Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Dec 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Wow - It's almost Christmas and I'm not even excited. Sort of not looking forward to it this year. Gee......I don't know why. It not like my life is in turmoil or anything.

Today is supposed to be my day off, but since I (the little piggy I am) had 5 little pieces of chocolate yesterday after lunch, I need to do something to burn calories. I'll probably do some yoga and maybe some stretching too. I'll be back later. Today's Walmart shopping day...so I have lots to do.

I ended up doing Crunch with Ellen Barrett - Burn & Firm Pilates (45"). This is basically low impact aerobics with some standing Pilates moves thrown in and you hold light hand weights throughout and it ends with a very short segment for the abs. I then went down on the treadmill for an additional 15 minutes. I burned 330 calories in about 1 hour. I also did Eion Finn's Pure & Simple Yoga (45") followed by Amy Bento's 15 minute stretch.

Dude - am I stiff from yesterday or what? My legs still feel like they need stretched out. I think I may have slightly overdone it yesterday with the workout. I tend to work out like a maniac when I'm stressed and the fact that I don't have to be ready for work allows me to workout longer. I better not get too used to that.

We're going to see that movie the Museum today. Pretty soon we won't be able to go to as many movies......unless I can get a better paying job. I really don't think I can live with my DH's resentment and anger....so I guess my butt will continue to look for a better job until he's satisfied. I can't live in this turmoil with him. He's a bear (and that's putting it nicely). Not the easiest person to live with. If he didn't love the cats.......I might have to trade him in (half kidding).

Have great workouts. I'll be around later.

Good Morning, today I am doing cardio & abs. We have people looking at out house again this morning so I have to get done so we can take the dogs to the park or something. I will probably end up on the treadmill it seems like the quickest way to get the cardio going. I hope everyone has good workouts and a great holiday weekend.

Lora, enjoy the movie. I thought the museum one looked like it would be funny. Maybe it will lighten things up for both of you going out to a movie. Sorry you are at odds with each other on the job. I know it is a tough time for you.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies. having some coffee and trying to get moving...
Are we all ready for Santa????I could keep going , but i quit...
I am planning on a crazy day today.
I am not gonna pout, or cry cause Santa is watching...LOL..

I think my heaches are from not enough carbs.I think watching what i am eating has put me in the fruit and veggie carbs which i think i need more, but i am dropping the weight off...

Wonder if Dallys is having fun...???

Char, have enough to drink?
Suz, let it snow, let it snow/
Randi are you behaving? OR NOT???
Lora, you are strong you will survive...
Meag, are the kids excited? B& G with me tonite???? Again..
Diane Sue, enjoy the grandchildren.
Amber,how did your test go? I know you said the dr. saw something in the Boob? All ok...
Jeanette,Ab ripper for you tonite. TWICE>>> . 1st you have to get drunk.LOL..
Deb, sending a coud of snow to ya. Just over your house. for x-mas.OK...

Who am i missing today.

Tonite is butts and guts. I got my replacements. i hope they are fine. My other ones were. I only noticed some things on the premixes like a see through card.
Well, gotta get to work early and stock tanning rooms and do towels and fill shampoos. Got alot to do before i start.

Wish me luck...
Maybe daughter will feel better and come in . I don't want her pushing it. People will just have to wait. It is day before...Christmas Eve.
Well, if i don't I will try get back on this afternoon .
Have a great w/o and a great day...

Good Morning
Today is my rest day!!!!!!!! I need it though i workout 7 days in a row just so I could be off today because my brother and his wife are in town from Pasadena Ca. It sucks i have to work from 8 to 5:30:(

Lora great workout and I hope you enjoy the movie, I want to see that one so bad!

Diane Sue I hope you sell your house today!:) Have a great workout!

Acatalina butts and guts is awesome have a great workout!
Randi

Good morning maniacs!!

Ok..have kenpo to do today and I am saving it for mid afternoon after all my errands.

Char your date went well??? you had wine too I see...I don't know about you but 2 glasses and I am toast. The party was sweet, nice ladies my DH works with.

