Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sun Jan 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies-

This morning I did Gliding Pro's Hi/Lo & Strength Intervals with Marcus Prolo (35") and then I did Aerobic Showdown DVD Steve Schimer's segment and added a Latin segment by Robert Steinbacher to the end as a long cooldown. I then did Seasun's Abs/Core work from The Next Step and stretch. Total aerobics and abs was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 475 calories. The Gliding DVD was Hi/lo aerobics with intervals of gliding strength leg segments. I really had to add a lot of impact to this to get my HR high enough. I ran the marches and hopped and jumped most everything else. Same thing for the Dance Aerobic Showdown.....was hard to get my HR up. This will have to be saved for active recovery days. Dance aerobics never does get my HR up that high....thus the reason I rarely do it....but I guess it's perfect for Saturdays.

I also did Eion Finn's Power Yoga Volume 1...short routine for 50 minutes. Eion cracked me up with something he said. We were in this pose and he said something like "just like in life.....some things you rule at and some things you suck at". I don't know why but it cracked me up.

Well, so much for stress of a new job. I started yesterday and I'm 9 days early!!! Great. I hope I don't get all messed up again and start with those problems again that the doctor wants me to have surgery for! Now I know why I had a migraine for the past few days (and today). My sinus infection has been coming back also. I hope I don't have to get another course of antiobiotics. Darned sinuses!!! Drive me nuts.

Suz - I have had endometriosis ever since I was in my 20's. I finally had a laser laparoscopy at around 28 years old. I also have severe varicose veins in my pelvic region and I tend to get really bad cramps from those also. That's how I ended up with an ulcer in my 30's. I burned a hole in my stomach taking Motrin 800's on an empty stomach for the endometriosis pain. I guess I wasn't very bright back then! (Let's hope I am now :p .

Diane Sue - What's your opinion on my rotation? I counted the weeks and this week ended week 8 of working my legs, however, I think I did a total body workout a couple weeks out of the rotation instead of just legs....so I don't know if I should count those. Do you think I should go a couple more weeks before I change cuz of that? Also, when I do change ...should I work my legs twice a week from now on? I don't really notice a difference in them when I just look at them, but when I was gliding today and caught a glimpse of my profile in the mirror, they looked defined.....but then that is the only time they look like that....is when I'm moving and mostly from the side. Same with my upper body....I only really notice my definition when I'm moving my arm or holding something. I hate that!!

Have great days everyone. I'm off to eat breakfast and soak in my weekend tub of Lushie goodies....Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds is the bubble bar and shower gel of the day!

Good Morning, today is a rest day for me. We are going back this afternoon to look at the house we like. Our realtor is supposed to get with us today sometime since she couldn't last night. I think I need the rest day I am still sore today and am tired from lack of sleep thinking about moving etc.. I guess the mind was still on overdrive:7

Lora, if you see the slightest results it is working. It takes me much longer to notice leg definition. You have changed up the workouts a lot which is good. If you go to two days I would try to make one of those a heavier day and one a lighter more endurance day. BTW what happened to that Villinaise site. I went there to order some soap and shower gel the other day and everything was out of stock. I ended up at the Body Shop. I like the eyeliner sealer and shadows I got from Aromaleigh. I spent hours last night reading their forums. Have you tried their foundation products?

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Randi, good workout:) We must have posted at the same time.

Lora, did you buy other gliding disc workouts? I saw a yoga, pilates one that looked interesting. Also I think there was an interval one. Maybe the one you just described. The ones that came with the discs seemed pretty basic.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies...
I am finally up and moving.I am getting ready to get a good w/o in.I think PH and some cardio... I had to take a pseudafed so i can breathe. I feel alot better.I don't know what is going on with me this year. Maybe all these 60 degree days in January...Unreal...

I have 9 good days to work out here so i am going to try my darnest to make the best of it.
I am going to get my weights in then do an hour on the treadmill. I think Performance 2 .
Randi , rockin w/o. Good job girl.
Diane Sue, good luck on the house.
Char, any bites on yours yet???
I am heading to the basement. Chat later when you all wake up.
LOL...

