Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat May 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Off to do some cardio, yoga and maybe Squeeze or some type of lower body work.

Be back a bit later.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Did it again...hurt my neck doing legs/back from P90X. The pullups get me everytime. I substituted lat pulldowns in the past, but I haven't done the pullups in a long time so I did good, but must be doing something wrong everytime I do them.

I have a interview today at local grocery store. Hopefully I will get the job with gas prices being as they are..I would not want to travel far to work. I will let you all know how it goes.

I have to mow today..should take 40 mins compared to 5 hours where we lived before and I would like to do some biking today.

I ended up doing CIA Amazing Hot Stepping with Nekea Brown 60" and then I did Power Squeeze lower body and abs followed by Aligning the Upper Body Anusara Yoga with Lauren Mones. Burned 400 calories during the cardio.

Gonna go soak in the tub. I'm a bit sore from that Sharon CIA workout yesterday. I think I hurt my shoulders (injury area) from going too heavy on rear delt flies (as usual) and pushups irritated it also.

I'm doing my normal Saturday routine.....movie will be Next with Nicolas Cage. Instead of posting on Ebay though, I'll be getting stuff ready to sell over at LiveJournal. Seems like some of my regular Ebay customers belong to that Forum.....and they are all mad at Ebay for not allowing decants be sold any longer. It's Ebay's loss too....as I used to pay them quite a bit of money monthly!

Have great workouts everyone. I'll be back later.

Charlotte - was that job in the paper or did you just go apply? I'm going to start looking at places like that closer to June. I hope we both find something!

Lora,

It was posted on the door into the store and I had to apply online for it. I would prefer working in the deli dept even if I have to wear a dumb shower cap thingy. If working as cashier, what if I don't know what something is and then I have to ask someone who is away..I HATE THAT. I like to rely on myself to get things done..not others. If they are not around when I need them and I don't know what I am doing, I will get really red in the face and want to fight! lol. So I think deli is more for me. Geez, I have to analyze everything, but that's me! lol.

I hope you find something to you like and close to home. Gas prices are just insane. DD waited on me yesterday at her job. She works at the vets and I took our Ms. Pudd down there for her yearly shots. She likes it there. She is treated royally.

Charlotte~~

Toasty - who gets treated royaly? the daughter or Ms. Pudd??? LOL. If i can't get a 9-5 secretarial job.....I'd love to work in my fave store in the mall, Buckle. One can only dream. At least I could get a discount on clothes. Wonder if they'd hire me?

Daughter is what I meant. The mall is about 40 mins from here..just a bit closer then before, but not much. Would love retail too. Yes, I know..a dream. Well 1 hour to go and then I go on the interview. I am not nervous though..not yet. lol I hate being examined under a microscope..don't you???? People staring right into your soul. LMAO!

Charlotte~~

Started Week 1 of the superset's rotation I am doing. Wow, this is going to be one intense 4 weeks. I was dying by the end of this workout. This is what I did, 1:30 rest between each superset:

Chest:
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 75#
Superset with
Incline DB Fly: 25's
** Did that for one set of 8 reps, wasn't heavy enough so I went up to 80# for Press and 25's for Flyes - 2 sets/8 reps

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 75#
Superset with
Flat DB Flye: 25's
**Did one set of 10 reps but was too heavy so went down to 70# for bench press and stayed with 25's for flyes - 2 sets/10 reps.

Decline DB Press: 25's
Superset with
Decline DB Flye: 22's - 2 set/12 reps

Triceps:
Dips: 65#
Superset with
Lying DB Tricep Extensions: 15's
**Did that for one set of 8, upped the dips to 75# and did extensions with 15's - 2 sets/8 reps

Close Grip Press: 55#
Superset with
Kickbacks: 12's - 3 sets/10 reps

Overhead Tricep Press: 35# - 1 set/12 reps
Superset with
Tricep Pushups: 4 (WIMP!!!!)
***Did this for one set and then dropped to 30# for Overhead Press and did one more set of 12 and 5 reps for Tricep Pushups (WIMP!!!)

LOVED this workout! I am FRIED!

Hope you all have a great weekend and workouts!

Char - Good luck with your interview!!! You go girl!!!

