Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Sept 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

Today is supposed to be my rest day. I might go do a bit of cardio on the Rebounder and some yoga. Be back in a bit.

I ended up doing Tae Bo Celebrity Sculpt while listening to Papa Roach Getting Away with Murder- modified some of it on my Rebounder. It was a bit awkward doing it with my cast/boot on. I did the best I could. My DH got the button unstuck on my HRM (but I'm not sure it's going to keep working). I kept my HR at about 75-80%. Cardio was 43 minutes and I burned 280 calories. I then did the stretch segments off of my Fitness Fix DVD (10") and the foam roller massage segment 15". Now I know why I don't pull my foam roller out more often (but I should) - it hurt soooooooo bad on my quads and glutes, etc. Yikes.....guess I needed it. I finished off with Yoga to Go on the Yuba River Gentle Practice 45".

Diane Sue - the one place I can't seem to get on my foam roller are my hamstrings. For some reason I can't push my weight into the roller properly to feel it. I never have been able to feel this one. Any suggestions? When we were doing calves with the roller, she said it would help prevent plantar fasciitis. At the end, I stood on the foam roller to get the bottoms of my feet......and it felt good on my fasciitis. Where did you get your Foam Roller and how much was it? I'm just wondering for replacement purposes, as mine came with my Karen Voight DVD set a while ago and it's starting to get some wear.

Toasty - so sorry to hear about your FIL. My prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. It's in deed a stressful time for everyone involved. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there.....sniff your oils, keep doing what your doing exercise wise ........and hopefully that will help you deal with everything.

Deb - Here's some songs to download off of Getting Away with Murder by Papa Roach - my fave song - Be Free, Blood, Not Listening, Take Me, Getting Away with Murder, Done With You, Scars, Blanket of Fear, Tryanny of Normality, Do or Die. That should give you a good listen to almost the entire CD which is pretty good. Enjoy!! Let me know what you think.

Have great rest days or workouts everyone!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Obviously did not get in my workout yesterday as I planned so I will try to do after work. I am o.k. to go to work. I just finished mowing. I like to stay busy and not focus on sadness. At the same time, not really sure this is a sad time. Afterall, the suffering is over and FIL is at peace now. Life still goes on.

I have to clean FIL's house and prepare house for selling. May need to call an auctioneer as FIL did not like to get rid of anything. lol.I will be extremely busy trying to keep our home cleaned..his clean and work. Not sure how I will do it all, but ya'll know I love challenges, right??? lol. Not to mention my workouts so I hope this overload of work doesn't age me too much. ;)

Hi lovely Hardcore ladies! [font color=darksalmon size=+2] Really miss talking with all of you![/font] I have been a mess of busy lately. Work (I got a promotion in August) has been NUTS, overwhelming and stressful (but somehow I still like it) and my dog developed cancer of the liver, spleen, and lungs and is going through 12 weeks of chemotherapy, which has been a rough road so far..with highs and lows on a daily basis. Needless to say my workout calendar has been almost blank for August. I have gotten stonger over time with what I have managed to get in and actually ordered more weight for my barbell! :) YIPPEE! Hope you all are doing great, since I have not had much time to read up on posts anymore.

CHAR-Just happened to look over yesterday's thread this morning on a whim and you're the reason I am posting today. I am so, so sorry to hear about your FIL. It sounds like you have a good bit of work ahead of you to tie up everything. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that you were able to be with him at the end. I am sure that must have been so difficult for you but I am also sure it was more peaceful for him to know you were there. My sympathies to you and your family.

Have a great one ladies and keep on inspiring! :) (Including those of you I have not had the pleasure of meeting yet. ;) ) I will try to do better about popping in every once in awhile.

Good Morning, today is a treadmill run, abs, and yoga Stretching. I have some things I want to get done around here. Kind of like bonus cleaning LOL

Charlotte, you are strong and I bet you manage everything. I have read some of your past posts and wondered how you got those workouts in after all of the cleaning and outside work. I know what you mean about keeping busy. It is much better that dwelling on something that you cannot change. Take care of yourself.

