Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat Dec 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning was supposed to be my rest day....but my DH didn't take his rest day and I felt "mental" and like I needed to workout, so I did Turbo Jam Total Body Blast. I remember Anne trying this and saying it was easy so I thought it would be good for a recovery day. I can't believe it, but it was fairly easy. I probably could have put maybe just a bit more effort into it to make it a bit harder, but I had a moderate workout. MY HR was in the 120's, 130's, 140's and went to 150 a few times. Not a major "balls to the wall" (as my DH would say) cardio workout. But then, he tells me I shouldn't be doing my cardio like that all of the time. I didn't use weight for any of the ab work since my abs are sore and the ab work was relatively easy also. It was a fun workout though. I burned 372 calories at the end of this 60" workout.

I also did Total Yoga "Water" series and this was so easy and slow that it was almost a joke. I might be trying to pawn this off on a beginning yogi on my yoga check in thread. It only made me want to break out one of my Mark Blanchard DVDs tomorrow!!! LOL.

Have a great rest day or workout day. I'll be back later. I think I'm PMSing with this "mental" stuff going on and my pain is flaring. I'm due to start any day.....so I'll not say this is all from being "jobless" at the moment.

Morning Chickies!

Well, I ended up working 3 hours later than planned yesterday. Isn't that always the way it is when you're trying to get out of work before vacation? My HR problem just won't die! The stress is about to kill me! But it looks like it might finally be over. At least that's what they told me before I left. I hope so. My boss is so awesome and is trying to carry the load for me. Awwww... I thought I was going to have a heart attack yesterday I swear.

Today I'm going to do CC#5 instead of Kenpo X b/c I didn't have time to get weighted gloves at Target and I want more of a calorie burn. We have my Christmas party from 4-6 and DH's from 6-whenever. I really wanted to sleep in today but I woke at 5am with a headache (not migraine - whew!) so I took Excedrin which is like a big cup of coffee. Hehehe. The headache's gone but so is the sleep. So I figured I'd get up, visit you all and go work out. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooper windy today. I just love that because I'll fix my hair all perty for tonight and then I'll walk out the door and look like some kind of FREAK SHOW. Remember in Bridget Jones' Diary when she goes with Hugh Grant in the convertible to that weekend getaway how her hair looks when they arrive? That will be me tonight at the Christmas parties. :p Gotta love Wyoming. They have t-shirts here that say "Wyoming Wind Festival: January 1 - December 31".

Later gators!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning, today I am doing Low Impact Circuit Cardio Blast Timesaver no str and Low Max premix intervals 4-7. Then abs and stretching or yoga. Depending on time. We have people looking at our house at 12.

Lora, I know it is hard to do lower intensity stuff. I try to make myself back off here and there so I can recover some. That is why I am doing Low Impact today.

Suz, I am glad your headache went away. Have fun at your parties.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - good luck with your lookers! It sounds like you have a busy real estate market and lots of lookers. That's great! I hope you sell soon. Have you found a house you like? Isn't it fun looking at houses?

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Morning ladies,
It has sure been a week. Is Christmas over yet? Too much stress...
Well, no w/o last night. Left work at 7 , groc shopping and home. I did not get home till 9pm.Then unload and make some salad. I was starving..
I dropped 2#. I am so hungry though...I guess i will get used to the i want food. I think the word diet makes you hungry.
Hopefully out of here early today.
Guess it is double w/o night today and tomorrw, then shopping to finish up.
Well, gotta do some work now. Talk later.
Happy w/outs.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I did Cardio Coach #3. Had a pretty good workout, didn't feel like doing cardio today but since I eat more on Saturday's I like getting it done. Workout was 49 minutes and I was in my zone for 35 minutes and burned 260 calories. Should have stayed on longer but need to get out of here early. Got a hair appointment and I'm heading out to Youngstown to see my dad.

Suz - Have fun with CC #5! Thats one I don't have yet.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning maniacs!

Deb..suz.and others, you got me think about these cardiocoach's, can you use it with either the stairmaster or elliptical?

Ya know one down side of sharing with you guys is,....I could go broke here..LOL Want more yoga..want bar, want this want that.

On to Kenpo X today, can't wait, I love these back to back days of legs/glutes and kenpo.

Suz...happy day one of a nice refreshing break. I am so absolutely jealous. I can take as much time off as I want to but I don't! I am patiently waiting for our Feb Mexico trip. I kinda wanted to change that up to Costa Rica this year, but I have been vetoed. So...Mexico it is.

Lora...I'm putting Buckcherry into the cd player now!!!!!

Amber

Just realized I put costa rica, I was actually vetoed on the cayman islands..not costa rica. but i've never been to costa rica either, but that is in mexico duh.....as my DH says.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Me again. Finished CC#5. Debbie, you've GOT to get that one. I love it! I thought I was gonna puke on the sprints at the end. I drank a little too much water between srpint 2 and 3. Ooops. :) Because of all of you, I stayed on for 65 minutes. And for once I did the stretch at the end. I NEVER do the stretch. My hands were tingling sooooo bad. I think it must be the Topamax. You're supposed to drink lots of water with this drug and I haven't been. I bet that's why. It was only when my HR was in the upper 180's and lower 190's. On the rests the tingling would become lighter. What a wild feeling!

