Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Oct 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I should have taken a rest day (I'll start next week - cuz I really do feel like I need them), but I have to go to a baby birthday party tomorrow (yuk) so I'll probably eat cake...so I wanted to do aerobics today. I did Seasun's Rock Steady Step for 45 minutes and then core/abs from Seasun's The Next Step and stretch followed by Yoga for Surfers II (45 minutes). The yoga workout actually had me sweating. I couldn't believe it ...especially since it's freezing cold outside.

Charlotte - I meant to ask you....did you say you liked or didn't like the Villainess in your message the other day. It seemed like you said you didn't care for them and then went on to say your favorites were....etc. By the way, I hate Nightshade....and it is my least favorite. I thought that was funny. I only like the foody/gourmet blends in bath products and lotions. I'm weird like that. I love the Scintillating one vanilla/mint is nice in the morning shower. I ordered another bottle of 13 last night, Snow Maiden and a bottle of Hellcat....as well as another Treat Inquisition! Yikes! Did you see the Yule update? Let me go grab it for you to check out. (Here's the link - they are towards the bottom - a lot of them have notes unknown to me -- so I'm really taking a risk with my ordering of these - thank goodness for E-bay).
http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/limited.html

Diana Sue - is that a rabbit in the picture you posted yesterday evening? I hope your ab workout comes today. What time does your mail person come? I only have the first 2 combinations in Rock Steady Step down and I'm learning the 3rd one without the turns. I don't know if I'll ever master this entire tape...but if I don't - I'm usually happy if I can make it thru the coreography for 40-45 minutes and get a good workout. I really like the 40 minutes that I can do though. I really like Seasun's choice of music on her workouts and the way she teaches.

Off to soak in the tub. It helped my sciatica last week, so hopefully it will help again. We're going to see a movie later and I have E-bay business to take care of (although it's been really slow lately).

Have great workouts or rest days.

Hi Debbie~

I just pm'd you!!! Don't know if I put my email in with my msg, so I'm sending you that too.

Hello Everyone!

been having a hard time getting on here, so I don't think I'll be posting as much as I'd like to, but I will continue reading whenever I can. I don't have my own computer, so when I'm home I have to use my daugher's and if she's home I hate to bother her, she does all her school work on it. Anyway when we get one of our own, I won't be able to post until around 6 or so in the evening and I don't know if everyone would even be around at that time, probably be with their families.
Anyway looks like you're doing good as usual with your w/o's. Love the reviews you give so I will continue reading like I said earlier to see how everyone is doing, cause everyone here does motivate me.

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning,
Today will be cardio probably some treadmill, abs and stretch/yoga. We got a puppy Thursday She is lab and great pyranees mix. I am getting very little sleep because at night she is really having separation anxiety from her littermates. She is cute and lovable. Doing well otherwise. Even gets along with the bunny. Puppy's name is Mudd and bunny is Harvey.

Lora, I have usually end up stopping about 25 minutes into Rock Steady step. I always feel I am not keeping my HR up because I am so busy with the moves. I have went through the entire workout once. Still I like it. Yes, as I posted at the start that is a rabbit. He is litter box trained and roams around. He will be 1 year the 4th of Nov. I bought him last December. My mail usually comes between 10 and 12 sometimes it changes though.

Sandy, sorry you are having computer problems. I was wondeing where you were. Post whenever you can. I enjoy reading what you do with your workouts.

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

This morning I did Low Max. My HR monitor's battary died so I didn't get to see what calories I burned. Oh well. Had a good workout but I'm having a real hate relationship with cardio lately. I don't look forward to doing it at all. My treadmill is ok, maybe because its something different. But when I know I have to do step, I dread it anymore. : (

Sandy, got your pm. Need your email address.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Debbie - Ooops I did forget to do that. Just pm'd you with it.
Thanks!

Diane Sue - I know I hope we can get a computer soon, and then maybe I could post more, but then it would be in the afternoon. We'll see, but until then I'll get on here when I can. Like today my daughter is taking SAT's so I am able to use her computer. I'll be reading about all of you maniacs, and just know that that keeps me motivated too. Have a great weekend!

Lora - Sounds like you're gonna have a great weekend too, cause you won't be at work. Relax, enjoy and have fun!

Hi to everyone!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

It is almost afternoon now. Did my strength training yesterday. Today is legs...probably bbm and coremax 1. Dh says he will do coremax 1 with me.

Lora,

I do like the villainess stuff very much. I am trying to get dh to use the villainess soap that smells like a new car, but he says it smells too girly and looked at me like I was crazy. lol. I will check bpal for the new stuff. DD will want to peek too. I can't believe you got more trick or treat stuff!!! I hope you like them. I got to get rid of Perversion. Only smells like baby powder on me. Such a shame as I really wanted to like this one.

