Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday Sept 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

Well, I couldn't sleep in today, as I have an early dental appt. I did about 35 minutes of Seasun's Rock Steady Step followed by the ab segment and then I did Cathe's Stretch Max on the Ball. I know I've said this before....but I'll say it again...Ever since I started back to yoga, I can't seem to get a good stretch from a regular stretch DVD. I can't wait until tomorrow so I can do my yoga, as I didn't have time this morning.

We're going to see the Covenant one day this weekend. I'm not sure which day, but I'm looking forward to it cuz it reminds me of Charmed and I loved Charmed.

Speaking of TV - does anyone here watch Nip/Tuck? That's the only other show I watch besides GH.

Have great workouts or rest days.

Charlotte - are you around today....or is hubby hogging the computer?

I'll be working on my Ebay stuff today, but I'll be back later.

Hello ladies,
Missed you guys this week.
Been buisy with dad. Stressed and worried.
Got in muscle max last night and hoping for KJP tonite, after i get home from work and the hosp.
Figured i would hit some total body w/o since i have been missing with all that is going on.At least i will get a couple good days in.

12 lbs for shoulders are great. Try the 1st set with 15 then knoc'm down. It will come.
I start out as heavy as i can and if i start quivering i drop m and go down. This has helped increase of weights for me .
Some times i wonder why am i doing this to my self? Then i say muscles, loose the fat
Char, great new pics. You are really pumpin up girl.Those Legs... WOW!!!!
Good luck with the house!!!I personally can't imagine moving.You accumulate alot of #### after 20 yrs....
I am not going anywhere unless something would ever happen to DH. The place is too big for me now with no kids at home.
I would buy me a nice Ranch with a nice room to w/o in . Brick w/ little maintenance.

Adri, hope today is better...
You ladies w/o's are rocking this week. I guess this is going to be my lighter week. Some things take a priority.

Diane Sue, 45# pull overs . You rock. I have done 40 and usually have to quit early from quivering.
I am impressed.

Well just wanted to check in to say hello.
Have great w/o's today ladies....
Anne

Good morning Lora and Anne.

Good luck at the dentist Lora, and I hope you like the movie. I was interested in seeing it too.

Anne- hope your dad is doing well. Still praying for him. I am a bit askeered to try 15# for shoulders LOL!!! I should try them for upright rows, I might surprise myself, or not LOL!!!! have a good WO.

DS-I agree, 45# for pull overs is awesome! Hope you have a good one today.

I have biceps and HIIT cardio. Have to work this morning, so it will be later.

Have a great day everyone.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday still under the weather. Feel it more in my chest this morning so I probably will be fine to workout today. When the cold is still congested in my head is when I feel worse. Gonna do the strength workout today and abs. Riding horses this morning around 10:30am. Hubby helping dad with his moving so won't be around. DD's boyfriend broke his toe so not coming. Gosh! Everyone has issues I guess.

Anne,

Well then come buy my house. It is a ranch with a workout room!!!! I tend to throw out alot of stuff as I go so when we move it shouldn't be so hard. I will start with one room at a time and clear out kitchen last. Be sad to see the smith machine come apart. :-(
Please don't worry about your dad and don't push yourself too hard if you are stressing and not getting enough sleep, that is when you do get sick. I got sick cuz dh was breathing on me one night as he was sick. Otherwise I usually don't get sick. He gets sick cuz he is always run down from all the traveling and he has allergies this time of the year and it always turns into a cold for him.

Lora,

DH is at dad's, like I said. He will be back tonight. Sunday I won't be on the computer because he will stay on 24/7. :-( Was gonna bike ride this morning cuz I feel better but better not since I will be on a horse today. May go yardsaling too. I really should you know!!!! So many deals.

Hello to all that follow.

Charlotte~~

Good morning, ladies - today is Aqua Blowout Day, where I do a bit of everything: aqua jogging with upper body focus, shallow water cardio / leg drills, flutter kick and treading water drills, and upper body drills with hand buoys and some modified resistance mitts for a little extra oomph. DH does the whole house from stem to stern on Saturday mornings, and my orders are to keep myself occupied at the club until he's done, which usually isn't until around 12:15 or so. Ah well. It sucks to be me, right?

