I'm wondering if these HRM's just can't make out what my heart is trying to do? I hardly feel the flutters anymore, though, so I can't figure out how the HRM can record them? I don't know.

But I didn't let this stress me out, I had an EXCELLENT workout. My endurance running is going so well that I can't even believe it. I did the first four challenges of Press Play and then I did Challenge #3 again which is 3 - 1 min. sprints with a 1 min. recovery. I'm doing very well with my sprinting and just wanted to do that challenge again. Challenge #5 on Press Play is a 4 min. hill climb and I hate hill climbs.

Workout was 1 hr. 5 minutes. Have no clue how long I was in my zone. My treadmill showed a 452 calorie burn and I travelled 4.25 miles. I did not want to stop today, I felt so energized and that I could just keep going. But I know over an hour of cardio defeats any purpose so I made myself stop. I feel awesome right now!! Got me some assisted cardio this morning as well! TMI I know. Sorry!

Hope you all have a great day. We got rain all night long. WTF? But now we are getting snow and it's coming down hard!

Also, here are my planned eats for today. I won't be on much so I thought I'd post it now:

M1: ON whey protein shake & Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats (post workout and I was STARVING)
M2: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites w/onion, mushroom & cheese omlette; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M3: Garlic chicken; salad w/Zesty Italian dressing
M4: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M5: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbps. power pb

[font color=blue]1679 calories (a bit low but I ate like crap yesterday)
61 g. fat - 33%
150 g. protein - 36%
135 g. carbs - 32%
[/font]

Morning all...
Deb, does your treadmill have a feature where you can wear a strap and it reads it? Mine does. we had to take the front off and add a wire transmitter and buy a nordic trac strap..

My breakfast was bad here . Left over pasta(whole wheat at least)..
I am gonna let the tummy settle and go do total body. I have all day..
I need to kick me in the butt lately.. Workouts are crappy and i feel crappy.
Some one stick a poker up my A**...

Deb do not say that.. We were really windy . Branches everywhere. No snow yet.. we usually get it after you..

Did Diane Sue get caught up in the ice storms??
Really unlike her not to hear from her..for this long..
Hope she is ok..

Hi Char, Dallys, Suz, and i know a bunch of new names.. Hello..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Anne - No, my treadmill has nothing like that. It's just a guesstimate with it's calorie burn reading. We are getting TONS of snow right now!

Suz - To drop my body fat in the spring I drop my carbs down to below 100 g. a day and I lower my calorie intake. It worked well for me this past spring/summer, I got really cut. I'll do that again when it gets warm out. It gives me something to work towards too. It's fun to see your body change. It's also inevitable to gain weight during this season so why stress about it, you know?

Morning Maniacs! I did Plyo Legs from the Master Series and then did 30 min. on the treadmill. Breakfast was Protein Pancakes with sugar free syrup and natural PB.:9

Lora- Sorry your workouts didn't go so well for you this morning.

Debbie- I know runners that use the HRM to dectect if they have an irregular heart beat or if they might be over training, their heart beat does weird things. So, your HRM shouldn't freak out over your heart beat being fluttery. At least that's what I think. Hopefully this new one will work...at least for awhile. That's great your running endurance is going so well. Doesn't that feel great! ROFL about assisted cardio!!! :D That's the best kind!

Suz- I'm looking forward to my vacation. We'll be leaving on the 26th.

Anne- C'mon girl! SNAP OUT of this funk and get working out!!!!}(.... (Kicking your A$$ and waving hot poker!)
[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Afternoon Maniacs,

AAAhhhhh! It's rest day!:) Well, kind of. I had to lead the children in singing this morning at church and didn't practice or learn my songs until last night, so I was busy reviewing them all again this morning. Then after church was our Christmas concert practice and again I lead the children for that. Our concert is tonight and I still not sure what my kids are wearing. The theme is black, white and red. So I may need to go shopping, really quick. My house is a disaster, I still have six dozen cookies to bake for the cookie exchange tomorrow and I need to be back to church by 6:30 tonight! Oh and some where in there I have to do my piano practice!

And for Lora, all this stress is killing my gut! No matter how I eat! Hope you are doing okay!

Linda

Hey Maniacs!!!

Slipping back into my Toasty Rotation. Little rest, if any between these. I am 120# now and my jeans are getting tight on me. I got to get EVERYTHING in order now..eating, etc. I am digusted with myself right now and I know why the weight is up..not water..just pigging at night.

Here is what I did:

Breakdown Circuit:

Tri-Set 1-
Bench Press with 75# 10x's (second time around did only 8)
Overhead Press with 20's 10x's
Alternate DB Curls with 40's 10x's
PLYO's: Wide Jumps off Stepper
REPEATED series

Tri Set 2-
One Arm Rows with 35's and 12x's
Step Ups off bench with 12's and 12x's
Parallel Dips 5x's (second time around did 7)!!!!
PLYO's: substitued running up and downstairs instead for 1 min.
REPEATED series

Tri Set 3-
Deadlifts with 100# and 12x's
Upright Rows with 15's and 12x's
Front Raises with 12's and 12x's
PLYO's: substituted running around neighborhood to stop sign and back 1/4 mile?
REPEATED series

Tri Set 4-
ATG Squats with 100# and 12x's (OUCH)
Plie Squats with 120# and 12x's
DB Pullovers with 40# db and 10'x
PLYO's: same as in tri 3
REPEATED series

This was a good workout. My heart rate was very high during curls.
Last night completed Ab ripper. Dumb poodle dog likes to stare thru to your soul sometimes so it is hard enough to workout sometimes then to have someone or something staring right thru you so I acted out and screamed at her! lol.

Well ya'll have a good day.

Anne,

It's the time of year. So dark and gloomy. Makes you just want to hog all day long and hibernate like a grizzly. Shame we can't or we will look grizzly. Just got to push your way thru the funk...kinda like eating something plain and unexciting, but once you get going it can be exciting and when your done everyone should bow down and worship you. lol:p

Ok, well, i did a marathon..
It is a Sunday thing..
Bento Slo mo. All 3 segments...in full... Her leg work hurts my back..
Feels good. I was really shakin today. Gonna feel it later..
It is really different kinds of exercises.

The snow started.. Icy flurries.. It is a coming...

Now tomorrow if i can get the cardo in and not be lazy, i will feel like i am getting somewhere..

Well, bath time..

Keep warm all.
Gotta make pieroges for x-mas..Did i tell you i hate to cook..
Wonder if they will know if i use soy flour.. MMM'Think they will be ok??
I hate all the heavy starches..An old slovak family tradition..
Can't change them..Parents thing..

Hey guys:)
How is everyone's weekend going?
Oh my god my legs still hurt from Thursdays workout. So Sat did lowmax combos only barly could do that didnt think I was going to finish. Then did GS shoulders and MM shoulders. Today just left my legs alone did MM abs GS biceps and triceps. Have a great evening ladies:)
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.