BTW, Dh, myself, dd and boyfriend went to see The Guardian last night. Very good movie. Son was working at Theatre. He will go see The Marine with dh today.

Debbie,

I got to catch up with you on the pm's. Got busy yesterday. I might have to do lowmax on another day. Great job! I hate cardio, and you thought I liked it???? lol. I understand though.

Sandy,

Nice to hear from you!!! Keep checking in as much as you can.

Diane Sue,

So good to hear you got a new puppy. I just checked in the paper and there are Jack Russell Terrier pups for free and Cockapoo's too. Gosh! I want another, but dh says no cuz his dad has three poodles and when he passes, we will be getting them. So I can imagine you being sleepy with the pup. I remember Stinky was this way too and I had to sleep next to the kennel to keep her quiet from waking up everyone else. Hope you get more sleep tonight. You always seem to have enough energy though....amazing woman!!!!

Hello to all that follow.

Charlotte~~

Hey you Maniacs! Not sure what workout I'm doing today. It's stretch day, but I think I might to a Turbo Jam, but Dog also is desperate to get out of the house, so who knows what I'll do.

Sounds like everyone is working hard today. Diane, the pup is a cutie!! Love the Brindle color and his name.:)

stayed up late and watched Phyco 2. It's was pretty corny. Norman, it's your mother calling. Kill the girl! Whatever. LOL!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I forgot to say DH posted a picture of the puppy and bunny on yesterdays check in. So far I have ran 3.25 miles on the treadmill. I had to take the puppy out and collect the mail.

Lora, I got the dvd. Thanks so much. I am taking it back to the workout room to start in on:)

Diane Sue

Hi Diane Sue:

Just popping on here to say it did my heart good to see you have another puppy. Where does the brindle color come from? Know you will enjoy her.

You hardcores are all awesome on here. I love reading your thread each day.

Deb, I've been doing your One-Body Part a Week Rotation again, did it some months ago and AGAIN getting good results. I now have GS so that's making it better. Thanks for creating these rotations. Know lots of gals on this forum use them. I love doing shorter cardio segments along with strength. I'm not a real cardio lover myself, but I'm really liking Christi Taylor step and hi-lo.

Lora, I love your reviews, what can I say, we all look to you for your opinion of them and you are usually one of the first to get anything new that's out. I enjoy reading about your perfumes. Was curious if you work with other ladies that might not like the scents. I work with a lady that is super sensitive to most everything and she will let you know if it's bothering her (and she's in the next room). Do you have to deal with this to?

Charlotte, you made me laugh with your comment about your DH and the new car smell. I can just picture that look of "are you crazy?" Do you get that a lot from him LOL?

Must run, just popping in.

Hi to everyone, love reading this thread.

Jeanette :7

Diane Sue,

I just checked out your new puppy and bunny picture. I cannot get over how much your puppy looks like my Stinky. The coloring is the same. Thank Bill for sharing. Hope you enjoy your new dvd Lora got ya.

Netta,

Very good to hear from you again. Still burning them legs of yours up hills, huh? Yeah, my dh gives me funny looks from time to time because you never know what I will say. lol. He loves it though.

Bionic Yoga Woman,

Gosh darn it! Didn't get a chance to watch any freaky movies yesterday, and I wanted to. I had on The Most Haunted off the Travel Channel this morning, but too figedity to sit down to watch. Maybe I will catch a good one tonight. I think there is gonna be one on the Sci Fi channel...do you get that channel? Something about a Ghost Prison?

Charlotte~~

Diane Sue - I'm glad you liked the surprise. I'm anxious to see what you think of the workout also. I can't believe you can't get your HR up with RSS. Mine was already at 136 during the warm up and stayed around 152 during the workout. This workout bothers my sciatica though. She does a lot of bouncing and jumping and I really go to it to make my HR climb. I tend to do my step really bouncy like Seasun. I know it would drop when I start getting lost though...but I've got the first 40 min pretty good...so I'm happy with that!

Debbie -I HATE when my HR monitor breaks. I feel like I didn't even work out if I can't make sure I'm working hard enough. I'm addicted to mine.

Charlotte - Glad you like the Villainess. I have a couple big bags full of soap! I got your PM. I guess if I had to pick only a few of the Yules, it would be Snow Maiden, Jolaveinar (very curious about this one and if my gut is right - it will be lovely), Lick It Again, and the Winter of Discontent. Midnight Mass and Jacob's Ladder are from last year. I like both of them also -- especially Jacob's Ladder. I guess I probably didn't help you very much. LOL. Did you also check out the What's New Page? There are some new catalog blends and a couple of them sound good Love Potion: The Temptation, Excolo: Mania and Diabolus: Horreur Sympathique. I ordered samples.

