Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday 9-17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did P90X Kenpo X while listening to my own music (DH bought me a new CD player for the room where I work out since mine broke). I added intensity by running in between exercises, and running across the room during the blocking segments and added some kicks. I also double timed some stuff. I then did Eion Finn's Pure and Simple Yoga (45 min) followed by Shiva Rea's Fluid Power - Forward Bending and Twisting segment (20 min).

Shiva does full splits in the Fluid Power DVD. I can pretty much do one on the right side maybe about a half inch off of the floor. I know if Adri is a gymnast, she can do one....but who else here can do a full split? They're pretty hard. I can't do it on my left side, as I'm not as flexible.

Debbie - Keep me posted on your running and how you adapt. I'm interested. Maybe I should try walking on it for a while first. I can't get my sciatica to quit flaring. I'm pretty sure it's being caused by Piriformis Syndrome.

Charlotte - have fun at your concert. My DH is really mad cuz he spent all day yesterday getting the house down the street ready for the open house and it's not even advertised in the paper. He's calling our realtor in a bit. He's not happy and neither am I!! How's anyone going to know about it if it's not advertised? I'm also mad cuz I see Buckcherry is coming to Vegas the after we leave. They are coming to Columbus at the end of October. I'm trying to persuade the DH to go cuz it's on a Saturday.

Have great workouts and I'll be back later.

Good morning, Lora and Fitstresses!

"Houston, we've got a problem . . ."

Yesterday went swimmingly, pardon the atrocious pun, with my aqua monster workout and my new MP3 player; I didn't realize how pokey my pace was with the Aqua Jogger without music until I did it WITH aerobics music yesterday. A whole new dimension is added when you're pounding at 140 - 158 bpm rather than, oh, say . . . 115 bpm which is the tempo I think I was at. My get-together with my friends also worked well, and we've got a standing Saturday aqua date. However, during some flutter kick drills I turned around at the wall, kicked the wall with all my might with the top of my right foot, and now have this rainbow bruise on my fourth to going up haveway into the foot. Hurts like hell, and I can't do any impact for a couple of days.

Soooo . . . instead of my nosebleed Cathe Mish-Mosh this a.m. and my traditional two hours of lifting, it's back to the pool. Ah well. I need a break from the routine anyway, and I feel like I'm in a holding pattern until the new releases come out.

Later - Lora, again good luck at the house selling. I feel for ya.

A-Jock

Hi ladies, missed everyone yesterday. I was buisy at work and having a really crabby day.Grandson was making me nuts. He won't eat anything good. He says no dinner. Only wants junk and the DH gives in . I was in a bad mood. I told him to hand him an insulin needle.
Laura,
I used to be able to do a split, but i don't stretch enough anymore.
Was work better yesterday?

Deb, good luck on the running. It pounds my knees . I would rather walk fast on a 12 incline and pump the heart that way. Then my shins hurt, so i kinds stay away from running.
I am holding on the total body program for a few weeks. I need to get a smith machine.Going looking today..May bring one home...

Arm is getting better. It feels like i banged my funny bone.
I did chest and tri's last night and stayed on 15's so i didn't hurt it more and feel fine today.
Going for back bi's and shoulders and abs later, some treadmill.

Char , how was the concert? There was a big one at Nemacolin this weekend. Black eyed peas were playing and the Local Povertyneck Hillbillies. Everyone was going. I have no life.

Diane Sue, Thanks. I am going for it in Jan.Doing it for me.

New windshield is going in Tues.I will be able to see at night. I have to pay for it. I am jacked. Oh well, Lemon law atourneys are working on it with me. I guess i have a case.Hopefully i will eventually get refunded.
Am i done blabbing???
More coffee and to the basement.
Hi, Adri, and Maeg and anyone i missed.

A-Jock... I feel for you... Heal fast.

Great w/o's today ladies.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina}( }(

Good Morning Maniacs!!!
Today at the gym is bicepts, tricpes, and abs. No cardio today. I'll post my brakedown later when I do it.

