HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS SEPT 4

Happy long weekend,

Today I did TF core 20 and TF 45.

Going to go have some breakfast now, have good workouts everyone and a great holiday weekend.

Yesterday I did a Qi Gong for stress relief workout and the Soul Fuel (a blend of tai chi, pilates, and yoga). I got a nice core workout and felt very loose after I was done. Definately needed that :D Today I am not sure, I have a violin lesson this morning and we plan on de-cluttering the house (one room at a time).

Roselyn-have a great weekend yourself :D

I have taken the entire weekend off pretty much the entire summer. This morning I decided to get on my treadmill and my goals were: 1/2 hour steady state, jog 1 mile non-stop and try to at least go 1 1/2 miles.

All my goals were met and exceeded. I ended up staying on my treadmille for 55 minutes, I did the 1 mile jog at a 15 minute mile pace, and travelled 3 miles. I'm happy with this and feel great!

I know a 15 minute mile is slow, but for me it's a huge feat. I have jogged the longest at 8 minutes doing the Cardio Coach workouts. This morning I wanted to see if I could go an entire mile without having to stop. I did it and could have gone longer but my hip flexor was beginning to get tight. I slowed down to a fast pace walk and upped my incline to 4%.

Had a great workout! Listened to some great music as well.

CARDIO STATS:
55 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
11 minutes in zone
38 minutes above zone
438 calories burned
3 miles travelled

Now I'm ready for the weekend. I lost 2# this week but I know most of it was water weight from vacation eating and ttom. I'm down to 135#. Next goal is 130#. We'll see how long it takes me to get there.

Diane Sue - Yes, I did the entire STS from the beginning to the end. Had a great time!

Hermia - Yes, I consider myself a morning person. Usually even on weekends I'm up by 7:30. But when we were on vacation I was able to sleep until around 8 or 8:30 at times. So that's pretty late for me. I'm sure I was just getting use to getting up early again and like Diane said, probably the weather changing too, although it was hotter then hell here all week. It is darker in the mornings, though, which bums me out.

Have a great long weekend everyone!

Last edited:
I did a short workout this morning. I did Turbo Fire Hiit 30 250 calories 165 Max HR. Then I did Stretch 10 35 calories. Then my granddaughter and I went to se Nanny McFee Returns and had lunch. We are back at the house for a bit:)

Debbie, good job with the reaching your goal:D I am enjoying doing some of the STS workouts again. I guess I just needed a break for a bit. I don't think I am ready for a full sts rotation though.

Theresa, it seems you are getting in some interesting new stuff:D Ejoy the violin lesson and decluttering.

Roselyn, your weekend.

Debbie, great job on your treadmill workout! I wish I were a morning person, too. It would be easier since my fiance is and since I almost always work in the mornings.

Theresa, hope your decluttering is going well. I've been doing that over here too.

Today's workout was Legs and Glutes and then the second ab section (with band) from Amy's ASCIII. I modify the exercises a fair bit, though. Several of them I just need to change a tad to make them more to my liking. =)

Late to check in - had a plumbing problem. A pinhole developed in a copper pipe downstairs - quite a bit of water from such a tiny hole :confused: Not sure how long it was spewing. I learned how to solder [?] a pipe though. Also had some trouble finding the right adapter for DS, so he could hook his MP3 to his new stereo. Just a day like that. I did get in a chest, shoulders, tri workout in yesterday. DS wanted to work out, so we spent quite a bit of time doing that. I was out of steam most of yesterday and decided to call it good. Today, I did Brook Benten's Butts and Guts. As soon as DS goes to bed I'm going to run through Budokon Flow and Flexibility. I believe this one is a bit less intense than the other 2 - more pure yoga with some less complex kicking in there. I still feel pretty wiped out but think the yoga aspect will do me good (and some foam roller work afterwards).

Roselyn - You are so consistent and intense with your workouts. I hope you enjoy the long weekend too :)

Debbie - To set and then EXCEED a goal like that must have felt so great. Way to work :)

Theresa - Sounds like a good blend (the workout and the music/decluttering, today). All of it good for the soul, I think ;)

Diane Sue - Short and sweet ... your workout, and I guess your grandaughter is too :p I used to love going to movies with DS. Sounds like you're having a very good day.

Hermia - That's a good workout :) I switch things up to moves I like better sometimes (or even more often than that), too - took me awhile (when I first started doing workout's with DVD's) to REALIZE I could do that. Funny huh? As if the video patrol would show up with a citation for not following a workout verbatim ... :p Also, I saw your question from yesterday: the 'floor project' is not done. I sure tried, but there was so much prep work. Got all that done, but then DS came home before I got any further. Don't want to start the last step unless I'm sure (as one can be) there won't be any interruptions. The guys at Home Depot told me the leveler stuff sets up pretty quickly, so I can't walk away from what I've mixed mid-project. DS has kind of wanted to just hang out and do stuff. I've missed him and that's ok with me. He goes back to school on Tuesday. Hoping to finish it up this coming week. Then, really want to do something ... creative with how I paint it. That's a vague desire -- need to figure that out too, I guess.

Hi to everyone else - hope your having a good weekend.

Lori

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday. Back and biceps today (STS Meso 2, disc 16, I think). Very good workout but I'm really feeling exhausted right now. Don't know if I'll do cardio tonight or not. Budokon went well last night and foam roller helped a lot. Mostly concentrated on my bum, which has developed into a macrame' project gone bad :eek: Not an injury OR doms - just ... knots :confused: I tend to get those and really need to work with the roller more consistently. If nothing else, I'll at least do that tonight -- will wait and see how I feel.

Guess that's all for now.

Lori

Hi everyone,
just finished tonight's workout, which was LIS, upper body from body max 2, and then I did some of the exercises from the abs section of my 10 min solution "rapid results" pilates. It's the first time I've tried any of the dvd. I'm soooo glad tomorrow is Labor Day.

Lori, hope the rest of your project goes well. =)

Hermia - Great workout :) I like the selection. You got a little bit of everything in there. Thanks about the project.

Yesterday -- no evening workout. DS had a buddy over so I just cleaned and read and took SKyler for a walk. I should have been studying but have been reading this great book from Dragondoor: Convict Conditioning. I know. The title might put one off (and that's explained in the intro). It's a book on bodyweight exercises and has great info. plus some cool insights into the history of strength training and ... oh. Should reel myself in before I rewrite the book :eek: I just find SO MANY resources with much better info concerning training effectively and staying injury free than what is in my textbook (IMO). Kind of disheartening. However, I still need to buckle down and get through this - a goal for when DS Goes back to school (tomorrow :eek: ). I sequenced a 25/15 interval mix last night. I think it looks pretty good (tough). I will probably do it tomorrow and do Low Max today. Thought about Cardio Fusion or Cardio Core Circuit (cardio only). If I do one of those, I'll have to wait a couple days before I do 'my' workout (my 'rule' to space higher impact days).

Hope you are having a great Labor Day.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.