Netta - I usually don't have comments (other than compliments) on my fragrance except occasionally when I touch up a scent in the afternoon and put a bit too much on (like the other day), especially with a stronger scent. I really don't care if people don't like it anyway...I need aromatherapy to make it thru the day!! LOL.

Good evening, today dh and I are both free at the same time. I went back and finished off the treadmill run at 5.25 miles. I then did Tracey Staehles core workout and Yoga X starting at the crow and finishing out (36 min). I really liked Tracey's core workout. it has an 5 min w/up which includes low back work, and 6 min stretch at the end. It is 46 minutes total. I think it will be a little while before I add resistance to this one. Those long sets and static holds had my abs burning. The planks on the stability ball were tough and the push ups on after on the ball were tough. I really felt this which was surprising to me as I rarely feel the burn doing abs.

Netta, glad to see you on the check in. The parents of the puppy were on premise. There was another male there as well. I imagine there is something else there but we don't mind. We could have chosen a pup that looked a lot more like the lab and great Pyranese but liked her coloring. So are you still riding your bike a lot and going camping?

Charlotte, Stinky is cute. We had an english bulldog a long time ago. She was so cute. I read recently that they were calm by nature and thought that was not true of Pugly. She would run and dive bomb sprinklers and grab the swings with her teeth and swing. Loved everyone though. Our kids grew up with her.

Lora, again thank you. That is a good workout and I know I will do it often. I could see the scratches on it and could see why you called them. I have had this happen but not that many scratches so I just let it go. I won't do that again because it was not long before it did affect the playback. I sent one of the dvd's to www.rubberdisc.com though and it came back working great. I am still enjoying the fragrance:) I always try to pick a fragrance that makes me feel good. Makes my day better.

Hello everyone!

Gosh, seems like ages since I've checked in with you all. But I do read more often than not.

Diane Sue - I'm so happy to see you have a new addition. What a cutie!

I love reading about all of your workouts. You motivate me so much. I know I say this a lot. :)

Today we took our annual fall cycling photo. I posted it in the Workout album on my picture trail (since I don't know how to paste it in here like Bill does - Bill???). These are the gals I rode with all summer in the mornings, and also my good friends. It's now too dark and too cold to be out in the mornings. Of the four of us, I'm the only one who actually rode after our picture. One gal just had surgery, one gal had a flat at the end of the season and has yet to fix it and the other gal was going mountain biking with some boys and wanted to save her legs. So they all showed up with full makeup and their hair done (except for the one going mountain biking). I only did about 22.5 miles, but it was awesome to be outside on my bike. I did Power Hour yesterday and it really didn't seem to affect me - doing legs the day before a ride. Probably b/c I haven't been riding much. We just bought a hot tub last night and my sore muscles will like this in the future.

Have a great night!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey guys! Well I got home today and took a nap with DH while the boys were sleeping! That was the time I intended to WO, but I had to listen to my body. Been rough lately. But, happily, I had a good day, and things are hopefully looking up a bit, knock on wood!

I did do some good abs with weights tonight while watching TV.

Well, I think I just might love to get that ab WO after DS's review! The puppy and bunny are cuties too!

Charlotte and Deb, I know the weights make you guys feel great and pumped, but don't you get any kind of "good feelings" after a good cardio WO? I think that is what keeps me going with my cardio. Well, I certainly NEED it! LOL!

Sandy- hope you can be around more soon!

Suz- nice pic! I bet the scenery for you is beautiful!

Netta- hey there! Have you sold your horse yet? Mine threw a shoe and has a pretty tender foot right now. Giving him some extra TLC lately. Hope he gets better soon.

Randi- both WO's?? That's awesome. Bet you feel that one tomorrow

Lora- you guys really have pushed me over the edge now LOL! I know you have posted links many times, but I never wrote them down. Could you post another link to these scents? I really want to try some. Maybe you could help me find one. I will think about what kind of scents I like, and maybe you could point me in the right direction

Anne- hope you have had a good day. ANother busy one?

Dallys- so you like the scary ones too? We should all get together for "movie night" LOL!

Well, I hope to be around posting a better WO tomorrow. Have a good night.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Oh wow! What a day for me. No workout whatsoever. Went shopping at an old mill with mom and sister. Came home with a table cloth and a harvest candle. Ate homemade french fries and turkey sandwich with cranberries for lunch. It was a witches day out celebration and the whole mill and surrounding shopping houses were in full decoration. It was a fun day. No scary movies for me today. Just scary people shopping! It's 9;15 here and I'm sure all you other maniacs are in bed asleep. Except Diane sue and her puppy. LOL!!!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.