Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday May 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Ugh....MOnday and I didn't want to get out of bed!

I did BeachBody's Project You - Full Body Circuit. I lifted as heavy as possible. They did 12 reps...but I did 8-10 depending on the exercise. The cardio bursts were really short in this and didn't really elevate my HR much, but they were fun ...simple kickbox moves. I had a pretty decent workout. Workout was 61" and I burned 416 calories.

I was looking over Warp Speed Fat Loss last night by Alwyn Cosgrove and I just can't convince myself it looks tough enough. Thus the reason, I've put off trying Afterburn. I guess I'll have to try it to "believe" in it. Others have said Afterburn is tough........maybe the paper version is deceiving. I know when Dallys tried Turb Training, she said it was tough and it doesn't look so tough on paper either.

I was just curious if anyone here has stopped drinking out of plastic after the recent info just came out? I'm still drinking out of my water bottle and I'm trying to decide if I really need to stop.

Have great workouts everyone.

Toasty - do you have Earshot's album from 2002 ...Letting Go? I've heard a few songs I liked off of it. Speaking of Toasty -- the chick in this Action Hero workout reminds me of you!!!

www.valerie-waters.blogspot.com.

If you can't tell.....it's the one in the black leather cat suit!! hee..hee...

Well, once again I did not feel like working out and this time it didn't get any better as I was working out. However, Aunt Flo is visiting and seems to be wiping me out this month. Had a fairly decent workout but my mind/body was just not into it this morning.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
20's - 15 (warmup)
32's - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These felt good and I concentrated on using my chest muscles to do the lift and contraction.[/font]

Bench Press:
95# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Mind and body did not connect here. I did all the sets and reps but just wasn't feeling it.[/font]

Incline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Not much to say about these. Got a good burn.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Flyes:
32's - 12/12/12
[font color=green]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 25's and repped out a 12 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***Got a great burn with this. Chest was pumped.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Pullups:
10/6/5
[font color=blue]***Now here I REALLY didn't feel like doing these. Tossed it around in my head to just skip them but didn't. Was happy to get 10 reps with the first set.[/font]

Pullovers:
40# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Squeezed my upper back with this exercise. Got a good burn.[/font]

One-Arm Rows:
[font color=blue]Skipped because I was running out of time and had a good excuse to skip them.[/font]

Wide Grip Overhand Barbell Rows:
65# - 12/12/12
[font color=green]After the 3rd set I dropped the weight to 45# and repped out at 12 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***These felt good, 65# felt very light to me.[/font]

That is all.... I hope I get out of this funk soon.

Diane Sue - Thank you!!! :)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I did not work out Saturday or Sunday so working biceps/back/abs today. Flo is here so damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just gonna do my best so I will have to deal with it, if my best sucks.

Feels like winter time again...cold and crappy here. So much rain..my garden looks flooded and my grass is too high now for me to mow with pushmower...so will be a long day of mowing tomorrow as it will stall no me 50 million times now.

Lora,

LMAO about cat lady. So you think so??? lol. Nice gun she is holding too. A real badass. My kinda lady.

Good Morning, I did my cardio earlier. I am heading back in a bit to do Slow and Heavy legs and shoulders. I want to go look at heartrate monitors today:) Cardio was P90X+ Intervals, 4Day Split Bootcamp cardio only, then Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome all interval premix (no w/up). Needed to burn off the mother's day junk food;-)
I am on week 8 of the rotation I have been doing and am really starting to get bored with it. Next week will be circuits and light weight then I am going to have to come up with something else.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

This is the last week of this rotation and I am looking forward to the break! Today was the toughest day with supersets done in three sets of 18 with 2:00 rests:

Chest/Back
Dumbbell Flyes
18/18/18 - 26's
T-Bar Rows
1818/18 - 85#
**the flyes felt great, probably should have gone heavier, but form was great, so I stayed and added a turn for more contraction***

Shoulders/Quads
Lateral Raise
18/18/18 - 16's
Squats
18/18/18 - 85#

Biceps/Triceps
Incline Hammer Curls
18/18/18 - 18's
Weighted Bench Dips
18/18/18 - 60#
***Surprised myself w/ the 60# on tris, arms were toast by the end of this superset***

Then did some ab work.

Have a great day!

Debbie - missed everything going on in the forums. Sorry to Hear about it, but I popped over to rotations and all I can say is WOW1 That has really turned into a FitnessFreak forum. It so nice how you help all those people. Nice workout BTW.

Hey Maniacs!

How is everyone? I just got home yesterday from the beach! Hubby and I went down on the 8th and came back yesterday. It was our 11th wedding anniversary on the 10th of May! Had a great time. Weather was great, got some sun, but not too much. Didn't really workout any, just keeping it real.

Everyone's w/o's look great! I'll be getting back into it today!

So, fill me in on what's going on Debbie. You can email me if you'd like at [email protected] I'm confused as to what happened.

Lora - what's going on with the plastic bottles, I haven't heard anything about that either.

I'll check back later, got a lot to do today, took the day off to get rested from being on vacation, doing laundry, and yard work, maybe a little shopping later.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Morning,:D

This morning, I could not get out of my bed to save my life. I was late today me over slept EEK Mother Day to many festivities, I had a very nice day. Today, I just may take another rest day. I shall see.

Saturday: rest day.
Sunday: did CC#7

Linda - Nice workout. I like how you stayed with the same weight for flyes because you had such good form. Sometimes that is way more important then upping the weights. Good job!!!

Sandy - I'll email you as soon as I get the chance.

TeddyGirl - I ate way too much too. Moreso on Saturday then Sunday.

Good morning ladies! I am really trying to get back into the swing of things after being gone for 12 days.

