Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday Oct 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I stuck to my plans and took a rest day. I did Cathe's 10 Minute Total Body Stretch and Kundalini Yoga - Yoga Bliss Hips - Quick Hips premix (30 min).

As I stated the other day, I'm going to start doing Kundalini Yoga regularly - probably force myself to take a rest day every Saturday and do it. I want to see if it helps some of my minor health problems since it works the glands so much.

I'm so excited my abs are so sore today. My DH is sick of hearing me say it. I used a 8 pound dumbbell doing the jacknives during Barry's.

If you ladies haven't seen that Buckcherry Video - it's on www.Youtube.com. Just search for Buckcherry and it's on the 1st or 2nd page and says Next to You New (cuz there's an older one). I've got to check out the new Crazy Bi#$@ video. Someone posted it in over at BC.com. I keep forgetting to check it out.

Have great workouts. I'm off to soak in the tub and then it's X-mas shopping and E-bay business.

Lora, your body needs a recoup. You will end up overtraining and get sick.
My chest and arms are still hurting from Thurs night.
I skipped last night. I don't think i could have done the biceps. I couldn't have held the weight and i am not allowed to do cardio for at least another week.
So tonite if it kills me is slow and heavy bi and tri. and abs.

It is awful quiet around here today. Are we all sleeping in ?
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I did upper body with 10/8/5 reps and 2 minutes rest. This is what I did: - (Charlotte, check out my bi curls!)

One Arm Rows: 30#/35#/40#
Incline Flies: 25's/30's/35's
Barbell Overhead Shoulder Press: 50#/55#/60# (these were tough but I was excited to see how strong my shoulders are finally getting!)
Hammer Curls w/Twist: 20's/25's/30's (Excited about this as well!)
Front Raises: 12's/15's/15's (Should have started with 10's, these were tough.)
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 30#/35#/40#

Total workout was 51 minutes, I was in my zone for 23 minutes and burned 211 calories. Not too much because of the long rest periods but thats ok.

Going to my dads for a Halloween party. Its in his garage, we are going to freeze our butts off!!

Have great workouts and weekend everyone!

Good Morning,
Today I am going to do cardio, abs and stretching. I think it will be a quiet day here today. I may do some baking later so I have stuff for this next week. My daughter in law is having her gall bladder removed so I am sure there will probably be some extra grandchildren time:)

Lora, enjoy your rest day and Christmas shopping. See now you are getting me interested in the Barry's Bootcamp workouts. I would like to get some soreness in my abs:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diana Sue - Yes, my triceps and abs are especially sore, but my biceps aren't that sore. I can rarely get them sore for some reason. I wonder if I'm using my shoulders or something. I should do them against a wall to check my form. My abs probably got sore cuz I've never done jacknives with a weight before.

I just read an article this morning on how yoga is the best leg/butt toner. It made me happy.

I'm back from shopping already. I did good. I was not gone very long. I got a good start!

Great w/o Deb. You are getting to be the incredible hulktress.
Diane Sue, I had my gall bladder out in march and i only missed 4 days of work. You just can't lift over 20# for about 3 weeks so you don't pulla hernia.

Diane Sue, I wish i didn't get sore. I have had doms in the chest and arms for 2 days.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Hey Maniacs!!

Got my hair done today. Nice little hair cut. Not much taken off. I am keeping it long these days. Went out for breakfast with dh and son. My eggs were raw so they made me some more. People suppose to be by to look at house. Don't know if they came or not. No business card left, etc. Realtors says they were by. Who knows? Tired today, but is my rest day anyways. GNC is having another sale Nov 1 thru 7th. Good deals. Can't wait to make another trip there. Gonna try some Muscle Milk this time.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Charlotte~~

Lora, maybe your biceps are just in great shape:) After P90X I am sure it would take something else to make them sore. Sometimes when I do an endurance bicep workout and heavy up I get sore. Not very often though. I also read that doing yoga regularly can help with lowering blood pressure:)

This morning I ran 3 miles on the treadmill 38 minutes. The first 5 minutes is usually a fast paced walk to warm up. Then I did Amy Bento Stretch #1 10 minutes. I will do abs later today.

Charlotte, it sounds like you have had a pleasant morning:)

Anne, I hope you get your weight work in today:) I think my dil thought she would be back at work fairly quickly.

Debbie, enjoy the halloween party. Make sure you wear something warm!!

