Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sat April 28

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and I don't feel like working out. Not unusual for this to happen after I've taken a few days off......thus one of the reasons I don't like rest days. I think I'm going to do some step aerobics and hopefully Squeeze lower body & abs plus yoga. We'll see. Be back in a bit.

Jen - I think you've made slow, steady progress -- which is the best way to progress from what I've read. I would also agree that increasing your cardio a bit might help. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work. LOL on the Declawed statement. Sorry you are still having a stressful time at work. That can get old.

Diane Sue - I'm really not feeling the music on Tracey's DVDs. I wish it was better. I'm not inclined to pick them up as much because of that. I especially don't like what I heard on the Sculpt DVD. CIA's music this year has really spoiled me.

I best go get busy.

I ended up doing CIA Step Euphoria with Kim Miller with my own cool down and stretch added on for 70" and burned 450 calories. The last couple combos got tricky with the coreography so I repeated them to learn them. It will be more fun once I learn all of it. I was able to push my HR for the first 30" since I already did most of that part. I then did Power Squeeze lower body and abs followed by Yoga Shakti from the matrix - Dancing Warrior 4, Standing Poses 1, Backbend Prep, Supine poses, forward bending and Twisting followed by Inversions and Shavasana (60").

Have a great rest day or workout everyone. I"m happy cuz I listed my Ebay stuff last night so I don't have to do that later. Maybe I'll do some Kundalini or Classical Stretch later. We're going to see either The Condemned or Vacancy today.

Diane Sue - Brooklyn's recovering from her surgery slowly. She tore one of the bandages off by herself yesterday and today we took the other one off (a day early). She is a bit more active today and only cried during yoga once and I had to hold her for a bit. She cuddled up to me when I was in Shavasana. She REALLY missed us when we were gone. Last night - she was in my lap all night while I posted my stuff on Ebay. Every time I put her down to get up for a minute - she cried until I held her again. Just like a little baby! She's a sweetie. How's Puddle doing? Back to normal yet?

This is Phase 6 Week 12, last week for this rotation. I liked this routine better then last week, it was using negatives for positive and negative with 5/5 count. Did 3 sets/5 reps with 2 minutes rest. Worked to failure.

Chest:
Barbell Press: 70# - 3 sets/5 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press - 25's - 1 set/5 reps; 27's - 2 sets/5 reps (should have used 30's)
Flat Dumbbell Flye: 25's - 1 set/5 reps; 27's - 2 sets/5 reps

Triceps:
Close Grip Press: 55# - 3 sets/5 reps (really felt this in the front of my shoulders)
Kickbacks: 10's - 3 sets/5 reps (these really burned

Abs:
Low Impact Circuit Ab work

I took an upper body shot this morning, hope this comes out:

0428_front_small.jpg

I need to take more and will in a couple weeks. Still want to tweak myself a bit. LOL!

Hope you all have a great workout and weekend!

Debbie,

WOW YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!! Keep up the hard work it really shows!!
Congrats!! I am in awe!

Sincerely,
Lisa

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest Kickbox and about 17 minutes of the hi lo workout, then I did Sweatfest Sculpt upper premix no stretch, Tracey's core conditioning no w/up or str, then finished with Yoga Shatki dancing warrior 4, lunge, and supine poses.
We are off for a ride on the motorcycle.

Lora, I hope Brooklyn improves quickly. When I had Mudd Spayed last month she managed to get rid of all of her stitches except one before I took her in. She is really an active dog. Puddle is almost all of the way back to normal I quit giving her doggie aspirin since she was walking on all four feet. I did not mind the music at all on Tracey's new dvd. I listen to most anything though. Even the classical cool down I have in my cd's. I love almost any music and it really depends on my mood what I would rather hear at the time.

Debbie, you have some impressive definition. I can't wait to see more pictures. I bet when you finish doing super sets you are going to be so lean and defined:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi ladies! No WO for me today. Trying to plow through BFFM to set up my strategy for the week. Once I plugged my stats in to some of the formulas, my results looked much better. Almost every month, I decreased body fat and increased lean body mass except for what I did in December. I'll have to check my WO calendar to see what rotation I was following at the time. Whatever it was, I need to eat more doing that type of rotation, because there was no change in fat loss, but I lost a bit of lean muscle mass. I am really enjoying the book so far! So, are any of you watching the show Working Out on Bravo? I saw a few episodes during a marathon showing and got sucked in!

Diane Sue-My dad used to race motorcycles, so I grew up around them. I hope you had a great ride today! :D Were you just going around town or did you get to a particular destination today? Thanks for the feedback on my stats. I was eyeing Deb's Circuit Mix Rotation next, so I'll give it a try. I like circuits better than straight cardio-it just seems to make the time go faster.

Lora-Thanks very much for your encouragement! :) :) I know rest days can be tough sometimes. Some days I take them in stride and some days I feel really anxious that I am not working out....and that's with just the one workout I do...which is not nearly as much daily activity as you get in!

Deb-You look AMAZING! :eek: :eek: :eek: What's left to tweak?!? LOL!

Lisa-Hi there! It's always nice when you get to pop in! How's your training going?

Hi to all the maniacs to follow! Have a great night everyone....off to continue reading.

Jen

Jen, I like circuits because I can get everything done in a shorter amount of time:) We went out of the city to check out the locations of a couple of destinations. It is always interesting to check out other areas. Most of the time we go riding around one of the local lakes.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Jen,

My training is going so so-not as good as Debbies!!! Today I did Low-Max and I have not done that in a while and I had alot of fun!! Thank-you so much for asking.

Hello to Char, Megadoo, Marietta, Debbie, Diane Sue, Lora, Suz, Amber, and of course my favorite Maniac Anne-whats up girl?

Have a great evening everyone!! Oh I almost forgot hello to Janie Joy and Gidget? Lora?

Oooooo I can not forget Dallys and Randi!!! Dallys are you in your hot tub?? I hope you are having fun!!

Sincerely,
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.