Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat June 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Today is supposed to be a rest day.....but I did Tranier's Edge Killer Back and Abs with Michael Olijade - boxing segment, standing core segment and jump rope segment (about 20 min or so) and then I did Intensati with Patricia Moreno 60" followed by Shiva Rea's Fluid Power from the Matrix - Dancing Warrior 1008, Namaskar II, Backbend Flow, Forward Bending & Twisting and Shavasana - 50". Total cardio & Intensati workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes and I burned 360 calories. I think I will force myself to take a rest day next week since I haven't had one for a while.

I have one more day on my current Cathe rotation and then I'm planning on doing a functional fitness type week and then play around with some newer stuff for a week and then I'm going to do the Jillian Michaels Circuit Rotation.

Dallys- I looked over the rest of those circuits in Jillian's book last night and tried various modifications using tubing ...but I'm concerned my tubing isn't heavy enough. I have the super heavy duty one from Beachbody which is supposed to be equal to 50 pounds...but sometimes it doesn't feel that hard. My lats are my strongest part of my body. What tubing do you have that you use for lats? I think I'll probably add an extra day of cardio in and only 1 rest day. Do you do all of your cardio at 85% of your max HR? That's hard to keep up for 50", right? Yikes!!

Diane Sue - I didn't do all of my favorite segements on Fluid Power today. I don't know if I like certain segments because I'm used to them and there's quite a big learning curve with this yoga since it's different....but my fave segments are Mandala Namaskar I & II followed by the Advanced Backbending segment and then Forward Bending and Twisting. For $13, I think the DVD is worth it for the forward bending and twisting segment plus the other couple fave's I have. After doing it again today, it made me see that it really is quite different than her regular practices. Maybe you can look at the comments over at Amazon to see what others think of it.

Not sure if we're going to a movie today. The DH is down at our other house working this morning. IF we do go later...we'll go to see "Knocked Up" ...looks funny.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

Good Morning, I had two of my grandchildren overnight. I woke up with a tremendous headache so slipped into the kitchen to get aspirin and then ran 2-1/2 miles on the treadmill. I then took the dogs out and fixed the children pancakes. I am getting ready to go back and do Ripped 1000. I have not done that one yet.

Lora, I looked at DD and Amazon last night. I read the reviews at Amazon. DD says out of stock on the dvd's I want and will ship when they arrive. They are quite a bit lower in price so I think I am going to wait. I have Criss Cross Cardio, Shiva Rheas Fluid Power, and Rainbeau Mars Dawn & Dusk on my wish list at DD. They do have The Pit in stock but I would like to hear more about it. I read the reviews at Amazon. Also since Cathe will be filming and Amy and Tracey are doing more that I know I want I am unsure about the Pit.

Off to finish my workout:)
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - sorry about your headache. I know how you feel on the Pit. I wasn't sure I should get it cuz from what I hear, it has tons of different style pushups like P90X. I can't really do all of them due to my injury...but I felt like checking it out anyway. I have been buying too much lately. I'm also looking forward to a new DVD from Eion Finn that should be available any day now.....the new Traceys, Amy's, new TLTs and new Keli Roberts and Michelle Dozois (the 2 latter that I have preordered on Amazon). Need to save lots of money!! Too bad you don't live closer, I'd share them with you :)

Toasty - I just wanted you to know that I don't think you missed much by not getting in on Villainess' new soaps. I bought one of the Paradise Misplaced and a Whipped Lotion in the same scent and one bar of Grenade. Grenade is a nice Lime/lemon one that is good for summer but it's not really all that great. I like Coconut so I thought Paradise Misplaced would be nice, but I'm guessing I don't like Mango cuz there is something in it I don't really care for. I tend to stick with the foody scents like Scintillating - vanilla/mint and Decadance, creamy foody, etc. I do like Embargo though. I didn't know she had that back in stock.

Today started Week 1 of the Push/Pull/Angular rotation I'm doing from the men's M&F magazine. Deborah, are you doing this with me???

