Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday, 10-22

WOW, can't believe I'm up this early on a Sunday and starting this thread. But, I have early church and teaching Sunday School today, so I need to get my lesson figured out. ;-)

Today I have on schedule to do Step Blast and some ab work, haven't done that one in a while so I'm very excited. IF I have any energy left I'm going to throw in Rumor Has It and hop on the elliptical. We just got it from NetFlix the other day and I know I'm probably the only one that will want to watch it so it'll be a good one for mindless elliptical work. ;-)

After church I'm going to get a few groceries, have friends coming over to watch the Vikings game (Go VIKES!) and I need to figure out what to feed them. I need to be good because............only 75 to MEXICO.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Marcia.

This morning I did Amy Staehle's Kicbox Challenge for about 55 minutes. I added plyos, hops and jumps to it to make it more intense. I then did Cathe's ab work from Kick/Punch and Crunch and was flying all over the living room during the pikes....had to pause the tape and readjust a few times but I really felt it in my abs this time. I also did 50 minutes of Yoga Shakti. I did Dancing Warrior 3, Standing Poses, Backbend Prep, Forward Bends and Twists, Supine poses, inversions and Shavasana.

Have a great day everyone and I'll be back later.

Charlotte - I had to contact Tedwin about something and he informed me my T&T orders will be getting packed up this weekend. Yay!

Welcome to the newcomers.

Good Morning,
Today will probably be another rest day for me unless I can find the time to do the ab work I missed yesterday. I am off to church this am and then have a baby shower to go to with my daughters this afternoon. I haven't taken two days off from working out in a row like this in awhile. I should be ready to go tomorrow. I will try to check back later.

Marcia, enjoy your game this evening.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Well, Lora has kicked butt today so far and i am deciding what i am going to do.
Is it the treadmill or Rhythmec step????
Brain function requirement or not.
Do i have a brain today?

I feel better today, but, now have the never ending runny nose.
WHEW!!!!!
It is going around.At least i didn't have to call for an antibiotic.

Everyone get down and give me 20 , we need to start preparing for Drill MAx. I am dying for the clips on butts and guts....If the name is an indication this time.

Diane Sue enjoy your rest day.

Amy, I am hoping to be back full force this week .

Char;::::lotte, where are you?
Marcia, have a fun day , think Mexice.

Deb, what is up today? Inspire me...

Marietta, been buisy?

And everone else have a great day...
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I rested and today I will do upperbody and work abs. Dh is suppose to be working his abs with me again.

Meg,

Yeah, I have tried the Adkins Advantage protein shakes. Don't really care for them as they make me feel alittle sick. Too syrupy or something. Dh use to drink them all the time.

Lora,

Glad your trick or treats are finially coming to you. Let me know how you like the way they smell. Love KPC. Sounds like you had fun on that BALL! Only one this time! ha!!!

Diane Sue,

Have a nice day. Sounds like fun. The rest will do you good.

Marcia,

So 75 days to Mexico??? Where about's in Mexico? Really must go back. Enjoy the game! Hubby is a big Steeler's fan.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte- I haven't tried one yet, but I thought if I didn't like them, I would throw them in the blender with some ice and try to make a smoothy or something. I hope I like them so I didn't waste the money.

Anne- I have the runny nose too! Glad to see you "back" today.

Lora- I loved doing my yoga the other night. i haven't done it in so long, but it felt great, so I want to get some more yoga stuff.

Marcia- have a a great time with your friends today!

DS- I am sure you will be right on target tomorrow after a good rest. Have fun at the shower.

Not sure what to do yet. My legs are a bit sore, a bit of Doms, but I think they need a rest. I might do PUB and extra abs. I am wanting cardio too though. What to do, what to do. i will see how they feel later.
I had whole grain pancakes with raspberrys and blueberries, low cal, sugar free syrup, and some scrambled eggs for breakfast. i am stuffed, so gotta wait for some digestion first LOL!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Hi ladies -

I just popped in to say that the Tom Holland Total Body workout kicked my butt the other day. I still have DOMS from Friday's workout. Isn't funny how sometimes when you're lifting...your really strong and thinking this is not even a workout (while your doing it) and then you get the DOMS to prove you had a kick butt session? I love that. I may do that one again tomorrow. I don't really like looking at him much....but I put on my own music and just follow him so it's all good!

I'm PMSing and feel a shopping binge coming on. I bought Ravi & Ana's Dancing Through the Chakras Kundalini yoga set this morning and I think I'm going to buy Gin Miller's new Interval aerobic tape and Philip Gray's Burn Baby Burn. Maybe another yoga DVD from Fitness Organica also. My poor credit card!

