Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Jan 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm just getting ready to go do practice some new Rebecca Small step coreography and then I'm going to do Bryan Kest Power Yoga. It's a rest day for me. We're going to the early movie at the cheapo theatre so we can be home early to do hair. I'll be back a little later.

Finished with my workout. I ended up doing about 50 minutes of Rebeca's Symmetrical Step tape. I never did this coreography before and I learned the first 17 minutes and repeated it. My HR stayed about 70-75% of my max which is about 125-136. I used my lower step. I did a very small portion of the next combo as the cool down....and oh boy was it starting to get more complex or what!! I'm scared of this segment. I really have to force myself to concentrate hard when doing these, but her teaching is supberb!! The one combo towards the end of the 17 minutes was so MUCH FUN. I loved it.

I'm usually happy if I can learn at least 15-20 minutes of a complex step tape ....cuz I can just repeat the segment to make a longer workout and then I don't feel like I wasted my money. Then I can always learn the different segments at a time in the future and it's like having a new workout. I still only know the first 20-30 minutes of Seasun's Rock Steady Step!

Since Rebecca's workouts are geared for step instructors, I think I'm going to drop Seasun a line and let her know about Step 2 Success. I think she'll enjoy it. I remember when Izett's new step DVD came out and Seasun and I conversed via email about it briefly and she even said the coreography was tough for her to pick up. I think Seasun will really enjoy Rebecca.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to soak in the tub and deep condition my hair cuz it's getting double processed today. I worked out with Shea Oil in it. I warmed a bit in the microwave and made a hot oil treatment out of it. I usually do this every Saturday...as my hair is extremely dry, curly and frizzy by nature.

I'll be back later. I'm excited this weekend cuz that movie Running With Scissors is at the cheap theatre. It never came around to the theaters around here when it was released. It's a film by the guy who does the Nip/Tuck show and I've heard it's a good movie.

ETA: I also did 50 minutes of Bryan Kest Power Yoga - Energize series.

Charlotte - doing this Bryan Kest reminded me that I gave my 3 VHS tapes to Marietta when she used to be on our check in. If you are still in contact with her, maybe you can ask her if she'd let you borrow one of those workouts to see if you might like Bryan. Then you could buy another yoga workout. They sell Bryan's DVD with all 3 programs on AMazon for like $12 which is a good deal.

I am sore from head to toe, literally. We had a structure fire call last night at 8, and I didn't get home till 1am. My body is soooo sore. Those air packs do a number on your back, and I had the hose line a few times last night too. I realized when I put my moisturizer on my face this AM that I am wind burnt!x( Ouch. Oh, even my arms are sore! Crazy! I already had DOMS to begin with!!LOL Oh well, we did a good job last night. My Dad grabbed me at one point and told me to get my pack up (air) a go with him because unfortunately we had to go search for the family dog. We found him, but of course it was to late. Always so sad when that happens.:(

So, I have to work now, and I have to see how my body feels later as to what WO I do. I really need some yoga!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Got on the scale this morning and was VERY happy to see I'm at 128.5!! I love when I'm below 130#. I started the year at 133.5 so this was exciting for me.

Getting ready to do CC#6 with Candance. Last workout until next Saturday. Yay!!! :)

Suz - I'm so glad to hear your dad is ok. I hate when parents keep their secrets about their health. My mom and dad do the same thing to me and it makes me really mad.

Be back later...

Morning, ladies! I didn't get a chance to read all of yesterday's thread, man it was chatty! :p I had such a great time with my friend yesterday, and I ended up staying from 9 until just before the kids got home, so no workout x( But that's okay, we had a blast. I don't get to get out and spend time with friends like that very often, and the kids were behaving like the little gems that they should be so I stayed as long as I could. ;) I don't know if I will be able to get a workout in for the rest of this weekend since we will be crazy busy! It has been a WEEK since I last worked out... I guess this will count for me rest week. :)

Deb, enjoy your rest week! :D I am happy the scale is treating you well. I haven't weighed myself in over a year, so I have no clue what I weigh. I feel better not knowing, and I always weigh more than I look anyways. :p

Dallys, is there such thing as ebayers anonymous? :p And what is up with your fridge? I am sorry it is freezing all of your stuff :(

Meg, are you a fire chick?

Lora, what movie are you going to see?

Toasty, enjoy the ride. Is it nice today where you are?

Anne, can't wait to see pics of the boobs :p :7

DS, I hope the house works out and the realtor gets a move on it! How exciting! :7

Well, DS got to bring home the class hermit crab. It is disgusting and it stinks. It reminds me of a large, hairless spider, I am terrified of it. And the kids keep touching it! YUCK! Did I already mention that it stinks? It smells like a urine soaked diaper that has laid open over night. x( Not even the dogs will go near it, lol! :+

Have a great day, gals!

