Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday Sept 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I'm just getting ready to go workout. It's my scheduled rest day but I'm going to do a bit of aerobics, maybe some abs and some yoga/stretch. I'll be back later. I just wanted to show these to Charlotte, Meg and the Buckcherry Fans. Looks like Josh got some new ink while over in the UK over the last couple of weeks. You can't see it very well on these pics, but I didn't have time to search for more.

http://www.buckcherry.com/Gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1010
http://www.buckcherry.com/Gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1009

Charlotte - I got my other Mum Moon order last night and I asked Beth for samples of something for depression/anxiety. She gave me a free bottle of the TAL White Light. I had this before and don't really care for it...but I'll have to try it again. I also got Shango...for the same purposes (sort of). Let me know what you think if you check out the descriptions.

Gotta go get busy.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did my strength training (late and posted late). Today I am gonna do A Jock's mish mosh from a few days ago she mentioned to me....Imax 2 and lowmax with med ball. I will omit the blast in Imax 2, doing only aerobic sessions and then follow suit with lowmax. I don't want to burn off too much cuz I am trying to build muscle, but want to work my abs/legs good so I think this will be good to try. I am doing additional ab work today as well. Please remind me to do this ya'll cuz I keep forgetting abs lately.

Lora,

I am not going to do the inquisition thingy cuz I don't know how the other oils smell yet. Might not be for me so I will wait until I get the ones you sent and the others I ordered first. Really didn't think the TAL's are just for wearing and would produce results from wear alone.

BTW, I forgot to tell ya that I checked out Hollie Rae's picture in The Revolver magazine. You said she is built like a "brick house". I didn't think so. JMHO. Pretty face, but I don't think she works out. I will check out Josh in a minute.

I got to get my house in tip top shape cuz it will be looked at today.

Hello to all that follow.

Charlotte~~

Lora- thanks for the pics! Do you know who Willow is? Pretty cool tats. Hope you get to relax some today!

Charlotte- have a good WO, and good luck with the house! Burn baby burn!

Of course I didn't get up early--beyond tired. But maybe I will get lucky and have time and energy tonight. Have to see how the day goes! Busy busy!

Have a great day guys! I will get back when I can.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/150/.png[/

Meg,

That is excellent!!!! Love to hear that kind of news. Just the beginning, girl. Just the beginning. More to come....

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - brick house........usually means "boobs" and that's what I was referring to. No - she doesn't workout but I love her tattoos and she looks even cuter with her hair pink like she just coloured it. She's even more pretty in person.

I'll be back in a few minutes to do my check in.......gotta go get my breakfast ready.

Lora,

Lol,well I always thought it meant like...all over. Well then, she definitely has the "bricks".

Got all my candles lit up so the house will smell yummy. Got rose in the bathroom and autumn scents everywhere else. I got to weed out the beds in the front some too.

Charlotte~~

Can everyone tell that I'm happy as heck cuz it's Saturday? I'll probably be suicidal Sunday night! LOL.

I did Yoga Booty Ballet Hip Hop Abs (aerobic section x2) which totaled about 55 minutes. These are always fun and lift your mood while elevating your heartrate. I was in the high 140's and could have went higher if I wanted to (babying sciatica a bit). I then did Shiva Rea's Fluid Power Yoga 60 min. I used the Matrix and did my own routine. I did Mandala Namaskar I and II followed by the Intermediate Backbend Flow and Hip Opening and Twisting segment and Savasana.

I wasn't looking forward to this yoga DVD cuz when I first got it I thought it was another weird Shiva like Trance Dance but it's not. I love it and REALLY needed that after the week I had. It's flow yoga with only a slight spin on it...as far as taking it away from traditional. I chose most of the segments that had a lot of hip openers and boy it felt good. This had some really different (and quite intermediate) poses in it that I've never done before that felt awesome. I don't feel so bad paying $29.99 plus shipping for it now. I love it.

