Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Nov 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme Lower Body NRG premix. This is the premix that states it is 55 minutes but it's really 75 minutes. The leg part only is 55 minutes and then with the 12 min' core workout and 6 minute stretch - it s equaivalent to 55 minutes of leg work and then 12 min of core and 6 minutes of stretch. I don't know what Amy was thinking....but it's definitely longer. I only burned 300 calories doing this workout today.

I'm really tired. I can't stay awake! I fell asep on my balls last night watching Nip-Tuck and didn't wake up until 10:30 pm. I also did not hear my alarm go off this morning. It went off for a solid 1/2 hour before my DH finally had to wake me up. Yikes!

Have great workouts.

ETA: Charlotte -I just read over at BPAL that the next Inquisition will be in February! Yay, a Valentine one! How lovely.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna workout chest/back on my own and then do cardio fusion. I also need to clean a few of our cars inside and out. I have no idea what the weather will be like today to do this. Went to the movies last night and finially watched Flag of our Fathers. Was not a very good movie.

Lora,

OH NO! Another temptation! YIKES! Thanks for letting me know though. I got my other package of samples just yesterday and got The Mouse's Long and Sad Tale as an extra. I just love that one! Smells so very nice. I like all the ones I ordered as well.

That is funny that you fell asleep on some balls...I have never! lol. You probably needed the extra sleep though.

Nice calorie burn. I think dh and I need to get a heart rate monitor so I can see what I am burning. I might just order one this week.

Be back later to see how everyone else is doing.

Charlotte~~

Morning ladies....
Lora, fwll asleep on your balls. LOL. Good w/o for not wanting to get up...
Cardio fusion is a doosey . You are gonna like it...
i found my fitness idol.
Page 126 oxygen. Lori Franze. Packed on muscle and not manly ripped. 135 # and looks great. So, if i build more muscle, i would only have to loose 4# and look great.By summer. I am heading back onto the weights this week.GS it is...

Diane Sue, you could compete... Deb, you could too...
Well bathy and worky timey...
Hava a great Day..

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I did another workout using negatives. With legs I didn't go to failure for safety reasons so I added on 2 more sets to get my legs to burn. This is what I did:

Dumbbell Curls: Warmup set - 15's - 2 sets/8 reps
Barbell Preacher Curls: 45# 11/4/4
Reverse Barbell Curls: 40# 10/4/3
Alternate Lunges: Warmup set - 40# - 2 sets/8 reps
Static Lunges: 75# 12/8/8 each leg
Leg Extensions: 70# 12/6/6
Calf Raises: 60# 3 sets/many reps/no negatives

Total workout 58 min., was in my zone for 17 min. and burned 180 calories.

Anne - what brought up the competing thing? LOL!

Hope you all have a great short week!

Good Morning,
I never completely planned my workout for today. I think I am going to use Body Max2 Power Circuits, Amy's Bootcamp doing only the cardio & lower segments (it is easy to just skip to the next segment on this) and then Gym Style Standing legs.

Lora, I made a note on the times for that Premix. I figured the time they had down would be accurate if they did it as 6 min w/up, 20 minute leg segment, 15 min core, and 8 min str. this comes to right at the 50.35 min. Maybe I am looking at the wrong one. This is the split one. Lower body nrg says 44 min., and time saver lower nrg says 36:45 min.. I really need to get this dvd:)Did they include the 11 minute multi joint with the lower work??

Hi to everyone
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies!

I'm off to do Cathe's Bootcamp. I ate poorly this weekend and I'm ashsmed of myself! I don't know what got into me. I hate when I do that. Hopefully I'll burn some good calories doing Bootcamp.

I only have to work today and tomorrow. The college gives us Wed-Fri off. We give up some other holiday for it - can't remember which one. It's worth it to have 3 days off during Thanksgiving. Do you know if you can peel potatoes the night before and let them sit in water overnight? Or will they get yucky? That would be one less thing to have to do on Thursday. I think I'd like to do a 90 minute workout that morning - maybe BM2 again.

Okay - I better go workout or I'll be late to work!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Debbie,

Great workout! Burn it!!! lol.

Anne,

A doosey huh? Oh my!!!! }( :p I will have to check out your inspiration in the mag. Mine is Monica Bryant. I want to look like her.

Suz,

I ate poorly too. Had popcorn while watching movie last night and pizza earlier. I am ashamed too so that is why I am doing Cardio Fusion!!! I know better too. It's all good. We will both burn it off. Yeah, I gained a few more pounds AGAIN, but I am gonna go to the mall again and switch my pants I just bought for a size 1. The material is too stretchy on these. I bought another pair in 3's and they fit better.

Yeah, you can peel potatoes night before. Done that. Have a great workout!

Diane Sue,

You always plan it good no matter.

I need to go mail some bills, etc. Lora, it is coming. Then do cardio

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniac! It's Core Synergistics for me today. This week doesn't call for extra cardio, but I might add some in here and there.

