Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat May 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I overslept. My rotation calls for a 50 minute walk and stretch. I'm going to do a Cardio Coach and walk it. I'll be back later. I hope I have time for some yoga and/or pilates.....not sure.

Diane Sue - thanks for the Magic Bullet info. I was going to buy it and then I saw that it is $100 OMG!!!!!!! That's quite expensive. I don't have a blender......but maybe I can talk the DH into buying one at Walmart (but I doubt it). You make the drinks sound so good. I'd like to try the iced mocha protein drink but I don't drink caffeine...so I was glad to see yours was sugar free and decaf!

Good Morning
Did Imax 3 last night it was hard because my legs are still sore from B&G! Today is SJ&P I might do boot camp instead not sure for some reason SJ&P isnt one of my favorites I think its the music.
Off to work:(
Randi

Well, I ended up doing Cardio Coach 3 but I didn't walk it! I don't know what made me think I could actually put a CC in and walk it! Sean is so motivating and I never turn down a fitness challenge.....so I ended up doing it on the bike. I've been wanting to see if the bike still flares my sciatica....so - I guess I'll find out. I extended the steady state at the end. Workout was about 54 minutes and I burned 327 calories. I then did my own stretching. I also did Quick Fix Pilates Abs 10" and tried to use my Pilates ring for some of the exercises (need to find a good Pilates Ring workout). I also did Janis Saffel's Beverly Hills Yoga 45".

Deb - I remember you said you got a Magic Bullet a while ago. The website Diane Sue provided sells them for $100 plus shipping. Did you find one somewhere cheaper? Is your week of recovery over? What do you think of GH lately?

Diane Sue - I think I will probably email a suggestion to Tracey on the weight workout. I'd like to see both a functional fitness type one (like she's done in the past) and a heavier traditional type one......I guess I want it all. I will be happy to see a High Intensity Step Mix 2 with some breaking down of the steps! Never could learn the first one.
Hi to everyone else. We're going to the cheapo theatre today to see that movie "Reign Over Me" with Adam Sandler. Have no idea if it will be any good. I can't even look movies up on the Fandango site on my computer anymore....as a lot of webistes don't load properly on this old piece of crap computer.

Have great workouts or rest days.

Morning ladies... I tried to say hello yeaterday, but had a wompin day... 9-7:30. I am whipped. I am going to enjoy the weekend..

Char, you are getting into bad topics... LOL..

Dallys, spoiled dogs..

Everone else hello.
I am planning on 1 of 2 things a hike with the grandson and the stroller or Muscle Max...

Have a great day..

Remember the birthday. I uploaded a few pics...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is biceps/triceps and abs. My neck is still alittle out of sorts so hopefully it will improve.

I apologize if I offended anyone yesterday in regards to libido's/ men aging. I am feeling my own frustrations and feel like dh and I are completely opposite on that level, but should have kept it to myself.

Anne,

Your pictures are nice and crazy. lol. Looks like you had fun.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, today I am doing Cardio and some stretching. It is going to be a busy day. We have a birthday party at 1 and then afterwards we are going to clean and paint dh office at work. That will probably be our weekend project:)

Lora, here is a link to a magic bullet at Target. It costs less. Generally if you buy off their website you get the juicer and a larger blender pitcher which I don't really use. I have tried the juicer and it was nice. My first one I bought at Target. It lasted a few years. I just had a part on it break and dd gave me her second one as when they purchased for 100 dollars off television they got two complete sets. I avoid caffeine most of the time as I have a hard enough time sleeping. I only use it if I have to stay awake for something:) The thing I like about the individual serving blenders is that they seem to grind the ice up much better than a full size blender. The bullet does an excellent job. I had a hamilton beach one before that that wasn't to bad.
http://www.target.com/gp/search.htm...=magic+bullet"&url=index=target&ref=sr_bx_1_1

Anne, it looks like you really had fun:) You look so young. I vote for the hike with the grandson and stroller. I bet that would be a workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Well, the week went by pretty fast, but at times dragged on because I wanted to workout so bad. This rest did me good, though.

Today started week 3 of the Superset rotation I'm doing. This week is Tri-sets and this is what I did. 2 minutes rest between each tri-set:

Chest:
Incline Barbell Press: 90# - 2 sets/4 reps
tri-set with
Incline Dumbbell Flye: 30's - 2 sets/12 reps
tri-set with
Decline pushups: 20 reps/10 reps (these KILLED!_

Flat-Bench Barbell Press: 90# - 2 sets/4 reps
tri-set with
Flat-Bench Dumbbell Flye: 25's - 2 sets/12 reps
tri-set with
Regular Pushups: 12 reps/10 reps (both were suppose to be 20 reps - yea right!)

Triceps:
Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions: 45# - 3 sets/4 reps
tri-set with
Kickbacks: 12's - 3 sets/12 reps
tri-set with
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 20# - 3 sets/20 reps (these BURNED!)

Then I did the ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunsh and used 15# for the woodchops.

Felt great to get back at it, I've missed it. Hoping for major DOMS tomorrow!