The club where I now work out on Saturday mornings (the club where I used to teach on Saturdays was closed recently) has teenaged girls' competitive swim training every Sat. a.m. from 8:00 - 9:30, and it's always inspiring (not to mention humbling) to be so close to those "flying fish". I really envy them - I was very unathletic at their age.

Have a great day!

A-Jock

Maeghan you can do it. Just chage up if you need to.
You'll never know till you try.
I have really been trying with the biceps. I go heavy and drop m.
It will come together.

Charlotte, it will be a long drive to work...HEHE...
I said if something happens to the DH. God i hope not. I hate to clean. He does it.

I am just worrying about dad stroking.If he goes a week, chances are he is going to be ok. They have him in a room already and have been exercising his arms and legs.His eyes were hurting. The sugar is off and his glaucoma is acting up.
I can't imagine having my chest cut open, and i am going to have face work and get some boobs,,,, haha.He thinks i am nuts...

Annette, you could do it. My daughter is a really good swimmer. I am not. I can't keep the water from going up my nose with out a plug.Could never figure it out.

Take care ladies....
Gotta get to work.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hi Everyone - Just getting ready to go to the dentist now.

Charlotte - did you ever remember your password? for BPAL?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!
I just got back from my run this morning. It was BEAUTIFUL out here today!! I really enjoyed my run. I did a 4.5 almost 5 miles but I don't wanna run too much. Today at the gym, my w/o is chest, back, abs, and my run was my cardio. I'll post the brakedown later when I do it.

Lora- Have you tried using a hard tension stretch band when you do a stretch that uses the band? Just asking cuz maybe if you used a harder one it might stretch you out better. By the way I think thats a good sign that regualar stretch DVDs aren't stretching you out good anymore. I bet that means your getting more flexible and you need like an "Adanced Stretch" DVD:p Good job girl;-)

Anne- Glad to see you here again! I hope the stress and everything goes away:) Good luck tonight:)

Charlotte- I hope the moving goes well for you and hope you get better. have you tried any special medicine or something?Just be careful with your w/o today and try not to push it. Yea I'm starting to sound like a mom now}(

Maeghan- Have a great w/o later Maeghan!! Your rock girl;-)

Annette- That sounds like a great w/o you have planned! Wow you come up w/ pretty cool ones;-)

Have a great day ladies!!! Will check back later

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Diane Sue- Ir ead your post from yesturday just now. Thanks for you nice words! Yestuday was a sucky day for mex( Then I don't need any crap from computers too}( Hope you have a good day!

take care
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

This morning I did another full body workout and I think it was the toughest one yet. I was dying. It took me an hour and 8 minutes so I didn't have time to do my treadmill or abs.

This workout was 3 sets of 18 reps, 2 minutes rest. 18 reps KILL!

Leg Press - 20's each hand
Flat Chest Flies - 25's each hand
Incline Dumbbell Rows - 25's each hand (this one was very hard, the last set made me cry)
Preacher Curls - 45#/14 reps 40#/18 reps 35#/18 reps
Lying Incline Dumbbell Raise - 8#/10 reps 5#/18 reps 2 sets (this I got from Oxygen, its more a shaping exercise for the shoulder than a muscle builder but its a killer)
Dips w/35# in my lap

I was in my zone for 30 minutes and burned 292 calories. This really surprised me!

Anne - I sent you this rotation to the email you sent to me but it came back as undeliverable. Can you send me your email again?

Have great workouts everyone!

Hey Maniacs!!
Debbie- Great w/o!! Your ripped girl}(;-)

Dallys- Enjoy your rest day! Hope you have a blast cleaning...LOL:p

Have a great day Maniacs!!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good day to all.
Didn't check in yesterday but I did lowmax blast and 10 min of yoga.Today was just 10 min of yoga.Tomorrow will be a heavy day of 3-5 rep range.
Lori -I love charmed I watch reruns on tbs they are showing the last season now.I have bought all the seasons that are out on dvd.I agree about yoga I was starting to feel achey in my wrist and right leg and have felt this way for 2 weeks I have so far only done five days of one 20 min workout and the rest 10 min and the pain is gone and I already feel loose.I did it before my run the other day because I really wanted to put my all into it and running tires me out.so I have decided to do it before cardio and do a plain stretch after cardio.
hope everyone has a great evening.

Hey ladies!

