Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday 4/19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do a bit of low impact cardio and short yoga. I'm up early today cuz Brooklyn goes to the vet for surgery early.

Be back in a bit.

I'm back. I ended up doing Leslie's 3 Mile Walk - part on the Rebounder and part on the floor. I listened to Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder. Tried to keep my heartrate around 70-75% but got a bit carried away from time to time and put it up around 80-85%, but quicly brought it down since it's supposed to be a recovery workout. Workout was short at 42" and I burned 336 calories.

I also did Spinervals Flexible Warrior - Flexible Segment 38". My body's feeling a bit beat up today. I got nice and sore from that Kelly Coffey weight workout with the heavy lifting and maybe that KB workout added to it yesterday.

I'm gonna try to start taking 1 rest day a week next week. It's hard for me to do that, but I think I need to mess with my metabolism a bit since I'm holding onto these pounds for dear life. I'm sure some of it is muscle, but some is fat.

Diane Sue - what bottled salad dressings have you found in the store (light ones) that are lower in sodium and sugar? I've noticed that the Ginger Sesame dressing I eat on my Asian Salad's from McDonalds have a LOT of sodium and 10 grams of sugar! I don't understand why they have to put so much in dressing.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. Off to get my bath and then Brooklyn goes for surgery later today. I hate starving all of my cats like this. They keep crying for food and water. Poor babies.

Me again - just wondered what everyone's opinion is on HR's and cardio. I was reading this one fitness book and it recommends a lot of 70-75% HR Max for cardio for women with only 1-2 sessions including 85% or higher. Jillian Michael's book says not to do cardio unless you push it to 85 or higher. What's with all of the controversy and who's right?

Toasty - nope...not allowed to wear perfume oils to work or my funky nail colours that I like so much!!

Morning ladies. Just popping in to say hello.
I went back to the gym so i am never home and have not had time to get on this computer. Been too buisy here with tanning season..
Makes me crazy.
Been doing a total body day then cardio coach on the eliptical or treadmill..
Well, take care all. Check in when i have time..

Love having a smith machine to work out on...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

This is what I did yesterday:

1 min. rest between each set

TRICEPS
Lying Skull Crushers:
20# - 15 (warmup)
35# - 12 then moved up to 40# as 35# was too light and finished 12/12

Weighted Bench Dips:
45# Db in lap - 12/12/12

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
40# - 12/12/9

** DID THESE 2 min rest between sets**
BICEPS
Close Grip EZ-Curl Bar Curls:
50# - 15 (warmup)
70# - 10/10/6
Not sure why I couldn't do 70# in all 3 sets of 12's

Concentration Curls:
40's - 10/10/10

Hammer Curls:
30's - 10/10/10

Hard workout and felt like I might puke. My arms were really fried at the end.

TODAY I went on elliptical:

240 cals burned
30 mins
Levels 2-9 (random setting)
3.1 miles

Gonna work abs to Muscle Max and finish off my flowerbed.

Anne,

Nice to hear from you again. I know you were still working it as I know you are very busy at times. Hope your doing well.

Lora,

I found those imps. I have three I might want..Obsidian Widow, Nostrum Remedium and Slippery Poppy Tincture. Your job is weird. Knowing me, I would wear the perfumes anyways whether they liked it or not. I'm a rebel.

}(

This morning I am going to do Kickbox, abs and some yoga. I slept in later since I did not get to bed till 12 last night.

Lora, I am always in search for a lower sodium dressing. I have looked at some of those dressings and they have way to much sodium. A lot of the lower sodium ones have way to much sugar. Lately I have been looking at the types of fats in the dressings as well. Right now I am mostly using Newman's Own light Italian for a bottled dressing. Sometimes I use Target Fat Free Raspberry but it has 8 gms of sugars. There is a mandarin ginger one that I have purchased in the refrigerated section of of my grocery store that has only 75 mg sodium that is good. As far as HR it depends on the objective.

The Absolute Perfection Book I have explains it like this:

HR up to 55% (Healthy Heart Zone) In this zone energy burned is made up of 5% protein, 10% carbohydrates, and 85% fat

HR between 55 and 65% again in this zone energy burned is 5% proteins, 10% carbohydrates, and 85% fats

65 to 85% (aerobic zone) preferred training for endurance training
energy used 50% carbohydrates, 50% fats, and less than 1% is protein

85% and above (cardiovascular performance zone)
energy expended is 85% carbohydrates, 15% fat, less than 1% protein

Maximum HR training at near 100% of your max zone only burns 10% of fat,90% carbs, and less than 1% protein

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I finished my workout. We were going to go out so I shortened it up a bit:) I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout knockout mix whisn is all of the ko's and the final combo segment, core and str 44 minutes. I added on Spinervals Athletic Warrior Yoga swim segment 10 minutes.

Anne, good to hear from you. Figured you were busy with the salon.

Charlotte, good workout today:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs!

89 days until Tony Horton's camp in Las Vegas- WOO-HOO!!! I am continuing with a P90X style doubles rotation, subbing other workouts for some of the X ones. This morning I did the cardio and abs from the kickbox in 4 Day Split and this afternoon I plan on doing Chest and Back from the X. I am happy to say that I think I have finally got to the point in my clean eating journey where crappy food doesn't even taste good anymore:) The sad exception to this for me is sugar but we can't all be perfect ;-) Just need to be careful with that.

Lora-I hope Brooklyn is doing well. I know how you feel about taking food away from all the kitties-I just went through that this week myself.