Lora - I got my Magic Bullet at Target for $50. It was on sale at the time. I'm bored with GH, wish they'd get some new storylines on.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Morning Maniacs! Today is another Slim Series, I think maybe "Firm It Up". I also want to go on a bike ride. Had a dream that I did barbell shoulder presses with 90#'s! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oy!

Lora- Make sure you get a "good" blender as they will not all chop ice well. Ice is a blender killer. LOL!

Anne- Wow! That's a long day! I don't know how you do it. You are a hard worker, that's for sure. Have fun with the Grandson.

Diane Sue- Have fun at the Birthday Party and have fun painting(if that's possible, lol).

Randi- Have a fun, whichever workout you decide on.

Debbie- Great job on the workout! I'm itching to get back to my other rotation also. I've got 2 weeks left of Slim Series and I don't know if I can do it. LOL!

Toasty- I guess I'm guilty too. Pm'd you.

Hi to everyone else!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora,

I got the imps today. THANKS! I really really really really really really really love Boomslang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is PERFECT! Chocolate and Snake Oil..oh my!!!! To die for. I need a big bottle now. Dh loves it to and when he smelled it his eyes perked up so WOW..THANKS! I like Coral Snake too and what a lovely apple smell for the fall. Thanks for Empyreal Mist. Not sure I have that one, but it is very nice.

THANKS..THANKS..THANKS!!!

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - glad you like it. My 2 fave's from the Snakepit are Temple Viper & Boomslang with Coral Snake 3rd. Empyreal Mist is nice for this time of year......thus the reason I threw it in.

Diane Sue - Now that you have me obssessed with this blender drink stuff....I borrowed my Mom's blender (still can't afford the one from Target -- at least until I get a job for a while) - what setting do you put it on to make a slushy icey type of texture? She has a Hamilton Beach one. Also, about how much ice would you say "half the bullet" is equal to? Half a cup?? Do you have any other tasty recpies from the Bullet book?? that you care to share?

I think I did something to hurt my left knee. It is slightly swollen and has been hurting. I have no idea what I did...but I even noticed it when doing yoga the last couple days in full pigeon pose while pulling my back foot up for the quad stretch.

Hey Crazies! I did SS "Firm it up" and I felt it firming for sure. Those glutes squeezes always have me crying by the end. Haven't had a chance to ride my bike. Had to get my hair cut instead. Haven't ridden my bike much all week! Gotta change that. My sis brought me over some King Crab legs...HELLO! Can't wait to eat those!:p

Anne- Love the Birthday pics! Especially the last one. It captures the real you that night.;):p}(

Char- Sounds like you got some great oils!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey ladies!

Today was a group ride. I wasn't going to go b/c my legs are FRIED. I've worked them hard every day this week. But my girlfriend was supposed to lead the "B" group so wanted company. Well, we had 20 mph winds so guess what? No "B" group. Only the "A" group showed up. I have no idea how far we went as my bike is still in the back of my vehicle and I forgot to look. All the guys said they didn't want to ride hard. They lied. They rode hard. I'm so tired. We were out for almost 3 hours. It's SOOOO hard to ride in the wind, especially when it's that windy. And when your legs are that tired. And when you have to drag Aunt Flo along with you. Why she thought today was a good day to stop in is beyond me! She was NOT invited.

It's pouring rain all of a sudden. We just lost our satellite signal. Oh - now it's hailing.

We have a fox hole at the end of our driveway and the babies have just started coming out to play. There are 4 of them and they are sooooo cute. :)

Off to read today's posts.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I am back from the office. This morning I did Kimberly Spreen Absolutely Kickbox w/up and KB stopping at the combat segment, then I did Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp (no w/up) My new Double Cardio dvd came when I was finishing up so I did the abs from Sharon Twombly's All Body Cardio and Seasun Zieger's bosu blast. The birthday party was fun. It was at a place called pump it up and was all inflatable play stuff. There were decorated chocolate ship cookie pizzas but I did not eat any.

Lora, if I am using a big blender I usually push the ice crush button first. If there is not one you can pulse it a little to break it up thenn blend it on the high setting. I mixed myelf up a cappucino smoothie. I used 1 cup ice, 1/2 cup skim milk,about 1/4-1/2 cup water, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 4 spoons of general foods international coffee decaf/sugar free mocha, and 1 spoon of splenda. If you have the Turbo Jam results book that came with the original set of TJ's It has some good smoothie recipes. My grandchildren like when I do a Bullet Strawberry banana smoothie that is a handful of frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup ice and a splash of orange juice. You can add protein powder to any of these. This one is thick and they eat it with a spoon. Chocolate protein powder goes well with a half a banana as well mixed with skim milk and/or water. Peanut butter and chocolate are good together as well.

Debbie, I bet it is good to be back at it again. Good workout.

Dallys, didn't get started painting yet. I guess that will be tomorrow. We removed nails and filled holes and moved furniture out.

Suz, sounds like your legs got a major workout:) I bet the fox babies are cute to watch come out.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.