Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for month of July!!!

Today I did Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's and had a great workout. I didn't go up in weights from last week, but I really worked my muscles hard. I changed the last exercise because I don't like that Tricep Extention thing she does with the band. Just doesn't feel safe to me.

This is what I did:

BICEPS
Dumbbell Curls - 20's - 2 sets 10 reps; 1 set 11 reps
Simultaneous Rotational Curls - 15's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Concentration Curls - 20# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Hammer Curl Double Arm Crazy 8's - 12's - 24 reps

TRICEPS
Tricep Pushups - 3 sets (getting good at these!)
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 8's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension - 15# - Did all the reps and pulses Cathe did. Really felt it.

I sure miss all our Hardcore friends. I went a few years back and checked out our older posts and we had so many people on this check in. Such a shame they are all gone. I wonder if they still visit this board at all? Toasty, Shewolf, Sunnyside, Lora, Randidiane and Megadoo and so many other. Where did they all go? :(

Last edited:
I think I'm done with workouts until Monday. Knees are still bothering me and other than walking, I won't be doing anything else. I sure hope they are better for next week. I miss doing the leg workouts. :(

Hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend!

I did not have time to workout while out of town. This morning was rushed so I did Les Mills Sports Attack 31 minutes, 194 calories. I then did Les Mills Pump and Burn, 34 minutes, 133 calories. Total time was 65 minutes and calories 327 calories.

I hope everyone had a fun July 4th :) This morning I did X train all out low impact hiit mix, floor cardio, disc, and core 1, 38 minutes, 201 calories. I then did P90X3 CVX 33 minutes, 223 calories. Total time was 71 minutes and calories burned 424.

This morning's workout was Cathe's X train biceps and triceps, T25 Extreme Circuit, and P90X3 Pilates. My workout was 1 hr 45 minutes and calories burned 450. When I did the shorter Les Mills Pump on my last weight day it did not include biceps and triceps so I wanted to get a little more time in in that area. I am looking forward to Piyo. It won't require me to drag out tons of equipment and should be joint friendly. I liked that there were worksheets including some P90X3 which will be nice later.

Today I did Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders and had a great workout. Cathe had just the regular Chest, Back and Shoulders workout again. I've done that three weeks in a row. I'm tired of it. So I did the burn sets one. Had a great workout. Upped the weights on some exercises.

This is what I did:

CHEST
Dumbbell Chest Press - 35's - 1 set 10 reps; 2nd set 30's; 3rd set 30's 12 reps
Dumbbell Chest Fly - 25's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press - 25's - 1 set 10 reps; 2nd set 30's; 3rd set 30's 12 reps
Pushups - 16 reps

BACK
One Arm Row - 30# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 11 reps
Double Arm Row - 20's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Rear Delt Fly - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Supermans - Skipped

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 8# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 10 reps
Single Arm Rear Delt Raise - 8# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 14 reps
Scarecrows - 5# - 12 reps

Then my sister-in-law and I went to the park and walked about 1.5 miles. It's getting humid here again so I was really sweating. My left knee is still bothering me a bit but is healing. Friday my dh and I went to the zoo and my left knee hurt so bad I didn't think I could walk that much. But I took some Aleve and it seemed the more I walked the better it felt. When I got home I iced it and it's been ok ever since. It hurts only in the morning when I wake up.

Today I did X Train Cardio Leg Blast strength only, T25 Gamma Pyramid, Les Mills Pump Hardcore Abs, and Chalean Extreme Recharge. Total time was 1 hr 42 minutes and calories burned 532. My new HR monitor does not give the best numbers for calories but the HR is accurate. Anyway I was 100 calories under what the Workout Manager has for Cardio Leg Blast.

Debbie, my knee that I had the surgery on hurt after my trip to the Zoo a week ago. I think all of the walking and hilly paths in the zoo affected it. It is much better now though. I chose not to do Cardio leg blast with the cardio though because of all of the jumping.

Knee is still hurting a bit. I don't really know what is causing this. When I sleep and wake up it hurts really bad. Once I start walking on it and moving around it's fine. When I bend it, it hurts but not bad. I really wish it would just heal. I have been having great workouts and I can't really work my legs until it feels better.

