Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday May 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm off to do Gym Style Chest & Tri's. Hopefully a bit of cardio and some yoga or stretch, but not sure if I have time for all of that.

Be back later.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Applying for more jobs today. Found another ad in paper for fitness center...sales/front desk..got to check that one out. Another hotel and some cashier position to check out too. Biceps/Triceps/Abs on tap today. Working each body part with 4 different exercises and doing in 4 sets too with the exception of abs..probably coremax 1.

Anne,

Hey! I know your out there. Thanks for the encouragement!

Charlotte~~

Good Morning:)
Today is upperbody and B&G ankle weight abs. Enjoyed my rest day yesterday.
Debbie could you make another rotation for next month? Yours are so awesome!
Char good luck on finding a job. Great workout you have planned for today, you look amazing!
Took my parents to the airport yesterday they are going on a Alaska Cruise. Good for me I get the house to myself for 8 days YIPEE!
Have a great day Ladies
Randi

Char - Good luck with the jobs. I'm surprised you haven't heard anything yet. I'd take a gym job in a heartbeat. Wish I could!

Randi - I was actually going to do another muscle building rotation for June. I should have time this weekend.

Missing my workouts, you guys. I feel like such a slug!

Good Morning, I did not have time to check in yesterday. It was another rest day. I was gone most of the day. Woke late for church so had to run. Then spent most of the day at dd house helping her with some things and on the phone. Today I have a 6 month recheck at the eye doctor. I really need to go to the grocery store as well.
Today's is week 10 of the M&F rotation. It is short rests where last week was long rests between exercises. Should save a little time. I would like to get in more yoga and stretching this week. Today is Chest, triceps and abs.

Lora, did you get everything you needed done for your Mom? How is she feeling?

Randi, enjoy having the house to yourself.

Charlotte, that sounds like a good workout. Charlotte, good luck with the job hunting. THe Gym Desk sounds like it would be a good one:)

Suz, I hope that migraine is gone. Can they give you a different inhaler?

Debbie, I just had two rest days and I feel like a slug. They have been extrememly busy days but I haven't ate as well either.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies,

Jenn , the hiccup sugar was from grandma..
Char, i am here today, working later.

Anyone have a tom tom?? I bought one.Have to go to Dc and see a doctor and i do not want to get lost. Some of us cannot read a map..
Now, how do i work it???

Today is upper body.. My legs are really sore. OMG... I have to do that w/o more often..
Now, if someone would take the food away from me and zip my lips...

Suz, i got migranes for years. Now, only ocassionally. I swear it was the Epidural when i had my daughter..and the stress of my last job..

Char, something will slide in there...You could be an exotic dancer.. Throw on a wig, and lots of makeup. They make lots of money i hear...HEHEH..
You are built for it.. Just kidding, but it is an idea...

Ok, you can throw things at me now..
I have my mitt..

Deb, are you resting....???
You can always do active recovery. Go for a nice walk..
Well, gonna go be lazy and figure out what i am doing today..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I ended up doing Cathe's Gymstyle Chest & Tri's followed by Shape Bikini Boot Camp Interval Cardio. Total weights and cardio took 1 hour 25" and I burned 430 calories. I then did Shape Abs 5" and Gravity & Grace Yoga with Peter Sterios 75". I pretty much matched Cathe's weights in the weight workout. The pushups irritated my cervical disc injury which is common.

Deb- you're not even doing cardio or yoga either? Do you have any pilates DVDs??

