Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Saturday 3-27

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Didn't get much sleep. Worked late and I'm working open to close today, so I was up at 4:30 am. I did Sara Lurie's new one - Iron Core Warrior - workout 1with w/u and then I did the upper body segment off of 10 Min Solution Bootcamp. I added the... Goddess stretch segment to the end. Workout was 65" and I burned 404 calories. I liked this workout, although she only repeats one giant circuit 4times....sort of repetitive, but I liked the choice of moves.

Lori - I don't know if I necessarily have a favorite KB DVD. I'd have to say for cardio (lighter bell), I really like Extreme Kettlebell Cardio with Keith Weber. It's the only workout that I truly have to stop and catch my breath. I like Anthony Dilugio's stuff. I like Kettlebell Way Empire State cuz they do crush curls and a couple other moves I love, but I can't stand Beth Chamberlain. Lauren Brooks' dvds are good too. I really liked the Iron Core Warrior one I did this morning.

Have great workouts everyone.

Gm Ladies-
Yesterday was a HIIT workout which I used the ropes gone wild, outlaw 10' jump rope, and a 20 # kb. I did 15 rounds of 30 on-30 off, and a warm up walk w/ the dogs :D The ropes gone wild is REALLY sneaky. My hr got up to 170 :eek: I burned 421 calories in 35 min.

Today is legs at some point. I think I will do a plyo leg workout from STS so I can get a little cardio in too. I ate a little bit too much yesterday :D

Lora-nice workout. I need to get some of the 10 min solutions. It seems like it would keep you from getting too bored. Is the iron core a kb based workout? I may need to check that out.

Theresa

Hi ~ I have legs scheduled for later today, too (tri-sets). Last night I was all ready to do some cardio and ds came in to my workout room. He wasn't feeling so hot, so I hung out with him until he fell asleep. He's doing better, but I remember how long this GI stuff hung on with you, Theresa. If he has the same thing, it's a pretty nasty bug, huh?

Theresa - Your workout yesterday sounds tough! A good one. I know what you mean about intervals being "sneaky." Amazing how things can change in just a few seconds. I saw some clips on a kb site with BIG ol' ropes. Is that the kind you have? Have a great workout.

Lora - That was quite a workout to start such a long day. Thanks for your comments on kb workouts. Your workout library is ... amazing. A lot of times you'll mention something I'd probably never have heard of otherwise. I hope the tension is easing up at work some. I saw this blurb about extraneous "stressors" that get added to our lives. It was a list of ten things, I think. One of them was about "toxic" work environments. Boy, I sure thought of you. Hope its getting better.

Ok, I better go get started with my thing. If ds is doing something else, maybe I'll get some cardio in this evening. Hope everyone has a great workout and day!

I did Cardio Core Circuit Cardio Only Premix. It was a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. I was toast by the end.

Lori-It was a nasty little booger. I had stomach cramps for 4 days every time I ate, and then some very watery stool (sorry if it's too graphic). My stomach and abdomen churned, gurgled, and burned. No fever and no vomiting. Careful if he has the watery stool, if it goes on for 48 hours straight he needs to get a doc quick. Hope you have a good workout :D and I hope he feels better

Linda-CCC is a killer. I can't believe she said the HIIT's were tougher than the CCC. Good work.

I'll go ahead and post today's workout b/c I don't know how much I'll get back around here. I did plyo legs and this nearly killed me today, but I did it :D 44 min and 711 calories. Yes....now I get to eat party food w/o guilt. TTYL

Theresa

Linda - I'll BET that was something :eek: ! I haven't done that premix yet -- kind of appreciate the core work break.

Theresa - Wow. That was quite a calorie burn! Yah :D ! Enjoy your party, and thanks for the info. Not too graphic, it just is what it is. Your symptoms sound pretty similar to his, but his color is better today and his appetite, too. I'll have to ask again about his bathroom visits. He will LOVE having to talk to me about that :confused: " ...Oh my Gawd, mom :eek: :mad: !!" - But still, after reading your post, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Hermia - Hope you have a good workout today! I laughed at your comment, btw. I'm in denial about the toe thing, I think, and try to keep it off my "to do" list (or way, way at the bottom), at least for now. I've just sort of adapted to it. Not necessarily good. Mostly, I just have range of motion problems and get charlie horses in it when I'm barefoot, sometimes. That can make a yoga practice pretty ... interesting.