Diana Sue - when that yoga DVD comes to Amazon, you might want to check it out. It's set up just like Shakti and has the great music. It's filmed on sand dunes though and she's not alone. It's different enough from Shakti to own both of them with no redundancy (or minimal) and it's not weird enough to take away from the traditional yoga feel. By the way, you look pretty good in a "camping" picture. When I picture camping...I picture tents and no running water like my boyfriend used to "treat" me to when I was in my 20's. I hated it! LOL.

Charlotte - good luck with your house. We are having an open house this weekend on the house we have for sale. It has been on the market for close to a year now (October) and we really need to sell it. We're quite stressed about it. I guess you missed the check in where I posted about how good the movie Little Miss Sunshine was. You should take your kids to see it. The whole family would love it. It's freakin' hilarious and people of all ages seem to like it. GO SEE IT.....you won't be sorry. Seriously. When you have your open house, you can't be there, right? (About the Brickhouse thing....maybe I've been around the Sisters a bit too much. You know...there aren't many white people in my department at work....not that it matters to me...African American women are a trip to work with. They always make me laugh. We get along really well. I am the only white person in the office part though.)

I'm off to soak in the my Lushie tub. We're probably going to see the GridIron Gang with The Rock today. I like the Rock.

Have great workouts ladies. I'll be back later.

sorry this is so long........but y'all know I'm long winded.

Good morning, ladies! Today I do my monster blast over at a local club with an extensive pool complex. Two happies for today are that I inaugurate my new submersible, waterproof MP3 player, AND two friends from my former aqua classes are going to join me for about an hour - will feel like old times!

To all house sellers - GOOD LUCK! I used to be in real estate and I sure don't miss it. I think DH and I will croak in our current house just because of the irritation of home selling and buying!

Have a day!

A-Jock

Good Morning,
Today I will do cardio, abs and some sort of stretching or yoga. I have 3 grandchildren coming over later. Stayed up late so am kind of dragging this morning. Not so good when I have 3 grandchildren coming to stay the night:) I saw that Amy Bento has some practice pics for her new workouts posted in her forums. They will be filming soon.

Lora, I left you my thoughts on your workout next week last night. You have been hard at it. I know when I go on a vacation I like to get in a good weight workout just before I go since I know I have plenty of recovery time coming up. Funny about the camping. I am not a very good camper, I like being outdoors but I like the shower and television and my own facilities. No hiding behind a bush somewhere:) Did that as a kid.

Charlotte, good luck with your house showing today. Enjoy your cardio mish mosh>

Maeghan, hope you can get in your workout today. If not just enjoy your rest. You can always do it tomorrow:)

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Good Morning Maniacs!!!
I got up at 7 today and went out for a run at 7:30. I did about 4.5 miles. That was my cardio today and at the gym today is shoulders, calves, and abs. I'll post the brakedown later when I do it.

Lora- Don't over do it manaic!! Acually I shouldn't be sayin that, I always overdo it:+ One queston, I was reading your other post and you said you had a W/O called "Yoga Booty Ballet Hip Hop Abs" are they separate or come togather? And where did you get them? Then sound pretty good:) Thanks!

Charlotte- I agree with what you said. You don't wanna do a crapload of cardio and stuff t burn off some muscle cuz your tryin to build. I'm doing that too. I do only 3 days of cardio a week (2 runs, 1 kickbox) and thats perfect for me along with my hard weight training. Anyway... Good luck with your house!

Maeghan- I'll give ya some of my energy if you like}(}( I have PLENTY:+ YAYAYAYAYAY Meg!!!! Great achivement with the belt. Keep up the great work!! and you only have 5 more pounds ta go!!!

Annette- sounds like you have a fun day planned! Hope you haev a great day! My mom and I are ganna look inot the water W/O stuff that you do. It sounds like fun:)

Diane Sue- Have a great day with your grandkids and hope you haev a great W/O!! You go girl;-)

Have a great day maniacs!! I'm going to the gym later and then will be goin to the mall for a while. Hey its SATURDAY!!!! Love yea:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Well, today I did my cardio on my treadmill and tried the first series of Cardio Coach. What a GREAT workout! It was only 35 minutes but I sure felt it. I like Shawn, he talks you through what to do and his voice and the way he talks reminds me a lot of Bryan Kest. It was a very motivating workout and I was sweating buckets. I was in my zone for 23 minutes and burned 188 calories. I don't even care about the low calorie burn, I know I worked. I did about 1.8 miles today.

