Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sun Sept 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning my rotation called for Kenpo X...but I did Turbo Jam, Kick, Punch and Jam with my weighted gloves on. I redid an aerobic segment to make the entire workout with w/u & c/d 60 min. I really enjoyed this. I never did it all of the way thru (but I skipped the toning with the band at the end cuz next was 90 min yoga). I enjoyed the Caoipera at the end of this one. This was lower impact but high intensity (burned 420 calories - from w/u to c/d). I needed that cuz my sciatica won't go away. I then did 90 minutes of Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Yoga Volume 3. I skipped crowe pose due to my disc injury.

Well this week and next week are my last 2 weeks of P90X!! YAY...I don't think I'm going to be able to do Plyo X this week due to my sciatica. I can't get it to go away at all. I may have to opt for lower impact aerobics for a week or so and that's going to kill me.

The Covenant was just okay. It got exciting at the end, but it was a bit slow moving and not as good as I anticipated.

Have great workouts or rest. I'll be back later.

Diana Sue - Do you know if there are any yoga poses that would aggravate sciatica? I don't think that's the culprit cuz I haven't even done yoga all week. I think mine is from high impact activity.

Adri - you are a little powerhouse girl!! I can't compete with you ladies cuz I work out with a disc injury and I have to be careful. I just got the okay to start lifting weights again about 7 years ago. I have increased a LOT since then, but I don't ever think I'll be able to lift as heavy as a normal person. I challenge myself but I'm smart about it. I don't want to be stupid and risk injuring myself worse and then not being able to work out at all. They already say I need surgery in a few years, but I really don't want it, so we'll see. That's so good that you're so young and athletic! I want a Bowflex some day so I don't need a spotter and can push harder....but I'm not sure there's room in our house for one.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!
Todays W/O is legs and abs. No cardio today. I'll be going to the gym later. I may do segement 2 and 3 Core Max in a few cuz it will be on Fit TV:+ I'll post my W/O brakedown later when I do it.

Lora- OMG you burned 420 calories doing your W/O this morning!!!
}( }( }( Geeez I wanna W/O with you sometime:7 I hope your disc injury gets better:) The Bowflex is a great machine!!! I wanted one sooo bad but when I got my gym membership I really didn't need one since I'm at the gym in like all my spare time. But its a great (and huge;-)) machine. Well, hope you enjoy your last 2 weeks of P9OX!!! Enjoy it while it lasts}(

TO EVERYONE- I don't know if any of you read it last night but I'll post it here again just in case. I posted it kinda late.

I have a great idea!!! Since my cam is broken right now, I may just borrow my aunts. Its the same one and everything. Then I should get some pics in by next week

Charlotte- If I showed you my pics would you believe me then?? Maybe I'll take some pics of me BB bench pressen 90#

That was the copy of it. I think it will work. At least I'll be able to show you guys my pics so you'll believe me}:)+

Hope you all have killer W/O}(
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

This morning I did a mish-mosh of cardio. I started off with Step, Jump & Pump and did the step sections and the first hi/lo section. Then I did the Step Challenge of Step Blast (love that!) and then I did the hi/lo #4 of SJ&P. I cooled down a bit and then did the abs from SJ&P. I was in my zone for 41 minutes and burned 302 calories.

My calorie burns are really starting to piss me off. It seems I really push myself and work hard and sweat like crazy just to get these measely calorie burns. When I did my full body workout yesterday I was in my zone for 30 minutes and burned 292 calories. Now how is that possible? It just irritates me. I may do a walk test with my HR monitor to reset it. Maybe its not set correctly for some reason?

