Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Aug 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I overslept again. Off to do some Spinning. Not sure what else.

Be back later.

Lora

Diane Sue - I don't think Masters YBB is good for a relaxed practice. I don't use them that often. The core one is the best, but I haven't done it for a long time. I'll have to watch it.

However, Rainbeau's Dusk and Pure Tranquility are both good relaxing practices. Pure Tranquility is more of a restorative type of yoga and is done on the floor. You know how I feel about Dusk :). It's a perfect relaxing practice. I like Dawn too though, but it's just a bit different Dusk. The other one that stands out is Altar of the Heart with Tilak Pyle. I think you can view clips at Fitness Organica. It's long, but there is a natural break at about the 45 minute mark so you could easily make it into 2 45" practices. I'll try to thimk of more and let you know.

I ended up doing Brooke Hayward's Cycle All Terrain - Advanced Ride - 60" and burned 400 calories. She's a total maniac. Her recovery HR must be what my aerobic zone is. Her legs are spinning so fast during the recovery that I get winded just watching her! Last time I did this DVD, it was so hard that I almost never wanted to pick it up again! However, I had to cut back here and there during the session to keep up this time.....and didn't let her KILL me.

Diane Sue - the Lunar Segments in Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti would be good relaxing practices. If you want to try something new - this Yoga to Go Series I got for $7.99 each from www.NShouseofyoga.com are good for easy practices cuz they are Hatha yoga and they are each done in a nature setting. My favorites are the ones done on the Yuba River. They have been coming in handy since my legs are always toast from all of this Spinning. I don't think I could do an Ashtanga practice with the way my legs have been feeling. (of note is that there is no music on the practices on that website...only nature sounds).

Toasty- want the full concert report please!!! How was Buckcherry and Papa Roach? What did you think of Hinder's live performance? Did your daughter enjoy the show?

Hi to everyone else.

Good Morning, today is a rest day for me. Also a busy one. I am off to church, the store, then dh and I have errands, back here before 4 as family is all coming over to celebrate my birthday. My headache has finally left:D

Lora, thanks for the yoga info. I will check these out when I get a chance.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning

Usually a rest day for me...but since I skipped out the other day I will be doing a step segment and an upper body segment.

DS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are right about those cabinets. I'm about 1/3 of the way through and thinking "Oh my goodness":eek:

Well good morning ladies..
Been really buisy this week. Back to school, and between this going to build a salon.Have had no time for anything on this computer but work..Got my floor plan figured out. It is on Pic trail..

I am buying land..
Excited.. Headache though.. Have to buy. Have it rezoned. Have blueprints done and approved with county, find a contractor, then go to the bank..It is going to be a few months here..But i have a goal..Gives me time to get some more cash together..

Got 3 w/o's in this week. 2 cardio and i weight total body. Going to do a marathon today.
Guess it is a lot with 10 hr days at work, but not complaining.
Missed everyone here.
HAppy Birthday Diane Sue!!!
Char, promotion, I am proud of ya..
Deb, looking awesome.. 1 word. COMPETE!!!
DAllys, thought you worked at home girl..
Suz,you are getting skinny girl..Look great.. Now it is my turn.
I gained a few since surg and this week lost 2. No time to fricken eat..
Refinishing cabinets is hard work.
What else did i miss here..
Hello to the new faces. I am terrible with names..
HAve a great Sunday..

DH is working out then i am off to do MMAX.
www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I was a squattin' mofo this ay em. Had a great leg workout and really needed it after the crap I ate yesterday. I have a sugar-induced headache today and I really hate that. Time to OD on water and get this system cleaned out.

[font color=red]Legs[/font]
1:30 min. rest for everything
Squats:
65# - 15 reps
85# - 12 reps
105# - 10 reps
115# - 3 sets/8 reps
[font color=blue]***Some tightness in my low back. Wanted to do 120# but decided against it.[/font]

Hack Squats:
65# - 15 reps
85# - 12 reps
95# - 3 sets/8 reps
[font color=blue]***I love this exercise. I really feel it in the quads and hamstrings.[/font]

SLDL:
75# - 10 reps
80# - 3 sets/8 reps
[font color=blue]***Heaviest so far with SLDS's since back injury. Getting really confident doing these now.[/font]

Static Lunges:
75# - 10 reps
80# - 2 sets/10 reps
[font color=blue]***Should have gone heavier.[/font]

Hamstring Curls:
50# - 12/12/10 reps
[font color=blue]***At this point my hamstrings were trashed. I couldn't believe how hard 50# was. Got a great burn.[/font]

[font color=red]Calf work[/font]
Gym Style Legs Calf Raises
[font color=blue]***Need to be in pain for 5 days. LOL![/font color]

[font color=green]I still hate leg work.[/font][/b]

Anne - Thanks about the competing thing. Reminds me:

I forgot to mention yesterday that when I was with my cousins I had mentioned that I wanted to go to the Arnold Classic this March in Columbus. One of my cousins asked me if I was going to compete. I was floored. I told her no, that I just wanted to be a spectator. She said, "You should compete, you'd do well." It was weird hearing that from my her, they always tell me that I'm in such excellent shape, but I never really thought they see me as a "bodybuilder." Not sure why, but I get such a kick out of that. Made me feel really good as I was shoving food in my face! :D

Diane Sue - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! :) Hope you have a fabulous day, my friend!

Happy Birthday Diane Sue and was it Suz the other day saying that they were celebrating her birthday??