Just got back from horseback riding. Fun stuff. Took alittle break while first group went and headed off for some real food at home. Barbeque Chicken, salad, yogurt, apple and protein bar. Last year, our church group had cookies, moon pies, raisin pies, oatmeal pies, cheetos of every kind and potato chips of every kind for lunch!!!!!! It happened again after second group got back. Was so glad we ate at home and was hungry and due to eat anyhow. I personally think it was a waste to buy all that crap. I should have offered to make sandwiches for everyone cuz it killed me seeing people eat ALL that for lunch. How gross.

I am getting ready to drink my protein shake, take a workout pill and do my strength training in about 30 mins. Report back later ladies.

Charlotte~~

Good afternoon,
This morning I did Kick Punch and Crunch. I still need to go back and do abs and yoga. I have my grandson over for the night. I am needing to change up my schedule some. I am not feeling that energetic today. I will try and check back later.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

My workout:

Oh yeah, I feel better! :p }(

Here is what I did today so far:

2 sets/15 reps/SS

DB BB Press 30# last time did... 25#

Pull Ups - close grip 4/4 ........ 6/5

Squats 130# ....... 110#

Leg Extensions 70# ........... 65#

DB Press 15# ........ 15#

Seated Overhead DB Press 25# ........ 20#

Calf Raises 65# (2 sets of 45) ........ 60#

Off to do some ab work now. Thanks Debbie. You maniac!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Awesome workout, Charlotte!! Aren't the supersets hard? But they go by so damn fast. I'm already sore from this mornings workout! Yee haw!!! I've been really slacking on my ab work. I'm just so wiped out after these workouts I don't have it in me to do abs. I have to do them tomorrow for sure after my cardio.

Diane Sue - I just read your workout from last night, great going on those 45# pullovers! Woo hoo! I did them the other day with 40# and I'm still sore from it! Great going!!!

Diane Sue,

How many times did you say you did it with 45# for pullovers? I have done 50# before, but only did that in 3 sets of 5.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs!!!
Just got home from the gym. Its thunderstorming here. But it was so sunny and beautiful here for the majority of the day! Had a great 4.5 mile run this morning as 7:30. Since I've been working out soo hard I barley get any sleep and wake up like I slep for 10 hours. Its soooo wierd}( Well, today I did back, chest, abs, and my run was cardio. I upped alot of my weights today. Had TOO much energy}(

Heres the brakedown. 90 secs rest inbetween sets:

BACK:
Lat Pulldown- 4 sets 8 reps 95# (last set was 90#)
Seated Row Machine- 3 sets 8 reps 67.5# (upped from 65#!!)
MTS High Row- 3 sets 10 reps 45#
DB Shoulder Shrugs- 3 sets 12 reps 30# each (upped from 25#!!)
Pull-ups Widegrip- 1 set 9 reps (same but was almost DEAD on the last rep}()
Pull-ups Closegrip- 1 set 15 reps (did pretty good!)
Low Back Extension machine- 2 sets 95# (Upped from 90#!!)

CHEST:
Cable Chest (guess I'll call it that) Its when you have 2 hooks on the cable machine, and you grip them and sqeeze the chest as you bring them to touch, and release back to starting postion (hands far away from each other) did 4 sets 8 reps 2 sets w/ 35# 2 sets w/ 30#
Barbell Bench Press- 3 sets 10 reps 90# (upped from 80-85#!!)
Chest Flies- 3 sets 12 reps 20# (did more reps than weight this time)
Push-ups 1 set of 40

ABS:
Ab Crunch Machine- 3 sets 15 reps 90#
Abdominal Machine- 3 sets 18 reps 77.5# (upped wieght from 75# and upped reps from 15)
Ab Board Inverted Sit-Ups- 100 reps
Ab Board Invetered Twists- 50 reps w/ 12# medicine ball

Shelia- Great W/O's you do!! Keep it up;-)

Charlotte- Glad you had fun horseback riding! I heard that it works the inner thighs very well;-) Great W/O too you maniac!! Also, what protein drinks to you drink?

Debbie- Have you ever tired doing your ab work before you do your whole W/O? Maybe that will be better so you won't be too tired to do it afterwards. Just a thought;-)

Diane Sue- I love KPC!! Its a great W/O! Want me to share some of my energy w/ you:+ I have PLENTY:p:p

Hi to Anne and Dallys! Hope you maniacs had awsome W/O too:)

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.