I finished STS legs, week 4, trisets.

Tri-set 1 (3 rounds):
Leg Press - 45 lb. barbell (used a chair that came to knee level - my legs are very long, and with a shorter step I was needing to go much heavier - this felt pretty good).
Wall Squats - pair of 30 lb. dumbbells
Slide back Lunges - pair of 23 lb. dumbells (odd increments are due to the adjustable db's I use sometimes).

Tri-set 2 (3 rounds):
Stiff Legged Deadlift - 70 lbs. (Went way conservative on this weight, wanted to bump up my squat poundage a little and didn't want to tire out stabilizers. Plus, will be doing dl's for back again in a couple days. Did toes elevated, instead of on a platform).
Side slide Lunges - 20 lb. weighted vest + 8 lb. db on first set - 10 lb. on last 2.
Narrow stance Squats - Pair of 45 lb. db's + 20 lb. weighted vest (This weight felt really good - Tough enough but my form stayed solid).

Tri-set 3 (3 rounds):
45' Lunges - 50 lb. barbell + 20 lb. weighted vest for first set - dropped barbell weight to 40 lbs. (kept the vest) for last two sets - that was about right.
Plie squats - 56 lb. dumbbell
Low Plane Lunges - pair of 30 lb. dumbells (the last set was pretty firey).

3 sets of calf raises (one leg at a time, 20 reps, varying speeds):
30 lb db (on my last set, the last couple reps didn't get full range).

This was my last leg workout for the Undulating Rotation. It felt really good! Sometimes I feel kinda worn out after legs but actually feel energized right now. One more STS workout to go and I'm done with this rotation entirely. I've enjoyed it.

Theresa - yes, Iron Core Warrior is a follow-up kettlebell workout that is meant to be an advanced workout. Sara Lurie has Iron Core 1, 2 and Express. The first 2 are easier for beginners. Warrior is meant to be harder as you progress.

Lori - work was horrid today. I busted my butt unloading 5 huge carts of stock and never took a break (and almost busted some faces...LOL). Well.... Tomorrow will definitely be kickbox workout of some kind since there was so much drama, fighting and trying to hold my ground and not get sales stolen from me. That place is a freakin' zoo. No offense to anyone that is "younger" here, but I'm a bit sick of working with 20 year olds that act like they're in kindergarten! This place is worse than school!!! I get sick of having to "go off" on someone daily. I refuse to get walked on any longer. I've had it!!!! and when I've had it, I get crazy.....maniacal! (if you didn't know, I work in Dillards Women's Fragrance and recently got assigned to the Clarins Counter. I'm having a lot of trouble with people not accepting the fact that both areas are now mine, as well as the usual "stealing" of customers that goes on there. It's so stressful.....but I'm passionate about skin care and perfume.....so I love that part of it!

Lora - I really don't think I could do it -- work in that type of environment. But too, I understand being passionate about something. I guess you're blessed in a way, to be able to do what you love. I think that's so important -- and hard, too -- a lot of people just don't have that opportunity. But "where" and "how" you have to honor that passion ... it just sounds horrible! Retail would be hard enough period (for me), but contending with co-workers that sound so cut-throat ... Ugghh. Takes a lot of strength to face that everyday you go into work. Too bad you can't set up your own shop specializing in what you love to do, or at least find a better (decent) place to work. Easier said than done, I know. Glad you at least have kickboxing ;) . Doing something that connects me to my physical strength almost always centers me more in my emotionally/mentally stronger side. That's probably vise versa, too. Anyway, I admire that you keep at it. I'm fairly certain I'd have left - passion or no - by now. You have backbone, for sure! Aside from co-worker/environment problems, are you liking your new position and getting comfortable?

Theresa - I don't think the HiiTs hold a candle to the CCC Cardio Only. I mean the breaks at short! And at 6 cardio segments per round and 5 rounds that 30 cardio segments with little breaks.:eek::eek::eek:

Lori - Thanks! How old is your DS? I know you told us before but I can't remember.:confused:

Linda - He's somewhere between 6 and 45, I think. Sometimes that changes every ten minutes ... :confused: . I'm hoping since you have kids you'll know what I mean by that. He's 12. And, he seems to be feeling A LOT better this evening :D :D :D !!! Also, how do you think the Cardio Core Circuit premix you did compares to an Insanity workout? Or does it at all? Just curious ... :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.