Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Jan 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did G-Force Rebounder workout followed by 10 minutes of Denise Austin Fat Blaster Kick box. Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 439 calories. My HR stayed moderate around 68-75% of max. I'm finding I need to work harder and harder these days to get my HR up. I don't know what's up with that. No rest day today, as scheduled....as I need to lose a few pounds that have been accumulating from Christmas, etc.

I also did a 30" stretch DVD I got from Fitness Organica with Susan Powter....can't think of the name...got it as a $2 deal over there and I did Dance the Chakra's - with Ravi & Ana - Yoga Only set 30".

Diane Sue - My P90X+ Recovery week is scheduled for next week. I want to do a combination of the Classic rotation and Lean. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to map me out a rotation? I'd like to do the weight work as scripted in the classic one, but need additional cardio. I was looking at it but I'm unsure of how to fit in enough ab work. I have 70" to workout on M,W, and F and 50-55" to workout on Tues and Thurs. I want to take Saturday as my one rest day......and Sunday's are usually the days I can fit yoga in .....cuz I can do cardio and yoga on that day. Do you have any ideas? I mostly wanted to use the older P90X stuff for this week so I can get some variety in. Thanks much in advance. If you're too busy to help, I will understand.

Toasty - Was thinking about the job stuff and at least fast food and stores like the Walgreen's I worked at are low stress jobs. The only thing I disliked about Walgreen's is the hours and being on my feet....other than that, it was 200% easier than what I'm doing now and I'm only making slightly over a dollar an hour more! Not very fair!

Have great workouts everyone. Off to do my normal Saturday routine.

Good Morning
Today is my rest day!!
Last night did KM bootcamp premix that's all:)
Off to work have a great day!
Randi

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is suppose to be Interval X. The way I feel..I dunno about that. Woke up with headache..not a good start. My daughter wants to go to Vegas to be with the love of her life...that just about drained me so I harrassed her back and called her a vampire cuz she is sucking the life energy out of me. I just don't want her to go by herself. So anyhow, I think I will just go on the elliptical today and do a steady state cardio.

Lora,

Well I am aggravated cuz I put in a application at Wal Mart. The Wal Mart 45 mins away from home called, but I can't work that far away with a old pick up truck since the gas is so high now. And the Wal Mart in town never called so that sucks. I have to finish applying for a few more jobs today. How's your neck?

ETA: Also, do you do recovery weeks like this:

After week 1-3 (recovery)
Week 4 (recovery)
week 5-7 (recovery

I want to know when I should "recover"

Good Morning, I slept in late today. I have P90X Kempo+ on schedule for today. I will add a little more Kickbox and then do some lower body work and yoga/stretching. I have my grandson's birthday later today.

Lora, I will see what I can come up with. I am doing the clasic + and I saw that the cardio was not there. I know I am adding some in. I will have to refresh my memory on the times of the workouts.
Are you wanting to only do P90X and + cardio workouts?? I was thinking you could do some short ones like Turbo Jam Fat Blaster to keep more in the right time frame that you need. I am trying to lower my impact some so have TJ Get on the Ball coming and will see if I can work those in with my recovery week. Once I add back in the cardio though it is not really much of a recovery week LOL.

Charlotte, sorry your daughter is giving you grief. I hope your headache gets better. I am not very good at those recovery weeks. It is supposed to be 3weeks then 1 week recovery with the P90X series.

Randi, enjoy your rest day.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I'm not planning of doing much of a Recovery week either ....after I add my cardio in there and the Pilates I need to start doing again and the extra cardio to burn off these pounds I gained over the Holidays...etc.

I'm not even sure I'm gonna be able to continue this Rotation....if my shoulder pain, neck pain, trap pain doesn't calm down. I've been miserable 2nd day in a row....but I'm due to start today....so my hormones always make my pain worse.

