Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday Feb 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning my rotation called for a recovery day...but I chose to do a light recovery workout. I did Tracey Staehle's Walking Strong TM workout. Since my TM only has 3 incline settings, this workout wasn't intense for me as it would be for someone on a better TM. I left my TM on the highest incline setting throughout the entire workout (per Tracey when I contacted her asking her about my TM with minimal settings). I only used really light weights for the upper body segments since it was a recovery workout for me. Workout was 60" and I burned 420 calories.

I also did about 20 minutes of a new Gentle Vinyasa Flow yoga DVD I got...but ran out of time. The movie today is early and I have lots of other things to do.

I will start taking a regular rest day every Saturday starting next week, as my hours are getting increased to a full 40 hours next week at work...so I won't be able to leave early on Thursdays anymore and have that extra time to do some of my Saturday things.

Have a great day ladies...off to eat breakfast and my normal saturday routine.

Have great workouts or rest days.

Deb - did you see my post last night about Sevendust's new song? Also, are you liking GH with the new characters? I love Johnny and I like Sarah Brown (the old Carly that they brought back as Johnny's sister). This story could get more interesting now!

Today I did cardio and had an excellent workout. HRM is working perfectly which really helps with my workout. I did Cardio Coach #7 and even though I didn't go as fast as I usually do with the intervals, I still had an excellent workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 3 minutes
49 minutes in zone
432 calories burned !!!!
4.1 miles travelled
[/font]

Seen "Jumper" yesterday. It was ok, not as good as I thought it would be. Glad we seen it, though.

Lora - No, I haven't read the rest of yesterdays posts, I'll go check it out. Yes, I'm really liking GH right now. I love that Sarah Brown is back, I loved her when she was Carly way back when. I'm bummed they killed off Georgie, though. That one surprised me.

Linda - I did change the flyes to presses because my shoulders make this horrible clicking sound when I go heavy with flyes. It doesn't do that with pressed. Do whichever you prefer.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Deb - Great workout. Just got the email re: GH for the week and it does sound like it's getting wild again. We're going to see Jumper today.

Guess what everyone - NEW BARRY'S BOOTCAMP! I just ordered. I'm so broke now.

Hello Everyone,

This is the beginning of a new me! You can all hold me accountable if you'd like. I'm not turning back.

This morning instead of going out to McDonalds and getting a biscuit, I ate at home. I had one egg over easy, no salt. I had a small bowl of Rasin Bran (I know it has the sugar) with skim milk. That's my start for the day which is pretty good considering the way I used to eat.

I'm following Debbie's routine and this is what I did.

1 minute rest between each set

Chest
Incline Barbell Press:
65# - 5/5/5/5
These were very hard, but I did it!

Back
Overhand Barbell Row:
40# - 5/5/5/5
I probably could have went a little heavier on these, will see what I do next time.

Shoulders
Barbell Military Press:
15# - 12 (since I was lifting so light I thought it okay to go more reps(
25# - 10 (same as above)
35# - 5/5
I'm so so weak in my upper body with these. It's funny cause the chest press was difficult but I was able to lift heavier, maybe because I'm lying down???

Biceps
EZ Preacher Curls:
15# - 5
20# - 5/5
15# - 5
I did these on the ball and with db's since I don't have an EZ bar, don't know that it matters, I'm learning here. These were really tough for me.

Quads
Squats:
65# - 5
75# - 5/5/5
These felt really good, you see I upped the weigh on the remaining 3 sets!

Triceps
Close Grip Press:
20# - 5/5/5/5
I had trouble with these too, but something to work towards.

I feel really good after doing this w/o! Thanks Debbie and Linda, I'll be following your plan from here on out, I love the way I felt, and working out to my own music is so much fun! Cardio is on for tomorrow, and today hubby and I are going to get out and do something active since the weather is so nice!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Gonna go do some plyo's today! Went with daughter for a Top Model competition this morning for our county. Was proud of her.

Hey Toasty,

When will she here if she placed? Good for her, does she want to take that as a profession?

Have a great workout!

Good Morning, I slept late today. Workout was Turbo Jam Get on the Ball total body blast no stretch, power ninty X Kempo + no wup, then I did Sweatfest Balance Challenge premix, Tracey's Parts Series pilates, ab, yoga, stretch premix, Flexible warrior Athletic Warrior 3.0 Cycle segment.

Charlotte, that sounds like fun. How did your dd do?

Sandy, good job:) I hope you meat all of your goals.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Toasty - Love your new Avatar! If you straighten your legs and clasp your hands, you'll get a much better upper body stretch in plough.

Sandy - great to hear about your new eating plan. Good luck. Great workout.

Diane Sue - I slept till 4:00 am today! Didn't want to get out of bed!

Lora,

My legs only go so straight, but I get what your saying. lol.

Well my daughter will be judged on various things next week for the modeling. She wants to have her own hair salon which is really what she wants to do now...a punk hair salon. :p For now, she is also taking an interest in the modeling so we shall see what happens. In the meantime, I will help her with making sure she walks with good posture and to keep the attitude..."don't hate me cuz you ain't me"...lol. I say, stay happy, smile, don't look down, don't have your nose in the air, but look straight away and walk like there is no tomorrow...don't care who sees you, but know who you are, and be proud! Damn Proud! lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.