Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Nov 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning - no rest day, as I'm still hoping I"m going to the concert Monday night and if so, Tuesday will be a rest day, as all I'll have time to do is get ready for work in the AM. I did TurboJam Kickin' Core. I kept my HR at the high end the entire workout - mid 150's to low 160's. I had a lot of fun. I really like this workout a lot. You do a Turbo (interval) right before you start the standing core work - so no time is wasted -- you use the standing corework as your cooldown - my HR stayed elevated into the 130's during the corework and then she takes you down to the ball for more ab/back work. I wasn't playin' today - cuz I want sore abs!! so I used my 8 pound med ball. Now I just have to figure out how to add more intensity to the standing part. She uses the Swiss Ball and I think if you used a med ball for weight....I don't know if it would take away from the wide reach of the arms and make a difference.???
I burned 360 calories in 45 minutes.

I also did Baron Baptiste Journey into Power Volume 2 (45"). This was an okay workout. I'm trying to branch out and use different practices since I always reach for the same ones over and over. I felt like I needed an additional stretch, but my DH wants me to be ready to go early today, so I stopped after the yoga. I did do a few splits at the end of my practice to get an extra strech in my legs.

My DH & I went to the Mall after I got out of work yesterday and knocked out almost all of our Christmas shopping (we don't mess around). I got a pair of Doc Martens on sale at Dillards for $39.99 and a pair of pink Converse tennis shoes to wear with jeans (they're funky - I likes them). I also got a hoodie from Buckle (my favorite store) and a pair of low rise BKE Star Jeans from Buckle. That's about it for me this year -- I'm getting athletic shoes and I'm done.
Have great workouts or rest days everyone. I'll be back later.

Good Morning
I am sooooooo tired I went bar hopping last night didnt get home till 3:00am and I have to go to work at 8. I think i'm on a rebound I gave like 5 guys my # and I dont remember who they are, I'm so stupid! One was a bouncer, I like the big guys who like to workout:) but i'm sure they're a@# holes! I got way to drunk I had diet coke and bacardi and a some shots of vodka. I work till 5 and I'm going to do mix and max on cardio fusion and sweat out all my alcohol!
Have a good day, i'm hurting right now i'm going to get some energy drinks (sugar free though) before I go to work:)
You ladies are the greatest!!!!!!!!
Randi

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did Ab Ripper X and worked legs:

3 sets/8

Leg Ext 80#
Hamstring Presses 55#

3 sets/10
Deep Squats 130#
Plie Squats 130#
Deadlifts 115#
Reverse Lunges 110#

Today we are going shopping. DD went yesterday with her friends. Not sure if she is going with us too, but we are all taking off here before too long. The plan is for Drill Max today. I have DOMS in my glutes this morning.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning,
This morning I plan on doing Low Impact Circuit. I think I will do the whole thing. I mostly wanted to concentrate on upper body but if I remember right there are some compound moves you miss on the premix. I also want to do a Turbo Jam and some yoga.

Lora, that sounds like a fun workout. I love core workouts:) Could you wear weighted gloves while doing it to add a little extra?

Charlotte, good workout. If you have doms in your glutes just wait till you get through the Drill Max:D

Randi, be careful with the energy drinks after the alcohol ok? Not real good for anyone's blood pressure. I hope things start looking up for you. Enjoy your workout. I hope you get a good sweatfest in:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning I worked bi's and legs using negatives. Had a great workout. This is what I did:

Bi's:
Dumbbell Curls: warmup set - 10's - 2 sets/15 reps
Dumbbell Curls: 22's - 10/4/4
Zottman Curls: 20's - 10/4/3

Legs (Did not work with negatives on this, just straight sets):
Squats: warmup set - 85# - 1 set/12 reps
Squats: 95# - 3 sets/10 reps
Hamstring Curls: 50# - 3 sets/12/8/8 reps
Plie Squats: 85# - 3 sets 12 reps

Workout was 53 min., was in my zone for 23 minutes and burned 201 calories.

Lora - Wish we were done with our shopping. We haven't even started yet.

Char - Great workout! Awesome poundage for that leg work!

Randi - You be careful with the bar hopping. So many freaking weirdo's out there!

