Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday May 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Tracey's Circuit Zone. I shortened the warm up and cool segments and a couple other ones to shorten the workout. Still figuring what poundage to use for this one and didn't have that great of a workout. Workout was 63" and I only burned 335 calories.

Have great workouts everyone. I can't believe it's Monday already!

Today I had an excellent workout! I did Cardio Coach #7. This is one long workout but it seems to fly when you do it.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 5 min.
55 mimutes in zone
440 calories burned!!!!!
4 miles travelled
[/font]

Not sure what is up with these high calorie burns lately, but I'll take it!

I'm taking the test to get my temps to ride my bike legally today. Please wish me luck!

Char - That's funny about your speedometer. When I was in Italy in 1984 the cars all had kilometers on the speedometers. Scared me to see the number 160 on the dashboard! LOL!!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I have got to work my legs. So gonna do 12 mile bike ride, leg strength training and abs.

Debbie,

Burning some nice cals there. I keep forgetting your Italian too. I have no idea what kilo's equal too so I was quite a mess. Good luck on your test. You will do fine though.

I just finishe my cardio. Started with 4Day Split double cardio no stretch then I did Body Max 2 combos 1,2,&3. Going back in a bit to do Amy's Slo Mo Legs and Core. I think I am going to try to work core 4 times this week. Next week is Slow and Heavy and I always seem to have a hard time fitting in the core work that I would like to because all 3 workouts are so long.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning:)

This morning, I did an hour jog and abs.

Cardio Stats:
4.48 miles traveled
440: calories burned

Sat: CC#7
Sun: GS legs & GS chest, back, tri’s and bi’s (went heavy)

I just got my invoice for my AerSquare from Stage Step. They gave me a better deal than I thought I was getting. When I ordered it said 60dollars. The invoice is $50 and I get all three video tapes. (If I like them I may tranfer them to DVD with my recorder) Anyway I am excited as one is a PlyoKick workout and all are 40-51 min long:D

Charlotte, today is legs for me too. I always dread legs so am procrastinating here. LOL on the speedometer.

Teddy looks like you got some good workouts in this weekend.

Debbie, did you get out and ride the bike yesterday? We have perfect bike weather here right now. Lots of them out on the road. Good calorie burn too:)

Good morning everyone. Sorry I didn't check in much last week. I was not feeling a hundred percent, exhausted and drained from my Sarcoidosis. But I hope to feel better this week.
I will be back a little later!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Maeghan: Glad you are feeling better:)

Diane: Thank you! I really enjoyed Sunday’s workout. This week conclude my TBW regimen. I’m either going to start 4 weeks of S&H/GS or PUB/MIS. I have the rest of the rest to decide. I’m also working abs more! Nice workout

Morning Maniacs,

Today was three straight sets of eighteen with 2 minute rests. Not looking forward to next week when this is supersetted!

Chest
Dumbbell Flyes
18/18/18 - 25's
***These felt really good, thought 25 was going to be harder***

Back
T-Bar Rows
18/18/18 - 80#

Shoulders
Lateral Raise
18/18/18 - 15's

Quads
Squats - heels raised
18/18/18 - 80#

Biceps
Incline Hammer Curls
18/18/18 - 17#

Triceps
Weighted Bench Dips
18/18/18 - 55#
***tris & bis were toast when I was done***

Then added some ab work.

Saturday I did 4 DS Bootcamp cardio twice.

Debbie - Good Luck on your test! I use to ride when I was a teenager, I remember it being a blast! Great workout!

DianeSue - Do you add weight to the barbell to make the rollouts harder? Or do you always keep the weight the same?

Teddygirl - Those are some nice workouts!

Diane Sue - Yes, we rode most of yesterday. I'm getting the hang of it and having fun. I was kind of pissed yesterday morning when I started riding. I could not get going without stalling the bike. I did that at least a hundred times yesterday. I was so pissed I just wanted to quit. I took a break and then my dh showed me some tricks and something clicked and I finally got it. Downshifting is becoming easier as well. Our weather was sunny yesterday but chilly. I had my winter coat and gloves on. :)

Meg,

You know most people would use your condition as an excuse not to workout at all. I know plenty. However, you work your tail off and nothing holds you back...I love your go getter attitude..always have. You make me feel lazy sometimes. lol.

Lora,

I need to go to Wal Mart and get a few things..cd's being one of them so I can burn some stuff for you and for others. I also got the new Prince's cd. It sucks so bad. Hubby says he is on his way out. lol. I got other cds too...
Tantric, Trapt (the one with Victim, as I love that song). I could not find the newer cd's at Circuit City. Spent too much anyhow.