Randi-
That's great you took a CPR class for dogs. I never took a dog CPR class, but did learn CPR for infants. All that info. instantly clicked in when one of my customers very old dog had a heart attack and died on me. I paniced and didn't know what to do. The mouth to mouth wasn't working. Then I remembered to use my mouth over the mouth AND nose of the dog, that saved the dogs life. It was the scariest thing I have EVER done!!! The dog lived about 3 more years after that.:) I didn't even think of how gross it was, until later. She was a little Shih Tzu. The vet said I did everything right, only with a dog, you lay it on it's side and pump it's heart and not on it's back.

I'll get back with the rest of you later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Diane Sue -

This premix states it is 55 minutes - it starts with warmup and then the multijoint moves and moves into leg sets. The one exercise in mutijoints is stepping on a band with the handles criss crossed in front and doing a firewalker like move with a lat pull (i liked these), then it moves into 2 giant leg sets followed by core work (core work includes plank walks with pikes on the gliding discs followed by rollouts with the gliding discs) and then the cool down and stretch. (75 minute total). I need to do the other premixes and make a note of the time and see if any others are wrong.

Gotta run....crazy here today.

Hey guys. Took a rest day again yesterday. Exhaussted. Went to bed at 9:30 and woke up with a headache.Crappy day so far!!
Oh, I sent a link to my pictrail to some of my friends, (but I took out the fitness ones till I update them, and compare them side by side.) So anyway, my cousin who hasn's seen me in person in like a year, emails me and said, "Lookin great Meg, just don't lose anymore!"
What?
I am not delusional. Maybe my pic is weird, but I am by no means "to skinny". I mean, maybe I am being silly, I appreciated the compliment, but I never thought I would hear someone say don't lose anymore to me. It was just weird I guess. ANyway.

I have no idea what or when I will WO today, so I won't make any predictions. I plan to, but i will leave it at that since it has been suched a weird day so far.

Anne- I think I might get a subscription to taht one.

Great WO's guys.

I will BBL.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg dear,

Some people get *uncomfortable* when others start looking *very good* and by no means do they want you to *pass them up*. That is exactly the thing that would make me want to *put the peddle to the metal* and accelerate the progress even further. You know you are looking great. Take that as a very good compliment and keep it going girl! Next time her jaw will drop and she will speechless...having nothing to say.... LOL

Charlotte~~

Burned some good calories doing Bootcamp. My HR is close to 180 (and sometimes 181) on most of the cardio segments. I think I burned 3,842 calories this morning. But as always, this is a guess.

Lora - you made me laugh when you said you fell asleep on your balls! Hahaha! Short week!!! That should make you happy. AND BUCKCHERRY!

Storm - Darn it - now I want Oxygen again! I guess I'll go get it at lunch.

Debbie - great workout! Not as many calories burned as I burned (see above), but good workout nonetheless. }( I hope you have a great short week too.

Char - I'm glad I wasn't alone! I really don't know what my problem was. But so far today I haven't eaten (not on purpose - just not hungry - I wonder why!) and it's 10:45. I did have half of a sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast before my workout - with fat free, lactose free milk. I should have fed my muscles as soon as I was finished. Oh well. Too late now. I LOVE Monica Bryant too!

Randi - CPR for dogs, huh? I have to go back and read this. I must have missed it. Sorry!

Dallys - do you know why they have you wait so long in P90X to start doubles? Since I'm supposed to go to Mexico the 3rd week of Feb. or so, I would rather start doubles right away. Do you think I can? Diane Sue? Char? Lora?

Meg - I'm sorry you have a headache. I hope it feels better too. I don't know what's up with people on the weight thing. People at my work think I'm too skinny and I KNOW FOR A FACT that I'm not. I SEE the fat on my body.

I better get back to work!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Hi everyone:)
Today I did hardcore extreme high/low interval that is Low Max Imax and the blast challenge part on Kick max.

The cpr class for dogs and cats was so informative we each got our own stuffed dog/or cat and learned hands on on how to do it. ALso if a dog is choking we learned how to do the hymlic on a dog.
Have a good day
Randi

Never heard of CPR for dogs.
Oxygen has some good articles, but is really overrun with ads. I swear 1/2 the magazine has a weight loss pill add in it.
It does have some good articles, and training and food recipes in it.
I am trying to figure out what to do tonite.
It is such a tough decision....

Good w/o Randi.
How many calories Dallys?
You can now have a large dexuxe pizza!!!!
I need weighted gloves. You know there is a Karate place 1/2 a block from me and i never thought about calling them.HOW DUMB!!!
I think i would like kickboxing more with them. It feels like i am punching the air. Gotta get me some.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Meg - I agree with Charlotte. Keep on going! You are doing awesome and I am proud of you!

Suz - I checked above but didn't see your calorie burn. The only post I see is that you were going to do Bootcamp?

Anne - I doubt I'd ever consider competing. I could not bring myself to put a bikini on and get in front of a ton of people. Not for me. Besides that, I doubt my dh would let me. :)

Randi - I have a good friend who has a Chocolate Lab named Bailey. How fun for you!!!

Storm - so I don't need that mag since I'm already on my diet pill (Topomax). Hehehe.

Debbie - it was above in the same post. It said:

"I think I burned 3,842 calories this morning. But as always, this is a guess." Sorry, I was just messin' with ya!

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.