Anne..you just reminded me that a lady I worked with went on the south beach diet with me a couple years ago, she had to quit because she was getting terrible headaches. So, I think you are right on with that theory. But, cutting carbs out works wonders doesn't it? I think in the south beach diet that is why he only recommends 2 weeks of the strictest phase. Oh and thanks for asking...everything went great with the surgeon he said it was just cystic and not to worry. He re-did the ultrasound and showed me. so I feel better.

Meg...I bet your boys are so psyched up for Santa..and yes, the abripper really pulls the gut in doesn't it?? Are you still doing it?

Lora think positive,

Randi, so your rest day..really isn't a rest day try to enjoy it.

Suz...yes, sheet music is misleading, once you hear a sarah cd then get the music, it's totally different unless you get the composition she wrote.

Netta..are you excited for recovery week? I was thinking that christmas day would be chest and back again...but it's not! I will have to go look at the rotation, or be pleasantly surprised.

I am seeing results especially in tri's shoulders and ab's. I don't think I have lost any weight, but I've definately moved some around.

I will dare to weigh myself on Monday, even though I hate that scale. hate hate that scale. what's a number anyway??? why do those damn numbers make me feel different?

Happy workouts to everyone..it's time to make my list for the day.

Amber

This morning I did Cardio Coach #4 and I think this one is the hardest one yet. Its even harder the #5 I think because of the long runs and the short rest periods. It was 45 min. long and I stayed on my treadmill until I reached an hour. Went 3.13 miles. Workout was 1 hr. 14 min., was in my zone for 58 minutes and burned 421 calories!!! Happy with that!

I'm working out tomorrow but taking Christmas day off. Should work well with the holidays since I'm off two Friday's in a row and can workout then instead of taking my usual rest day on Friday.

Anne - I really want snow! I am really hating this winter. Thats why I live in Ohio, to be able to experience all the seasons. I hate when one or two of them are skipped.

Lora - I'm not into Christmas this year either. Can't wait until its over.

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Hopefully after Monday I'll have more time to post.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Aaaaggghhhh!

I just had this long post written and then looked at Randi's profile to see where she was from, that kicked me out of the posting mode and I lost it all.

Today will be KenpoX and I just discovered my new gloves have arrived. Heart rate should be up today, good thing cuz I ate some Christmas cookies yesterday (Suz, are you happy now?). Here's the link to the gloves I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Weight.../002-6479372-8793634?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods

Lora, you got a good workout in. Sorry Christmas doesn't feel right for you. Have you ever thought about volunteering to help at the Humane Society or hospice or mentoring? Bet you would be really good. Also, with your mega cardio capacity, have you ever thought of getting with other ladies and walking or running or cycling or hiking? I like to focus on performance gains rather than just aesthetic ones. I like to pick a challenge (for me a long organized bike ride) and then train for it. It's very satisfying when you complete an event, plus keeps you motivated to train towards it. Hope you enjoy the movie with DH.

Randi, enjoy your rest day today. It's the pits when you have to work and have company.

Anne, you have a busy day today, but you are Storm and can handle anything. You have lost more weight!!! Wowsa!!! Hope you don't have to work tomorrow.

Diane Sue, maybe the house will sell today. You are really good about getting your workouts in even though you have various deadlines. Good for you, I strive to do that too.

Amber, KenpoX today for me too. What do you think about next week's recovery schedule? I'm looking forward to Core Syn (I think). My butt is sore from Legs & Back. What is it that gets me so sore in this one? Sneaky lunges? I weigh myself everyday and haven't lost anything, but I've toned up a lot. My biceps are 1/2" bigger, but I haven't officially measured anything else. I'm going to do official measurements after the recovery week, and take 30 day pictures.

