Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Nov 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Butts & Guts warm up, Standing, Ab work and stretch. I'm not feeling so well this morning. My pain is flaring in my sciatic region, back, neck and shoulders. I had a hard time getting thru the workout. Last time I did it, it was relatively easy for me....not this time. I'm not sure how much I burned....I think it was around 330 calories.

I think I'm a bit sore from doing that yoga 2 days in a row also, as I'm feeling sort of sore all over or achy or something. Not really sure. I'm on an antibiotic for a sinus infection - so I don't know if this has something to do with it. I also don't have an appetite today and that NEVER happens to me. I'm still eating breakfast though.

You ladies are making me want to do Drill Max. I've only done the full body weight workout and the cardio portions separate. It doesn't really fit into my rotation right now.

Have great workouts. I'll try to check in from work, but it's Pay Monday...so I'll be very busy.

If I don't check in in the AM tomorrow...that means I went to the concert. I'll only have time to get up and get ready for work in the AM if I do go.

Here's the Usual pic in hopes of going to tonight's concert. This is Stevie D from Canton - Palace Theatre that I went to last Wednesday.

steviemist2.jpg

Dallys- I forgot to ask you....have you tried the Pure Radiance Underneath the foundation like Leslie suggested during the presentation of Peacock? I just watched it last night....as I had it on tape and I tried it this morning and really like the results. She also said you can use Pure Spice as the blush and it looks really nice applied with the feather brush.

Well everyone - Wish me luck with going to the concert tonight. DH is still saying he doesn't want to go. Also, wish me luck on going to work on either 2-3 hours of sleep or zero hours if I can't sleep from being all pumped up. I'm nervous.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

So far no doms from Drill Max, but what a killer workout. That should do me for cardio for the entire week! lol. Today I will work chest. Have cleaning to do and shopping.

Lora,

Great picture. The dude is hot. Hope you have a much better time tonight at the concert. I am sure DH will end up going with you and then having a great time as well. Don't be nervous. Just think of all the fun.

Later Chicks~

Charlotte~~

Lora- hope you feel better, and that everything is a go for the concert tonight. Have fun!

Char- so when are you doing Drill Max again????? Have fun shopping!

I have to take the boys to the dentist this AM. Oh joy. I will figure out my WO later. I think I have Fire Drill tonight too. I may have to squeeze one in somewhere this afternoon. Should do just cardio though.

I will BBL.

Have a great day!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi,
I hope you don't mind a new person coming in?

My name is Lisa and I'm Hardcore Fitness Maniacholic. Today's my rest day. I was at the gym yesterday and went quite heavy. I do Cathe as well but mostly her cardio. I'm not too fond of her weight training (ducking in case if someone is about to throw a dumbbell at me) Although I do enjoy her Drill Max dvd but I feel she overworks the shoulders and it doesn't feel balanced to me for a total body workout. That's just me. That's the only dvd from her new series I have. I'm waiting for her to put up Cardio Fusion for sale since that's pretty much the only other thing I'm very interested in.

Anyway, I hope to join you crazy ladies. I have a blast reading your posts everyday. LOL :)

Talk to you guys soon.

Lisa

Morning ladies.
Lora, have fun at the concert...
Char, U like drill max? 1st time?
Meag, you are too buisy. You are worse than me.
Another beautiful day today...My truck is sparkling clean...(Tan leather is a Pain in the butt)....
I have a little doms in the biceps, but not as much as usual.
DH is picking up the after w/o drink for me.
Today is great Deer Hunter Day. We don't hunt...
Don't know what i am doing today. Probably legs. Think i am going to mish mosh a few different ones.
Some one said the standing B&G is tough .
Trying to build stamina in the abs. Can i do them everyday if they don't hurt?
Well, Cyber Monday..
Gotta finish my shopping... I gotta find me some button down PJ's for Jan...and snap front sports bras...DH wants a Satellite Radio. I am going to try to cop a deal with Sirrus since i have one already.
Bought daughter and S&L a stove , but gotta get them something small to open.
Is Christmas over yet. I am already broke...
Well, off to bath x and work x and chat later x.
LOL
Char, any word on an offer???
I am crossing my fingers.We got the outside deco out last night.
I have a huge front deck. I put up big green garland and bows and wrap it w/ lights and i have 2 curly trees that we wire to the corners. No chili pepper lights...That is enough. No one sees it up here , but i like it...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning starts my 4th week of the Doggcrapp method. Had a great workout this morning, I was able to increase my weights and reps with each muscle group. This is what I did:

Close Grip Overhand Pullups: 4/2/2 (these are harder to do with negatives then the chinups were!)
Elevated Pushups - 3 sets/10 reps (warmup)
Barbell Incline Chest Press - 75# 11/6/4
Pullovers - 37# 9/5/4
Upright Rows - 50# 12/5/4 (these killed!)
Close Grip Tricep Press - 65# - 10-4-4

Then I did ab work:
Woodchops - 12# 25 reps
Oblique lifts on Stability Ball - 20 reps each side
Bike Manuever - 30 reps each side
Did this two times.