Missy

I am going to take some pics after i get a bath. I am sending DH for some arnica cream and vit k . It is supposed to help the bruising. I think without the swelling i could loose the pain meds, and i would be ok.
You want pics mail me and i will send them . I do look like i was hit with a bus.
[email protected]

Diane Sue, did you sell your house?

Dallys, compressor is going.Ours did that.

Missy , we bug bombed our last hermit crab.. Forgot about it and the rest is history.
Deb, congrats on the weight loss. I am not touching the scale. I am too swelled and have not gone to the bathroom since Tues . Bet i gained a few though. LOL....and losta few. I will be happy if i am the same.My daughter was laughing at me eating my eggs. I can only open my mouth a little. Less i can shove down there. Right..

I get a real shower today... No sponge bath.
Have really good workouts. I am up and moving more. I can pretend i am working out. LOL...

Lora, how is that job going?
I have been kinda groggy so i haven't went back to read?

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

"Missy , we bug bombed our last hermit crab.. Forgot about it and the rest is history."

Thanks for the tip! Now, how to make it look like an innocent accident....

Where is everyone this am? I cannot believe that when I actually get the chance to get on, nobody else is here! My life is so backwards from everyone else's! :p

Missy

Last workout for a week. Had a great one. I did Cardio Coach #6 with Candace. This one is my FAVORITE! I love this workout. Lots of sprints and a good mix of distance. Very fun. Workout was 1:02, was in my zone for 46 minutes and burned 332 calories.

It feels great to know that I have an entire week off. I will enjoy it. I need it. I may even let myself have a few treats this week as well!

Hope you all have a great weekend and workouts!

Hey Maniacs! Not sure what I'll do today. DD is visiting, so I might not get in a workout. DH just made us some eggs and veggie sausage. Still need to go to the store for veggies. Hoping to get some more ebay packages today. DD said (nicely) that my biking pictures weren't as nerdy as I descibed, but that I'll look tons better with the new biking clothes. Gotta love family!

Have a fun weekend...maybe I can chat later.

I will say, I think it's so cool that Meg is fighting fires out there!:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Mornin'!

Today is my double whammy workout. At some point. I woke up at 4 with a migraine and cramps. Took Imitrex and Excedrin. I had to choose between getting rid of the migraine or the cramps. Since you're not supposed to take aspirin and ibuprofen together (something about damaging your liver?) I was supposed to wait until 8am to take ibuprofen for my cramps but I finally caved at 7:20. Finally I'm migraine free and cramp free. Yay! But now I'm tired. :p

Diane Sue - Did you ever hear from your realtor? So you found a house???

Lora - Have fun at the movies.

Meg - You're amazing. How very sad about that dog. Makes me want to cry. :( That's nice you went in after the dog. Those poor people. I bet they're heart broken. Hopefully no people were hurt.

Debbie - That's awesome about your weight! Congrats!

Missy - I'm glad you got to enjoy some girl time. You deserve it.

Storm - I wonder how much those hooters weigh? :p I bet you're getting lots of e-mails for pics from people you don't even know. Hehehe.

Dallys - Have fun with your DD. And how nice that she said you're not as big as a dork as you thought. I use my friend's daughter for that since I don't have kids. She thinks I'm "cool" enough to help her mom shop for clothes. She's 23 and way too hip for Wyoming if you ask me. She looks more like what I'm used to from LA. She always makes her mom run stuff by me for approval. Funny! But if I ever have questions I just need to check with her.

Has anyone bought fruit since the freeze? A gal at work bought 2 pounds of grapes for $9!!!!!! But she really wanted them.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Afternoon Maniacs!!!

No bike ride today. I checked the weather and only 33 degrees with winds 30mph. lol. I would have icicle off my nose so instead I went with cardio fusion this morning. I am trying to figure out what I want to do this week since I have not gained any more weight, but have apparently some fat on my lower back now. So I am thinking of doing KPC and cardio fusion plus coremaxes for my recovery week. Thought of Drill Max, but I don't want to work with weights this week...I just want the sweat to pour off me instead. So I am not mad at hubby anymore. He is just telling me what I really need to hear, but it was twisted and not the right timing since I was having a hormone day..he didn't know and didn't say it to be mean, but he tells me he won't tell anymore now. lol.

So ya'll are so yacky this morning I can't keep up. I gotta go take my son to work now so I will be back later.

Charlotte~~

No he house workout today. I am tired. We stayed up late and then I got up early so I would be ready when the realtor came. We went back and looked at the house we want and filled out the paper work to make and offer. We have some people that have looked at our twice and are still interested in it. So we will see how things workout. If I get a nap I may get motivated to workout later or I will make this my rest day instead of tomorrow.

Lora, I got the gliding disc workouts and oils today. Thank you so much. The oils smell so good. I may try one of those workouts later today. It is always fun to try something new. Also thanks for the brochure there are a lot of workouts using the discs. How many of them do you have? I am loving the Aromaleigh stuff I have purchased. I just placed another order. They have those discount coupons now so I got a free Rocks shadow.

