Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday June 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning is supposed to be my rest day, but I'm too hyped up .........off to do a bit of cardio and some yoga. Be back later.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Working arms today and abs. I was working legs so much that I ran out of energy to do abs. I did ALOT of leg work, but another bike ride tomorrow. Gonna do 25 miles.

Charlotte~~

I ended up doing Denise Austin's Fat Burning Dance Mix (don't laugh) and then I added on about 15 minutes of Janis Saffel's Strike Zone. Cardio was 55" and I burned 330 calories. I kept my HR in the 70-75% of max range. I also did Being In Yoga with Daryl Dewald (on the beach in Hawaii :)).

Toasty - when did you say you start your job? How many hours are you going to work? I start on Monday.

Not sure if I'm going to a movie today as the DH is painting down at our other house since the scheduled person was not reliable.

Dallys - don't know if I already mentioned this, but after glancing thru Jillian's new book, it looks pretty good. I has lots of circuits in it and she seems to have added some new exercises.

Diane Sue - have you looked at that Clean Eating book any more? Do you like it?

Have great workouts or rest days.

Good morning!

I was up at 5am ON A SATURDAY! What is wrong with me??? I had a little headache again so took some Excedrin b/c it wasn't going away (woke me up at 4 and I know the type and it would just get worse). It's gone thank goodness but then I'm wide awake. I'd rather be awake and headache free though. :)

Thanks for all of your compliments yesterday. You're all so sweet. I lost a total of 16 pounds - not sure if I told you girls that (from about 3 weeks before DH left). I still can't believe it. I didn't plan on losing that much - I meant to stop at 10. It's kind of hard during cycling season though b/c I always lose about 5 pounds without changing my diet. Plus DH came home with his new healthy attitude (which he was pretty good about anyway, but just really kicked it into high gear now) so he's really helped. After cycling season I could gain 5 pounds and that would be okay but that's it. I haven't been lifting legs much b/c of cycling and so that might make me gain a little too when I start.

Today DH and I are going to ride. Since he's still building back up to his cycling miles (after all his running) he said he's only good for an hour. So he'll head back home and I'll stay out. I want to do 30 or 35. Really I want to do 40 or 45 but we have a big Father's Day bbq at our house tomorrow and I have a lot to do since we just got home from Quantico this week. Our town has the Tour de Prairie bike ride next Saturday and I haven't decided how many miles I'm doing yet. It goes up to 100 but I won't do that many. Jeanette (Netta) would! Maybe I'll do 50. Or 65. We'll see how I feel. I think I'll lift legs later today.

Have great workouts everyone!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Char - I forgot to tell you congratulations on your new job! At least we know you won't be stealing any of their food!!! :) But you'll look adorable in their uniforms. Please post a picture for us, okay? :p

And check you out with all these cycling miles. You are smokin'! I wish we could ride together!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Suz,

No, I am not posting a Tastee Greeze picture of myself. HECK NO! lol. Yeah, I won't be eating that food. The smell will be bad enough to deal with. I hope I will motivate others not to eat it. Probably not. lol.

Have a nice ride. How many miles you going today?

Yeah, I won't be eating that food. The smell will be
>bad enough to deal with. I hope I will motivate others not to
>eat it. Probably not. lol.
>

Charlotte: Ha! You might have the opposite effect! People might think you look as good as you do from EATING Tastee Freeze!

"Damn, if I eat another chilli dog, I'll be 2x as ripped as that woman!"

Sorry, had to come out of lurkdom to say that. I follow this check in to get fitness ideas. I should really join someday!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Good Morning, my internet was down all day yesterday. Last time I tried was 10 last night. I finally gave up. We called and they were working on it. Yesterday I did BOSU blast stopping at the abs, then I did 20 minutes of the Sharon Twombly All Body Cardio premix cardio, I finished with Barry's Bootcamp Total Body. I think I should have done Barry's first because I was beat by the time I was done with all those jacks, burpees, plunges, mountainclimbers:0 It was a good burner. Today I am doing Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kick Box and Rainbeau Mars yoga for beauty Dawn. I may be working out tomorrow as well. I need to shorten workouts next week and may have extra off days. I am taking my grandchildren to VBS all week and my Dad is coming midweek to visit.

