Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Dec 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Maniacs -

This morning was supposed to be my rest day, but since I have to go celbrate Christmas at the DH's family's house today, I decided I needed to burn some calories. I did Urban Rebounding for Adults with Jerry James (about 25 minutes) and then about 25 minutes of Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success. I also did Yoga for Beauty Dusk with Rainbeau Mars (50"). At the end of the cardio, I burned 391 calories.

I am going to be addicted to both of these workouts for a while. I LOVED the rebounding one. It is the best one I've ever done. I know nobody else here has a rebounder but this was intense and had a really cool kickboxing segment and a Pitbull segment where you do these running drills (intervals) like you're being chased by a Pitbull. Jerry was a very cool instructor and I really liked him. Production quality was not the best, but I could care less. It's hard to find a good rebounding video.

I also think Rebecca has "officially" taken over as my favorite step instructor.....(sorry Seasun). I still love Seasun, but Rebecca's even better. She has a sense of humor and has so much fun working out. I love the music on the DVD (like Seasun's also...but this maybe a bit more) and the combos are very creative. She looses me all of the time, but with practice....I'll get it eventually. I figured working on complex coreography might help make my mind sharper -- and in turn, help me better at my new job?? hoping??

Well - as mentioned above....I will be in North Canton, OH all day (yuk...long drive) and we have to stay there forever when we go to his family's house. Plus, Christmas is over. I think the way they do it is stupid. I wish they'd just do it on Christmas Eve like normal people. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but they don't know the "real" me very well. I'll get a bunch of Christmas Decorations and I don't even decorate for the holidays. I always bring them home and put them directly in the basement. Some day when I'm dead and buried, someone in the family will have loads of brand new decorations! I know it's the thought that counts and I just graciously accept them and try to act enthused. I guess since it took them about 15 years to realize I don't eat meat......they may never figure out I don't decorate and I'm not a domestic goddess.....and prefer Yoga/exercise videos and workout stuff!! Okay, I'll stop....I'm not usually so opinionated....just got on a roll there. This new job stress thing is getting to me.

Have great workouts. I'll be around later this morning then I'll be gone for the day.

ETA: Oh, I forgot - I start my new job on Tuesday. Someone asked yesterday -- can't remember who.

Anyone here hear about this new hair care line yet?

Wen hair care by ChazDean? I saw him on QVC and bought some stuff and then I found his website. I think I'm going to like this stuff. All I have now is the Texture Balm and Styling cream. I'm waiting for the hair oil and Cleansing Conditioner to come. Let me go find the website so you ladies can check this out. (can you tell Lora's celebrating the fact she got a job?....plus I figured I deserved it for doing so well and landing a job the day that was supposedly my last at the hospital).

Here's the website and I'll let everyone know how it is after I try it...but you can read about it. It sounds really good for the hair...especially colour treated.

www.chazdeanstudio.com

Morning Lora. Sounds like a great WO. I hope the family time won't be so bad for you. YOu crack me up LOL! I will check out that website.

Good mornign ladies. Have wonderful WO's and rests today. Not sure what I will be doing. Going to listen to my body (for Anne). I actually feel alright, but we will see. i have to go to work now, and then to my mom's after, so it won't be until tonight if I WO. I would like to work my legs, so maybe some B&G.

Enjoy your Saturdays.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good morning maniacs!!!!

Yeah it's Saturday...here in the park...wish it was the 4th of July..

Can you tell I fell asleep to the time warner classic rock commercial last night. Ahhh..my life is so boring.

LORA!!!!:) :) :) I'm soo happy for you! Just relax you will be fine. That is fabulous that you really won't miss out on any major money with this new opportunity. It sounds you start on Tuesday!!!

Char...oh my you poor girl, maybe you don't want speck to stop barking, could be annoying as h**l to FIL. Core Syn, LOL, if your talking about those push ups with the knee in between, well, HA, I only do the first push up then do 2 knee ins and start over, so I really can't do what tony does. I also then go down on my knees 1/2 way through. I don't get shoulder pain, but on some of those moves I get a cramp right below my sternum at the top middle of my abs. It hurts, but I get through it.

I hate getting interrupted during a workout!

Meg.NO SEX...what? I must have missed something. Pneummonia makes less of your lung air avaialable...you better cool it missy.

Suz...stars...yes, very funny. That's too bad about the shrooms..I always boil mine in a couple tbs of olive oil and water. takes a long time. But that recipe sounds yummy I love pine nuts, use them in my salad all the time. No snowblower, don't you guys normally get snow?