Dallys, I slept in, sort of but I was up till Lora usually gets up:) LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Charlotte - Nice avatar!

Diana Sue - You just reminded me that the new Amy's are shipping next week!!! I'll have lots of new stuff to make me sore. I still have the Kelly Coffey's coming also....then that's it until the new Turbo Jam's come out.

Well i got s& h tri and bi in . No prob w/ the tri, but had to seriously lighten up on the bi. Really pulled the left elbow and i don't want to be lopsided.
Char,get a nice cut?
Amy's 3rd dvd looked good . The rest i wasn't into. Let me know how they are.
So, is Barry's Bootcamp worth it. If there are a few good w/o's I would spend the money.
Lora, How many dvd's do you own?
I had like 100 and got rid of alot of them?

Char , you have the look of what the H*ll in your pic. It is you, and i don't even personally know you.
Lora, my daughter is into Buck Cherry or what ever. She was singing something at work today. I was like what????

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Anne - I think you can view a clip at www.Barrysbootcamp.com and there are reviews posted on a thread on Videofitness. The majority of the peeps at VF have liked them so far. I don't know how picky you are with your workouts, so I have no idea if they are for you. I like them, but I'm not very picky. I like advanced stuff and lots of variety. How old is your daughter that likes Buckcherry? It's going to be a Buckcherry Thanksgiving for me this year .....Thank you Lord! I hate Turkey Day cuz I'm a vegetarian and don't find anything appealing about the day! I'm going to see Buckcherry the evening before Tgiving and then the Monday after!!! Yay.

Chili Peppers concert is this Tuesday......Halloween!

Diana Sue - go girl with the weights on Tracey's.

My Daugher is 21 1/2. She was singing and i was like who is that???
She put it on her my space..
How do you guys not eat meat???
Love turkey,steak(lean) center cut pork, fish....
Have a stuffed Zucini. Saw a really good recipe somewhere...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Diane Sue,

I will have to investigate the Muscle Milk then. There is also another one I want to try that is called Cyto Gain...I think that is the name...with 56g protein. They also have 4# wrist weights there for sale for about $9 a pair. I will get these too and use in KPC while I have my 5# ankle weights on. It will rock! lol.

BTW, your new signature name is really on fire! lol. We know you really are though. That is alot of ab work for 40ish mins. I need more variety for core. Tired of coremaxes.

Lora,

Thanks! Wearing Vixen today. Weird, but I am really liking that scent and might get more. I wasn't sure about it when I first got it. I need to check out those videos you mentioned.

Anne,

Hair is nice. Like the way she cut it. I like the "what the h#ll" expression. I will try to have more of those. lol. Good you are taking it easy with your arm. Mine has finially calmed down. No more soreness just the tingling feeling from time to time. I should go 1 week without working out then it might have a chance to heal all the way, but I can't.

Debbie,

You still partying?

Charlotte~~

Poppin in to say hi. Worked today for a while. Then did a little housework and made dinner. Gotta WO still. Not sure what to do since I want to do a real good marathon WO tomorrow since I should have the time. I don't want a rest, but who knows. My feet hurt from last nights run.

Gotta get kids ready for bed. BBL.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Anne - I hate meat. I've always hated it, but when I was younger, my parents forced me to eat it. When I was old enough to make my own decisions, I turned vegetarian. I haven't eaten meat in about 20-30 years. When I was growing up, my Father was an avid hunter and the Tomboy I was, always wanted to be with him, so I'd sit and watch him gut animal after animal! That probably didn't help.

Speaking of my Father - this cold rainy weather really takes me back to the day he was buried.......all the way back in 1977. I hate the Cold November Rain!!!!

Also - speaking of illness - I hadn't mentioned this, but my Godfather who is my closest Uncle....has Prostate cancer. The doctor told us on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) - he is a 40. He's been losing weight and I knew something was up. We told the doctor not to tell him how bad he is cuz he once told us he didn't want to know that stuff. I feel so bad. He's 85 and I've always known the time would come, and I thought I'd be okay -- cuz he lived a full life....but it's breaking my heart. He walked me down the aisle when I got married since my Father was not here to share that day with me. This is turning into a very emotional time of year for me, since my father died at the very beginning of November. Cancer is a horrible disease - especially when your body can't fight off the cancer cells and they just take over.

I'll quit being all emotional now. It's TTOTM. LOL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.