Then I did the ab and stretch from Kick, Punch & Crunch. I was surprised to see that I could do all the pykes on the stability ball since I haven't done them in a while.

Well, so where's the sun? All week we kept hearing how it was suppose to clear up and get warm. Its cloudy here and looks like its going to rain - AGAIN! These weather people really get me. With all their million dollar pieces of equipment, you'd think they'd get it right at least once!

Charlotte - GREAT workout yesterday! You go you maniac! I know what you mean about ab work, by the time I'm done with the weight session, I'm too damn tired to do abs. I try to do them on my cardio days.

Adri - here is a picture of the side raise. I doubt men do these! LOL!

lyingraise.jpg

Debbie,

Thanks for sharing that picture. Interesting enough to try.
I know what you mean about the weather. Gray and looking like it will rain any minute here too. I was gonna mow, but the grass will stay wet if the sun doesn't come out so I might have to mow on Monday. I am still waiting for the Mr and Ms to show up to look at my house. Speck, our little dog, has not been helping me. She vomited this morning and then diarrhea. When I go shopping all day, I leave the water and food out, but she doesn't drink when I am gone and I think she gets dehydrated. I hate when that happens so I am cuddling her more today cuz I feel bad she is sick.

Charlotte~~

Debbie - Are you running on your treadmill without back/hip issues? I can't seem to be able to run for nothing!

Diana Sue - Yes, I saw your thoughts. Thanks. I've decided to do Back and Biceps Monday, Chest, Shoulders and Tri's on Wed - first 12 only and Core Synergestics Friday......and maybe I'll use heavier weights than I'm used to on that one.

Adri - Yoga Booty Ballet is sold at Beachbody.com. I have the Live Set, Original Set and original set. The Live's are my favorite. They are sort of dancy and not too serious. I don't think they have clips anywhere. Maybe you can try to purchase one from E-bay first to make sure you like it. They are different and not really as intense as Cathe...however, I can usually make them as intense as I like by how much hip movement and arm movement I put into it. I also usually add some impact on my own. It feels really good to move your body differently than the traditional way. I like this one for that reason. They are definitely too short to just do one time thru and I usually do them twice to make a better workout. Have you ever seen the infomercial for Yoga Booty Ballet?

Lora - so far, so good. Today was my actual first "running" day on it. I usually just walk fast and get HR into my fat burning zone. The only thing that has been bothering me since I got my TM is my IT band on my left side. Its VERY tight and no matter what I do I can't seem to stretch. However, it is getting better. I bought an ITBand strap and it goes right above my knee and it has helped a tremendous amount.

Hey Maniacs!!!
Just doin a quick check in. I'm goin to the gym in a few.

Debbie- O thats how it is. I've NEVER seen men to that (your right) but I've seen men do something similar to that but instead of raising the top on, they hold the weight in the bottom hand (the one they're lying on on the bench) and turn the arm to the side and back. Its kind of like the last exercise in S&H shoulders. It works the rotator cuff. Anyway, thanks so much! Today for me is shoulders so I may give it a try. Thanks:)

Lora- Thanks for your description on it. I'd DEFINALTEY check it out from beach body. I signed up for their mailing list. Anyway, no I've never heard of Yoga Booty Ballet thats why I asked you. It sounds really cool! Thank you too for your help:)

Well, off to the gym. My fav part of my day!! Hi to Charlotte, Sheila, Diane Sue, Anne, Annette, Suz, Marietta, and anyone else!

ITS SATURDAY!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hello everybody!

I'm back again. Just finished Imax 2 and then hopped on the elliptical for 20 minutes. I feel like throwing up. :p Does anyone ever feel that way after cardio? Our ride this morning got cancelled due to 25mph winds. Boo!

