Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Monday Oct 9

acatalina

Cathlete
It is 2:51 am and i cannot sleep.
Help . I figured i would start today off(sippimg on my green tea).Trying to get tired again.

Today is GS chest and tri, my fav for some reason , a section of coremax and at least 20 min or more on the treadmill.

Charlotte and Deb. You two are going to be huge...
20 # on lying dumbell ext.Are you doing the 2 back or 1 to the side. God i give out on 10's with chest and tri's.

Godess, don't feel like you didn't have a good w/o chest and tri is a tough one.
Maeg, 4 mile run is great. I have been doing 2-3 but it is mostly intervals with incline and some lower speeds. Don't think i could run 20 min at 5 on a 10 incline. ( Falling over thnking about it.
Have a great day ladies. Check back later.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Morning Fit Ladies -

Sorry you couldn't sleep Anne.

This morning I did Body Blast Push and Pull. I pretty much matched Cathe's weights on this and I don't really feel like I worked hard enough. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. It took me 1 hour to complete this workout with setting up and putting away equipment. I wish I had a workout room.

I can't believe it's Monday already. Time sure flies on the weekends. I just realized today is a Holiday also.......darn.....I have to wait until tomorrow for my BPAL package. I was looking forward to my Trick or Treat Oils and shirts.

I'm sitting here with heat on my shoulders. Something in Friday's Amy Bento weight work severely aggravated my shoulders and they are both really spasmed. I think I might have did bent over lateral shoulder raises with too heavy of weight.

Have great workouts and I'll try to check in from work.

ETA: The movie "The Departed" was very good yesterday. It's a Scorcese film. It might be a little too violent for some of you ladies here....but if you can handle a movie like the Godfather, I think you could handle this. I thought it was very good. There were a lot of good actors in it, Matt Damon, Leonardo Dicaprio, Jack Nicholson, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen...to name a few.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Another one here that couldn't sleep. Might have to take a nap later. Oh, yeah, it is Columbus Day, right?

I decided I am gonna work my legs on my off days since I am not doing cardio anymore. Gonna do BBM today.

Lora,

Thanks for the reviews.
I hadn't done push and pull in some time.
Let me know how you like your scents...me so curious!
Hope your shoulder feels better soon. I know I have to be careful of mine too.

Anne,

Hope you have a great workout day...and don't fall over. I know what you did yesterday....he he.

Charlotte~~

Sorry to say I slept like a log. I always do! LOL!

This morning I did Cardio Kicks. Had a great workout but probably should have done something else. My upper body is really sore from yesterday. I wore my 1# wrist weights for this workout. I was in my zone for 37 min. and burned 257 calories. Thats 10 calories LESS then what I burned yesterday doing weights. Go figure.

Meaghan - excellent on the run yesterday! I wonder if I'll ever get up to 4 miles on my treadmill? I doubt it!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning,
Todays workout is Slow & Heavy Legs & shoulders and Straight Up Step. This will be my 6th week doing S&H and GS alternating weeks. Later this week will be SS unless something changes. I think I am about ready for something else. Wish Cathe's new ones would come out soon. Hi to everyone.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Hi everyone! I also sleep like a baby last night. It was hard to get out of bed because it's darker now.

Yesterday I did Shoulder Chest and tris. I didn't do any cardio. Got caught up in a dumb movie. Today will be Plyo X. I love this workout. I'm finally able to do a half way decent tuck jump.

Debbie. My chest workout yesterday has one arm push-ups. I do them on my knees since they are toward the end of a gazillion push-ups in that workout. I can do 16 on my knees, but only got 12 in yesterday as I tried to go lower. Tony gives a good tip on keeping your one arm in the center of your body and slightly rotating your chest out to the side. That helps alot with the balance of them. It's VERRRRRRRY hard to go deep with these. He also does clapping push-ups which are my fav. }(

Lora, sorry you all didn't sleep well. It's frustating when that happens. I want to see the Departed. Does it have embarrassing sex scenes? I want to go with my 18 yr. old son, but don't do well if it's embarrassing you know. We can handle gory together, but no the other. LOL!

Diane Sue, I can't wait for Cathe's either.

Goldenrun, Don't feel bad about your workout. I'll probably never lift some of the weight some of these maniacs are. I'm not trying to gain much muscle size so I'm doing higher reps and trying for lower body fat right now. Just do what you can do and only compare yourself to yourself. It's hard though isn't it? LOL!

Toasty, What is BBM?