Diane Sue - I've been meaning to ask you.....have you been using your night device for your plantar fasciitis? My PF has been flaring ever since we did all of that walking in Vegas (in improper shoes also). Can't get it to settle down. Every time I get some stuff done for Mom, she has another list ready for me! LOL. I have to go to her house and grab some stuff for her and do Laundry...but nothing major. Still need to get her window fixed and spend time with Katie, her cat. She's getting antsy to get out of there...especially since she found out they don't have normal therapy on Saturdays and none on Sundays or Holidays and this weekend is a holiday. She just told me if she's going to let them know she wants to go home on Friday and if they won't let her, she is walking out. She said she'll go for outpatient therapy. She got in and out of bed by herself yesterday.....so all she needs to learn now is steps (a few) and working in the kitchen, as well as what necessary equipment she needs for her bed, shower, etc. She still can't lift her bad leg very high (which may create a problem for the steps), but heck, I can't blame her for wanting to do outpatient therpy....and if we need to -we can rent a wheelchair and at least she'd be home. She can't eat the food at this place, as she has many stomach problems and is even pickier with food than me. I'm glad she's thinking this way. I hate that place too. Thanks for asking and sorry for typing so much!!

Toasty- good luck with a job. Sounds like you have a better selection than me! If I can't get a secretarial job, I'd love to work in a gym...yet I never see any ads for that in the paper. What city are you so close to that all of these jobs are available. Yes, I got your PM. I need to look and see how much I have of that oil and I'll let you know. Hopefully, I can check later today. I do have one 3 pack made up with that oil in it that I was going to put up for sale this weekend...so even if I don't have enough for one vial, I could sell you that 3 pack. (Boomslang, Vasakasajja & Oborot).

Have great workouts.

Have great workouts everyone.

Morning Maniacs! Had a fun weekend on the bikes. We doubled our favorite ride and went 16 miles in 2 hours. It is such a fun ride. It has all the hard and fast and fun, all mixed in one. Carma went the whole way! That's probably 17 miles for her, with all her running around. The weather was slightly cool, so that helped. Once it gets alittle hotter, she'll only get to go on short rides or canyon rides with lots of trees and water.

Today will be another Slim Series. Last week I did some of the workouts from the new SSex workouts. They are only 30-35 min. so they are not as intense as Slim Series. But, I liked them. They are more cardio based. "Cardio Core" works your core with all standing exersices. It really gets in there. "Cardio Sculpt" is more upperbody based. It's a pretty good workout for 30 min. But, again, not as intense because it's shorter. I think they would be good to do back-to-back. I also did "6 min. Abs". It comes separate, but also is on the other 2 DVD's. I'll be useing this one alot. It's a great ab workout for only 6 min. Debbie looks great in these workouts as ususal. The background exercisers are not irritating like in Slim Series. The music still is not great, maybe slightly better than Slim Series. You cannot turn off the music.:(

Gotta run...Be back to talk later

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Randi - I like that! Good rotation title.

Diane Sue - I hate feeling like this. I actually think I'm getting too much sleep. I feel sluggish and I have a headache. You'd think my body would enjoy this laziness.

Anne - Yes, I'm resting this week. My body needs it. I will be taking walks in the evening with my SIL. That's about it. When I rest, I rest. LOL!

Lora - Nope, no cardio, no yoga, no nothing. Just walks outside but its been so damn cold here we didn't go last week at all.

Dallys - Your rides sound like fun! Wish I could come ride with you!

Hey Maniacs! It's lunch time for me. Salad with some turkey slices and a red wine vinegrette dressing. I'm really buckleing down on the food. I've been way to lax in my eating and it shows (especially in my tight biking shorts! There's a wakeup call!) I did SS "Tear it up" this morning. That is one tough workout. I used the green tubing and that made a difference big difference. It's 78 min.

Toasty- I'm hoping you get the fitness center front desk job. You'd love that one! I like the looks of your rotation.

Randi- Have a fun workout! You are doing great with Debbies rotations.

Debbie- Try not to feel like a slug. Your body is thanking you for the break. You've worked really hard lately! I'd love to have you come on my bike rides. We'd have a blast!

Diane Sue- Sounds like you have another busy day. I know you'll enjoy your workout with the shorter rests.;)

Anne- What is a Tom Tom? Don't be giving Char any crazy ideas about dancing! LOL! She'll beat you up!

Lora- Happy to hear you Mom is doing alittle better. I bet when she gets out of there she'll get back to normal faster.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys , Char would be a hot dancer...Or heck, miss biceps could be a bouncer...(compliment)

Tom tom is a navigational system for the iliterate map readers..