Lora, have you tried leaning more on one hamstring and shifting the angle on the roller. Maybe you are just not hitting a tight spot where it needs it. I don't feel it very much in my hamstrings but they do not get that sore. It is usually the upper outer thigh area that gets sore. I think my foam roller is a 24inch one and it is a GoFit one I purchased at Academy Sports. They have them at Target too. I paid 19.95 for it. It came with a dvd but the dvd just shows 25to35 minute segments of several different moves that can be used. I found more exercises doing a search. They have a variety of foam rollers at fwonline.com . I ued mine yesterday before I started my workout and before I did my stretching later yesterday. It does make the feet feel better:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - yes, it was killer on the foam roller on the lateral quadriceps for me. I couldn't stand it. Most of my hamstring soreness is at the top where they meet the glutes, but when I'm running, it seems to be worse.

Toasty - good for you keeping busy. Can't your DH help with your FIL's house stuff? What's going to happen with all of his dogs? Will you try to give them away to good homes?

Jen - Hi girlfriend. I posted to you on the Yoga thread. Hang in there with Lenny.

Well, I woke up with just a little tightness in my upper back so I decided to workout. As the workout went on the pain got worse but I kept going. I'm feeling ok now, it's hurting a bit but not to the point where I wish I didn't workout.

[font color=red]Back[/font]
Close Grip Pullups:
Chins:
Wide Grip Pullups:
[font color=blue]***Only did one set of each because by the time I got to the wide grips I really started to feel the pain creeping back in. I'm really happy with my pullup numbers but wished I could have done a few more with the wide grips.[/font]

T-Bar Rows:
50# - 12 reps
60# - 10 reps
70# - 3 sets/8 reps (up 5 #)
50# - 12 reps
[font color=blue]***Felt the tightness in my upper back doing these.[/font]

Pullovers:
35# - 15 reps (up 5#)
40# - 12 reps (up 5#)
45# - 3 sets/8 reps (up 5# and 1 set)
[font color=blue]***These felt good, kind of stretched the area that is hurting when doing the overhead motion.[/font]

[font color=red]Shoulders[/font color]
Barbell Press:
55# - 10 reps
60# - 3 sets/8 reps (last week was 8/7/7)
[font color=blue]***These felt good, I usually struggle with this exercise but today they seems easy.[/font]

Wide Grip Upright Rows:
55# - 10 reps
60# - 8/8/7 reps (added one set - last week was 7/6)
[font color=blue]***I love this exercise.[/font]

Lateral Raise:
15's - 12 reps
20's - 2 sets/10 reps
[font color=blue]***These irritated the pain a bit so I only kept it to 3 sets.[/font]

[font color=red]Traps:[/font color]
Nothing - did not want to do shrugs because I have a feeling that is what caused this pain in the first place. I'll wait until next week and then do shrugs again.

All-in-all I felt like I got a pretty decent workout despite the pain. I'm buying some Icy/Hot patches today, those seem to help a lot with this kind of problem.

Good morning ladies!

DH & I rode with my cycling buddies and his cycling buddy this morning. It was great to have my girlfriends back, albeit a little sad since my girlfriend lost her baby (at 15 weeks). We went 35 miles. It took us 2 hours and 12 minutes. It was pretty windy, of course. As usual I couldn't breathe. I swear those inhalers don't do a dang thing. What's the point?

I'm going to lift legs today for the first time all summer. DH is reading The Cyclist's Bible and it recommends lifting legs heavy one day a week on your hard ride day. He is still on me about not eating enough protein (or enough anything) so I have to increase my protein intake (he said just adding in an additional protein shake before I go to bed so my muscles can rebuild while I'm sleeping - sounds good to me). He thinks this is going to help me even more on the hills since I still struggle.

Charlotte - I'm so sorry about your FIL. You've been through so much with him. You are such a strong woman. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm with you on keeping busy during times like these.

Lora - THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE your little surprises! :) Yummy!!! You're gonna have us all hooked. I'll have to figure out which one I really like so you can tell me what my "scent" is so I know what to look for in the future.

Debbie - Great workout! Be careful with your back.

Jen - I'm so sorry about your dog. :( That must be so tough.

Off to lift legs and then take a shower. I hope my legs can hold up after that ride!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Deb - I'll listen to Love Hate Tragedy and see what the best songs on that one to make sure you have those also.

Suz - I didn't really have a lot to choose from in my samples....so I'm not sure you have some of "the best" ones.......but I hope you ended up getting an idea of what you like. Enjoy the workouts. I know that won't be until Winter though.

