Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Nov 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

Forced rest day for me. I slept in cuz I turned my alarm off and then I had computer problems all morning. I'm probably going to do some Kundalini Yoga and stretching.

I'll be back later.

Megadoo - www.BPAL.org has a thread under BPAL Chatter that is called Click and Ships and it is pinned. That is where everyone posts their orders shipping. I just got one for my Friday the 13th order so they are working on the 13th of October.

Here's the link for Bitter Moon & Purple Phoenix in case anyone is interested.

http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/limited.html

Diane Sue - I guess that's a good reason to do lying leg work....guess I better keep doing it!!

I'm back. I ended up taking my rest day and just did some Kundalini Yoga. I did Ravi and Ana's The Ultimate Stretch (45") followed by Dancin the Chakras - Sweat and Glow Premix (45"). These both felt really good.

I'm feeling really guilty about taking a rest day, but I have to work next Sunday for a few hours in the AM, so I'll probably have to cut my workouts short next weekend .......therefore, not sure I'll take a rest day next week.

I'm also really mad at myself for not using heavier weights yesterday for that leg workout. My legs are hardly sore. They've felt sorer from the Plyo I've been doing. It's not like I don't know better...cuz when I first started high rep training...I didn't lift heavy enough for my upper body and didn't get sore....so next time, I made sure I started out too heavy and just dropped my weights down each time I hit failure and this worked better!!

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to get my bath. I'll be back later. My usual routine today....movie and E-bay business, although the movie selection stinks!

In case you guys missed it, my Amy Bentos shipped yesterday....which means I'll most likely be doing new Cathe's and Amy's next week. Now, that should make me sore!!

This morning I did the cardio premix of Low Impact Circuit. What a fun workout that was, and easy to learn. Loved the music!! She does a few new step moves in this one and they were really fun. My HR was up there the entire time. I used two sets of step risers. Workout was 54 minutes, was in my zone for 45 minutes and burned 307 calories. Was happy with that! I was going to do the abs in this workout but Aunt Flo is paying me a visit and I am cramping pretty bad today. I'll do it tomorrow or check out the stability ball abs in her other workout. Maybe I'll do that.

Have great workouts everyone! And a great weekend!

Good Morning hero's!

Yesterday was my cleaning day. Today I think I will work my chest/abs. Not sure about legs yet. They are better. Not as sore.

Debbie,

Oy! Aunt Flo? LMAO! Nice workout. You burned alot.

Lora,

Just checked out the goodies over at BPAL. Gosh, she has some nice ones out. Why does she do this to me?????

Went over my calories and I am taking in about 2800-3000 a day.

Hope you all have nice workouts for those who haven't worked out yet.

Enjoy your rest day Ms. Bionics!

Charlotte~~

my picure trail. more will be added today. took fitness pix at the gym and some from boston yesturday with my class. we walked the freedom trail for history.

www.picturetrail.com/secky_gymnast

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Great workouts everyone. Now I really feel guilty for taking a rest day!!!

Charlotte - I'm pretty safe from this update. I only wanted Purple Phoenix and Bitter Moon. I've tried all of the others and since Beth's jasmine and vetiver don't work on my skin, that rules those out. I'm not big on rose.....so there rules out another. The only one I remember liking out of those is Glasya.....but not enough to hold onto it once my collection became mammoth. I think you'd like Glasya. I also liked Typhon but I could smell the vetiver so I got rid of it. Feu Follet is nice but again not good enough to keep in my collection. I also liked Glitter....but again...not enough to keep. Good luck......I'd say get the Lunar, the Phoenix, Glaysa and possibly one of the lighter weight ones like Feu Follet or Glitter. You can't go wrong with the Lunar and the Phoenix (they sound great) Good luck.

Finished my workout this morning. I did Low Impact Circuit Premix upper circuit no str., Body Max2 upper and abs, back to LIC and did the abs and stretch. I aded weights to the ab work. I also upped the weights on the upper body work. Boy those snow angel side plank moves are tough after working upper body, I had on my she weights as well and my foot had a hard time raising up:). I had used 20's on the biceps.