Suz, I bought a Sarah McLachlan DVD/CD at Walmart last night. It's called Afterglow. DH likes it too. You are an enabler all right. I ate lots of Christmas cookies at work yesterday. I couldn't stop once I started. They were teeny ones, but tasty. Actually, I've done pretty well so I'm not unhappy. Think it's KenpoX for you today. No, a hot tub soaking doesn't sub for it. Is your snow sticking around? Glad you are enjoying your keyboard. Maybe you could do a video of your playing for all of us to hear (after a while of course). It could be Popeye the Sailor Man and with background voices from your birds. That would be soooo funny! You go girl, on learning the piano. I love piano music.

Got to go now and do KenpoX. BBL.

Jeanette

Hi all,
KenpoX is in the bag for me. LOVED this workout this morning. My new weighted gloves felt great and I'm still feeling warmth in my arms. This workout isn't so frantic that I didn't feel like I would pull something. I like being more controlled. Felt like a regular Rocky Balboa with the gloves. Oh yeah, calories burned was 349. Have to check last week's Kenpo calorie burn and compare.

Debbie, I know how tough CC#4 is. That one on the bike was a heart thumper for me. I can do without snow. We haven't had any that lasted for more than a few hours yet. Fine with me. We have had icy roads, lots of accidents. Hate that part and glad I don't have to travel far to work. Good plan to workout tomorrow. I'm doing the group bike ride and will still workout on Christmas as we don't have to be anywhere until afternoon. Think Core Synergistics is on the recovery week schedule.

BBL,

Jeanette

Afternoon Maniacs!!

I had fun last night. Didn't drink too much. Enough to have fun and then wake up NOT hung over. We had pizza for dinner, and we ate it late! Not something I usually do, but dh wanted pizza and I wasn't gonna say no, ya know? lol.

When is recovery week for phase 1? My entire body hurts. I had to do the calf raises with the barbell off smith machine. My arms are so friggin' sore I couldn't hold anymore db's yesterday. Now my legs have some serious doms in them. Tomorrow is rest day and I am looking forward to it and going over to my sisters (3 hours away) for Christmas Eve dinner, etc. She is cooking this time. I cooked for Thanksgiving. My time to chill out!!!!!! Bring all the presents to me too!!!! lol.

Amber,

Scale told me I was 119 this morning. WTH? Gained another 4 pounds AGAIN? This is crazy how it jumps up and tomorrow I will weigh 115 again. I don't get it or my body fat monitor. So did you do your kenpo yet?

Diane,

Hope your day is enjoyable looking at homes, etc. How many miles did you end up doing on the treadmill?

Netta,

Yes, looking forward to Kenpo myself. My favorite workout besides Plyo's. I couldn't do plyo's today though. :p I really like P90X. It is working...my gosh, it is doing something. I wonder what results my ectomorph body will get?

Debbie,

Good grief, you burned tons of calories today!!! Great job. Glad you are liking the CC's. Sounds fun. Maybe when we get into new house, we will get a treadmill, but I would still prefer my bike to a treadmill anyday. JMHO.

Randi,

Sorry you have to work. Hope you still have a nice day.

Storm,

You are making some storms...gotta alot going on girlfriend. Look, if the ladies are mean...just dye their hair green. Give bad haircuts to all the naughties as well. Hope your dd starts to feel better. Let us know. I got your other joke. Funny. You crack me up!

Dude, (Lora) lol

You can have a few pieces of chocolate. Won't hurt ya. No habits though. Cheetos are my weakness for now. I am trying not to put any in my mouth. Enjoy the movie. I know dh and kids want to see Eragon. I can't stand fantasy movies, but wouldn't mind watching Charlotte's Web or the Acopol..whatever it is. When is the other bpal update? She said in December? Almost over. I am just curious. So I got a imp of Trick 2 today..smells yummy, but like Trick 1 better. Got a frimp of Candy Butcher too. Really like that one. Just sent me a smiggin' of oil though for that one. I hope you have a nice Christmas. Everything will work out. You will see.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Be back later anyhow as I have to do Kenpo and Ab Ripper...no, didn't do it last night. I would have hurt myself as I was not in my right mind. lol.