Lora - Actually I did the first workout you sent me already. On those rainy or foggy or just way too windy mornings sometimes I'll choose a Spinervals workout instead of a CompuTrainer bike workout. So the next time I ride inside I just may try this one. :) I LOVE a new workout you know. Maybe not quite as much as you. :p

I'm gonna have to try those on to see how they do on me. I think you mentioned they don't give you headaches like regular perfume. That must be nice! I have to be so careful.

I still haven't done legs. We decided to hop in the hot tub and then my protein shake had worn off some so I just had some soy sausages and some raspberries (see, more protein) and NOW I'm gonna drag my lazy butt to the basement. I think it's gonna be hard to lift legs on days when I ride hard. I'll letcha know.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

I finished my workout. I did my own interval run 5 and a little over a quarter mile. Then I did Abs on my own 3 sets each 45# barbell rollouts on toes 10 reps, hanging knee raise with 10# med ball 15 reps, Bowflex resisted crunch 50#resistance in each hand 20reps, and banana holds with 3# on feet and a 10# dumbbell in hands holding for 30 seconds. I finished off with Yoga Shatki warrior 3&4, standing back bend prep and back bend flow 1, and lunge.

Suz - did you like the Spinervals you did? Which one was it? RE: the oils........I think depending on how certain notes affect you, it may or may not be headache inducing. I just think they are less likely to since they are 100% natural essential oils. No synthetics. That being said, some of them can be sort of strong when first applied since they are so concentrated. I've never had that problem, as scent just evaporates into my dry skin and I have to slather myself in a scent. Some people can have a sample last a long time.......but a sample only lasts either 1 wear with touch ups or 2 wears for me! What sort of notes do you like? I'll try to ask for some samples with my next order of blends with those in them so I can pass them onto you.

Deb- Listened to Papa Roach's Love Hate Tragedy and it gets better every time I hear it. Here are some songs off of it (in case you don't have them yet). M-80 (expolsive energy movement), life is a bullet, time and time again, walking thru barbed wire, born with nothing-die with everything, she loves me not, singular indestructible droid, code of energy. Also - here's the track listing from Paramour Sessions -- just in case you missed one - To be loved, alive, crash, the world around you, forever, Time is Running out, what do you do?, my heart is a fist, no more secrets, The Fire, Roses on my Grave (left off Reckless and Devise my own Demise....cuz I know you have those).

Lora - Thanks! I'll check them out. Have you ever heard of Seven Dust? Download the song "Denial" - it's awesome. I'm going to download more of their songs next week when I go back to work. :)

Deb - yes, they play SevenDust on the digital cable rock station. I listen to it when I'm on the computer and I love SevenDust. There's another newer band called Adema (spelling?) and a song caught my "ears" today but I have to hear more from them before I decide I like them. They play a lot of Sevendust on that station. I'll have to watch for the names of the songs for you.
ETA: I see they have one other CD out (their first one from 2000). It's called Infest. I just ordered it used off Amazon.......so I'll keep ya posted.....but it's more rap/rock sounding then their other stuff.

Diane Sue - Shoot woman! No wonder your abs look so fabulous. :) Awesome workout. Great run too. Do you listen to music when you're on the treadmill? Have you tried Relpax for migraines? I got another one today, probably b/c I took Albuterol before our ride. I took Relpax b/c my neurologist wanted to see if it worked better than Imitrex without giving me those icky side effects. I got no side effects but I'm not sure how it worked. I took it and then went and did my leg work. It got worse so I took a nap for about 2 hours and I still had it. Then DH and I went to McDonald's and I got one of those Southwest Chicken salads (that was good) and it was about 95% gone by then and now it's almost gone. So maybe it eventually worked or maybe it was the nap (which usually doesn't help, of course). I sure liked not having the side effects. I have one more sample that I'll try next time I have one.

Lora - The Spinervals I did was the one you sent me - Lean and Mean. The one with Brenda in it. :)

Suz

Suz, yes I listen to music. It differs with my moods. Today it was more of a hardrock radio station (Pantera, Coldplay)Sometimes it is classic rock. I do listen to some country and most of the time my radio in the car is set for contemporary Christian music. I like almost anything:) I usually read but when I hit the intervals I abandon trying to read:) I have not heard of Relpax. I will have to ask dd to check on that one for me. I hate taking Imitrex. It makes me tired and takes a day or so to get past the side effects. I don't mind so much having a nap once in awhile or taking before bed but hate dealing with it the next day too. Also when we have something planned I avoid Imitrex because I know it will mess with me. Hopefully it works for you. I love those SW chicken salads.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.