Charlotte, are you still doing Yoga X and Core Synergistics along with the cardio on your recovery week?

Meaghan, it sounds likeyou could use some rest after last night.

Missy, my grandaughter has a pair of hermit crabs. They have always been in their shell or buried when I am over at their house. I never noticed a smell.

I think I need to go get a nap and wrap up in a big blanket. I can't seem to get warm today. It is drizzly and icy out today, snow is still supposed to come in.

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! THE DOG MADE IT!!!! I found out this mornign at the diner when some of the rescue squad came in. I swore there was no way that dog survived. I am astonished, but happy. They just put oxygen in his face and after a few minutes he stuck his nose right in the mask and just started breathing! Awesome! Makes me feel really good that we found him time and saved him.
Although the news this morning said the family is saying one dog is still missing. None of us knew about a second dog, but I really don't think it is in the house. He must of gotten loose because we tore the house apart and there was nothing. Hope he got out.

So, my LB is so sore. Everywhere. My WO yesterday was good too. I think I might rest today LOL! I might try some yoga tonight though. That would probably feel great.

Deb- greta job on your weight!! That's awesome.

Char- enjoy your *recovery* week!! How is cardio fusion?

Dallys- thank you!

Suz- hopefully your cramps and headache are gone for good. Good luck getting all that in!

Missy- that is too funny about the hermit crab! I have smelled diapers like that and that sucks!!

DS- it is freezing here to! The wind is atrotious! I have no idea if I spelled that right, but it sounded good!

Anne- hope you are getting enough to eat! You are a real trooper!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi Maniacs,

I was missing in action yesterday but you guys sure were chatty.

P90x'ers...I know you have all heard this before, but I so love legs and back..so love it!!! haven't done Kenpox yet today cuz I'm suffering from a little hangover.

Anne...gonna email ya when I'm done. You crack me up are you enjoying those perc's a little too much???

Meg...you are my hero! And I think I beat you...my pregnant weight was 228. Stupid me thought I could gain 100 pounds while pregnant. Little did I know it took 1 year to take off.

Dallys...what's up with your frig? maybe you have a frozen line or something.

Diane Sue...congrats on the house. Do you get a brand new workout room to go with that.

Debbie..no snow yet.

Suz..I'm crampy too..it gets worse in your 40's I guess. I hate it. Let's just get on with the menopause ok?

Hi Randi Hi Missy

Lora..did your week end better? Enjoy your movie.

Ok...I gotta run. we have the boys for the next 10 days, they will be keeping me very busy!

Amber

Diane Sue - Good luck on the whole house thing. The timing is always so tricky, isn't it. I know when I'm tired it seems it's hard for me to get warm.

Meg - That's great news about the dog. You saved its life! That's so sad about the other one. It must be running scared somewhere. :( Keep us posted if you hear anything. Now I want to cry again. I think that would be the worst thing not knowing.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Amber, i will get on the scale in a couple of days when my system is back to normal.I got 450cc. How much would that weigh. They are up to my chin... LOL...He gave me new stuff. Toradol. Helped loosten the face up more. The perks were not working on my face. It looks oooh. I just keep saying. It has only been 3 days. You are really swelled...It is gonna get better.

Deb, a week off. Are ya gettin boobs too. LOL>..
Deb, we have a couple inches of snow here and it is really cold. I have not been out . Sent the DH to the store.

Diane Sue, are you doing a contingency clause for when yours sells?
Is it exciting to be buying a new house.

Amber it is called B***h o Pause....

Char, i like cardio fusion. I think my fav is LIC cardio only for cardio.
I may take a trip to Wally world tomorrow
I got some Arnica cream for the bruising. Maybe i will look better.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hi ladies
Today is my rest day my legs are so sore from yesterday. Everytime i do calf raises on gym style legs I can barely walk. I went over to this guys house last night and had a great time:) He is the same guy that i've just been texting every once in awhile. He has a beautiful house and a awesome jacuzzi tub:)

It just started snowing! Was just at walmart it was worse then xmas! I just had 6 items I needed to get, was in line for 40 min! Its not even real cold but people think that it's going to be horrible!

Meg that is awesome news about the dog! I had tears in my eyes. Great workout by the way, what rotation are you doing?

Anne I want to see [email protected]. Lucky you! I hope you're recovering ok:)

Anne..450cc's?

Isn't it funny we have to know how much weight to attribute to our boobs now? I asked the same thing within a week of my surgery, then I remembered that a cc equals about 1 gram so 900gms = .9kg and there is 2.2 kg per pound, so they should weigh about 2 pounds, but, yours are gel so it should be more than that. Give your self 3 pounds and don't forget your swollen, so cut some slack with your weight.

Char..you have legs of steel now! I've noticed mine have firmed up nicely...still cellulite there but I will get there.

I have to go make dinner ladies have a great evening.

Amber

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.