Charlotte, last time I checked my calories they were around 2200-2400 a day. I bet the supplements you are drinking adds quite a few calories.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hello ladies!

Brrrr....I'm so cold today. I was cold this morning but wanted to ride outside, so DH and I hopped in the hot tub. Then he decided to ride with me. It was beautiful out - about 49 degrees and no wind UNTIL we hopped on our bikes. Just before we left the wind picked up. I thought it a great idea that we go anyway. DH pulled for the first 7 or so miles and then he was spent due to the 20mph winds!!! I told him I'd pull for a bit (which he never lets me do, being the gentleman he is). He was too cold and turned around and went home.:( But I really wanted to get 20 miles in so I kept going. It took me 47 minutes to get out and my entire ride only took 1 hour 14 minutes. Crazy wind. On the way home I was freezing! So guess what I did when I got home - hopped in the hot tub AGAIN! I was warm but then we went to eat at Blimpie and now I'm freezing again. But I'll wait until later for the hot tub b/c I have to clean bird cages. Boo!

Hope you're all having a great day. Charlotte I hope you get that house sold. I'm glad you all are getting the new workouts b/c I am enjoying all of your reviews of them.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Yes, the shakes alone equal about 1500 cals if I drink two a day and then my additional 1500 food, etc. And my pants still continue to fit the same way. I will have to buy more in a size 3 or 1's now.

Nothing on the house. People didn't show up and no call from realtor. Don't know what is going on. Feel like I am on a merry go round.

Suz,

I bet it is cold there. It is cold here today too. I see you are still enjoying your bike rides. I stopped biking for now as I am trying to bulk more, as you probably already know. Sounds like an invigorating ride.

Lora,

I am getting 5 of the oils. Probably tomorrow. We are going to see Man of the Year tonight.

Ya'll have a great evening. Talk more later. BTW, I did the ab work from LIC and BM2. I will work chest/legs tomorrow instead or Monday. Weekends are hectic as dh likes to workout too.

Charlotte~~

Well, i did Drill Max.
Did good till the last drill. I was getting tired.
Of course she saves the best for last. Mountain climbers.
I had a hard time with the knee in push ups, but i did the dive bomber. (Don't know what i looked like).
I did walking lunges like in B&G. I did not have enough room to do 4 walking lunges. 3 is the limit or i bounce my face into something.
My heart rate was around 150 during most of the drills.
I wish i had hardwood floors. The matts make it harder to jump. I think it is why i have to lower the step height alot.They are really cushy and throw me off balance at times.
I can do an 8 on Lo-Max, but none of the others.
Oh, the 1 legged squats on the wall were tough. I think it is the unstability of the ball. I was a shakin.
I stayed where Cathe is . May eventually heavying up , but not untili get the w/o in.
The tick tocks w/ the ball i had to grab a smaller ball. I hit the ceiling.
Over all it was a good w/o. I was soaked w/ sweat.Not a major weight w/o though.I would say more toning.
I think a remake of bootcamp, 2006 style.

Is the mountain climbers those squat thrust things? Boy I think they were almost tougher than the terminators or whatecer Cathe called them on Bootcamp. My ceiling is not that low but I have to watch where I am standing when I swing the ball around or I hit the light fixture:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Nice job Anne! Sounds like a fun WO.

I completed L&G, using my 5lb ankle weights. Yes, some moves were a bit tough LOL!! Hope to feel it tomorrow. I then did Coremax 2, then Coremax 1, using the ankle weights. Although, the one move in CM2 where you hold the ball with your feet and move it to the right then the left, yeah, not happening with the ankle weights LOL!! Have to work up to that.
Unfortunately, I think I strained my neck. I stood up after I finished and had a slight headache, then felt the pain in the side of my neck. I always support my head in all the core/ab moves to hope to prevent that, but maybe I was getting fatigued and sloppy. Oh well, just stood with hot water massaging it in the shower, and now will ice/heat it. HOpe it isn't to bad in the mornign. I will just be careful.

Hey, Anne, can I join your injured/whimpy check in LOL???

Great WO's everybody. Goodnight.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.