Kind of a long workout, an hour and a half, and for me thats way too long. The rest of the days do not look like they will take that long. I even lowered the sets this morning because I felt it was way too much. This is what I did:

2 minutes rest between each set
Chest:
Barbell Bench Press: 90# - 3 sets/6 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 35's - 1 set/8 reps; 37's - 2 sets/8 reps
Decline Dumbbell Press: 35's - 3 sets/10 reps

Legs:
Squats: 85# - 1 sets/6 reps - 90# - 2 sets/6 reps (down to parellel)
Front Squats: 65# - 3 sets/8 reps (I hate these, I'll have a bruise on my shoulders for sure, those HURT! But I was able to do down below parellel!)
Static Lunges: 75# - 1 set/10 reps; 70# - sets/ 10 reps (right knee was hurting, was suppose to do 3 sets but only did 2)

Shoulders:
Barbell Press: 60# - 4 sets/6 reps
Dumbbell Press: 25's - 1 set/8 reps; 2 sets/6 reps (was suppose to be 4 sets but I could not do one more set)

Triceps:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 75# - 3 sets/6 reps
Bench Dips: 12/10/12

I was suppose to do calf raises but I was so wiped out I said screw it. LOL! My calves are very well developed anyways so I don't care.

Hope you all have a great workout and weekend! I have a wedding and a grad party this weekend.

I am finished. My grandchildren just left so now off to hit the shower. After my start with 2-1/2 miles on the treadmill I went back to do Ripped 1000 and then did the weight segment of Barry's Bootcamp arms and abs. I used 2 risers on Get ripped instead of 1 and stuck with Craig's weights. I thought it was a pretty good workout. I think the cardio segments could be a little longer. Next time I may just do each twice. By the time I got halfway through Barry's I was lowering my weights. I started with 15lbs and it was moving down gradually. LOL. Really got a burn in there.

Lora, the one Villainess soap that I liked was silk and cyanide. I do wish the scent was a little stonger in these. I kind of like it to stick for awhile. The one foody scent shower gel I have and like a lot (granddaughters love to use it too) is Bed Head Papayarazzi.

Debbie, sounds like a really good workout:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - every time I did a BArry's tape, I ended up doing drop sets! Some of the rep ranges are really long. I'd start high and end up really low! I guess it could be a "different" way to train....so I figured it was cool.

Deb - wow....1.5 hours. That's long. You go girl.

Debbie,

Excellent workout! Motivate me girl cuz I am fighting a intestinal bug here so no workout today. Have energy of turtle. DD is sick with it too. Tomorrow getting on new rotation. I am getting bored doing stuff on my own.

Lora,

Thanks for that update. I like most of the soaps you like so I will stick with what you said, but do you like Krakota because I really like that one.

Hey to the rest of you maniacs!! Enjoy the weekend

Charlotte~~

Lora,

I just ordered some soaps. I wanted the Moral Decay and now THAT ONE is out of stock. Wasn't yesterday...geez. So I got Embargo, Scintillating, Kratoka, Just Desserts, and Ms. Edith. Did you try Moral Decay?

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! Today was shopping! DH has locked and chained me up in the basement. LOL! Bought 2 pair workout shorts, biking gloves and socks at Pearl Izumi and an outfit at REI. This was all while we were waiting for Costco to open. Course I blame dh for thinking Costco opened at 8:00 and we had to kill time. Didn't get a workout in, but did do alot of yard work.:)

Lora- What color of tubing do you have? I have the extreme tubing, which is Green, Blue and black. I can't even stretch the black, way to hard. I can't even imagine keeping my heartrate at 85% for 50 min. I wonder if that's a typo, it's in my book too. I'm just do any cardio that I enjoy. I know she has 2 rest days (which I used this week), but I'm planning on doing cardio on any of those rest days if I feel like it.

Debbie- Who is Deborah that is going to do the rotation with you? That is a long workout. Probably because it's full body, you think? Looks good though.

Toasty- Dang! I hope you feel better tomorrow. What rotation are you planning?

Diane Sue- Great workout!

Hi to everyone else out there.:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.