I can barely walk.. Oh my god. This is what i get for not doing a w/o for a while...
I am on night shift, so i will be around tonite... HEHEH...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Anne,

Your trippin' today, but you trip everyday. lol. Actually there is a ad in the paper for "entertainers". lmao! I mentioned to dh..he gets mad..literally! I even got a pole downstairs in the basement..naturally so in most basements and I went for a spin on it like some exotic dancer. Really got mad at me when I did this. I was just being goofy too. WTH? Like I would really do that for real..not me...my face would turn many colors and I would be so embarrassed. Here's the pole picture with peace out to all my friends. lol
254240991.jpg

So anyhow,

Workout was da bomb...

Did 4 different exercises for each muscle group in 4 sets of 4

Cheat Curls 16x's with 75#
Concentration Curls 40's 4 sets/4
Hammer Curls 35's 4 sets/4
Db Curls 30's 4 sets/ 4
Dips 4 sets/20 (THIS BURNED LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE)
Side Tri Rises 2 sets/20 for each side making it 4 sets total.
Was gonna do some more tri work, but tri's really fried after that. Got coremax next.

Did my workout. I had to rush through lunch and get to the eye appointment. I started with Tracy's Sweatfest KB premix combos 4-8 no stretch, then I did Kimberly Spreen's Combat segments of her KB workout(wore my weighted gloves with the bodybar today, then wearing weighted gloves I did Kelly Coffey Step box cardio stopping before the weight cardio segments, went on to do the M&F rotation, then Yoga Shatki lunge and shoulder openers. My eye appointment went well. I am seeing 20/20 now. They said one more visit in 4 months and if I am still doing that well they will release me:)

M&F rotation
bench press 65# 3 sets 12 reps
incline dumbbell press 35# dumbbells 8reps 1 set, 30# 8 reps 2 sets
incline dumbbell flyes 25# 10 reps 3 sets
cable crossover using bowflex 40# 8 reps 3 sets
triceps dips 85# 8 reps 3 sets
triceps pressdown bowflex 100# 8 reps 1 set, 90# 10 reps 2 sets
seated overhead extension 30# 10 reps 1 set, 35# 8 reps 2 sets
incline reverse crunch 15# medicine ball 15 reps 3 sets
kneeling bowflex cable crunch 200# 20 reps 3 sets
crunch 35# dumbbell 20 reps 3 sets

Charlotte, LOL at the pole picture. Actually I saw in one of our newspapers that a there was a gym that had pole exercise classes:)

Lora, I wear the device to bed most of the time to help keep my foot stretched out. Sometimes I forget when I am really tired. It has helped a lot. I also make sure and stretch it some before running an cardio workouts. It doesn't bother me like it did. At first it hurt so bad when I would crawl out of bed I would almost fall on the floor. I iced it a lot rolling a frozen water bottle around with it.

Debbie, you know I feel kind of sluggish even when I have my one day off. I just don't think the circulation is going good enough LOL Usually it requires some caffeine to get me moving.

Charlotte - Excellent workout. I cannot believe you are doing concentration curls with 40# dumbbells. You go with your bad self!

Diane Sue - Excellent workout for you as well. Is this the workout with the shorter rest periods?

Diane Sue - Kashi finally got the 7-whole grain Pilaf back in stock. It comes in custom 3 packs -- where you can order 3 of any kind. I don't know if I should get 3 Pilaf's or try one other kind while I'm buying. Do you have a suggestion for another one to try for breakfast? I'm getting the whole grain definitely but I didn't know if there was a good breakfast one. thanks.

Lora, the only other Kashi that I have tried is the Kashi Go Lean. I like to sprinkle that in my yogurt. Or even on top of ice cream:) The hot Kashi go Lean has a good amount of protein in it as well. Even my grandchildren were wanting to just snack on the dry Kashi Go Lean. I meant to ask if you could take your mother food that she will eat. Will the facility allow that?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.