HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS - OCT. 3RD

Good Morning -

Sunday's are so quiet here, but starting a thread -- just in case. All I did yesterday was Slow and Heavy shoulders and biceps. Intentionally chose smaller muscle groups. My cold seems to have settled in my chest :( . I saw your post yesterday afternoon, Diane Sue. Sound words. I am letting it run its course, but feel pretty :confused: I had an Imax (hadn't decided which one) scheduled for today and some weight work. Hmmmmm. I just don't know. Have some other things to do and I'll see how I progress. I don't feel terrible - but don't feel very good (at all) either. Btw, since that one super cold day we had awhile back, the weather has been beautiful here. Even some quite hot days. 80's in the forecast all week. :D

Hi Hermia - Usually hear from you on the weekends. Hope things are going well :)

Enjoy your day -

Lori

No workout today. I just pretty much sat around. I am hoping to do a lower body workout tomorrow. Funny, my quads and glutes are still sore from the Pyramid up and lower cardio from High Step Training Advanced workout last week. I must have found "the exercises" LOL I did spend some time this morning stretching them out.

Lori, I hope that your body fights everything off quickly. Maybe some nice steamy showers would help. I use saline nasal sprays quite a bit. I know how that is, feeling not too bad but not that good either. If you start running a fever or something though, you might want to get it checked out. I rarely go to the doctor for a cold or anything. About 18 months ago though, I just started feeling bad. Not terrible, but tired of coughing and not so good. You know how that is. Anyway, I went in to the doctor and they found I had pneumonia. I didn't really start feeling sick till I got to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription dragging my grandbaby with me. They took forever to get that prescription ready and I had to sit in the car and try to get a handle on myself to drive home. Not sure why I didn't call my family for help. DD was in the office and she said looking at me she would not have thought I was sick. I rarely let it get me down but I was down after that for awhile. DH was in Kosovo at the time. Anyway, just saying, be careful with the chest thing. Once over it all I went back and got a pneumonia shot.

Last edited:
Lori, sorry you are sick. =(
I certainly hope it isn't anything bad. I've never had pneumonia, but it sounds quite unpleasant. I did have a super nasty bronchial infection a few years ago, though (I assume that's more or less what it was...I never went to the doctor), and my mom gave me some really awesome homeopathic medicine that took care of it really quickly. I was amazed, actually.

Four more class sessions (2 weeks) of my night class (this is the class that gives me a fifteen hour day on Tuesdays and Thursdays and pretty much slays me). I am so looking forward to this being over and I can have a more normal workload and get back to better workouts (and hopefully at least five a week).

Here's the bit I've done this week...not too impressive, but anyways...

Monday---level 1/2 yoga class

Friday---Tracey's HISM II through interval 4, one of Amy's ab workouts, but just four exercises from it, then squats, calves, leg extensions and glute tucks from Legs and Glutes

Saturday--Level 2 yoga class...really like this teacher

Sunday---the Dome workout from one of Amy's cardios...forget which one. It's only about half an hour, maybe not even quite that, but I gave up some workout time to go with Mark to his family's house to print out our save the date cards. We're pretty big slackers when it comes to wedding planning, so it was good that we went.

Time to get ready for bed! =)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.