Amber - you MUST get some Cardio Coaches. Repeat after me, I WILL BUY AT LEAST ONE CARDIO COACH. They're only like $14.95 or something. I think #5 is my favorite. I use them with my elliptical and my bike and also with running outside which I only do when I'm at my dad's or in Mexico. Where in Mexico are you going? We were supposed to go in Feb (we've gone in Feb the past 3 years) but have decided not to this year b/c of so many other things going on. :( We go to Playa del Carmen. Have we already had this discussion? I'm having deja vu.

Storm - CONGRATS on the 2 pounds. You go girl!

Suz

Suz..Nope...not with me, but I do remember seeing your pix...and that beach looked like the resort we stayed at...but we were at the Catelonia riveria maya...or something like that. It was very nice remote, all inclusive kind of place. DH's niece got married there so the whole family went. Can you tell, I usually just go where DH tells me..kicking and screaming that I don't want leave my computer, my cell phone etc.. I did like it much better than Cancun. But, 3 years in a row...I kinda wanted to try something new. I'm gonna back and look at your pix..I wonder now if those two places are close.
AMber

Morning,
Today was KenpoX. New HRM (Digital Timex) worked fine with my TV and said I burned 383 calories, though I highly doubt that. I'll check the calorie burn for comparison purposes. I barely get over 200 doing a Cardio Coach. I have to get some weighted gloves. Any suggestions for some? I have pretty small hands.

Sounds like some good workouts going on. I need to get off the computer before DH comes home and thinks that's all I do anymore LOL.

Jeanette

Hey Jeanette!

I hope you're feeling better. Diane Sue posted this when I asked her about the weighted gloves:

Suz, I got my weighted gloves at Target they are Sportline and the palm is open the weights are on the back of the hand. I really like them.

Hope that helps! Have a great Saturday. :)

Suz

Gosh guys...I did my heart rate manually, (pulse for 10)..and I was up to 180 without a HRM!! I might die with weighted gloves...but maybe by Phase 3. I really love this kenpox..feels so good afterwards great sweat!!! My face is beet red!!!

Suz...I'm gonna bust out the mexico pictures, I can't believe it but they are still my camera from last Jan!!!!

off to do clean x!!! shop x cook x wine x

well wine x while cook x is the best!!

Amber

Thanks, Suz, for the suggestion. Just ordered some gloves. Bet that'll help the old HR. I am feeling better. Doing some housework. Boiled some barley and burned it too. I just can't stay concentrating on cooking. Got to get out and do some shopping today.

Amber, I like KenpoX too. I like that it's not too frantic and things change so frequently.

Randi, haven't done that premix yet for B&G. How is it?

Anne, way to go on the 2#! Keep going, girl, it'll come off. Stay away from those late night meals.

Jeanette

Morning Maniacs! So far today has been Errand X. I've been driving and going in stores all morning! Now it's computer X and then hopefully a real workout. DH is hogging the workout room today. He like spends hours in there watching TV and lifting and all that BS.

I'm going to go out of town for Christmas. We are going to Las Vegas on Thursday for a night and then off to Carmel (Bebble Beach) California on Friday until whenever we decide to come home. Probably before the New Year. We are taking the bikes!

Diane Sue- Yes, I got your post on the CTX sheets. I found the one I was missing. Good luck with the house selling. Hope it happens fast, so you can get back to your normal routine.

Lora- It's nice to just do an easier workout once in a while. Is your DH still doing P90X?

Suz- Darn you had to work extra! That's how it always goes. Good job on CC5 today and pushing it to 65 min + the stretch. I think I need to do CC 1 thru 6 just to burn off what I ate yesterday. LOL! I'm being good today.:) Love that T-shirt about the wind festival. That's hilarious!

Anne- Christmas ain't over yet and the stress is just beginning! LOL!
Way to go on the 2lb. loss! YEAH!:)

Debbie- Have fun getting your hair cut and seeing your dad. Good job on CC #3!

Amber- I think you would love the CC's. They really are some great workouts for ANY cardio machine. I'm planning on doing them alot after the holidays are over. Rockin to BuckCherry eh? You go girl!

Randi-Haven't done that one yet. Mainly because I don't have my DVD's yet. Hopefully I'll get them next week.

Jeanette- I'm glad your HRM is working by the TV. So are you going to try it with a CC to compare calorie burn? That does seem high for Kenpo, but then I don't normally get high numbers with my HRM either. What gloves did you order?

Char- Thanks! Got the card!:)

Hi to everyone else.

Well I'm starving, so I'm off to find something good and clean to eat. This will probably require some effort which I don't like. LOL!

My weighted gloves are Everlasts from Amazon.com and I have very small hands. I love them. They were only $10.

Dallys- yes, he's still doing P90X. Today was his rest day but he went for a run instead.

Dallys, I'm jealous you are going to Carmel! I love that area. I have a friend that just went down their recently and he rode his bike. It was like 70 degrees and he was loving it! Yep, I'm going to do a Cardio Coach soon this next week. I said it, now I'd better do it. No more excuses for me. I'll be curious to see the difference in calorie burn. Oh yeah, I want to go with you to Pebble Beach.

Lora, I bought some gloves from Amazon, but they were more than $10. Think they were $14 but then the shipping thing and oh well. Lora, how is your DH looking on P90X? Is he getting ripped? Does he love it?

Off to go shopping now.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.