Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday Sept 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did the "getting ready to go to the airport" workout. No time for anything else.

I'll see everyone when I get back. I'll be home late Wednesday, but may not be able to check in until Thursday. Have great workouts while I'm gone.

Debbie - I'll have to get your address from you when I get home so I can send you this Cardio Coach. The DH will probably never use it and if he does ever want to, he can use my copy.

Marietta - I saw the comment that you bought some oils. Did you mean you bought BPAL oils? If so, you'll have to tell me what you got.

Well, I've got to go get ready.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Thank you all for asking about me yesterday. Yesterday's visit to the chiro was not bad like I thought it might be. Looks like I have no issues with disc or muscle related problems, it is all in my neck which is worse on right side. He cracked my neck and I yelled out..."oh my gosh"!!!! I didn't expect it to sound so loud. Not sure if the nerve damage will improve or not, but actually at times seems to be getting better. It comes and goes. He did advise me to do more arm rows like the way Cathe does them...retracting, etc. and elbows more at side, not rising up at angle.

It is very expensive to go to chiro even with insurance.

Debbie,

Shoot me some copies of your next rotation (pyramid) when you get a chance. I want to do that one with ya.

Hello to everyone else!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Glad to hear it went well Charlotte! Good luck with that! Have a good WO today.

Bye Lora- miss you, but have a blast.

Well, I did that 5 mile run last night, no weights. I should do back today, and some more cardio. I am going to work, so I will check in later.

Have great sweaty WO's everyone.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Good Morning,
Today I will do some cardio, abs, and st/yoga. Then off to do groceries:)

Shiela, I really intend to buy Amy Bentos Pump Xtreme and Kickbox Xtreme. On the Ripped Series I am not sure. I think the Ripped 1000 looks like a good calorie burner. The clips look like it might be more like a cardio/weight circuit with the step. I would like to see a clip of the other one which comes out later. The title sounds good:). I am not sure when I will order Amys though.

Lora, I know you are gone but hope you have a fun time in Las Vegas.

Charlotte, I am glad you don't have disc problems or anything like that. If it is in your neck, did you talk to him about using weights on ab work? I know sometimes it gets mine and that is why I started doing cable crunche, hanging leg raises, & barbell rollouts a lot. I guess is a lot on form and angles that you pull those weights. I hope one treatment does it for you.

Debbie, is it tomorrow that you start your new rotation? It will be interesting to see what you do:)

Marietta, how did your daughter's volleyball tournament go?

Hi, Randi, Adri, Lisa, Maeghan, Anne,Dallys ,Annette
Everyone we are growing here:)
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Diane Sue have fun at the grocery store. Ya know, I don't buy deli meat anymore. I have been on a chicken binge. I just pretty much clear the shelf of the perdue thin sliced skinless chicken breast. I really don't like fish alot and so I am seriously gonna turn into a chicken, not to mention that the chiro doc told me to do some chicken moves with my neck!!! lol. He said I would be fine with any work outs with my neck as long as I did the one arm rows the way he showed me and when I do abs to keep my chin up, like Cathe says. Everyone should just listen to Cathe, for goodness sakes!!!!!!!!

Meg,

That is great running 5 miles! Your on a tear!!!!!

O.k., now I gotta get to the post office. Bills to be mailed. Kinda windy out here today and very warm this morning.

Charlotte~~

Hello ladies. I thought my computer was down. I could not get on all day yesterday.Guess they are working on it.
Last night was PUB. I haven't done it in a while. It felt good. I even handled the pikes on the ball..I am feeling it this am.
I made it through the biceps. 8-10-12. I have not made it to 15's yet. This is the 1st time i got through the 12's. I think you are fatigued from the last 2 sets.My chest and bi's are hurting .....

Char, once the chiropractor had me turned like a pretzel and cracked my back in. I pulled something. I felt like an old lady. It hurt , but felt great after. I could barely walk before....

I still won't lift 115 over my head. 65 is my limit comfortably. Maybe someday, but. I won't take the chance of hurting my back.
You do lift some serious weight Shiela... Probably will never be me.
Maybe if i would have started when i was 10.

Tonite will be PLB. Guess i will finish the dvd. Then tomorrow is a cardio day....

Daine Sue, I wish i could run 5 miles. Someday. I usually incline to 12 and walk 3.5-4 mph. It is a pumpin w/o. My shins kill me every time on running, so i avoid it.'
Well, have a great day...Everyone...
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Charlotte - good to hear your chiro visit went well.

Diane Sue - Yes, I'm starting my new rotation tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out how I will do it. I hope pyramids work as well as the straight sets did.

Hi everyone! Have a great Saturday!

Good morning Maniacs!!!
Today is chest, back, abs, and a run. I only did about just over 3 miles today cuz it started raining this morning when I went. I started at about 8:15 and then when I came to 3 miles it started to really rain. I walked alittle bit to cool down (but I was already petty cool:p) and my mom came and picked me up. We're supposed to be haveing t'stoms this evening and tomorrow. I wish they would close school}(}:)+ LOL!

Lora- I'm ganna miss you you maniac!!!!! Hope you have a fab time in Vegas!!! Take some pics for us:)

Charlotte- Glad you chiro visit helped you. I know how you feel. I went once to get my neck unstiffed and he used this gun like thing to crack it. Is that what yours used for you or did he just do it with his hands? Just wondering cuz the gun like things hurt like a
b!tch}(

Debbie- Hope your new rotation goes well for you! I did arnold presses the other day for one of my shoulder exericses and I gatta say those are really good. They kicked in another part of the shoulder too and I felt it more than just regular shoulder presses}( Thanks!

Annette- I read your post from last night. Thanks for the info:) I was just curious what kinda music you would use for water workouts. I thought it would have been like yoga music or something relaxing. Thanks for the info you maniac!!

