Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Sept 6

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Patricia Moreno's Kickbox Yoga Fusion. Workout was 60" and I burned 591 calories. I kept my HR around 85-90% and had an excellent workout.

Today is my last Saturday at work......the other girl quit her other part-time jobs and wants to work all of the Saturdays now.

On the home front, my DH served me with divorce papers and hasn't been living here since 8/21. I filed my response for divorce and retained an attorney. It was quite expensive, $3000....which I had to charge on my Mom's Visa and owe her.

I also did not get my application accepted for the apartment complex I wanted to move into. I don't make enough money.....go figure. Not sure what I'm going to do.....but I'll probably live here for a couple more months and then I might move into my friend's extra room as a temporary thing. I'll have to store all of my stuff at my Mom's....as I won't have any room for anything.

This has been an emotional rollercoaster for me....but I have been keeping up with my daily workouts. I had a few less than stellar workouts last week due to mental exhaustion/stress....but was feeling much better today. I've hardly been getting any sleep .....only 3 to 4 hours a night.

I'll try to stay more consistent with my checkin's...but my life has been super hectic lately.

Have great workouts everyone.

Chest-
Pushups X 2
Decline Static Presses X 3
BB Presses 5 X failure (6/5/6/6/5)
DB Flyes 2 X 8

Back/RD-
Rack Pulls 3 X 8
High Pulls 3 X 8 (superset with)
Neutral Flyes 3 X 8
Sgl Arm RD Flyes 3 X failure (12/12/10)
Cubans 3 X 8

Tri's-
Lying Extensions 3 X 15
(these really get hit well with the standing pulldowns and pullovers on lat day)

Misc-
Reverse Curls X 2
Wrist Curls X 2

5, 30 sec Jump Rope Intervals (.. I really need to add some more calorie burnin' in there im getting pretty smooth :)

Lora- Im sorry for all that you're going through stress and all.. at least the workouts are one thing you know you can always do-- they're free and never make you feel guilty :) good luck!!

Morning All,

Lora - First, it's nice to hear from you. I keep thinking about and wondering how you are doing. I am sure this is a tough time, but just hang in there and things will get better soon! Nice workout!

This morning I did 4DS Double cardio.

Today was Back and Biceps and I had an exceptional workout. My right shoulder is bugging me, though. Not sure what's up with that. It's hard for me to lift my elbow out to the side. It feels like my rotator cuff. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I think doing heavy lateral raises may be irritating it. So with those specific types of exercise I guess I'll try to go lighter.

1:30 minute rest between each set and 4 minute rest between going from Back to Biceps.

BACK
Barbell Overhand Rows:
80# - 6/6/6 (up 5#)
75# - 10 (up 5#)
70# - 12/12 (up 5#)
***These felt good. Low back felt really strong this morning.

Pullovers:
51.5# - 6/6/6 (up 2.5#)
49# - 10 (up 4#)
47# - 12/12 (up 7#)
***I got my 45# dumbbell and loaded it up with all my magnets and one 2.5# plate. It looked hilarious.

Chinups:
10# - 6/6 (no increase)
5# - 7 (up 2 reps)
BW - 9 (up 1 rep)
***These felt good this morning, I felt pretty strong with them.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
62# - 6/6 (up 2#)
57# - 10 (up 2#)
52# - 12/10 (up 2# but lost 2 reps with the last set)
***Love seeing how heavy I can go with this exercise. It is my most challenging exercise.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
25# - 6/6 (stayed the same)
22's - 10 (up 2#)
17's - 12/12 (up 2#)
***Stayed the same with the first 2 reps so I could move up with the last three sets. This exercise feels great but burns big time.

Dumbbell Preacher Curls:
22's - 10/10 (up 2#)
***Last two reps of each set was a real struggle.

That is all....

Lora - Good to see you posting. We missed you. I'm sorry you are going through all this. Keep your head up, it will get better. Also, your Avon is on backorder. I'll get it out to you as soon as I can.

Hope you all have a great weekend! My rest day is tomorrow.

Today I did a shorter than normal workout. I wanted to get done and spend some time with my granddaughter's who spent the night. I started with 4Day Split High Intensity Step w/up and cardio then did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness cardio premix that includes the abs skipping the w/up. Workout was 1 hr and 7 minutes and I burned 477 calories. I had some abdominal pain last night and when I did the ab segent from Kelly's today I think it was from sore upper abs. This is really unusual for me. Feels better now after working out. The abs I have done this week was both segments of Amy's Step Challenge III using a 15# db and tubing, and two time doing Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam abs:0 I really did want to do back and calves today. Maybe I will get them in later, but am watching grandson and the baby:D

Lora so good to hear from you. I hope when you finally get settled a lot of your stress is gone. Glad to see you are getting your workouts in. I am sure that is a great help. Miss you on here.

Hey Maniacs!!

Lora,

So very good to hear from you. You are one tough woman! I admire you for still doing your workouts and moving right along with what you need to do for yourself. This is only gonna make you stronger in the end...just remember that.

Well I am gonna be posting two workouts since EVERYONE is hogging the computer here at home. lol

Yesterdays:

LEGS
Squats
185# 6x's
205# 6x's
175# 10x's
165# 12/12
** went up 5# for each**

Sissy Squats
3 sets of 12

Static Lunge
115# 6/6 (this was so hard..I thought I would die, lol)
100# 10xs
90# 12/12

Leg Ext
80# 12/12 (went down just because I know I need to hit the 12 reps and fatigue was setting in very fast after the squats/lunge,etc.)

Deads
100# 12/12 (went down in weight..again to meet the 12 reps head on)

Abs on my own..various moves

TODAYS WORKOUT:

BACK
BB Overhand Rows
65# 6
70# 6/6
65# 10
60# 12/12
**I went down in weight because last time felt my form was alittle off as weight was too heavy, but I ended up keeping the weight 5# heavier at the end as compared to 55# last time**

Pullovers
45# 6/6/6
40# 10
35# 12/12
**same as last time**

Chin Ups
10# 6/6 (assisted...I am having a hard time doing chin ups now..need more practice..this is disappointing me)
Finished out with Lat Pulldowns instead:
80# 10x's
70# 12x's

BICEPS
BB Curls
70# 6/6
65# 10x's
60# 12x's
55# 12x's
**went up in weight 5# for the last two sets and finished with 12 reps this time as I know this rotation wants you to get to the rep mark**

Concentration Curls
45's 6/6
40's 10x's (did 2 more reps on these as I know I need to be at 10 instead of 8 last time)
35's 12/12 (did the 12 reps this time instead of 10 reps last time)

Preacher Curls
55# 9/9 (I TRIED SO BAD to get to 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrgggh...just could not make it to save my life)

ABS: various moves on my own.

So very tired now. Tomorrow I start my liquid diet to get ready for the colonosopy on Monday.

Dang, you ladies are maniacs for sure! lol! I do not know how you pick up some of those weights, let alone do multiple reps with them. I just finished my workout, Amy's APX chest and shoulders and the first half of Tracey's Core Strength and Conditioning; I started with 20 lbs dumbbells for the bench press and had to go to 15s by the third set because I was having a hard time hefting the twenties up by then! little wrists, lol

Lora, hang in there. I hope your workouts are making you feel better, but don't push it if you haven't eaten, for example. I don't know if that happens to you or not, but when I'm upset I have a hard time eating, and then if I workout I get light-headed. I hope things work out with a place to live, but that's cool you have a friend whom you can live with for a bit. That's probably a really good idea because then you can save some money and have one less immediate worry (finding a new place). Things will start getting better for you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.