Today I went to the park and walked until the skies opened and it poured on me. Why don't we get normal rain anymore? We seem to only get monsoons here. Anyways, this park is where I grew up. They recently put an asphalt towpath in and it goes through the park and up to a football field that I used to live right in front of when I went to school (my high school football field). So I went into the football field and walked the track once and jogged it the second time around. Then when I was heading back to the park the skies opened. I was soaked by the time I got to my car.

Oh well, I at least got 2 miles in so I'm happy with that. I may do some planks later and maybe an ab workout.

Diane Sue - I wish I knew what was causing this. It is so weird.

Roselyn - What did you do in the Bahamas? Did you take boat rides or anything like that? Is it beautiful there? I'm sure it is. I want to go so bad!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Muscle Up shoulders and arms, 22 minutes. I then did Les Mills Combat Extreme Cardio Fighter 54 minutes. Then I made Oxygen Magazine Cashew Chicken Stew for our lunch. I bought the stuff and forgot I did not have my recipes with me. I did a search though and found it. Debbie, I even found you posting the recipe on the yahoo search. Total workout time was 76 minutes and calories burned 400.
Piyo is supposed to be here Saturday :D

Debbie, I hope you can get your knee back to normal. Before my surgery I had pain that would get better and then just some little thing would set it off. Even some yoga twists or bends would set it off then I would lay off and do only upper work for a few days and it would get better. The stairs in the house was hard on it.

Today was Xtrain Bi's & Tri's and I had an excellent workout!!! Cathe's rotation wanted me to do Bi's & Tri's Burn Sets again but I'm getting tired of that workout. So I did this one instead.

This is what I did:

Round 1
Alternating Standing Curls- 15's - 12 reps
Standing Overhead Tricep Extension - 25# - 16 reps

Round 2
Incline Curls on Ball- 17's - 16 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 16 reps

Round 3
Seated Concentration Curls- 17# - 16 reps
One Arm Kickbacks w/Tubing - 8's no tubing - 16 reps

Round 4
"W" Curls w/tubing- 8's# - 16 reps
Seesaw Pushups - 12 reps

Round 5
Seated Hammer Curl on Ball- 15's - 16 reps
One-Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 12# (only got to 15 reps)

Round 6
Preacher Curl on Ball- 15# - 16 reps
Side Leaning Overhead Extension - 8# - 16 reps

Round 7
SlowMo Eccentric Curls w/Tubing- 5's - 16 reps
Cross-Body Extensions - 12# - 16 reps

Round 8
Incline Reverse Curls- 15's - 16 reps
One Arm Plank Kickbacks - 8's no plank - 16 reps

Round 9
Hammer Curl Crazy 8's- 12's - 28 reps
Crazy Dips - Skipped

Hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Debbie, the Bahamas was awesome, we laid around the beach, went down some crazy ass slides, fed dolphins and stingrays a lot of relaxation, it was great

Today I did Athletic Step.

Today's workout was Kelly Coffey Muscle Up back, chest, and bonus abs, 33 minute. I then did Chalean Extreme Intervals, 42 minutes, Total time was 75 minutes. We had a change of activity plans so I was rushing to get done to go out. I have an appointment tomorrow morning so will be at it bright and early again.

Roselyn, your vacation sounds wonderful. I be you felt so rested when you got home:)

Nothing for me today. Knee still hurts. I need to figure out what is going on. My first step is to go to Dick's and get some GOOD walking shoes. This all started when I bought cheap ass walking shoes at Wal Mart (should have known better) and then my DH and I did that 6 mile walk. Things went downhill after that. So that is my first step. If that doesn't work I'll go see my doctor.

So I am trying to give it a break and not walk until I get the shoes. I may do an upper body workout tomorrow just so I can get something in.

Roselyn - That sounds like heaven!!! :)

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday!

Today I had an appointment so I just did Intensity minus the bonus. 57 minutes, 401 calories.
Piyo came today so I am excited about that.

Debbie, good idea to rest the leg. Upper Body would work for a bit. I have to be careful about shoes and what I am using them for. Most of the work I do, I use cross trainers. I do like to keep a pair for running and walking. I won't buy cheap shoes because they almost never work and I just waste my money.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.