Suz - I have that extra Enter the Red Zone DVD if you want it...however, I'm embarrased to say I don't have shipping money to send it right now. I should have some money by the end of the week and then you can give me your address again to ship it. It's a pretty good workout. I think you'll enjoy it.

Good morning!

DH & I are going to go on our hill ride so he can help me become more efficient. Let's hope I don't take things all personal! Once again I missed church. :( My church from Los Angeles is on the internet now, so I think I will "go" there later. DH is watching Magnum P.I. right now. :p

Diane Sue - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I'm glad your headache decided to leave for your birthday. That was a long one. I hope you enjoy your day.

Lisa - Enjoy your workout. :)

Storm - You're gonna do a marathon today? Wow! Have you been training? :p

Debbie - See - EVERYBODY thinks you should compete! But then you wouldn't get to have those sugar OD days. But it's nice to get the compliments, I'm sure. Way to go!

Lora - Yes, I'd love that workout. And please don't be embarrassed. I'm embarrassed for not offering you the shipping. I have your address (at work with the thank you card still sitting there waiting to send you!) so I will send you the shipping for this one and the last one (I can't remember how much - do you rememer?) and then you can just send it when you get my check. Thank you!!!

Better go get those hills over with. Blech!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz, the marathon is a joke. A double w/o for me..
It is hard to do over an hour with working so much..

MMAX
Suats warm up 15"S
Squats-55#
Static Lunges 45# Hard I shook
Push ups knees(takin it easy yet
Flys 15's

Underhand lat rows 45# Hard on 2nd set
1 arm 25's all but last 2 failed
Leg press Green band
Pile squats 25#barbell shook really bad
LAt raise 10's
Green band on shoulders
upright row 12 then 10
Front raise 18#
Biceps 25# should have went more.
Partial reps 10
Overhead press 15
Kick backs Purple band.

Abs had to pause a little. Not all back yet.

1st actual full workout w/o major modify..
Then i did 30 on the treadmill..
Walking on an elevation..

Still not back to where i was, but slow but sure..
Rome was not built in a day..

Made some awesome cabbage rolls

Used turk burger and brown rice and diced up lots of carrots, peppers, onions, zucini and stuffed them then topped with mixture of tomato soup and diced tomatoes and sauerkraut..
Really good..
Add some fresh green beans...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hey Maniacs!!!!

The concert was so awesome last night! It was very hot and a storm came thru so we had lightning while Buckcherry rocked on!!!! Just a bonus background theme! lol. We got drenched..who cares. I thought Papa Roach was much better then Josh..sorry, Lora. Papa Roach ruled the evening...very very cool. Have to get some of their cd's. So next was Hinder. We were up close to them as I got to touch the lead singers sweaty arm. DD and friends were also and crowd surfing..made me a bit nervous though. Hinder was the band I liked the least, but they were still good. It was really cool to be up so close. Some of the drunk women were taking off their shirts. Thought that was a bit much.

So today gonna do what Debbie did yesterday in a minute. Just worked abs to cardio and weights

Hey Maniacs! Rest day for me today. Dh is slow cooking some ribs today. He's getting really good at it.:9 Will be having those later tonight.

Diane Sue- Happy Birthday to ya! Suz, started a thread in open forum just for you.:) I'm glad your headache is gone. Did the pups survive after eating dh glasses? My dog ate my once. I can't leave anything like that out!

Anne- I do work at home. You must be thinking of the other day when I went to a "continuing education workshop" for work? I attend those to keep up with all the trends and keep my skills up and stuff.:) Great job on the workout!

Suz-Happy belated Birthday to you also! Sorry I missed it, but then I had no clue.:p

Char-Sounds like you had a great time at the concert! I've been to some with the rain and lightning affects. Makes it more memorable for sure.

Lisa- HOw was your workout?

Lora- Your spinning workout sounds killer!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Finished our ride. It was hard. I always say that when I ride with DH, don't I? :) And it was windy. I always say that too. It got so windy at one point I swear we were hardly moving! There was a small storm coming in and that always makes the wind pick up even more. We went 30 miles and our average was 18.1. One hour, 45 minutes. We did the hill work at the beginning - 10 miles. DH helped me a lot and said I did so much better today. He said I'd been working way too hard on hills. We'll see if it makes a difference when I ride with a group though. It will be hard not to fall back into my old ways because I'll panic on a hill.

Our neighbor is here with his tractor trying to grade our driveway. The last few storms have made huge gullies in it. We sold our tractor because when we moved here we hardly used it (we went from 5 acres to 10 acres and used it less - go figure). Now we need it. Our driveway is a long hill and it makes it quite tricky riding a road bike with skinny tires up and down it when it gets that way.

Dallys - Enjoy those ribs. I love ribs. Haven't had them in years. Thanks for the birthday wish. My sister and I are the same age now for 2 months. :)

I have salmon on the grill. DH has a pizza from Papa Murphy's waiting to go in the oven when our neighbor is finished.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Toasty - You must have missed my posts cuz you're busy working. I LOVED Papa Roach and thought they rocked. Bought all of their CD's since the concert and am obssessed with them. Paramour Sessions (the most recent) is EXCELLENT and Getting Away with Murder is pretty good also! Loved the lead singer..........he was intense and I thought Hinder pretty much sucked after the major energy of Papa Roach and BC! Glad you liked P roach.....thought you would. Me and Deb have been Rockin' to P Roach since the concert. She downloaded a bunch of tunes after I told her I thought she'd like them. (Don't forget - Lunar Update tomorrow with Halloween Limiteds -- most likely).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.