Lora, I am on chapter 4 of the Clean eating book. So far it looks pretty good. I am better with this type of book than some of those that look like a huge thick complicated manual.

Suz, I really like your avatar. You look great.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs! Today is a rest day...from weights }( I will go on a mtb ride sometime today. Also, there is the 'NORBA Mountain Bike Race Series' up in Deer Valley (Park City). Dh and I want to go watch and check things out. We will do that today or tomorrow.

Toasty- At least you don't have to wear a chicken outfit or a ice cream cone outfit. Can you imagine?! I love that commercial where the Mom comes home in her Taco outfit cuz she had to get a second job to pay for the kids minutes on their cell phones, lol. Have a fun bike ride. It would be great if we could ALL get together and ride bikes.

Suz-I can't believe you lost all that weight! So, proud of you. I'm still trying and the scale is being stubborn. I think it's broken.:p But, I can feel some fat coming off of me. Weird.

Lora- I'm really liking these circuits. Like I said above, the fat is coming off and it's only been 2 weeks. I can actually SEE it. I've been trying really hard though. I'm doing 4 circuits a week plus riding my bike, walking alittle, that's about it. Plus a bonus, I haven't spent more than 45-50 min. doing them (so far).:)

Press- You should join us.:)

Diane Sue- I hate when my computer is down! I almost get panicky, like how can I LIVE? LOL! So dumb. Great workout yesterday.:)

Well gotta go get some fuel for my bike ride.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi ladies:)
Last night i did LIC with bonus cardio. Probably going to do cardio and abs this morning. My neice and SIL just left to go back to Pasadena Ca. this morning, it was so good to see them! My neice is 15 months and she looks just like me:)! I will be back later have great workouts!
Randi

Dallys - good going on the circuits. I don't know when...but eventually I'm going to do a rotation.

Suz - I never realized you were so tiny.......cuz of the way you always talked about needing to lose weight. You look great. Just saw your avatar today.....guess I'm a day behind.

I'm sorry I've been MIA from here lately. Hopefully next week will be better. Char, I owe you a pm! I'm sorry! :(

Suz - I love your new AVI!

Had a KILLER workout this morning.

This is Week 2 of Push/Pull/Angulars. I had so much energy today I couldn't believe it. I did the same workout as last Saturday but I upped my weights or reps in each exercise.

Chest
Barbell Bench Press: 95# 6 reps - 100# - 2 sets/6 reps (Up 10#)
Low Incline Dumbbell Press: 40's - 3 sets/8 reps (Up 5#)
Decline Dumbbell Press: 37's 10 reps - 40's - 2 sets/10 reps (Up 5#)

Legs
Squats: 95# - 3 sets/6 reps and I believe I went down below parallel with a few reps (up 10#)
Hack Squats: 85# - 3 sets/8 reps (Did front squats last week, screw those - I hate them!)
Static Lunges: 70# - 2 sets/10 reps (Stayed the same)

Shoulders
Barbell Press: 60# - 4 sets/6 reps (Same weight but these were very easy. I should have upped it)
Dumbbell Press: 25's - 3 sets/8 reps (Last week I did 8/6/6 reps)

Triceps
Close Grip Barbell Press: 85# - 1 set/5 reps - 80# - 2 sets/6 reps (Up 5#)
Bench Dips: 12/12/12 BW

Was sweatin' like a mofo. LOL! Took about an hour and a half.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

I ended up doing scramble eggs from BM2 and cardio and weight abs. Thank god it's my rest day tomorrow!
Have a great weekend!
Randi

I'm back from my ride. It is soooooooooooooooooooo windy! I know you're surprised to hear that. It's 21.9 mph!!! I can't believe it. It almost blew me off my bike a couple of times. I rode 32 miles. I had hoped to do more b/c it's warm out, but the wind was just taking it out of me. You KNOW I can't breathe in it. I did use my inhaler but that only does so much. Darn it! I hope the club is having fun climbing the mountain in Colorado. I think I'll take the wind instead.