Charlotte~~

I just completed Ab Ripper. Well P90Xer's looks like recovery week will bring us more yoga. :eek: ;( :p }( That first yoga will be on Monday (Christmas)...not a good day as everyone will be home and many interruptions galore...so much excitement from presents, etc. I might have to get up extra early and get it out of the way or else.

Gonna wait until around 3 and do Kenpo.

Charlotte~~

I'm talking to myself today??? So I finished Kenpo. Doesn't even seem like a hard workout at all. Just enjoyable. However, I do go into a very low horse stance..more like a chair position cuz I want to work my glutes every chance I get.

Charlotte~~

I did my workout this morning I ran 5.5 miles on the treadmiill, I then did Butts & Guts abs because I recieved my replacements, then I did Yoga Shatki Core and supine poses. We had to stay gone extra long because the first people did not make it for their appointment and someone else wanted to look when we were ready to come home.

Randi, enjoy your rest day.

Amber, even when you stand on the scale it is not true to your progress. I hate scales.

Debbie, as far as the Cardio Coach workouts I do better on the long sprints than the hills:)

Netta, don't you think the gloves make a difference? So I bet the weight is in the palm, right. I just wish I could take the weights out and wash them. Sweaty gloves are like sweaty shoes. Yes, I always try to get in the workout or my I don't feel like things are right.

Charlotte, I am glad you and your dh enjoyed your date. I bet it was the sodium from the pizza that caused a weight gain. I do that when I eat out and I know that I am going to have some water retention. It will go quickly once you eat like your body is used to.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Toasty - I'm here. Was doing E-bay business.

Netta - I don't like group sports.....as I tend to be a loner. You ladies are my only friends!! I don't like being around anyone when I workout. Thanks for the Volunteer idea.

The movie was good, but not as good as my DH expected. It had some funny moments and we enjoyed it.

DH & I had a little talk earlier today. He must know I was on the verge of a breakdown and he knows how difficult he can be and he told me basically what is in "his heart" even though he's being the way he is with all of his yelling, etc. I made a comment about a new job and said "I can put up with some sh#@" and he joked back, you can put up with a lot of S____....an awful lot. You put up with me!!!" and then he said and others or something. Anyway, I feel better. I know he's a good person in his heart....he just lets his rage/anger problem get in the way of things at times. All of that being said, that doesn't mean he still won't give me a lot of crap.....but it's not very often he admits how he can be........so I like to hear it about once a year like I do when he admits it. :+ After the movie - we went to the Mall (yes - it was crazy busy) and picked up a few last minute gifts for the family.

No plans for Christmas Eve tomorrow. My Mom doesn't want us to come over. Just another ordinary day in our household. We celebrate Christmas with my DH's family next weekend (for New Years) cuz they like to spend the actual day with their immediate families.

I'll be around tomorrow.........but you ladies will probably all be busy.

Diane Sue, yes, the weights are in the palms AND in the tops. How do you wash these things? Yuk, they were sweaty when I finished. I just let them air out. Made a better workout for my arms using them.

Charlotte, I'm positive the weight gain is from the sodium. I'm exactly the same way. Used to be the weight gain was only a couple of pounds, now it can be a 4 pound jump! Lots of water, girl. Keep flushing and flushing (lots of bathroom trips, hee hee). Cracked me up that your nose was numb.

Lora, glad you had a talk with your DH. Sounds like the mood was lightened. I hate conflict.

I still have not wrapped a single gift today. For sure tonite.

Jeanette

Lora,

I don't like conflict either and I hate to argue. I will just agree then rather argue and then stick out my tongue behind his back, etc. DD should be a lawyer though. She loves to argue. She will argue and argue until she gets the last word. I am just like..believe what you want if it makes you happy...bye!

Well the phone rang not too long ago and I had to wobble to get it. My legs are extremely sore now. Actually my entire body.

Charlotte~~

Hey Everyone!

Just finished Plyo X. I used these 1 pound ankle weights I have. I put them on my wrists. Not the most comfortable thing, but what a huge difference. I actually liked the workout this time and got a good workout. Except for those star things when he says his HR is 160 and mine was STILL only 129. What the heck? Mine SHOULD have been 199 for having to chase my flabby triceps around the room on that move!!! I hate that one for oh so many reasons. I just don't get how he is 160 on that one???