This morning I did Amy Bento boot camp it was challenging after being so sedentary for the vacation.

Great workouts everyone.

Debbie - please email me your last rotation if you can - [email protected]

everyone have a great day!

I finished up my workout with Slow and Heavy legs and shoulders. Now having some cottage cheese and I am out the door to run errands:)
legs
lunge w/up 1x16reps 25# dumbbells
bowflex squats 1x8 200#; 2x8 260#
dumbbell reverse lunge 1x16 25# dumbbells
barbell static lunge 4x8 20# vest and 65# barbell
dumbbell side lunge 1x16 20# vest and 25# dumbbell
dumbbell plie squat 3x8 20# vest and 85# dumbbell
dumbbell calf raise 2x25 35# dumbbells
dhoulders
dumbbell front raise 3x8 12# dumbbells
dumbbell side lateral raise 3x8 15# dumbbells
dumbbell posterior delt raise 2x8 12# dumbbells; 1x8 10#dumbbells (was losing form and not getting the weights up as fasr)
dumbbell overhead press 1x8 25# dumbbells; 1x8 20# dumbbells
lying rotator cuff 4x8 8# dumbbells

Eatery BAD today:-(

M1: flax cereal w/1c ff milk tbsp of PP
M3: Big Mac & large fries, 3 chocolate cookies and I ate several orange slices. Should I go on? When I blow it like this 9 out 10 I will continue it all day.

Tomorrow, is a new day, hop back on the Cathe wagon and ride! Okay enough for me I can barely keep my eyes open, need too lay down,
I feel so full and I feel very sluggish. I'm going to lunch to take a nap, bbl

>Eatery BAD today:-(
>
>M1: flax cereal w/1c ff milk tbsp of PP
>M3: Big Mac & large fries, 3 chocolate cookies and I ate
>several orange slices. Should I go on? When I blow it like
>this 9 out 10 I will continue it all day.
>
>Tomorrow, is a new day, hop back on the Cathe wagon and ride!
>Okay enough for me I can barely keep my eyes open, need too
>lay down,
>I feel so full and I feel very sluggish. I'm going to lunch
>to take a nap, bbl
>
Teddygirl:

Listen, I ate super duper clean all last week. On Saturday it was my nephew's b-day party. I had pizza and cake. I should have thought, 'okay, so you enjoyed yourself at a party - just get back on track tomorrow' - but I went home and had ice cream, cookies, more cake, etc. Next day I started with egss and oatmeal, then had Mother's Day food with my folks and, again, binged once I got home - chips, pop tarts, pizza, pie - and this was after I'd already eaten a HUGE meal. But TODAY is a new day. Don't get down on yourself. Please. It happens to all of us and EVERY meal is a chance to start over. It's okay. And please don't judge yourself.

Marcia

[font color=darkblue]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey & Soy protein shake w/blueberries (soy sucks!) (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Turky patty w/mustard
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef patty; salad w/Parmesan dressing; 1 tbsp. raw almonds
M7: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/Vanilla yogurt mixed together

[font color=blue]1608 calories
50 g. fat - 28%
196 g. protein - 49%
95 g. carbs - 24%
[/font]

Meals for today:[/b/]

1 - smoothie with carrot juice and BSN
2 - south beach 100 calorie snack bar
3 - turkey wrap on light flat out
4 - salad - all veggies
5 - yogurt and cottage cheese mixed with BSN
6 - chicken grilled with broccoli
7 - light beer

calories 1406
fat 23%
Carbs 31%
Protein 46%

Nice workouts everyone!

Marcia: EEK! It ain’t over yet}( I just ate 3 more Girl Scott cookies}( I have a box of Slim Bear No Sugar Ice-Cream bars in our freezer, I only had one, and that’s good, concerning I bought them a month ago. I can’t think of anything else I want too eat, hm......maybe a slice of PIZZA!

I’ll be back on track tomorrow, heck I’m having fun! This little binge should hold me to the next holiday.

You guys have wonderful evening.

Hey there Sandy! It is a protein powder that I found that I really like. It comes in a variety of flavors. It is called BSN lean dessert protein. I like the vanilla. It is very expensive at GNC, so I order it online at Bodybuilding.com. IT is about half the price of the GNC and it ships really quick. It tastes very good. I add it to my morning smoothie and then to yogurt in the afternoon.

It is hard being back after being off for long! I am in an island state of mind! I need to get back in the groove. I got home and all my iris were in bloom and very pretty. I need to get the garden started.

Talk to you soon.

I bought my HR monitor. If it does not workout I will return it. Some say that you can take the Polar's in and have the battery replaces at a jewelry Kiosk or store. I want to know I can run down the street at 1 am and find a battery. So, this one does everything I want but does have the chest strap. It is the Nike Triax C6 and was $108.99. I set my low, medium and high heart rates. You do not have to do this but it says it makes it more accurate for the individual. Burned some calories trying to set it.You can go back and make adjustments. Hopefully I have it figured out when I use it in the morning. I sometimes am kind of foggy in the am till I get going:) I also bought an Under Armour Tank top. Was fun Mother's day shopping.

I bought my HR monitor. If it does not workout I will return it. Some say that you can take the Polar's in and have the battery replaces at a jewelry Kiosk or store. I want to know I can run down the street at 1 am and find a battery. So, this one does everything I want but does have the chest strap. It is the Nike Triax C6 and was $108.99. I set my low, medium and high heart rates. You do not have to do this but it says it makes it more accurate for the individual. Burned some calories trying to set it.You can go back and make adjustments. Hopefully I have it figured out when I use it in the morning. I sometimes am kind of foggy in the am till I get going:) I also bought an Under Armour Tank top. Was fun Mother's day shopping.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.