I'm contemplating doing a few easier days of functional fitness tomorrow and Wednesday in anticipation of my new Cathe's and Barry's Bootcamp. I'm really anxious to see what the music is going to be like in both of the series. I hear Barry's is supposed to be similar to the original Tae Bo music (the good music...hip/hop, etc.).

Well, i did cardio w/ weights with really light weights. I was ok till the end then started getting sick in the tummy. So, that was it for me . At least i did something.

This is a real bummer. feel like i am pregenant and it is not possible...

I just previewed Amy Bentos all pump extreme. I may handle that one. It looks like more functional fitness and band work.May order it for some rotation change.

Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

I've decided to change my rotation up a bit, I'm going to start doing legs one day instead of with my total body workouts. I just feel like I'm not getting enough leg work with just doing three exercises a week. So I'm going to do weight lifting 4 days a week and cardio 2 days a week and see how it goes.

I was surprised to see how defined I'm getting this morning, even after my pizza binge yesterday. My chest has that line going down it without flexing now and that has never happened before. My abs are really showing as well which makes me really happy. Not sure whats going on because I'm not trying to get defined yet and I haven't really changed anything.

Todays workout was 4 sets of 18/15/12/8 reps with 1 min. rest. This is what I did:

Incline Rows: 12's/15's/20's/25's
Barbell Bench Press: 70#/80#/85#-8 reps/90#-6 reps
Lateral Raises: 12's/15's/17's/20's
Push Ups: 18/15/12/8 reps with 30 second rest
Barbell Bicep Curls: 35#/40#/45#-7 reps/50#-5 reps
Tricep Kickbacks: 5's/8's/10's/12's-10 reps

Then I did a giant of abs doing crunches on the stability ball w/12#/20 reps, 50 bike maneauvers and 15 jack knives on each side. Did this giant set twice.

Entire workout was 1 hr. 5 min. I was in my zone for 37 minutes and burned 287 calories.

Hope you all have a great workout!

Debbie,

Really good workout. I am still in awe. How in the heck do you do lateral raises with 20's?? You are getting so strong!!!!

It makes sense to me what is happening to your body...the changes you are noticing. Your lifting so heavy now and so you are building as well as burning at the same time. Sounds like your body is responding well to your routine. Happy for ya.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! I FINALLY did Core Synergistics yesterday. I only missed 2 days of the rotation last week. I missed Yoga X and Stretch X, so I don't feel so bad. Today is the beginning of my Phase 3. In the doubles it calls for 4 extra cardio sessions a week. They decribe it as "Hell week". Only it's 4 weeks of Hell!! Should be interesting!}( I'm hoping I can do it with the extra cardio. I'll have to really buckle down. Yikes!

I've been cooking up a storm today. I made "Pumkin Pancakes" for breakfast and I have "squash and black bean chili" cooking right now. I also cook some "Skatchewan(sp?)string beans". DH threw in a turkey roast. We are set for the week!

Hey to everyone!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Thanks Charlotte - my shoulders are burning right now - still! I hope I didn't over do it, they are kind of hurting but I'm hoping its DOMS and not pain, can't tell yet. My bi's and forearms are hurting too. Yay!!! :)

Hello Ladies!

Had a few minutes so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. I just finished Imax 2 and need to hop in the shower. I get soaked with that one. My heart rate is in the 194 range during the second half intervals. But I figure what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. :) Now I can't wait to hop back in our new hot tub later on. I'm going to make shrimp stir fry for dinner. I gained about FOUR pounds after cycling season ended even though I'm still working out all the time. Just going from an hour and a half rides 4-6 times a week to an hour of cardio 3 times a week I guess. I expected it though. I've dropped a couple already. I just had to clean up my eating a little bit more which I had planned on doing after returning from my Dad's anyway. Gotta get ready for Mexico in February! Also, with our hot tub, DH has invited a few different people over (nothing official yet), so THAT will keep me motivated. :p

Marcia - where in Mexico are you going? We usually go to Playa del Carmen but have talked about staying in Tulum this time. OR, possibly going to Belize. Of course we've also talked about not going at all next year, but we'll see. I think by February I'll be ready for somewhere warm.

Lora - I like to tell DH whenever you buy new workouts. Makes me seem ever so mild. Hehehe. But it's a good addiction for you to have! Much better than the alternative, right?

Dallys - have you tried any recipes from Vegan Planet yet? I see that you got it? I need to sit down with my 3 new cookbooks and try to make one new recipe a week. That would be fun. I've been shopping at Whole Foods more. I just got this tomato and roasted red bell pepper soup that looked yummy. I'm still eating chicken and fish. My friend calls me a chickenarian instead of a vegetarian. Funny!