Not quite puke status but close. LOL! Total workout ws 52 minutes, was in my zone for all of 5 minutes and burned 137 calories.

Welcome Lisa! Hi everyone! Hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Lisa,

I won't throw any dumbbells at ya...maybe a stability ball. Ha! I actually prefer doing my own weight work as well. Welcome my friend.

Anne,

I hope to hear something today. Dh let the realtor know she is not communicating to us as much as she could/should. She just wants her money, ya know? If house doesn't sell by mid Jan then we are going to drop her like a hot potatoe and find someone else.
Yes, first time doing drill max. Took me almost 2 hours to do. I take breaks!:p My hubby was pretending to be my drill sargeant and shouting at me to get moving! He had just finished his workout. I am decorating probably on Weds. House has to be clean first. We don't hunt either, but I hear guns going off all the time. I couldn't kill anything unless it is trying to kill me first, ya know?

Meg,

Have a great day! Good luck at the dentist office.

Charlotte~~

Debbie,

OY! Ahoy!:p Great workout! I bet it is burning the way you are working it. I know. My biceps stay sore for several days.

Charlotte~~

Taking a quick breather from Payroll.

I'm freakin' out cuz now they say doors open at 4:00 for the concert cuz one band is doing a special acoustic performance!! WTF??? I'm gonna be so mad if I'm not right up front tonight in Buckcherry's face!!! I may start a riot!! (half kidding). If my DH goes, his arm will be twisted and I'll never hear the end of it....nor will he ever do it again.

Welcome Lisa - Yes, I'm crazy....neurotic.....and a bunch of other stuff (but everyone here knows that)....I prefer the term "not quite right". Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself.

Toasty - I had no DOMS from Drill Max weight segments either.

Good Morning,

Lora, I did Drill Max lower only chaptering forward. I don't think this is what you want for your goals right now. It was actually 14 minutes. I heavied up on the walking lunges, and the band for firewalkers, & wall squats. I will try and come up with something else. I had domes with this last week but I did cardio & legs twice and the floorwork from Butts & Guts:)

So, I did Drill Max leg segments only and warm up. I am off to do Body Max2 Bootcamp and some treadmill.

Welcome, Lisa:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs! It's SNOWING here today! Don't know if I'm happy or sad about it.LOL! Today will be another Circuit workout. I'll post back later on that. I'm feeling some soreness from yesterday's circuit.:)

Lora- I did try the Pure Radiance, but I put it over the foundation. I'll have to try it the other way too. I really liked it. That's another good idea using the Pure Spice as a blush. My face is looking alot better today. Has a smooth finish look.:) Hope you make it to the concert! I LOVE the acoustic stuff! I'd try to get there early! Can you take someone else if the hubster bails on you?

Toasty bionic girl- Have fun shopping, AGAIN! LOL! I'm due for a good shopping spree. Hope your house sells, darnit!

Meg- Have fun at fire drill tonight. Tell me, what is all this fire station story in your life. I missed all this. Do you and your family run a fire station? And then there is the diner or something you talk about? Just curious.:)

Lisa- Glad to have you here! We can always use another Hardcore Fitness Maniacholic.:) There are alot of girls here that lift on their own at times, so don't worry about not useing Cathe's weight DVD's. We all do our own thing and all motivate each other in different ways.

Anne- Who you calling crazy!! Post us a picture of your decorations!

Debbie- I bet you are still burning calories from that workout! I can't believe your already on your 4th week! Wow! Time goes by fast.

Diane Sue- You'll love the peacock collection! I also love their foundation, you will want to get that. You do get a small container of the Mineral veil, which is the best stuff over the foundation!

Well, gotta go... My dog is telling me she wants in from the cold! LOL! I left her out extra long, because she was toying with me this morning and wanting to go out a hundred times and then changed her mind when she stepped her big paw out in the door. :) Like I have time for games in the morning. LOL!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I can't be there any earlier than 6:00 as I have to work...go home and scarf dinner down, etc.....No one else will go with me! Yes, try the Pure Radiance both underneath your foundation and over it. I did that today. Also, that Mineral Veil is a different finish. It is still Matte, but has a bit of a glint to it. I really like it. The spice on cheeks with the featherlight brush is very nice also. I used my BE base today with MAC eyeshadow.....cuz I'm probably not going to have time to touch up after work. I find those work well for staying on for long periods.