Anne

Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good morning maniacs. Sorry for my absence and brevity in last nights post. I was busy, then not in a good mood last night. ANyway, I was sweating more in that TM run last night then ever before. i was really trying to up my steady speed. Working on that. Was rocking out to Hinder, listened to the whole CD, then had to listen to "Get Stoned" for the drive to finish the last quarter mile. That song is a great motivator.
Not sure what WO today. I would like a total body and cardio. I am going to church first with Mom and Dad. Think I will do that every Sunday now.

Lora- I really hope your *illness* issues clear up for you. I can't imagine having to live without total relief. The things you are able to do amaze me. Enjoy your bath. I was in Heaven just thinking about a bath like that!

DS- that is great about finding a house. Making it your HOME will surely be nice. Good luck selling yours.

Randi- so you are liking the heavy rotation? Good WO!

Anne- I hope you are feeling better and finally kick the bug. Have a good WO.

Morning to everyone else.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Diane Sue -

From your response re: the leg rotation, I'm thinking you think I should keep at 3 times a week? but then I would still only be working my upper body once a week. What is your suggestion? Do you think I should go a month with legs twice a week and upper twice so that I don't lose anything on the upper? I'm nervous about that. I need your opinion. Thanks for your help.

RE: Gliding DVD's. I have the following:
Gliding Gone Wild (with Mindy - the striptease one)- aerobics with abs/leg work
Gliding Beyond Basics - Mindy - segment with discs and tubing, segment that is like yoga/stretch gliding and segment with the step (mostly strength work -- not so much aerobic)
All About Abs - has 4 segments - one uses the discs - Mindy (ab work)
All About Legs - has 4 segments - one uses the discs - Mindy (leg work)
Power & Grace - Body Bar/Gliding Disc total body workout - Mindy's site and also at Amazon
I also have these from the Gliding Pro Site:
Hi/Lo Cardio & STrength Intervals with Marcus Prolo (Hi/lo aerobics and leg segments)
Ultimate Balance, Cardio & Strength (my fave) with Mindy and it uses the Bosu also (but you could use a higher step). This one is cardio segments with leg segment intervals and I like it cuz the gliding parts go faster at parts. I've yet to find a gliding workout that is supersonic fast like I like to go when I put my music on and just glide on my own.
Step & Sculpt with Gay Gasper - not sure what this one is like - haven't done it yet - but I think I previewed it and it's a functional fitness type and aerobic step workout using the discs.
Step and Strength Combos with Rob Glick - haven't done yet - but previewed it and it looks like step aerobics with leg strength sets
(Maybe you and I can contact Greg Twombly and tell him we want to make a Supersonic Gliding DVD and do a real intense gliding/aerobic workout!!)

That's all I have. I have ordered one of Mindy's new Gliding ones called Bootylicious. I'm supposed to get it in February. She has a total body interval workout that I ordered, as well as All About Arms that I ordered also.

ETA - Hi Megadoo - we posted at the same time. Thanks for your well wishes. Maybe I need to start doing my Kundalini again. I've been trying not to stress out about fitting everything in while I learn my new job though. Yes, it does suck living with this crap every day....thus the reason I get so depressed at times. I don't think I ever have a day where I actually feel good. Sad, but true (too many battle wounds from my past life). I like Hinder's CD too!

Hi Ladies
I still havent worked out yet I'm just bummin around. Today is my only day off till wed. So I'm takin it slow today:) I'm loving my S&H rotation seeing results fast! My brother comes home from Saudi arabia the 21 of this month i'm so excited! He will be able to put pics on the computer finally!
I work at Pete & Mac's a recreational resort for pets as a front desk supervisor. I don't know if you all have heard of these there is only 6 in the US 2 in Missouri 1 in Kansas 2 in Arizona 1 in colorado. My uncle's dad started these. We have doggie daycare were dogs socialize with other dogs. We board dogs, we have rooms not cages the walls are glass block walls with elevated cabana beds the floors are room temp regulated. YOu can also upgrade your dog to a suite which has a toddler bed and tv which is on the Animal Planet. We also have cat condos which are awesome and the cat room is sound proof so they dont here all the dogs barking. And we do grooming.
Its such a awesome Job!
Ok now i'm going to go workout!
BBL
Randi

Hollywood (my baby kitty) has been acting out lately! He found this bag of toys (he's not supposed to be into cuz Pandora will chew the cords off of them) and he keeps dragging the bag out and taking everything out of it. He's obssessed. He's so funny. I also have a bag of mice and he keeps opening it and digging them all out. Do you think he's having issues with Mommy going back to work?