Diane Sue,

Thought you loved working legs. One of my favorite body parts to workout besides arms. Hate..hate..hate working out chest. Do you think the plates on barbell make a difference since your just rolling...personally, I don't think it does.
Getting my pheromone perfume in mail today. I think I might be wasting my money though. I took some down to Maryland..had mom and dad smell them. Mom's eyes got real big and said one smelled sooooo good and dad said it smelled like poo. Men are suppose to like smell..not women.

Linda,

Smoking workout! You should take some new pictures of yourself. Curious now since you said your hubby thought you looked more muscular. I think it is great though!

Teddygirl,

Burning nice cals there! Gonna have to step it up a notch as mine have been under 400 lately. Great job though!

Charlotte- thanks. A few days last week I did use it as an excuse...as in doing nothing but laying on the couch! But, my cuz Jess has been very helpful in showing up and making me go out and walk....like 4 miles pushing a stoller!! lol

Speaking of which, she just got here. WE are off to walk our butts off, literally. Up many crazy hills, pushing COnnor, who weighs about 50 pounds! Talk about a work out lol!! I will my P90x WO when I get home if I have timme.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

I finished up my workout. I did Amy Bento Slo Mo legs and core. Finished with the foam roller segment of Tracey's Circuit Zone. Some areas of my quads bought tears LOL Funny how she mentions that but once you work it out it feels good:)
Legs
Sumo Squats 3X8reps 20#vest and 60# barbell
Jefferson squats 3X8 reps 35# dumbbell(last time I tried the vest but felt this a lot in my low back)
Cradle Side lunge 2X8reps ea side 20#vest 40# barbell
wobble hack squat 3X8reps 20# vest 15# dumbbells(this works the arms too)
hammy rockers 3X8 reps 15# dumbbells
glute wrap 3X8reps ea side 25#barbell(still trying to find what works best for this because my bar is as tall as I am and balancing with weights on both ends is not easy. Last time I tried ankle weights and my body bar which did not seem as effective.
single leg rock up 3X8 reps ea. side 20# dumbbell

Core
standing circle 10# dumbbell
standing clam shell 10# dumbbell
standing ab relay 10# dumbbells
barbell rollouts 35# barbell 2x8reps
seated sit and tuck 2X8repsno weight
prone run around bench 2 sets no weight
plank jump ins 3x8 reps no weight

Linda, I have increased my weight on the barbell rollouts. On toes I have gone up to 50# but have went lower lately becasue of my low back. Back is better but I am giving it time before I move back up.

Charlotte, I think the weight makes a difference if you are pulling back on the weight with your abs. Try heavy and then go try light and you should feel the difference.

Off to the shower:)

Diane Sue,

I am gonna do that rollout bar today. Just got back from bike ride. Raced someone on their motor scooter up the hill. LMAO! Got a good start, but that was about it. Had a great ride overall. Felt sluggish this morning and thought my energy level would not be good, but I was wrong and was opposite so should be a good leg workout after lunch, but I should do abs first to get out of way. I had chocolate and crab legs for my second meal!!! LOL

Linda - When are you going to be done with this rotation? One more week after this one, right? I'll have to send you my newest rotation soon.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey & Soy protein powder shake w/frozen blueberries (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 4 oz. chicken breast w/salsa; 3 tbsp. walnuts
M4: Turkey patty
M5: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M6: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/ Chocolate Pro Pudding

[font color=blue]1591 calories
57 g. fat - 32%
189 g. protein - 48%
81 g. carbs - 20%
[/font]

Debbie - Yes, next week is the last week. Looking forward to the new challenge. After a rest that is!

DianeSue - Thanks for the response! I did them at 40# today.

M1: 2 Tbsp of protein & 1/2 grapefruit
M2: ½ c oatmeal & 3 egg white & 1/3c ff milk
M3: 2 slices of turkey w/mustard on hog dog bun & apple
M4: yogurt & 2 Tbsp of flax seed (on lunch brought a bag of chips)
M5: 1 turkey meatloaf muffin w/1/2 yam
M6: 1 turkey meatloaf muffin "that's it"

The weather is soooo nice I may go for a walk not a long walk maybe an hour. Have a great evening all;)

My leg workout:

Felt strong today so it was a good workout!

Squats 170# 3/8

ATG Squats 120# 3/8 (could not believe I did these with 120 and didn't have a problem..could possibly go up next time)

Leg Ext 95# 3/8 (most I have done)

Hamstring Presses 50# 2/8 and had to go down to 45# (not sure why these are so hard for me)

Deadlifts 130# 3/8 (don't really like to go much higher then this as I feel it more in lower back and not in hamstrings)

Firewalkers 2/20

Gonna work abs now.

Hey ladies
Just fried my legs did S&H legs went heavier then cathe on all the workouts then did GS legs standing only. Char it looks like your legs are gonna be fried!
Have a good night
Randi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.