Good Morning
I just finished GS Back shoulders and biceps and B&G bonus leg press and glute squeezes, firewalkers and floor work on the ball. It's so cool how alot of you use Bare Essentials I love love that makeup!
Lora how do you like the Pure Radiance? I want to try a good all over face color. So far I have True and Warmth. I think True is more for glamerous occasions it has shimmer to it. Sometimes if i go out i'll use it for a blush it's really pretty:)
Randi

Bionics,

Snowing there? Really? I have my windows open:p I am still cleaning:eek:
I am cleaning until dd wakes up so we can shop. I have coremax 2 to do also.

Glamourous Randi,

Another pampered girl? I love to shop. Love makeup, but I have a mixture of all kinds of makeup. I would love to find the perfect foundation. I use to use cornsilk years ago for foundation.

Lora,

Chill girl! Gonna be alright Twisted One.lol

Diane Sue,

I was frowning really hard when I had my back against the wall with the stability wall. I went 5 pounds heavier then Cathe for those. Dh tried to talk to me when I was doing those. I shouted...didn't mean to, but sometimes you just can't talk. So how heavy you gonna go for those? I just love those firewalkers. Got it down now..no shoestrings coming undone and I didn't tie the band too tight this time. I am trying to go down in a squat position as low as I can on those so it really burns back there, ya know?

My boss is in a meeting - I'm going nuts wanting to get out of here and go to the concert tonight. I spoke with DH on the phone and he was saying how he REALLY doesn't want to go..blah..blah....so I said, well, you know I REALLY appreciate you doing this for me. I tried to "butter him up" a bit and told him he'd have fun and be fine tomorrow at work. At least he can sleep after a concert.....I Can't....I didn't tell him the last part though!

Randi - Sounds like you're doing well considering the recent events in your life. I'm glad that you're getting on with things! I have all of the Radiances....Pure, Warm, Rose, Bare, and original. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them all. I also have Warmth and Glee....but I use Warmth every day and Glee once in a while. I'm pretty light skinned and if I don't wear Warmth....I'll get "you look pale". Pure Radiance has the least colour of all of the Radiance (except for the original - no color radiance), but it gives a soft golden glean to your face. It's quite lovely. Bare is another favorite of mine also

Dallys- the diner is a tiny little restaurant in town. We are friends with the owner is like 80. I help her out on Thur and Fri night for 3 hours, and then Sat 8-2. A little extra cash for me and gets me out of the house, which is nice especially if I am babysitting all day too.
With the fire dept, it is volunteer. My Uncle and Dad are the chiefs, and 2 cousins, and my pops are members too, plus a bunch of others. i have been a member since I was 16. I love it. We have meeting once a month and drill twice a month. i am really interested in learning about Fire Behavior, and possibly arson investigation. I have to ship my boys off to school first! But there is an online program from The Empire State College that I am thinking of doing to get a headstart in Fire Service Training.

Anne- your decs sound so pretty. I just hung up some lights outside a bit ago. I saw the chili pepper lights yesterday at Walmart and burst out laughing!

Char- thanks, the dentist actually went well, amazingly!

DS- sounds like another good mish mosh

Lora- hope it all works out for the concert. keep up with the sweet talk with the hubby!

Randi- you do sound like you are doing well! Good for you!

Deb- I can just imagine the burn you feel with those negatives!

Lisa- welcome! I hope you are enjoying your rest day! How often do you go to the gym? Daily?

Well, gotta keep cleaning and stuff.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I finished up my workout. So I did the lower body portons of Drill Max, Body Max2 Bootcamp no w/up, I ran on the treadmill for 3.25 miles and finished w/ BMax2 stretch. I need to go do some house cleaning. It seems like I have spent a lot of time taking puppies outside today and it is raining:( I don't think I felt very worked out after finishing the bootcamp premix it only did part of the cardio and splitting the cardio up like that made it seem easier. I used 45# barbell for the lower and 20# dumbbells. I upped the weights on upper. I doubt I will use this one much.

Dallys, I plan on getting the Bare Minerals foundation soon. I am almost out of the Exuvience stuff I have been using for the last year. Both of my daughters have it and like it. My dogs had to have a shove out the door finally because of the rain. After that though the bell rang incessantly so I keep letting them out. They are getting pretty wet.

Charlotte, I used 15# dumbells on the wall squats. I think I need to use 20'S. I used to hold dumbbells when I did wall squats on p90x except I think the ball makes it a little more difficult. Yeah sometimes when I am doing something intense and really concentrating I think I am a little louder too:)

Randi good workout.

Debbie, what was that workout you are doing? Something about crap:)
Is it working? I see you are doing more cardio.

Anne, I have done abs everyday. I just alternate between weighted days and non weighted days.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.