Debbie,

Your workout is really rocking! I am going to do Cathe's Strong as a Bull workout..I still have the rotation in the basement. Thanks for the luck with interview. I hope I get it.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, I did not get to bed till almost two this morning. We had our son in law's graduation then dd had rented a cabin and had a reception there. It was a long drive home and I had to get a wedding present wrapped for today. I ate junk because that is what there was and I had not had dinner. I should have filled up on the cheese cubes:) Today I am going to try Kimberley Spreen's absolutely kickbox. Then I can see what size bodybar I think I need. I told my dd's that I wanted one for mothers day. I think they are going to give me money. They don't appreciate looking for my fitness gear. Funny dd was telling us that her dh is always trying to tell her stuff about fitness and diet. She told him he forgets who she grew up with (referring to me) She already knows that stuff. She has been working hard at losing weight. She uses her treadmill and recumbant bike.

Charlotte, I hope you find a job close to home. Those gas prices are killer. You sure don't want to work just to buy gas. I need a house closer to the families & schools just because of all of the driving. That is one reason we thought of moving. Still we love our house.

Lora, I hope you are able to sell your oils there so you can have some of your spending money back. Too bad about e bay. It really doesn't make sense to me.

Debbie great start on the Super Sets. I love doing super sets.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Deb - Is this another magazine rotation or did you make it up? What exactly is it (if it's not too long to explain). You amaze me with your workouts and dedication. As I've said before - wish I was not ADD girl and could workout without following a DVD. It would take me 5 hours to do a 1 hour workout! LOL. Speaking of rotations - what rotation would you recommend for me? I was thinking of following one loosely.....meaning .....weight day -- upper body, weight day - lower body, weight day - supersets, weight day, low rep...etc. cardio interval....cardio steady state. Which one do you think would be a good one to follow like that and just use various DVDs? My goal is to lose body fat, increase definition (as usual).

Charlotte - good luck! Hope you get hired. How could they not love your "soul"! Just be yourself. Your charming, dahhhhhhhhling! Oh..I think my Lady Luck Blues order shipped. Hopefully that's what is on it's way and it should be here Monday. Can't wait to smell it.

Diane Sue - What did you decide to do with Tracey's Sculpfest? Are you adding weights to the standing legs? Ankle weights to the leg floorwork? Med ball to the ab work? If so, how much? Thanks for the well wishes regarding selling my oils. You're always so kind. Also, any ideas for a rotation (like the above question I posted to Debbie)?

I heard a rumour over at Videofitness that Tony (from Beachbody) is working on adding some DVDs to the P90X library. Maybe about 4-5 or something like that. I guess he might be getting ready to film. Isn't that exciting.

Dallys - speaking of Beachbody - Slim Series Express is now available over there.

Hi All,

I haven't posted here for awhile. It's because I'm just not where you all are yet and feel until I get there I'm not true to myself to post here. I will soon, and I do read your posts almost everyday, so I'm keeping up with you all.

Would like a suggestion on M&F. How much is it, for how long do you get the magazine, and can you do their rotations with a Marcy Smith Machine?

I'd like to try that.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, healthy and tip top shape. Love reading about your lives. You are all so inspiring. Because of you, I work hard.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Today I did the Kimberly Spreen Kick box workout. I think next time I will do the premix that has the combat intervals with the cardio KB. I felt like it was good. The kickbox was really not that new as far as moves. Next time I will wear my weighted gloves and add a little to it to get the hr up. Loved the Combat moves and the core work was good. I like standing core work and there was a good
amount here. I do not have the body bar so wore my weighted gloves and used the lat tower bar from my Bowflex with ankle/wrist weights wrapped around the center area. This worked well but I think I need a body bar. She suggests nothing over 9#. I want at least 10. She moves pretty fast so I do not think I would go heavy on these or I might lose for.

Janie, glad to see you drop in. I do wish you would stay. No matter where you are at, you are still working hard. The dedication alone to stay fitness oriented is hardcore to me. That is how you make gains. Please stay around. I have learned to accept that there is always someone that can use more weight than me, run faster than me, or go longer than me. It does not matter. We all are working toward a goal for ourselves and it may not be quite the same as someone else. But there is always something to share.