Good morning Maniacs!!!

I have to be quick, we are heading out to mass.

I was sore yesterday and today...bottom is very sore, so are upper legs...I just love legs and back with kenpo the next day...I think there really is something to that combination as I am always sore on Saturday and sundays!!!! Family cracks up everytime I crawl up the steps on all 4's. LOVE THE PAIN!!!

ok, gotta run...bbl

Amber

Amber I am imagining this
http://www.cs.brown.edu/orgs/artemis/old/2002/Pictures2002/CIT/paperbags/sueCrawl.jpg

Had a decent w/o. I am so stuffed up i had to stop like 10 times and blow my nose. AARGH....I forgot about the high reps in PHour. I had to pause and decrease here, arms falling off...

Lora, how many workout tapes do you own???How do you decide what to do???I look at them and most days go, oh, this one.I like change, but i would be mind boggled.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning was suppose to be upper body but I'm still quite sore so I did Pyramid Lower Body instead. Had an excellent workout. This is what I did:

Leg Press: 30/40/50
Lunges: 65/75/85
Squats/Plies: 65/75/85
Skipped deadlifts and did Hamstring Curls: 40/45/50
Added Leg Extensions: 50/55/60
Calf Raises

Called it a day, I was wiped out and could not even fathom doing the floor work! I was sweating like crazy, couldn't believe it.

Workout was 1:02, was in my zone for 31 minutes and burned 229 calories.

Hi to everyone! Where's Char?

Hope you all have great workouts!

Anne- too many to count. yes, I am mind boggled.....with severe ADD! LOL. I just look and see what appeals to me ....but I have to do it the night before. Sometimes, I set out 3 cuz I can't deicide and then I see what I'm in the mood for that day. I also get on these binges....like I am with Rebecca Small and keep doing it over and over.

Diane Sue - I forgot to answer you about the Aromaleigh foundation. You might like it better than BE's. I like BE's better cuz it has a bit of luminousity to it and Aromaleigh's is matte finish. I thought since you have oily skin, you might prefer the matte. I am very dry....so I prefer the luminous glow. I usually wear the stuff over my Aromaleigh base ((lluminating minerals) to give that glow when I use their products. Aromaleigh also makes one for dry skin called Glissade that I like. I wear my BE & Aromaleigh about equal amounts. I like both of them equally. Aromaleigh is a bit cheaper.

Morning Maniacs! I'm planning on doing Butts and Guts this morning.

Lora- You say your Dr. wants you to have surgery. What makes you not want it? Just curious, seems like it would help alot of your sinus pains.

Amber-wasn't that nice of Anne to post that picture of you crawling up the stairs in pain? LOL!

Anne- ROFLMAO at the picure!

Diane Sue-Enjoy your rest day and looking at the house.

Randi-WOW! What a great job you have! Why didn't you tell all us animal lovers? LOL! I wish you had a place close to me. I have no where nice to take my dog for boarding. I'd love to take her to your place. I've seen those rooms on Animal Planet. What a fantasic idea your uncle's dad had. What fun!

Meg- Sorry you have been in this cruddy mood. Hope the rockin treadmill run helped.}(

Debbie-Was that Cathe PLB? Great workout!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Mornin'!

Today is my rest day after my double workout last night to catch up. Well, I do have to do Ab Ripper X but that's it. I actually feel like doing yoga. What's up with that. I'm not going to though. I'm already feeling sore from last night's workouts. Yay!

Lora - It's good that you keep working out through all of your ailments. I can't imagine what you would be like if you didn't. I'm sure it helps you so much!

Randi - That's an awesome workout you have planned! Oh my gosh you have the PERFECT JOB!!!!! How totally awesome!!!!! I wanna work there. Can we start one in Cheyenne? :) I can't beleive you have kept that secret from all of us animal lovers for all this time. You're so quiet. Oh, maybe that's why. You can't get a word in. :p

Diane Sue - Can you tell us about the house you like? How exciting!!!

Storm - I love PH. Are you gonna take befores and afters for us??? :) I hope you're feeling all better really soon.

Meg - Don't you just hate it when you're in a bad mood? That's nice you're going to church with your parents. :) I should have gone but I didn't. I was lazy this morning.

