Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Sat 2-13

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Ugh...had to get up at 4:30 after working late. Only got 4 hours of sleep. Didn't have a great workout. I did Reebok Cardio Tone. Max HR was only 143 and I burned 470 calories in 60".

I'm training new peeps at work. I get nervous around new peeps...so I'm a bit stressed.

Have great workouts everyone.

Today was Total Body and I really like doing weights on Saturday's. Not sure why. Probably because I hate doing cardio on any day and especially on Saturday's. :rofl:

Had a great workout. I was sweating my ass off by the time I was done. Lifted very heavy and honestly, I'm glad there were only 2 sets.

This was the same workout as last Friday, but in superset format.

2 sets of 12 reps each superset with a 90 second rest between each superset. Thank God for that too!

SS #1
Upright Rows - 50# (Up 5#)
ss w/
Leg Press Station - 160# (Up 5#)
***Upright rows were a challenge. Weird how my right shoulder doesn't hurt much right now. I was able to do this exercise with not even a ping.

SS #2
Dumbbell Press - 37's (up 2#)
ss w/
Zottman Curls - 20's (up 5#)
***This was a tough superset. Felt a lot of burn in my outer chest muscles, even with the Zottman's. 2nd set was brutal.

SS #3
Double Arm Overhead Tricep Extensions - 17's (Up 2#)
ss w/
Still Leg Deads - 85# (Up 5#)
***Another tough superset. Triceps were screaming and with the 2nd set of SLDL's I only made 10 reps. Felt my form suffering and didn't want to risk injury.

Going out with dh for Ihop and a Movie for Valentine's day. We will see either To Paris with Love or Edge of Darkness. Both movies look really good.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TOMORROW EVERYONE!!!

Debbie, enjoy whichever movie you decide on. I usually wait till they show up on Direct tv. We watched couples retreat last night.

Lora, I didn't get much sleep last night either. I hope work is good for you. You got a nice calorie burn. Just to get that I feel I would have to work my booty off.

OMG 4 hours of sleep?? I would be completely incoherent and useless. Anything under six for me is bad...I teach and I find if I get too little sleep I just don't feel like I do a good job.

Couples' Retreat is a good movie. We saw it in the theater but I'm sure bf will snag it as soon as he sees the DVD. He loves DVDs. We're not seeing a movie for V day, but I would like to go see one soon; I havent seen a movie since Christmas. We usually go more often, but works been busy.

I just finished doing Circuit Blast for the first time, and I really liked it! It was a lot of fun. I read that some people think of it as Drill Max Light, which makes me want Drill Max, although maybe not quite yet because it would probably slay me. I know for some people Circuit Blast is a bit short, but for me it's perfect. I never do long cardio anyway and liked how things switched a lot...lots of variety! There were a lot of neat exercises.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.