Hi! to Meg and Lisa (where are you?) and Annette(if she's still reading :)) and Sandy and Marietta and Randi and Jeanette and Suz. Is that it? I need to write everyones name down sometime. LOL!

Have a great day today!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionic Yoga Woman,

Bigger Bowel Movement..nah, just kidding! tee he. Big Butt Management by Wendy McCaffrey. My butt is actually getting smaller, but anyhoo... Basically 3 sets of 20 reps of the following:

kickbacks w/cable machine, each leg
bench step ups (right and left leg)
stiff legged deadlifts
lunges (right/left legs)
duck squats
Bonus: Butt Blaster (20 reps each leg)
Hamstring Curl (same)

Charlotte~~

Anne,

Too much potty talk here today. Literally! he he. Now let's talk beauty....
You should see what I look like now. Just finishing dyeing hair. I look like some alien creature with the bulk of my hair in a point, under shower cap...well you would know..your in the haircut business. Got crestwhite strips along my teeth. Just finished with a facial, but I am not looking too beautiful right now. Actually, very scary looking. lol.

Charlotte~~

Good morning:)
I just got done doing Body Max! I cant wait for the new one!
Got to go to work
talk to you later
randi

Finished my workout and ate. I am getting around quicker today:)
I did Straight Up Step no str, 1.5 mile run on treadmill, S&H Legs and shoulders minus the w/up, AMy Bentos Str#1.
lunge 20# dumbbells
squat Bowflex 260#
reverse lunge 20# dumbbells
barbell static lunge 75#
dumbbell side lunge 35# dumbbell
plie squats 85# dumbbell
standing calf raises 35# dumbbells
front shoulder raise 10# dumbbells
side lateral raise 12#, 10#,10# dumbbells
posterior delt raise 8#,10# 10# dumbbells
seated overhead press 20# dumbbells
lying rotator cuff 5#

Charlotte, I know there are times where I have my teeth whitening trays in my mouth and hair conditioner on my head with a cap and do abwork. Boy could that scare someone if they came in LOL

Anne, Charlotte, I didn't sleep much either and then dh was called to go to work early this morning. I know this is really going to hit later.

Goldenrun, you can make your own gains at the weight levels that are right for you. I do not lift as much as some of the others here either. It has taken a long time for me to get where I am and I don't know as I would push myself to much higher than I already am. I guess it is all in what you want to accomplish. I will soon drop back down for awhile and go into more of a fat burning rotation.

Randi, I like Bodymax. That was one of my first and used a lot. I am really looking forward to the new one too!

Debbie, I would have thought Cardio Kicks would burn more calories than that. I am surprised.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

You guys are cracking me up with the potty talk!

Diane Sue - I never burn a lot with Cardio Kicks. It takes a long time for me to even get into my zone with this one. I was surprised I burned that much. Great workout, you are really throwing around some serious weights!!!

Happy Monday!!

Off work today for the Columbus Day holiday!!

Did a 4.5 mile run and then later did HSC...that might be all, but who knows...

Sorry about all you ladies that didn't sleep well...I've finally had a couple of good nights of sleep so I'm happy about that.

And you ladies with potty mouths....behave yourselves!!

I don't like Cardio Kicks either and if it didn't have Circuit Max on the DVD, I'd give it away.

On the June rotation, Cathe has a Butt workout similar to the one Toasty decribes above...just an FYI.

Have great workouts....seize the day!!

~Marietta
http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/6/875/115861329517270.gif
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Diana Sue - Geez........how long did it take you to finish your workout? You're beyond maniac! or.....at least you get the Gold Star on your forehead today!

Debbie - Have you ever used the oil mask stuff from Avon for your hair? I don't have the name here at work (i'll look when I get home). It's $6.50. I'm thinking of buying it. Have you ever sold to us maniacs and shipped to us?

Charlotte- I think you'll love Black Rose! I'm not into rose, but I love Black Rose (reminds me I don't have a bottle). Also Alice is yummy and i love Elegba and White Rabbit.

Hi guys. No WO yet today. Had to go to pharmacy and get more pain killers. Really needed them today, geesh. Waiting for them to work so I can actually hold a dumbell!LOL! Really want to get a good upper body and ab WO. Should do some cardio too, maybe a run later since it is so beautiful, but my legs are a bit tired. Shall see.

Char- did you change your hair color? I need to do something badly, but $$$, ya know.

Lora- I like Avon's facial cleansers, mask, and toners. Never tried the hair stuff, but if you do, I would love a review!

DS- great WO! You are very inspiring to me you know.

Anne- I hope you can get a good sleep tonight. I know you have been trying to change your eating habits, so are you going to bed hungry? Maybe could be a reason.