DS- did I read that your DH is overseas...what does he think about this hanging. I still can't believe they were even thinking about airing the hanging. WTH??? I don't want to see it that is for sure.

Anne, I'm glad you are going under the muscle, they wont sag in 2 years. You made the right choice there, and it certainly sounds like you have done your research and have a surgeon wise enough to know that was the way you should go! I was so picky about my surgeon I went out of state.

P90xer's..I put off core syn yesterday and goofed off all morning taking decorations down. I did make it through, and it's getting easier. I don't bother with the chatawhatevers either. Yoga today. I'm going to pop it in here in a minute. YEAH, I love it.

Jeanette-I am going to take pictures, I am not thrilled about that though, because jeans are feeling tighter in legs and I was still too scared to step on the scale. I have noticed one thing and that is my waist is smaller. I may be heavier, but my clothes are fitting better. So I prefer to not know the number right now. I lived in Santa rosa for a short while years ago, is that close to you? Upper calif has to be beautiful for bike rides, do you live by any wineries. Lol, everything boils down to wine with me.

Deb...when are we getting snow...this is ridiculous. I'm sick of it. I happen to love snow....at least for a little while.

Randi, aren't labs great...zeus' mom was a chocolate lab, she was soo pretty and had light eyes like my baby.

Dallys...are you back yet woman...did you win lots of money, get a tan?

Ok... I wanted to be done with yoga by 9:30, so I'm already behind.

I'm going to get weighted gloves at dicks today and a new bra at Victoria's secret, yes the mall. The walls may shake as I walk in...my DD is working at bath and body works today, she will be very surprised to see me pop in. In fact, she may pass out. 2 whole trips to the mall this year, it may be a record for me. DH still doesn't believe I will go.

Ok...off to bring it, Hello to all I missed. Geez...sorry this is sooo long. I guess I do need to get out more.

Amber

No workout for me today. I decided to take today off instead of Monday.

Amber - What is it with this warm weather? Kind of scares me. I want snow so bad, it makes me mad. And it doesn't look like its going to change much in January either. :(

Lora, No I haven't seen that hair stuff, although I have to admit I watch QVC once in a while when they have beauty stuff on.

Have you tried "hope in a jar"??? I got a sample with my sephora order and I love it!!!! I am going to order it, but gosh...it's soo expensive. 50bucks. that's a lot, but it is my face, so I should splurge...I already have that susan lucci tool...and love it, and that isn't cheap either.

Ok...really really going to do yoga NOW>
amber

Debbie...I know me too, I just saw the news and it's supposed to be 40's maybe 50's for the next couple weeks! bummer.

Amber - I"ve tried Hope in a Jar before. I like it but it's not one that I keep buying over and over. I haven't bought expensive skin care for a while. I have some Clientele from QVC, Wei East from HSN, and some Kiehl's I've been using. I also have been using this cheapo kind I love that is really nice (but inexpensive). It's called Arbordoun...great stuff. This with my microderm sponge from ebay make my skin lovely www.arbordoun.com. I also have been using cheap stuff from www.Sheaterraorganics.com called Rooibos Shea Butter and Vitamin E cream. It doesn't spread very well, so I usually spritz my face with water when applying and then it spreads much better. When I use the cheap stuff, I buy Nivea Visage Q10 wrinkle eye cream at the grocery store for under my eyes. I'm a huge skin care and beauty care fanatic....can you tell??? LOL. (Do you have a Lush in your area?? I love Lush. If you don't, check out the website....they have great bath and pampering products www.Lush.com). I don't think you were on this check in long ago when I told everyone else about it.

I'll be back in a bit....I'm putting Walmart stuff away.

Oh and I used the Wen styling cream and texture balm with my Lush Godival shampoo bar and American Cream conditioner (also Lush) and my hair is soft and smooth as silk ! Love it....and can't wait for the Cleansing Conditioner to get here so I can use it all together.

Good Morning, I plan on doing a treadmill run and Tracey Staehles Core dvd. I kind of am pulled though I really should pull out the TLT Core dvd and do the whole thing. I think it is Total body though. I have only done part of it and it has been awhile. Today is a family gathering for son in laws visit home from Afganistan and dil's Birthday. We are having Roast, Potatoes and dil requested my brownies with M&M's that I make from scratch (nothing low fat in these)and ice cream. I always dump the roast on my salad and eat a big plate of that:9

Lora, my family really loves the decorations. My dd had trees decorated all over her house. I did not put out much this year though because of the house showing. I need to find a moisturizer for oily combo skin that does not break me out and I can use with Retin A. Mostly I just use some of an Estee Lauder sample I have around my eyes and on some dry areas. I can't use any during the day on my eyes or my makeup all comes off:( I was using the MD Forte products that my dd got from her office on discount but most of these have glycolic acid in them. One product that I did like a lot and one of her drug reps gave me a jar of because she said I liked the samples was Kinerase. It is expensive though. DD got a skin cancer and is using Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. She says studies have shown good results for helping prevent future skin cancers. Since she is in Derm I guess she has the heads up but that stuff is over 100 dollars. I guess I am babbling.