Lora- Yea I can do a full spit on my right leg but not on my left. I'm kinda like you. My right leg is really good, but my left sux x( Can you do a staddle spit or 'middle split"? Those are alittle easier cuz you don't haveta keep your hips square. I almost have a full on that. Just like a half inch on the ground. I'll take some pics of em. Pretty good though if you almost have a full. Keep it up you maniac}:)+

Annette- LOL:+ I know how you feel. Sometimes aerobics music kinda sux x( sometimes.

Anne- Hope you day is better today:) Glad to see you back!

Hi to Charlotte, Debbie, Diane Sue, Shelia, Suz, Marietta, and everyone else!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri - No ....I can't do a straddle split, only split on the right side. When I was in my teen's (eons ago), I used to be able to do a split all the way to the floor. You really need to work at flexibility when you're my age (47). I've never been a particularly flexible person anyway, but I've come a long way since practicing yoga over the years. I love the stretch that an hour long yoga practice gives me. As I said before, the 10-15 minutes stretch segments don't even feel like a stretch to me any more.

Lora- Yea your right. Thats why I don't own Stretch Max. I did it a few times on Fit TV but would never really wanna own it (unless someone gave it to me for free;-)) I enjoy 45-60 minute yoga routines with really nice music. I try to do it aobut 2-3 times a week but with my busy schedule its hard. I can't even IMAGINE how your schedule should be}(}( Well, I always heard (and kinda believe) thats its way easier to get flexible when your a young child and your muscles aren't fully grown yet. Thats how I became pretty flexible but I just hate my left leg}( Anyway, I think thats great you have a good right leg. Keep it up Lora!! Its great to be flexible when an adult. Good job maniac}(

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Adri - Do you have any of Shiva Rea's DVD's? Yoga Shakti has a lot of footage on it and breathtaking scenery and music. It's shot in the Maldive Islands and she's on a sand bar in the ocean. You can get it at CD Universe for a reasonable price. It has a yoga matrix so you can select any sections you want. Same with the Fluid Power one I just got. I really like it also, but it's not available thru anyone but AcaciaCatalog.com yet.

Good Morning everyone!

Yesterday was a rest day for me. Today is Yoga X. It's recovery week for me with P90X. My eating has not bad, but has not been the best either. So, I'm really going to clean it up from here on out. :)

Hope everyone has a great day! Weekend is almost over! :( I'll try to check back later.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

This morning I did another full body workout. One more to go after this and my 8 week program is complete. This workout was 3 sets/8 reps/60 second rest done in Super Set style:

SS #1
Close-Grip Overhand Pull-ups - 5/4/4
Squats - 95#

SS #2
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 95#/95#/85# (only got 7 reps on 3rd set)
Arnold Shoulder Press - 22#/20#-7 reps/20#-5 reps (these killed today)

SS #3
Hamstring Curls - 50#
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 50# (only got 7 reps out for 3rd set)
Total calories burned: 128 Total time: 35 min.

Then I got on my treadmill for about 25 min., fast walked 1:12 miles. Total calorie burn for entire workout was 299 and I was in my zone for 37 minutes.

I ate so bad yesterday and could tell this morning. I was really struggling today and just felt crappy. I hate when I eat bad, its just stupid.

My grandma died on Thursday, she was 100 years old and 7 months to the day. Her wake is today and the funeral is tomorrow.

A-Jock - sorry to hear about your bruise. OUCH!! Take it easy, you're such the MANIAC!

Anne - I'll let you know. So far my knees have been ok, they bother me when I do a lot of step but the treadmill hasn't effected it yet. I'm loving my treadmill!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Afternoon Maniacs!!!