Char - come on. I bet you'll look adorable! How far are you goin' today? 32 miles???

Randi - I bet your niece is adorable. Especially with that long, blonde hair (looks just like you). Just kidding! :p I bet you'll miss her.

Diane Sue - I got that book too before I left to see DH. I figured if you got it... Anyway, I really like it. Thanks for the compliment.

Dallys - Hang in there. All of a sudden for me the scale just started moving. You're working hard so it will happen. Have a great ride. I also wish we could all ride together!

Lora - awww...you called me tiny. Thanks!!! :) If you look at my picture trail in the Mexico album - that picture of DH and me - me in my bikini (boy shorts) that's the weight I started at - 141. Now I'm 125. I'm 5'8". Now tiny is Charlotte. I think she's the same height as me but like 10 pounds lighter but with a lot more muscle!!! I don't know how she does it. I'm going to have DH take some "after" pictures of me in a bathing suit and maybe, just maybe I'll put them on my picture trail. But if I don't like them you guys will never see them. I might have to do them with weights in my hands b/c I haven't been lifting as heavy. I have year after year of before pictures and no afters. :p Maybe I'll do that today.

Suz

Hi ladies! Rest assured, different avatar, same girl. Glad to see you all are doing well! My weigh in did not go so well on Friday. I did not gain, but I had zero results, so it appears I am at a standstill. Maybe my body adapted quickly to this rotation...I had eaten well consistently in week three as in weeks 2 and 1. I saw major changes in my body but absolutely no changes on the scale. (Dallys, you and I must have the same model scale.) x(

Lora-What do you think of Strike Zone? I rented it but have only previewed it. Oh-I posted over at yoga today.

Toasty-Good luck w/your new job. I agree with Press182! I am sure you will have some great stories to tell. I look forward to your adventures!

Dallys-Wow! You are doing 4 circuits a week. Since I have not been keeping up every day-May I ask-are they all high intensity? I was going to start a rotation doing 3/week but maybe I'll try 4 and see what the results are. They are such a great calorie burn!

Randi-Great workout! You deserve a rest day!

Diane Sue-What a busy week you have! Actually, what a busy life you have! ;) I really admire your energy and your close bond with your GC. My grandma used to take my to VBS during the summers, too.

Suz-Girl, you look fantastic! That is an astonishing weight loss! I love your new avatar. You and your DH are so cute together. I hope you post your pictures. I am sure they will come out great. That is one of my goals....to be able to post a bikini picture. That's when I will feel like I have arrived.

Deb-I am speechless reading your workout! Great job!

Have a great day, everyone! I am going to a Southern Living (home decor) party @ 7 pm, but I may peek in later.

Jen

I finished my workout. I did the premix of Absolutely Kick Box combat/intervals. Same length workout 1 hr 33 min but does not separate the bodybar combat into a separate segment. I also did all of of the Dawn Yoga dvd this time. I just gave the dogs a bath and now need to run to the store for things for this next week and I need to get a small paintbrush to paint the fireplace. The dogs chewed on the corner and the paint I bought does not match exactly so I have to paint the whole thing:(

Suz, I printed off the grocery list out of that book and the page that had the cooler plan's #1,#@ and #3 so I can just carry them to the grocery store with me.

Jen, thanks. I do enjoy my time with the children. I look forward to the extra activities we do. I used to spend lots of time with my grandmother when I was a child. Even when she was in another state I spent weeks with her during holidays and summer. I stayed with her for awhile when I met dh:) I spent lots of time with both grandmothers. One I taught to knit and she taught me to crochet and would sit and tell me lots of stories about her childhood.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Jen - I think I'm going to start doing the rotation Dallys is doing soon. If you get a copy of the book, we can do it together.

Suz - you're 125.......yikes. That IS tiny.........good tiny.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.