Debbie - Great workout. Skipped deadlifts? Smart woman! I need to remember that when I go back to Cathe. I'll have to have my weight bench loaded and ready. I don't want to get hurt.

Lora - A bag of live mice? Eeeewwww!!! :p Yes, sounds like Hollywood is missing mommy.

Amber - I hear ya. I'm already sore from doing Legs and Back AND Kenpo X all last night. I was starting to get pretty tired by the end. But it went amazingly fast. FUNNY picture Anne posted. Hopefully you aren't crawling up the steps to mass!

Dallys - All of this talk about B&G will have me ready for a Cathe rotation when I'm finished with P90X. I think though that I'll write a rotation. I like that. Keeps me on track. I'd never done a rotation before. I think I'll start working on it about a month early though b/c I know me and if I don't I won't get it done. Have fun with B&G today!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz - No---not live miceys!! He likes those little hard ones with the fur on them that you buy in the 6-12 packs! The other bag has a mouse on a string with a handle so you can dangle and play (he's an interactive kitty) and a couple various toys that hang from some sord of contraption. He's been taking the bag from it's storage area and dragging it all over the house and then he gets inside and starts digging everything out. The problem is that every time he goes and lies down....I start to put everything away (so Pandora doesn't chew the cords) and when he hears the bag and the bells on the toys...he comes running....so it's a vicious cycle. He's like a little mischevious kid! Yes, if I didn't exercise, I'm sure my pain from my injury would be making my arm weakness/numbness much more severe. That's what happens when you don't exercise and you have disc injuries.

Dallas - every time I go to a doctor, they want me to have surgery. Frankly, I've had it with doctors. My OB/Gyn wanted to do a D&C & something else (can't remember the name) cuz my periods started coming early every month. I told him no.....and asked him if I could try medication first, so he gave me progesterone to take for a couple months and I was doing fine until yesterday! I hope it doesn't start back up again. Sinus surgery is a total different situation. I have pansinusitis and every sinus cavity is full of fluid and I have polyps up into my sinuses and down my throat. I don't do well with surgery in the first place. I take a long time to heal and even had complications from my toenail surgery! Plus I can't deal with pain. Anyway, the EENT doctor says my sinus procedure isn't just the normal "roto rooter" cleaning job. I need a LOT of tissue removed and he said it is a very risky surgery. If you're not very careful when you do it, you can actually be worse after the surgery. Plus, my chances of the condition coming back are only 50%. Which means it's a gamble. Given the area in which I live, the weather is ALWAYS changing and we live in the "sinus belt". Every person I have spoken to that has had sinus surgery has said it eventually returns or they ended up in a worse state than they were prior to it. That, coupled with the fact that he says the recovery is very long (would have to be off work 6-10 weeks) and the fact that I'm claustrophobic and can't have packing in my nose (would have to have packing for 3 days straight), I absolutely refuse to have it. He said I'll continue to suffer with severe migraines and sinus infections until I have it........oh well, it beats me being more screwed up than I already am! That's the way I look at it at least. Maybe I'm not rationale??? I dunno.

I think I overdid it with the planks variations in the ab/core work ....as my shoulder is severely spasmed.

Hi all! Just finished up Butts and Guts. I hope I'm sore tomorrow. Last time I did it, I didn't get sore at all. I upped most of the weights, so we'll see.

Suz- That's funny you feel like doing Yoga. You hate Yoga don't you? LOL! Some how it grows on you without you even knowing it. Have a great rest day today. You deserve it after yesterday.

Lora- Thanks for explaining. Maybe someday they'll come up with something less complicated that will relieve you. Sounds like you are being rationale to me.:) I feel it alot in my shoulders when I do planks too. My shoulders wear out way before my core.

Well it's off to the hot tub with my protein shake.:) Then it's CostcoX and Grocery StoreMax.

Later.........
~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - Yup, I hate yoga. It is starting to grow on me. But I still think it's the "idea" of yoga, not really yoga. I hear things, like on The Dog Whisperer and he'll say "Like yoga for dogs" or someone will say something about needing to relax and go do yoga. So I keep thinking it's good for me and relaxing - until I do it. :p

Lora - I work with a guy (sort of - he works in our plant) and his name is Deloss. I called him Dallas/Dallys the other day. I said I had this friend named Dallys who I had just "talked" to, sort of. :) Couldn't really explain that one. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.