Maeghan, my only goal lately is to avoid the holiday pounds and keep the muscle, since I know I don't eat extremely clean this time of year. I do want to get back into some heavier weight training soon. Having school out and house showings has made it hard to plan a rotation that I can stick with.

Amber, DH has been home from Iraq since May. He was there over a year training police officers.

Hi to everyone else:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Lush's skincare...but I'm not sure which one is for Oily skin, but I know they have one. I use Imperialis, which is for combo skin (in the Summer only). I have sensitive skin, so I can't tell you what I use, but they have cleansers, etc for oily skin. I also really like the Wei East line on HSN and Kiehls sold on www.Kiehls.com. Have you ever tried Clientele from QVC? They make oil free skin care and it's nice but I just finished a regimen of that. It's pretty reasonably priced on QVC. I don't think you'd like the cheaper lines I've recommended above...cuz they are for drier skin. Have you ever tried Almay's Kinatese? or something like that can't remember exact name. That's a good cheap one from the drugstore. I use it once in a while, but I don't know if they make one for oily skin. Let's see, what else have I used that I liked www.BetterBotanicals.com - don't know if they're still around. Also from Sephora, I've used Caudalie and liked it. I used to sell www.Arbonne.com and can vouge that it is a VERY good line and will absolutely not break you out. Their products are made from swiss botanicals. I also used to use BodyShop products when I'm low on money. I think their selection is good. We don't have one in our area, but you may have one. If not, they have a website also. I hate going to the cosmetic counter to buy. I always shop online. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I highly suggest Lush's skin care and hair care. My Mom likes it also. I'm good at helping people spend money, huh?

Oh and if anyone else loves good step coreography, here's the Rebecca Small one I've been in love with. There is a clip you can check out (well, it doesn't work on my crappy computer).

http://www.fitnessorganica.com/products/Step2Success.html

Since doing this lately, Rebecca has me wanting to teach step classes. She teaches like she's teaching a fitness professional to teach their class.......and she's got my brain in motion. I'm really starting to love some complex step coreography. Never thought I'd say that.

Lora, I have a friend who sells Arbonne that lives in Ca.. She sent me samples and some of it I liked but the regular cream and eye cream broke me out. She did not send me the oily skin stuff though. We do have a Body Shop in a Mall close to us. The same Mall that has Sephora. I have tried Almay's Kenitin makeup once. It smelled like house paint LOL. I will check out some of these. Thanks

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Whew...today is going much better so far. Yesterday was wild, wild, wild! Gonna do my yoga in about 30 mins.

Charlotte~~

Well I did TLT finding your core. I don't feel like I worked very hard at all:( A couple of things were interesting so it is a learning experience. I am off to do a treadmill run and may still add a little more corework.

Charlotte, I am glad things are better today. Enjoy your yoga.

Good morning!

Well, today is Yoga X and I swear every time I do this one it hurts my hip. Why is that? I thought yoga was supposed to be good for you? I have bursitis in my hip and that's what hurts - it's right on that front hip bone. I finally stopped when I was only about 40 minutes into it (any excuse, I know). I guess I'll have to finish later. Any ideas on a sub???

Lora - Sounds like you found yet another good workout. I must say though, as the owner of pit bulls, I always hate when people make them out to be such monsters. :( It just keeps the hype going and they have enough trouble with all of the terrible people who get ahold of them and treat them so poorly. They are so terribly abused and you should see the absolutely disgusting stories that end up in rescues - and I don't even want to know the stories of the ones that don't get rescued. Okay, off my soap box. That's so exciting about your job.

Meg - I hope you have a great Saturday. Don't work too hard - and don't work out too hard either!

Amber - Usually the snow we get is easy enough to shovel out of. But these big dumpings coupled with the wind (the wind is normal around here) have made it tough. They say this is more normal for us. We've been here 14 years and apparently we've been lucky? Hmmm... Have fun at the mall!