Lora- No I don't have any of the Shiva Rea's DVDs. I only have 1 55 minute yoga video by Ali McGraw. I also sometimes do the 30 minute Namaste Yoga workout on Fit TV. Its pretty cool. the scenery is beautiful and I love the savasana at the end. Those are soo relaxing:) I'll have ta check out some of those yoga DVDs your talking about. I'm also ganna check out the abripperx too. Thanks:)

Dallys- Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesturday! Hope you enjoyed your yoga today. And clean up your eating missy}:)+

Debbie- First of all I wanna say great workout maniac}(!! And one question for you on one of the exericses you did. What is the Arnold Shoulder Press? I've heard of it before but don't really know what it is. Thanks:) And now, Debbie, I'm soooooo sorry to hear about your grandma;( ;( How come you didn't tell us sooner? It might have made you feel alittle better. My heart goes out to you. I hope your doin ok:) Take care

have a great sunday maniacs!!!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Deb- sorry to hear about your grandma. Great WO..... LOL!

I just did Imax 2, cardio from BC, core from BC, abs from ME and C&W. Then I tacked on my shoulder work.
3 sets of 10
seated overhead press 10,10,8
seated side lateral raise 10,8,8
upright row 15,15,10
front raise 8,8,5
rear delt flys 10,10,8

Kinda having a sh*tty day (other then the WO of course), so I am going to hit the showers, and then do personals later. Sorry.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Damn Meaghan, GREAT workout! Holy moly you MANIAC! Great going. Sorry you are having a bad day. Hope it gets better.

Thanks about my grandma. She is at peace now, its been a long haul for her. The worst things about these funerals is my mom and dad being in the same room together. They divorced over 18 years ago and my dad moved away. My mom was more in my dad's family then he was so she is included in all this stuff. Its really hard for me to see them together yet not together. I doubt I'll ever get over it. :(

Good afternoon,
I did not post anymore yesterday. By evening I had some stomach bug. At first I was worried it was the bag of spinach I ate this week. It is better today though. Yesterday morning I did Amy Bento Step & Pump w/up and cardio, I Max 3 cardio, then Tough Core, 2 sets each of 15# med ball hanging knee raise, 12 reps, 40# barbell rollouts on toes 20 reps, 100# Bowflex resisted crunches 50 reps, 50# Bowflex risisted oblique twists 50 reps ea. side, then ended with the Core and stretch off of Step & Pump. Today I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill before church. I am not sure if I will do anything else this evening or not. My internet was down this afternoon due to storms. Boy do I miss getting on the computer when it is down:)

Annette, Ouch, sorry about the foot. That sounds like it would hurt.

Anne, good luck. Glad you are getting your new windshield installed soon.

Dallys, enjoy your yoga.

Debbie, so sorry to hear your Grandma died. She lived a really long life. Great workout as usual. So now onto a Pyramid rotation:)

Meaghan, I hope your day improves.

Suz, I have found eating pretty clean helps the headaches. Mostly they come on when I am eating out a lot or buying packaged meals. I try to cook fresh or frozen veggies and eat lots of salads. It is better I think when I make my own dressings but I get lazy and buy them a lot. I grill meats and have large servings of veggies most meals or throw the meat in the salad. To many wheat products seem to make me not feel well. Not sure on that one. Nuts are the same way. A few are ok but large amounts will cause me to get a headache.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue

http://wd.1ww.us

First off so sorry about grandma Deb-100 gosh the stories she could tell I am sure were interesting.Big hugs.

Today was my 3-5 rep except where noted
bicep curl 90-3-3
lying tricep 90-6-4 (time to up wt)
shoulderpress 90-4-4
1 arm row 60-6-4 (time to up wt)
pushups 40lb wt vest -7-7
squats 110-8
piles 110-10
lunges 110-9
dlifts 110-7
leg press 110-4
calves 110-15
need to up wt on legs but 110 is the most I have lifted over my head so far.So I will probaly have to just had another set per exercise.except leg press those were tuff I thought my fanny lifter might break.Oh I wish I had a smith
x(
Also did tj standing abs
yesterday was yoga for 6min and abs for 30 min.