Charlotte-Awesome workout! Oh, and I would probably wear the perfumes anyway too}( I just found the list you made for me in my purse so I will probably be heading over to BPAL a little later.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Coni

Hey Maniacs! This morning I did Slim Series Express "Core Cardio" and "Cool it off". I'm planning on a mountain bike ride later today. I've been mixing Jillians "Shred" workouts with "Slim Series" for the past week or so. Just need short workouts to go with the Mountain Biking. I also did CleanXtotheMax today while listening to the Blues station. I really out-did myself with the cleaning. Dh even said "Daaamn girl, you're really going for it!"}(

Lora- That's weird about your cat. In all my years of grooming, I've only seen one dog that was a hermaphrodite (Cocker Spaniel). It's quite interesting. Good luck with the surgery.

Anne- How is the new Salon coming along!

Char- Have fun putting in the flowers. It's almost time for that here. Still a little cold yet.

Diane Sue- Have fun going out today!

Coni- So, are you going to go to see Tony in Las Vegas? That's not to far from me (maybe 5-6 hrs). I'll have to head over to Beachbody and look up the info. I would LOVE to meet Tony! He's such a motivator. Good job on the clean eating.

Later....

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are having a good weekend! I've been so busy with work here lately, so I haven't been able to check like I would like to.

I'm still working out, but I'm doing the rotation that Debbie and Char are on now.

Diane Sue - Thanks for explaining the HR makes a lot of sense, I didn't know how all of that worked either! Have fun tonight, hubby and I are going out with some friends and might try sushi tonight.

Charlotte - Excellent workout girl. You're doing great with this!

Coni - That must be exiting to meet Tony and be a part of it all! Hope you sweet tooth calms down for ya. I have a problem with the sweets too, didn't know that sugar was in so many foods!

Dally's - Hey there! How do you like Cardio Core? Does it work your abs and back?

Hope you all have a great day!

Hi Sandy- Core Cardio is mostly standing exersices with alot of unique oblique twisting moves with weights. For example she does a woodchop move while doing a lunge. She does go to the floor at the end and does some lower back work. It's only 30 min. and not really that tough compared to the original Slim Series stuff. I did break into a sweat though, so that's good.:)

Brooklyn's home and she's not happy! I'm so upset that we have to take her back in 3 weeks for a Booster shot for the vaccine they gave her. Apparently, there's a deadly disease going around ....so if you take your cat to the vet, they need to get vaccinated. He came out with the testicle in the jar. He was going to give it to us. Said he took pics of it!! He said he's only seen this 3 times in his 28 years of practice. He explained seeing her incision from her ovary being removed....but apparently they must have never found the second one?? I'll be glad once the anesthetic wears off. We had one heck of a time getting her into the cat carrier. She's a super scared cat. Had to take the bed apart to get her and trap her in the upstairs bedroom .......she goes wild when caged. Poor thing.

Dallys - have you read Skwigg's blog lately? I ended up buying a copy of Red Carpet Ready by Valerie Waters cuz of her blog. I just got it the other day. I'm trying to psyche myself up for book workouts.......I'm not really into it right now....but I remember how much I liked Jillian's book workouts once I got into them.

Great workouts everyone.

Lora- Let me know what you think of Red Carpet Ready. I've been eyeing it too. I'm waiting to hear Skwiggs report after she's done with a rotation.
I haven't been into book workouts lately either. DVD's are just so convenient and it's hard for me to stick to rotations this time of year. I hope your kitty feels better soon. Cats can get crazy wild when they think somethings up.

Dallys - I meant to ask what you think of Jillians 30-Day Shred. Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness is a really good weight workout to go super heavy on. I'm really liking it lately. I didn't know Skwigg's was actually doing that rotation. I'll have to check it out. I thought it would be good to do before I get STS....but I just need to get motivated.

Diane Sue - thanks for posting about cardio. Looks like 70-85 is the best for burning fat (losing fat/weight?)) right? I think I'm gonna try my weighted vest on the treadmill tomorrow. Not sure how heavy to start with. It's gonna make me really hot though!

Hey Dallys-

Thanks- I just feel so much better now that it makes me wonder how I was getting through the day when I wasn't eating clean!

That would be awesome if you could come! I'm not sure if there will be a lot of info on the site as it's not a Beachbody sponsored event. The dates are July 18-20 and the location should be set up this week. There is a new thread about it on the P90X forums at TeamBeachbody.com. If you have any trouble finding it just let me know. I had such a blast at his DC camp a couple of weeks ago that going to Vegas is just to good to pass up:)

Lora- I'm really liking the Shred workouts. I haven't veered off into new instructor territory for awhile now, so that might be why I'm liking it. But, I really do love the total-body circuit-style workouts. I like to get it all over with in one workout. The music is just so so, and she talks some, but nothing to irritating. I just like that it moves fast and it gets it done in a short amount of time and the equipment is simple and easy. Her book seemed much tougher for some reason though, didn't you think so? Course, I've only done one workout at a time so far. I'll have to check out that Kelly Coffey Myers workout you suggest. I'm bored with my current DVD selection. Yeah, Skwigg is starting a RCR rotation. She says she has been sick since she got the book, but is now ready to start a rotation. Should be interesting as she always gets visible results no matter what she does.

Coni- Sounds like Tony's camp will be a week after my already planned vacation. I'll have to do some thinking about this. Thanks for the info. on which thread to check.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.