Diane Sue - I was thinking of fitting in the weight workouts on M, W and F and the cardio on Tues, Thurs and Sunday........but it's the abs that are a problem. Not sure if I should just add them at the end of weight workout or cut my cardio short......which I really don't want to do since I need to lose weight. I need to add in some lower impact also, but I have trouble getting my HR up. How much do you think water intake has to do with your weight? Ever since I've started this job, I haven't been able to drink much water and I'm feeling really fat......plus I really need to lose these pounds I gained from the Holiday....plus the few that I gained on our last vacation.....or I might never lose them. Do you think I should take 1 day of cardio off a week....or do a little cardio every day and just do different intensities?

Lora,

You never stop going either. I am not sure why your feeling fat with as many cals you burn. You could probably eat anything you want since you burn when you burn in the 500-1000 range. You go girl. Don't be so hard on yourself now.

We are getting ready to leave and run errands before the birthday party. I ended up doing Kempo + then Turbo Jam step jump and jam (?)
then I did 3 sets each barbell squats, Bowflex extensions, leg curls, leg press and calf raises. I then did Stott Pilates Foam Roller Challenge and finished off with Tracey Staehle's Parts yoga and stretch segments.

Charlotte, I do have a hard time resting LOL

Diane Sue,

I believe your fingers don't want to rest either! LMAO!

Alright, I still need to work my abs and everyone is gone so I will be able to do it in peace. Just feel defeated today. I am trying not to be depressed. I applied at the video store today and they have a big sign saying they are hiring and so when I gave my application was told they already hired 3 people. The luck. Most of the jobs are giving to punks who don't have bills to pay and are not responsible. So then I go to Wal Mart. I see this pitiful looking lady in a wheel chair who is as white as snow and has tubes going up her nose. Then I see another who is quadriplegic being wheeled around and here I am feeling depressed. Things could be worse.

When I am done working out, I will feel better I am sure. Just a mood.

Hey maniacs,

DD's birthday party is over so I am jumping on real quick, before I have to start learning my new songs for church tomorrow!

This morning was high rep work of straight sets, 2 sets of fifteen!

Chest
Decline Press
15/15 - 35's

Back
Underhand Barbell Rows
15/15 - 65#

Legs
Step Ups
15/15 - 60#

Shoulders
Incline Lateral Raise
15 - 12
15 - 10

Triceps
Weighted bench dips
15/15 - 55#

Calves
DB Calf Raises
15/15 - 90#

Then added ab work from HSC.

Diane Sue - Do you like the foam roller? What kind do you have?

Debbie - I forgot to ask you what Incline Lateral Raises (FD) are? I am hoping I did them right. Also did you wear your vest in addition to the dumbbells for the calf raises? If yes, what vest do you have and do you like it?

Char - Good Luck with the job search. I hope you get something soon!

Have a great evening!

Linda

Linda, I really do like my foam roller. I do not know what kind it is. The first one I purchased I bought At Academy sports and it was just a short one from GoFit. DH saw me trying to work with it and Kelly Roberts Flexibility for the Inflexible. He ordered the 36inch one for me and I think he got it off of e bay. I stand on the short one and rick my feet back and forth while drying my hair. I kind of gets some myofacial massage into my feet. Also helps strengthen the ankles with the balancing. It really gets deep into the muscle. You can look up exercises on the internet. It is great for balance and core work as well. Feels good just to roll it up and down your back and sit on it and roll out those tight hamstrings etc.. It has a lot of uses. I think there may be a difference in the durability of some over others over time though as you are putting a lot of pressure on them and they need to bounce back or resist the pressure. I hope I am making since. My small go fit has dents where I stand on it.

I am back from the party. Had a salad and one small slice of spinach alfredo pizza. I ate not cake:) I was really don't think I care for CiCi's all that much. I have never been there before. I did not have high expectations anyway.

Charlotte, I was in a hurry and thought I was backing out and realized that I just posted multiple posts. These fingers are busy LOL. Needed a little more finger exercise. I know what you mean when you look at people that have it so much worse. You will get through it. That is how we are:)

Lora, it has been a busy day but I will try and get on this rotation. I did look at times. Most really do push you on your ti me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.