Adri - I read Charlotte's post last night and I feel the same as she does. I'd like to see some pics. I don't want you to feel like we are picking on you, it just seems a bit hard to believe that you are throwing around that kind of weight. You have to understand that we've been doing this kind of training for years. I, for one, have been working out since I was in my early 20's. I am now 40 and have just recently gotten to where I can do a 90# bench. Also, I've been working on chinups all summer and have just recently gotten to 8 straight reps. You posted that you are doing 12 wide grip pullups. I just don't believe it. WG pullups are the most difficult exercise for women and I know a lot of bodybuilders and they can't even do 12 of them. I don't know, like I said, we (or I) don't want to hurt your feelings, its just a little hard to believe.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning, ladies! I cut my aqua workout short yesterday; I was bored and lonely. Until about a month and a half ago, I taught an aqua class on Saturday mornings, all fun and splashing and kicking butt; that ended and I am now solo, which isn't nearly as fun. However, yesterday afternoon I conquered my new totally submersible, waterproof MP3 player and will spend this afternoon loading it up with my favorite kick-butt aerobics music tracks, so having to endure a music-free workout will become a thing of the past. Also, a former participant and true friend called me, and we'll probably be buddying up next Saturday.

This a.m. I did my patented Interval Max Enhanced version 2.6: Interval Max with extended blasts and omitting recoveries; IM2 blasts 1, 2, 5, 4, 10 and 9 (in that order), and Boot Camp cardio only premix. Then about two hours of heavy legs, abs and heavy upper body. I feel muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better now.

I've decided that, no matter what land cardio is on the sked, I'm going to stick either the I-max 2 blast #9 or I-Max 3 blast #5 (the Plie Jack barn-burners) onto the end of the session. Those darn things are too good for me!

Have a great workout day, people!

A-Jock

No Debbie, I can only do 8-9 widegrips not 12. That would kill me. I can do about 12 closegrips though. And Debbie the only reason why I can BB bench press about 90# is because I use the Smith Machine. That machine has a 45# bb attached to it and you just unlatch it and squat, bench press, or whatever. Then when your done you just latch it back. The bar is always connected. On a regualar bb bench press I can only do 65# I know its hard to believe but trust me I'll show you some pics probally next week. I am not lying at all, but I know it sounds hard to believe. I don't lie. But I WILL show some pics. I take some at the gym or whatever. Sorry this is so long. I'll use my aunts cam. I just really want you guys to believe me.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Just got back from a 25 mile bike ride and my son went with me. We had a blast! I figured out another route that was safe and off main roads, and it was a nice ride. Not too many straight up hills, but enough here and there to challenge us, but not kill us so we could keep it going strong. My son wants me make him 3 hamburgers on the grill now! lol. So I need to start cookin'!

Adri,

I can't wait to see pictures of you.

Lora,

Your smart with your workouts. Do what feels right for you..ALWAYS!

A Jock,

Great workout!

Debbie,

Stop being so hard on yourself! I read your workouts and always amazed.

Charlotte~~

AJock - you are a blast MANIAC!! Great workout. Too cool on a waterproof MP3 player, didn't know they made those. I love mine, but I know it won't work under water!

Charlotte - great bike ride! You go girl!

Adri - I will patiently await pics. :) I need to take some updated ones of me as well, but my camera sucks!

Annette - I'm mad cuz my sciatica seems to act up from high impact any more!! I don't know what I'm going to do if this continues.

Well....off to the movies again. We're going to see Hollywoodland. I'll be back later.

Charlotte - I sent you an email with a question.

Hi Maniacs, Today was Chest and Back X. Had a killer workout. My arms are shaking. :) I used the Green Band as an assist on pull-ups. You slide both handles on to the bar and rest one shin with bended knee in the loop. It was alot tougher than a foot assist. I still need to do ARX. :eek:

P90X Chest and Back

*Standard Push-ups
Round 1-20 Full 30 Total
Round 2-15 F 20 T
*Wide front pull-ups
Round 1-9 Band assist
Round 2-10 Pull downs 80 lbs.
*Military push-ups
Round 1-12 F 20 T
Round 2-15 F 20 T
*Reverse Grip-chin-ups
Round 1-9 Band assist
Round 2-12 Pulldowns 80 lbs.
*Wide Fly Push-ups
Round 1-10 F 20 T
Round 2-15 F 20 T
*Closed Grip overhand pull-ups
Round 1-8 Band assist
Round 2-10 Pulldowns 80 lbs.
*Decline push-ups
Round 1-16
Round 2-15
*Heavy Pants (2 arm rows)
Round 1-15/25
Round 2-15/25
*Diamond push-ups
Round 1-15 F 20 T
Round 2-15 F 20 T
*Lawnmowers (one arm row)
Round 1-15/25
Round 2-15/25
*Dive-bombers push-ups
Round 1-15 F
Round 2-15 F
*Back Flys
Round 1-15/12
Round 2-20/12

Great workouts everyone. You are rockin!!!}(

Added Pics! :+

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Well Debbie.
I started the program today.Thanks for the help. I think i figured it out. I was reading too much into it.
I cannot throw 75 lbs up with out a machine to save me or a spotter. I did 65 and that was it.The most i could handle w/ free weights. I don't want to hurt the back. I really was sweating bad doing just the 8 reps. Wew... Then i did 18 min abs from ab hits and jumped on the treadmill w/ 12 decline for 20.
Enough for today....
Oh, dad is doing good. Chest tube out. He gets tired quick, but we walked him down the hall.Nice 2 hr. visit.

When i 1st saw lawn mowers, it was what???is that???
Have a nice night.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good evening all.
Today was super heavy done to pyramid combo 3-5 reps -except on legs I did 2 sets of upper body(per part then ff to next exercise)and one set for lower per exercise with the exception of squats/piles which I did 2 sets.I went medium wt for legs today and not my normal heavy wt.pyramid abs and 6 min of yoga.
squats 74-12-10
piles 74 -12-10
cpress 120-4-3
seated row (bow flex high as wt will go need to get more rods)210 9-6 ss with shrugs 110-9-7
leg press 74-7
lunges 74-13
overhead shoulder 90-5
upright row 70-4
skipped leg press
calves 74-20
lying tricep 90-5-4
bicep 90-3-2 (down 1 rep I normally do them first)

Adri-I know my son who is 14 can do 95lbs on the smith machine( I am assuming that is what it is because the way he described it) but can only lift 40lbs max total at home so I know machine wt is alot different than free wts.I also need to post pictures but am a computer dummy.When I started 13 years ago 5lbs was heavy I really worked over the years to push it and have done it.I just pray your form is good my sons is horrible I am always correcting it-he also doesn't want to do full range of motion-drives me nuts.you keep at it girl.
Debbie-don't rely on that thing so much you know if you have pushed yourself or not.Mine use to rule me(I can be anal about somethings) to I hardly ever wear it only once in awhile to gage the cal range of diff workouts.I always burn more during a heavy wt workout vs cardio.

all the workouts look great see ya guys tomorrow.

Good evening,
It has been a busy day for me. I did not take the day off completely today. I did the cardio compound premix off of Cardio & Weights. I did not do the abs though since I did them last night. Depending on what I can accomplish I will take a day off during the week. I was going to do some weights this evening but have things to do and I really don't think I have it in me anyway.

Lora, I really don't know what to tell you about yoga and your sciatica. I have read that you should avoid twisting and bouncing moves. All in all I think exercise is supposed to be good. Also I have read some about yoga injuries and most are from trying to go beyond your limitations. There should be no pain when doing it.

Dallys, your gym is realy nice. It looks like you have a lot of equipment. You got in some good work there. Those pullups you were doing had to be tough, good job. When I did P90X I just used the lat tower on my Bowflex and did pulldowns.

Annette, what a tough cardio workout you have come up with.

Adri, lookin forward to seeing those pics.

Anne, I am so glad to hear that your Dad is doing well. My Step Mother is doing good too. They said it would be many months of pain though:( That is a lot for anyone to endure. But for someone older it is really tough. The doctors weren't sure if she would come through it.

Hi, to everyone
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.