Charlotte, Diane Sue, Debbie, Meg, Anne and anyone else I missed - you girls are really tearin' it up with the workouts! As always you keep me motivated!

Later gators!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

WOW - I'm cooked in a good way!!!}( :7 }( :7 Just finished Legs and Glutes, abs from PS Back and Bi's and Cardio Coach #3 (about 38 minutes). I ended up switching tomorrow's workout today and vice versa, because tomorrow I am teaching step so that will suffice for Step Blast that I was originally going to do today. I'm sure I will have DOMS tomorrow.

Suz: We ARE going to Playa del Carmen!!! What do you recommend I do, go, shop, etc??? Any tips or hints? This is my first time there and to Mexico for that matter. I'm very excited!!! :7 :7

I'll be back! Marcia.

Marcia,

I bought two tops down there in Playa del Carmen. Some retro clothing shop off the main drag. Can't remember the exact name, but I think it had retro in it. Very interesting place. They drive crazy there. Lots of shops to buy pancho's, rugs, alcohol, flags, jewelry, etc. I hear they like it when you bargain with them.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! Just finished Chest and Back X and Cardio X and Ab ripper X. Feeling pretty good. It's hot tub and protein shake time!

Suz, we just got a new hot tub, also. I love it. My new habit is, as I said above, getting in after a workout with my protein shake. It also keeps me motitated with the "being in a swim suit" and all that.
All those recipes I made this morning are from the Vegan Planet book. Every one of them turned out delishous! I don't think I could ever be a real vegetarian, but it's nice to have the alternatives. I like the chickenarian name. LOL!

Gotta go to a party later, I know there is going to be LOTS of crappy good food. I'll be good, I promise.}(

Hi to everyone!!!!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I'm sooooo happy to hear those recipes are from Vegan Planet and that they turned out so good. I must try some of them. They all look wonderful. I'm just being lazy. I did make shrimp stir fry for dinner. DH loved it. I just got some veggies that I wanted in there (red and green peppers, zuccini squash, snap peas and onions) and then I looked at one of the new books I got (can't remember the name) and made a little sauce for it - really simple. Then I put it over rice - mostly for DH and just about a tablespoon for me. He's even going to eat the leftovers for dinner tomorrow night. Yipeee. I really want to make some good vegetarian-type dishes. Even though shrimp isn't a veggie. :) LOVE the idea of a protein shake in the hot tub. Don't you just love it?

Marcia - wow, how funny! We usually rent a house with some other couples in Playacar. You can see some pics on my picture trail albums. It's right at the edge of the town so we walk there all the time. Everything happens on 5th Avenue. There are tons of restaurants, shops, bars, etc. You should also go to Tulum and see the ruins. Where are you staying? We rent cars when we go. And Charlotte's right - people drive like crazy. We got rear ended a couple of years ago by a taxi! DH was driving. I would not want to drive there. There's also a beach that is in the direction of Tulum (maybe south? I'm so bad at directions) and it's called La Playa. We usually go there once or twice. They have chairs and palapas and a little restaurant and a little bit of snorkeling opportunities. There is also a guy who teaches kite boarding and people rent jet skis. They'll bring you drinks on the beach. I think they started charging for the palapas. In fact, I think they started charging to get into the beach but I don't think it's much. But it's kinda fun and nice for a change. There's a bar in town (but not on 5th) and it is a cave bar. It's underground and all cave-like. It's really cool but super pricey. But it's worth going in for a drink and seeing once. You can also take the ferry over to Cozumel. That would be cool. I don't know how much they've recovered from the hurricane b/c they were hit really hard. What kinds of things do you like to do? OH! You must go to Xel Ha Eco Park. It's AWESOME. It's about $20 per person to get in but you can do everything. Lots of cool snorkeling. Take a look http://www.cancuntravel.com/xelha.asp. Sorry so long. Hope this helps. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Oh WOW - thanks Charlotte and Suz, those are some great ideas and tips. We are really into our ATV's, parasailing (maybe ;-) ), just about anything. I just told DH about that cave bar and he was all over checking that out! DS, of course, is the ATVer of the family more than DH and I, but we love it, too.

I'm not a big barderer, but I could if it meant getting a really good deal. :7 I've heard it's a really nice and clean area??? We are staying at a condo on the beach about two blocks from 5th avenue. I can't find the name of it right now, but I'll look and see if you guys recognize it at all. :)

Thanks again, and anything you think of in the next 74 days, let me know. ;-)

Marcia.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.