Debbie - Have fun on your day off.

Oh gosh - gotta cut this short. We're gonna go help my mom and her DH get my mom a keyboard like mine. :) Meeting them in 45 minutes and I have to take a shower! More later. Hi to all I missed!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi,
It was Bryan Kest's Power Yoga - #3 Sweat for me. Just couldn't face doing YogaX. I'm feeling puffy for the first time in a little while due to (I think) a few forkfuls of Chinese Food last night. Darn it. Oh well, will hit the water hard today.

Suz, when I read "keyboard", I was thinking computer keyboard again. I am so not with it. Enjoy your shopping with your mom and her DH. Hope you guys get a gradual warming to melt the snow. I like the snow for a few days, then I'm ready for it to be gone. We've been pretty dry this year snow wise.

Lora, enjoy your Christmas #2 with your DH.

Maeghan, I know you are listening to your body, just be sure and act on it, okay? Yeah, give those lungs a break. B&G sounds good. That is one effective workout for me. Feels that way anyhow.

Amber, no I don't live near Santa Rosa. I live in northeastern California in a town called Susanville. It's really situated between Redding, CA and Reno, NV, high desert and forest country, and not a vineyard or winery to be seen! A few years ago, 3 other ladies and myself did a cycling trip in the wine country. We were based near Occidental and cycled around Healdsburg, Yountville, and Tomales. It was fabulous. Love that area to cycle in. My uncle lives in Healdsburg. I'm not that anxious for my pictures either, though I know there are changes. I just don't feel like you can see the changes today.

Diane Sue, have fun with your family. The brownies sound wonderful. Please DON'T share the recipe with me, okay? LOL.

Char, how was YogaX? Remember, we have to breathe... So when you hear Rush, remember to breathe...

Jeanette

Hi all,

Well I survived the mall, I couldn't find weighted gloves, but I found weighted wrist weights with a thumb-hole (not at the mall). That should work, I hope.

Jeanette, again I'm geographically challenged, but you are up there in the state. The wineries were north of where I was, California is very nice, I hope to go back someday for a vacation from south to north. the x'rs thread is so funny, and I can't believe some of their results after phase 2 plus... they are really up on the dreya/tony/ned drama, I never even caught the ned comment until recently. LOL, I'm still struggling most of the time. (oh and with chinese food, I think sodium is the culprit, it even puffs my face out and ankles)

Lora I've used the ARbonne hand lotion, it's pretty good, but I like my smelly stuff..

Hi to everyone else,

I'm gonna walk the dog, and finally bring it with yogaX before DH gets home.

Amber

Just finished Yoga X. Had my chinese lanterns in my room with cucumber candles and a fan blowing so I was in my "own element". lol. Had a lovely time and now off again. Hubby calling

Charlotte~~

I finished my workout this. I ended up making it extra long because I didn't feel to much from the TLT core work. (I may tomorrow:) So after I finished that I ran 5 miles on the treadmill,then did Tracey Staehles core conditioning no w/up and Amy's stretch #2. I got my roast in the oven and need to do some household tasks.

Afternoon ladies. I snuck out of work early again. Left Nicole to work....I am burnt out.
I did BM2 premix cardio and weights. I liked it. I am soaked. I have Gson here makin me crazy. He needs a nap and won't take one.He is being sooo bad right now..
Well, gotta get a bath.
Dinner w the inlaws tonite. I gotta go chase rotten.I would much rather stay home. Oh well. Gotta do some things for the fam...

Chat later,

We're back from running around. Got my mom's keyboard (piano Jeanette!) all set up. She's so happy. We went to Sear's to see if the truck from Denver made it up with the snowblowers. Nope. But I fell on the ice in the parking lot. Good one, huh? Call me Dallys. :) I fell right on my knee. What a dork!

Diane Sue - those brownies do sound yummy!

Jeanette - So did you like that yoga better? I just don't think I like any yoga. But I do like it better now than I did before so I'm hoping that over time I will like it more and more.

Char - Sounds like today is better. Whew!

Amber - I think you'll like Kenpo X better with the weights. I did, even with the wrist weights. I wish I could walk my dogs. I think it's too mucky out!

Storm - Sounds like the GS is being a typical little boy. :) Have fun tonight.

We have friends coming over tonight for a little jump in the hot tub in the freezing snow. Brrrrrr... It's fun once you get in. But the getting in part, not so fun.

DH's cop car has a dead battery. I guess that's what happens when it takes a 2 week vacation. Better go see if I can do anything to help (as if I know what to do!).

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.