Diane Sue - did you preview Criss-Cross Cardio over at Collage? I think they have it. That's the other kickbox i like from CIA. It has some different things in it (I think) and does a better job getting the HR up.

Lora - I got the rotation out of the newest M&F mens magazine. Its four weeks of supersetting but each week you do it differently. For instance, this week you work the same body part doing supersets. Next week you do opposing muscle groups. I really don't know what rotation to tell you to do. You might like the newest one I put out on the forum or the one Cathe put out there. Both are meant to bring out definition and lose body fat.

Hey Maniacs! I'm so mad! I hurt my elbow again. Get... This... I did it while... DUSTING!!! I could almost cry!
My dd has been here and we've been running around all day, so I haven't had time to workout. I've basically only had time to feel sorry for myself with this D$#% tennis elbow.:p

Janie- Please stay.:) We loved having you around here. Everyone here is different in their strengths and weaknesses. Don't feel like you are not there yet. It's all about the journey and everyone is at a different point in the road. Like I, quite often, get stuck at a 4 way and linger there for a long time. LOL!

Lora- I did order the New SSex about a week ago. I'm hoping they will be good for short days or add ons.

Toasty- Here we are again. Injured! WTH? Hope your's isn't to serious. I know mine will be here for along time. I'm sure it will affect my workouts somehow. Did you hear back from the Store? Hope you get the job.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora, I will have to check out Criss Cross cardio. I do not know how you stick with a rotation when you have something new all of the time. Takes me awhile to learn the ones that I have:)

Dallys, I am sorry you have tennis elbow. I had that a few years ago and went to the doctor for it. I think I wore a brace. I have not had that happen since then. Sad that we get agressive with something and then we are in trouble. I hope you return to normal quickly.

Hi ladies!

I did Ripped today and loved every minute of it! My energy was really good and I felt like I got in a great workout. Went heavier on almost everything. I need to invest in more weight for my barbell. I also downloaded a workout from podfitness.com. I put in my "profile" and it gave me a circuit training workout. It then syncs the workout to one of your ipod playlists and voila...there's your workout set to your favorite music! It was a good workout and I liked the instructor. I listened to it and did most of the moves (at a MUCH slower pace to get a feel for it) before I did Ripped. The workout was bootcamp style and featured jump rope, squat thrusts, wall sits, hamgstring curls, ab work, punching drills, jumping jacks, plie squats, and side lunges. My only complaint was that it seems to move slightly slow between exercises, when there were only a few transitions (like after squat thrusts) where you actually need the 30 second rest periods in between. I can see increasing the intensity by adding some compound exercises (bicep curls with hamstring curls) or by jumping rope during the transitions. It was just too cool to have my own soundtrack for once......really kicked up the motivation. I will go back to the site before my free trial (Shape magazine offer-21 days free) expires to download more workouts. I also could see joining for a month or two every once in awhile to get some new workouts. (Yeah, I know, that's how they get ya'!)

Janie-Good to see you! Hope you stick around! You are EXACTLY where we all are.....doing the best we can every day.

Diane Sue-What you wrote to Janie was very eloquent! (clapping hands! ;)) Couldn't have said it better myself! Funny story about your dd and dh.

Dallys-You hurt your elbow DUSTING! Don't come to my house...you'll end up in a full body cast! LOL! Hope you feel better!

Deb-Great workout! Enjoy your supersets! I don't envy your next four weeks....but I am sure the rewards will be worth it!

Char-Good luck with your interview! That's is great that your dd likes her job so much...you don't hear about that too often.

Lora-I posted the above over at yoga too. I think you would like the podfitness workouts, so now you've got to get an ipod!!! :) I am like you-I need something to follow and it was really neat how it infused the workout to your music. I am sure all the exercises would go well with Buckcherry! :)

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Blame it on my short term memory!

Jen

Jen, sounds like a good workout. I love feeling like I really put in some effort and got a great workout. I have Ripped Slim & Lean and Ripped to the Core and I keep the weights as high as I can go and always feel like I get a great workout. I can'r wait for the new one that will be out in September. It is based on Super Sets with very little rest:) The down loads sound good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.