Hey Maniacs!!!
Just got home from the gym. I did biceps, triceps, and abs. I did 90 sec rest inbetween sets. Heres the brakedown:

BICEPS:
Slow Barbell Curls (like a 3-2 count) 4 sets 10 reps 30# (killer when doin it slow}()
Bicep Curls on cable- 3 sets 8 reps 55#
Hammer Curls- 2 sets 10 reps 15# each
Don't know what this exercise is called but its when you hold on to 2 small handels using the cables, and you curl in and out. Its kinda like the pose bodybuilders do to show off there bi's. Did 2 sets 8 reps 27.5#
Seated Bicep Machine- 1 set 6 reps 35#

TRICEPS:
Overhead DB Slow Extensions (like a 2-3 count) 3 sets 8 reps 30#
1 Armed Overhead DB Extension- 1 set each side 8 reps 15# each
Dips- 2 sets 25 reps w/ a 35# plate (second set did it w/ a 25# plate)
Cable Bar Push Down- 3 sets 8 reps 90#
Arm Extension Machine- 2 sets 8 reps 45#

ABS:
Abdominal Crunch Machine- 3 sets 15 reps 90#
Abdominal Machine- 3 sets 15 reps 80# (went up from 77.5!)
Ab Board Inverted Sit-Ups- 1 set of 100 (skipped the twists today)
Cable Oblique Cruches- 1 set each side 25 reps 80#
Abs from C&W

Shelia and Maeghan- You both had awsome workouts your maniacs!!!

Debbie- thanks for the link. So you bring the wieghts in front of you then press em up. Ok thanks:) Hope your doin well:)

Diane Sue- Great workout too! Your makin me jealous with the Bowflex exercises. I really want one}:)D

Hi to Charlotte, Anne, Annette, Suz, Marietta, Lora, and everyone else! Have a great night!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Just a quick hello everybody!It was only 25 degrees this morning when I woke up, so no outside ride. :( We're going to wait until Tuesday and see if it warms up. It's all basement for me. I'm thankful for my awesome workout room though.

Lora - good luck on selling the house!

Annette - I never thought I'd enjoy my standing rides with my friends, but I really do now. I used to be a "loner" when working out. Hope your foot feels better.

Anne - I hope your attorneys can help you. That sucks!

Adri - You have so much discipline at your age. Good for you! You will do well in life.

Dallys - I'm with you - I'm so sad the weekend is almost over. They go so fast. :(

Debbie - I'm so sorry about your grandma. Wow - 100 years and 7 months? That's amazing. You have good genes. Great workout, btw.

Maeghan - WOW - what a workout you had!

Diane Sue - I'm glad you're feeling better today. Whew! I figured eating foods in more of their natural state would probably make a difference. I need to work on that. Thanks for the info. It sounds so simple. But sometimes it's so much easier/quicker to just cook something that's ready to go. It would sure be worth less migraines though.

Shelia - I got a Smith machine at Sam's Club a few weeks ago for $450 and it's actually a whole workout station. It works really well too - even the cables are smooth. You can take a look at it on my Picture Trail. I LOVE it. I was like you and couldn't really lift any more over my head.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz- I hope you get your ride in Tuesday! I love your basement too!

DS- so glad you are feeling better. Great WO! And thanks.

Deb- thanks! SOrry about your parents too. That must be difficult.

Lora- how did it go with the realtor? Good luck, and don't stress too much over it being Monday tomorrow OK!

Anne- glad your arm is better. Good luck getting your grandson to eat better.

Annette- I sure hope your foot feels better fast!

Dallys- enjoy your yoga lady!

Sheila- you really are a maniac! That is an awesome weight load!

Charlotte- where are you today? Oh duh!! How was the concert?? Hope you all had fun!

Adri-hope you have a good day in school tomorrow.

Thanks guys! I am feeling a little better. Hope to have a good rest tonight. Chase starts pre-k tomorrow, so hopefully that will fun!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.