Diane Sue - Have a great day!

Got a baby shower to go to today. Weather is beautiful! Hope you all have a great weekend and workouts!

Hey Maniacs! Not sure what I'm doing today. I'm just so freaking excited that everyone has left the house. I was getting that "way to much family time" feeling, if you know what I mean. LOL!
I'll probably end up doing a massive "CleanX to the MaX" workout!}(

Lora-
I loved this comment from you, "I wasn't playin' today - cuz I want sore abs!!" That cracked me up. And your shopping comments were also very entertaining. I can't wait to get the new TJ's. I happy you liked the one you did today. Great calorie burn for 45 min.!

Randi-
Hope you got that bar hopping outta your system!;) LOL! YOu don't want to fall prey to some jerk on the rebound! You are way to good for that! Remember, you need to take care of yourself. You are worth way more than some stupid beefed up guy.:)

Bionic Toasty-
Great leg workout! You are an animal! Have fun shopping!

Diane Sue-
Have a fun workout!

Debbie-
Great workout for you too!

Hi to everyone else!:)

I finished my workout. I did Low Impact Circuit and also did the bonus cardio, then Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix(no w/up or str) then Yoga Shatki Basic Flow no Shavasana.

Debbie, great workout. Warm up is 85# way to go:)

Dallys, enjoy doing clean Max.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

You guys are absolutly right! I did get the bar hopping out of my system it was just good to go out with friends but it wasnt worth the drinking.
Oh and a couple guys asked me what gym I workout at and I told them I workout with Cathe Friedrich. They were confused they didnt know who she was.
RAndi

Hi Ladies - Well, the Christmas Shopping is officially finished! I got my Saucony athletic shoes this afternoon. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow morning.

Dallys- I'm glad you found some humor in my post. How's your microderm sponge doing? I did a whole 90 sec. today and no redness whatsoever. Do you notice any difference in the clarity or tone of your face yet. I've been using this Arbordoun Cream on my face with it and I love the results of them together. They make a Silky Day Lotion and a heavier Calendula Cream for night. It's very inexpensive also. I bought some for my Mom for Christmas cuz I wanted to introduce her to it. www.Arbordoun.com.

I got a new workout today that I had on preorder. I don't know how I'll fit it in my current rotation (cuz it doesn't really fit). It's called Burn Baby Burn with Philip Gray. It's a high rep, light weight workout with cardio/core work, etc. I'll preview it later.

I also got a BPAL order today! A Huge Box!! They combined all of my pending orders into 1 box...........which can only mean a major update is on the way for BPAL.....as it always happens that way. I'm testing Purple Phoenix and Bitter Moon right now.......both very unique.

Randi - Sounds like you are getting things out of your system. To be young again!! It's been so long since I've gone bar hopping, but I've done my share back in "the day". LOL.

Where's Toasty?

ETA: Saw Deja Vu today with the DH. Pretty good movie....but weird. I liked it. ALSO - my ABS are starting to get sore!!! YAY!

Lora-
Funny you should mention my microdermabrasion sponge. I've been the laughing stock of the weekend! I REALLY over did it. Everyone has asked me if I have a sunburn. My face was so red and raw yesterday it was hilarious. We went to the movies and I was trying so hard to cover my face with my new Bare Minerals. LOL! Then today, my face is kinda rough and still tender. I used the blue side ever-so-lightly, to smooth it alittle. I'm sure I'll look fabulous in a day or too. ROFL! Then I happily gave my son and daughter one and they looked at me like I'm sadistic or something. Like, try this, it won't hurt you, you'll love it! }( Anyhoos, I obviously need to figure out how to use it without buffing 10 layers of skin off at one time.:) I know, I know, you warned me.:+

ETA: I'll have to investigate that lotion you mentioned.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora,

I'm here. Just got back from shopping. Went to Hollister and DH said to buy EVERYTHING I wanted so my son had clothes up to his nose as he held them all for me. Sales lady asked if they were all for me and I said, yes. She looked shocked and so was I at the cash register. It was so much fun. It was a rush! I am still flying high. Got my Villainess soaps too in the mail. Going to see Deja Vu tonight.
Talk to ya'll more later.

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.