I'll post the brakedown of my workout later after I'm finished. Have a great weekend maniacs!! Love you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good Morning,

Today is a rest day for me-I have lots of things to do today. I have to clean the house and have some shopping to do.

Megadoo-great workout!!

Charlotte-Glad everything workout out with the chiropractor.

Hello to Anne, Anette, Diane Sue, Debbie, Lora, Marietta, Suz, Sheila, Dallys, Adri and anyone else I might have missed.

Have a great day all!!!

Lisa

Hey maniacs.I did kpc abs,sjp abs,bc abs and did all three workout streches a 40 min workout felt great.
Tomorrow will be a heavy lift day 3-5 reps.

meghean-congrats on running 5 miles I know how hard running is.

char-so glad things went well.I laughed so hard at your chicken comment.

Lisa-HAVE FUN CLEANING.I have to clean tommorrow:(

Hi adri -debbie-diana sue-marietta-dallys
Have great wokouts.

Hi Ladies!
I just finished doing the first 5 intervals of Imax and the step portion of MIC. I'm worn out! I think tomorrow i'm goin to the gym and doing legs and abs.
Have a great day :)
Randi

Just finished my workout:

3 sets/15 reps/60 sec rest/SS

Plie Squats 150#
DB Flat Bench 20's
Leg Extensions 70#
One Arm Rows 20's
EZ Curls 55/50/50
Dips w/25# and raised

NOTE: Probably should have gone 160# for plies. These were easy for me with 150#. Bench is never easy for me. Moved up from 65# to 70# for leg extensions. Doing One Arm Rows as doc suggested. Curls were more challenging today, ttom.

Also did some various ab work. DD and her boyfriend did same workouts with me. Of course, we all used different weights.

Time to finish decorating for Halloween.

Charlotte~~

Good afternoon,
This morning I did Hardcore Extreme Hi Low and stopped at the str and did the cardio only of HSTA, then Amy Bento Abs, #1&#2 and Stretch#1. I used a 50# barbell instead of ball on the rollouts and held a dumbbell on the v sits and crunches etc.. I have my grandchildren coming over this evening:)

Maeghan, great job on the 5 miles run. When I do that on the treadmill I burn some serious calories. And you are talking more cardio??

Charlotte, I rarely eat lunch meat from the deli. There is so much sodium and corn syrup solids in it. I eat loads of chicken and fish. I also eat beef though. I like to buy those real thin sliced steaks and grill them and put them on my salad. It adds variety.

Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

DS- yeah, I surprised myself a bit last night! I know it isn't totally accurate, but the calorie burn counter on the TM said 617. Not sure how close that is, but hey, nice to see anyway!
Not sure if I will get in cardio today. I have to play it by ear. I can feel pain in my ankles from my Sarcoidosis today. I will rest them for a bit and see how I feel later.

Charlotte- good job on the WO. Nice weight increases!

Randi and Sheila and Anne- looks like some good WO's too!

Hi Lisa, Dallys, Adri, and Deb

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Good afternoon, Fitstresses! Had a great extended workout this a.m.: about an hour of aqua jogging to warm up and get in some targeted upper body drills, an hour of shallow-water interval work with a couple of friends (think 1-2 solid minutes of tuck jumps and airborne jacks, fast runs, long lever work, etc.), then some flutter kick and treading water drills and abs and upper body. I feel cleansed, purged and somewhat hungry.

I'm envious of the runners here; that's one mode I've never quite been able to bring into the rotation. Ah well. I'm only 45, and I met an 80-year-old 5K and 10K runner a few years ago (in sunny Phoenix of all places) who started running in her 60's. I guess I got time.

Have a great day, people!

a-jock

Anne,

PUB is a long one, don't you think? If it is burning, then it is working!

Don't tell me about pretzel stories. I don't want to hear it. I am going back on Monday. Kinda freaky, but glad it worked for ya. So far I feel the same. My chest ached today where he cracked me, after I got done working out. Weird feeling. I am not giving up on this. Will try a few more visits and see what happens.

No, no...don't lift 115 over your head. My gosh, I can't do that either, my shoulders would not be able to support that. Different when you got a machine.

I don't run either, Anne. I would rather ride my bike which I think I will do tomorrow, but I got a long list of stuff I need to do.

Well my house is all decorated. Hope I don't scare the buyers away. Got green cobwebs everywhere, fake blood, rats, shrieking cats, go away signs, etc. lol

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs!!!
Just finished workout. Did chest, back, and a little abs. 90 sec rest inbetween sets. Heres the brakedown:

BACK:
Pull-ups (wide-grip)- 2 sets 8 reps (last set was 7 reps)
Lat Pulldown- 3 sets 8 reps 97.5# (upped from 95)
Seated Row Machine- 3 sets 8 reps 72.5# (upped from 67.5)
Shoulder Shrugs- 3 sets 12 reps 20# each
BB Rows- 2 sets 10 reps 45#

CHEST:
Cable Chest Squeeze- 4 sets 8 reps 35# (burned}()
Chest Flies- 3 sets 12 reps 20# each (next time will use 25's and do 10 reps I think)
BB Press on smith machine- 3 sets 8 reps 90#

ABS: (changed it up a bit)
Ab Crunch Machine- 3 sets 15 reps 95#
Small Isolation crunches on Stability ball- 2 sets foward 25 reps
Isolation Crunches Obliques- 1 set each side 25 reps
Ab Crunch on cable 3 sets 20 reps 115#
Ab machine oblique- 1 set each side 20 reps 67.5#

Did 3 mile run this morning. Well I'm off to the mall for a bit with mom. Will be back later for more personals. Have a great saturday maniacs!! Love you:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.