Jeanette - Glad you like that CD. I was listening to some samples of some of her stuff on Walmart.com and that one seemed good. Sorry you ate the cookies. }( The snow where we are is melting. It was much worse in town. Our FedEx guy almost got stuck in our driveway yesterday in one of our drifts he said. We sure don't get snow like in Vermont or something but that wind just makes our storms so miserable. A woman died b/c she got stuck and was a mile from home and tried to walk. With 45 mph winds and snow you just can't do that. She left her daughter in the car (thank goodness) and she survived. How sad.

Charlotte - Have you noticed whenever you eat pizza you weigh more the next day? It's the salt I'm tellin' ya. Yoga on Christmas. BLECH!!!!! What a lovely Christmas present. I wonder if I can do it tomorrow and take Christmas as my rest day???

Debbie - Great workout today! Ice? I'll have to find that one and listen to a sample of it. I love her music.

Diane Sue - I bet you'll be glad when your house sells and you don't have to be gone so much. :) That was a great run today.

Randi - I hope you're enjoying your family now that your work day is over.

Lora - Glad you and DH worked some stuff out. If I was working out extra for all the crap I've been eating these past couple of weeks I'd be working out from the moment I get up until the moment I go to bed. Hey, not a bad idea. It would keep me from stuffing crap in my mouth!!!

Storm - I hope you made it through the day and I also hope your daughter is feeling better.

Amber - Did you finish your errands and get your workout done? I was beginning to wonder if I was going to make it!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz - I had the same problem with Plyo X sometimes. When my legs were fatigued, I found it difficult to get my HR up. Maybe that's what's happening with you?? Just a thought. I hear ya about the junk. I've been letting my disease take over a bit with my eating.....due to the stress I've been under, I tend to eat comfort food = Pineapple pizza, chocolate and christmas cookies. I'm glad the Holiday will be over soon. My Mom best give away all of her cookies!!! I'm not going to eat them after Christmas. I still have my DH's family to survive though and they are NOT health concsious at all!!

Charlotte - I would think you would love conflict with the little Scorpion bite you have!! }( Libras are natural "peacemakers" and Lovers by nature. I don't know why the DH is like he is. He has a horrid rage/anger problem and then when he has a few days for things to settle in....he starts to think more rationally and his "heart" starts to come out a bit. I think he must have been getting in the spirit of the season with his little bit of niceness he exhibited earlier! He'll be back to his normal self now!!

I better go lay on my balls.......have spasms.

Sounds like you all have had a nice day. I worked this morning and afternoon, then went shopping with Dad, then came home to major housework. i have been scrubbing every inch the last few hours. I need a WO soon though. Probably just cardio. My legs are better, but I am sore everywhere else! Even my abs, specially obliques. My shoulders and chest.
I now have to wrap all the presents.

Holy SH*t. DH just walked by and said "You did a good job" refering to the housecleaning. I almost fell off the chair. DOn't hear that very often.

Lora- glad to hear you in better spirits. Sometimes it takes my DH a little while to "get it". I will be around tomorrow so you won't be lonely!

Char- got your emial, will respond. You cracked me up major last night! Hope your body enjoys a rest. Now I want pizza!

Anne- maybe I will do some B&G tonight with ya! Probably just a premix though!

Deb- enjoy your Holiday. I am the same about the no snow!

Netta- don't you hate when that happens after you type everything!! I will be wrapping with you too!

Suz- are you dug out yet?? Going to get Afterglow too now!

Amber- yes boys are ready!! Excited for them. I like AbRx to, but unfortunately it is among the missing now. Don't have a clue what happened to it. But I know pretty much all the moves by heart, and he does 25 reps, so that it is easy to remember.

DS- I bet your grandkids are getting excited too huh! Sounds like you have been busy with the lookers.

Randi- enjoy your rest today.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all of you in case I don't talk to you before Monday. Enjoy your time!

BBL after WO.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.