Randi- good job!

Deb- I remember when I couldn't run 4 feet let alone miles. Just time. I know it must be difficult if your legs won't cooperate, but maybe over time they will adjust. You do such a good job with everything though, so don't worry!

Dallys- so wishing I had that hot tub lady! Must feel great after a good WO!

Marietta- good run! I was thinking of you last night as I was striving for that last 1/2 mile!

Well, I am going outside with the boys to relax and enjoy the last warm day of the year.
BBL

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Hey Maniacs! I'm taking a little break from work here, eating my apple, and trying to watch AMC at the same time. :)

Toasty potty mouth, are you sure it isn't Bionic Bowel Movement? WHAAA! HAAAA! HAAA! You sick-O! }( I need to dye my hair too. What kind of color do you use? I haven't done my own in years and I'm haveing "issues" with my stylist, so I want to do my own.

Anne, maybe you have advice for a good home color?? After you change your wet pants! LOL!!!

Marietta, Hope you are haveing a nice day off! I can't imagine running 4.5 miles AND doing HSC! That has to wear you out!

Deb, I'm with you on the running. It just beats me up. I love to do it though. I'm good if I add in some walking, but I can't do many miles, maybe 3 tops.

Diane, Another awesome workout!

Randi, BodyMax is a good one.

Lora, that "oil mask stuff from Avon for your hair" sounds interesting.

DANG! Back to work I go. :(

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionic Yoga Woman,

LMAO! Your a nut! I dye mine the same color all the time. I use Loreal Preference Medium Ash Brown. Next month, I may go one shade darker...Dark Ash Brown. We will see. What is on AMC today? I know the scary movies start on the 23rd until Halloween. I already printed out the list. (I need to get a life) lol.

Marietta,

Nice workout...always setting fire to your legs. You probably don't get DOMS anymore, do you, Maniac!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you order anymore oils? Your first order should be coming soon, huh?

Meg,

That's dedication...waiting for the pain med to work before you work out!!! Don't let anything get in your way attitude...like that. Now just go get yourself a nice shade of Loreal and do your own hair. Why not?

Lora,

DD is already hooked on these oils now. She has her own list. lol. Her boyfriend smells them all for us. My dh gets annoyed when I tell him to smell.

Debbie,

I have similiar issues with my knees. Certain things trigger a bad reaction. For me, it is more of the lunges that I have to be careful of.

Diane Sue,

Killer workout!!!! Good grief...you still breathing??? After those squats, I dunno if I would be able to. I think I will be stuck with 200# for awhile now. That REALLY challenges me.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, but I gotta go

Charlotte~~

I colour my own hair, but I use Redken from the beauty supply shop. My husband actually does it (has been for 17 years). He dyes it and then pulls it thru a cap.....cuz he doesn't want to pay a Salon! He's pretty good. My hairdresser always says so at least. I've heard L'oreal is good (and i tend to think their drugstore shampoos, etc are good) and I've heard a lot of good things about Garnier.

Charlotte - we posted at the same time. My DH gets annoyed too...it's a man thing....but don't worry all of the men here at work compliment me all of the time!! LOL. Maybe it's just a husband thing. My DH told me that he needs to "chart a new course" in his life.....one that I'm not in. He then said "we can split everything 50/50". Guess he really likes me, huh?

Color at home can be tough.
Natural instincts is the safest semi permanent. You have to use a lighter shade. It will not 100%cover the grey and will not make you lighter...
Loreal, strong (Ferria you cannot perm over or bleach over. It will smoke literally) It covers well, but is semi metallic and the ends will progressively darker.
Loreal has great lift with blonds.
Clairol has been around a long time and is the safest if you perm also.

Hair masque is good stuff. Will help seal the cuticle .
Best deep conditioners are reconstructors and work best with a cap and heat applied for 20 min.Will make an amazing difference if done once a week.
Sun in is a no no.....garbage... It never quits working. When you apply heat every time it will continue to work.

Yes i am going to bed hungry. I will get used to it.
Diane Sue, I would die if i tried to do all that and work.

Char, do you need some Preparation H??????
Can we see pic of the work in progress,hair teeth face!!!!!
I need some Haloween posters!!!

Stll undecided with what i am doing tonite. I just may do Kickmax or KPC.and the drills and use it as legs. Someday i am going to do a rotation. I just have days when i am not in the mood for what is on the rotation...
Oh well it levels out and i work everything once a week.

Arms are sore from yesterday... Wow... Always have Doms...

Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.