Lora - I'm happy you're happy it's Saturday. It's my favorite day too! I've gotta admit - I never knew that brick house meant boobs since that song says "She's a brick house...36 24 36". I assumed it meant the whole body. You learn something new every day!

Maeghan - congrats on the inches lost!!!

Charlotte - good luck with the house.

Annette - I can't imagine putting an MP3 player in the water. Even though it's waterproof, it would temporarily freak me out!

Diane Sue - I know you've mentioned this before, but what is a typical day of eating like for you? I know that you suffer migraines and I was wondering if staying away from more processed foods helps. I *want* to eat more whole/fresh foods, but it's hard for me to know what to eat - especially with my picky DH. :) I hope you have fun with your grandkids. You seem to have endless energy.

Adri - I hope you have fun at the gym. And speaking of endless energy, please send me some of yours since you have extra. :p

Debbie - don't you just love Cardio Coach? I'm going to use it on the elliptical this winter. I think I have #4 - is that how they go? It's been awhile since I've used it on the bike. I think Netta still uses CC on the bike for some of her interval work. I just never get to ride alone anymore - which is a good thing since I love riding with my friends.

I hope you all have a great evening!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Adri - Its a burner, I'm sore throughout my entire shoulder and trap area. I mean SORE!

Suz - I LOVE Cardio Coach. OMG, its so cool. #4 is hard, I started with the easiest one and will work up from there. I had a blast this morning and the time flew by.

Hey Maniacs!!
Just doing a super quick one now cuz I'm off to the mall for alittle while. yea I can't go very long without talkin to my maniacs!!!:p. I did shoulders, calves, and abs today plus my run this morning was my cardio. Heres the quick breakdown 90 sec rest inbetween sets:

SHOUDLERS:
Shoulder Press on Smith Machine- (this BURNED}() 4 sets 8 reps 65#
1 Arm Lateral Raises- 3 sets each side, 10 reps, 15# each
1 Arm Front Raises- 3 sets each side, 10 reps, 15# each
Debbie's Shoulder thing (burned!!}() 2 sets each side 8 reps 15# (last set went down to 12#)
Rotator Cuff using Cable (not DB) 3 sets each side 8 reps 25#

Calves:
Standing Calf Machine- 2 sets 25 reps 115# (second set was 135#)
Calf Raises on Inveted Leg Press Machine- 2 sets 20 reps 90#
Single Calf Raises- 1 set each side 25 reps with 10# each hand

ABS:
Abdominal Crunch Machine- 3 sets 15 reps 90#
Abdominal Machine- 3 sets 15 reps 77.5# (last set did 80#
Abdominal Machine for Obliques/ Crivis- 1 set each side 20 reps 67.5
Ab Board Inverted Sit-ups- 1 set of 100 (and skipped the twists)
Fishy Puppies (from C&W I think it was) 1 set each side 25 reps (works obliques)

Suz- Sending you some of my (((((ENERGY))))) Hope it helps!!! Glad to see you back:)

Debbie- Those were a killer}( But I loved the burn;-) I'll probally have major DOMS tomorrow}:)+ Thanks!

Have a great night Maniacs!! Off to the mall like a normal teen now!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi Ladies - back from the movies and boy was it a good one. We saw The Illusionist with Edward Norton and Jessica Beil. It was another independent film that opened in limited release and then it was released nationwide due to how well it was doing. Best movie we've seen since the other independent, Little Miss Sunshine. Two different kinds of movie's, but MUCH better than the big budget ones that have been coming out. DH and I were very impressed. Good plot, romance, and twists, etc. Great acting and very well done! I'd see it again.

No more workouts for me today. I'm going to go lay on my balls in a bit and watch General Hospital again since I fell asleep last night.

I pulled a muscle in my hip flexor doing that yoga DVD this morning. Must have been one of the different ones I did. It's not that bad though. I sort of want to do that DVD again tomorrow, but I'll probably do a Mark Blanchard one instead.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.