Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday June 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did day 5 of last week's weight work for WSFL since it's the day I screwed up last week. I did the 30/90 sec intervals x 6 with w/u and c/d. I used Cathe's Muscle Max stretch for my stretch. Workout was 58" and I burned 440 calories. These shorter intervals are easy for me. I did shorter rest periods....but next time I should work harder during my rest instead to switch it up. However, the metabolic circuits were a different story! HARD!! and neverending.

Have great workouts everyone.

I ended up buying that BodyBot program that Skwigg's is talking about and it doesn't work on my piece of crap computer. I hope they give me my money back!!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Gonna do some running here in a few (IF IT IS NOT TOO HOT) or I will just come home and do some Boot Camp. Need to work abs as well.

Wow, had another excellent cardio workout today. I did one of the Cardio Coach mixes I made up. This one is a huge calorie burn. I did very well with it. My endurance is excellent right now and I am psyched about that.

Mix included:

Warmup
Steady State
Challenge #1 from CC #6 Candace
Steady State
Challenge #1 from CC #4
Steady State
Challenge #4 from CC #6 Candace
Steady State
Challenge #2 from CC #5
Cool down

It was very fun!

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]63 minutes
53 minutes in zone
409 calories burned!!!
4.15 miles travelled
[/font]

Very happy with these numbers!

This morning I did Turbo Jam Total Body Sculpt, had an excellent workout! These are working out good for me and I'm really enjoying doing them. I'm surprised at how they get my heart rate up and I'm really doing some good sweating.

Lora - Great workout. I don't do good with those type workouts. Hope you have a great day at work!

Charlotte - It's gonna be 100 here today so please be careful and dring plenty of water if you go for your run! I would do it this moring before it gets too hot! I can't believe this weather, there doesn't seem to be a happy medium here lately! We need rain bad!!!

Hi to all that follow and hope you all have kick ass workouts!

DEBBIE!!!

Meant to say hi to you as well! I'm so sorry, I thought I had mentioned how great you workout was and when I reread my post I saw that I hadn't. Great workout!!! Glad you're feeling great about them! It does make a difference when we feel good about what we do!

Later girl!

Finished all of my workout early:D I started with I Max 3 no stretch, then did 4Day Split Kickbox no w/up or stretch, went on and did Tracey Staehle's Circuit Zone Circuits 6&7 which is lunges with dumbbell rows, 1 leg squats off of bench(I held a dumbbell), grab and kicks on the bench which really gets the HR up, then 7 minutes of kicking balancing drills. I burned 655 calories. Then I went on and did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme 3 day split premix legs, core, and stretch and finished off with Circuit Zone foam roller segment. Total workout time was 2 hr 29 minutes and calorie total was 1008 burned. My HR monitor says I was in my zone 19 minutes. I guess I am not very good at staying in my zone. Not that I care that much.

Debbie, good workout. You got a good calorie burn in there.

Charlotte, enjoy your run.

Sandy, our weather is up in the 90's one day and then down the next. It is raining here today.

Lora, nice workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Got back from run. Only did part run and part fast walking..was very hot even before 10am. The sweat kept dripping into my eyes and burning.

Diane Sue,

That is one helluva workout!!!! Talk about sweating. Geez.

Debbie,

Seems like your making progress all the way around and then some. Your doing so very well for yourself. Glad to hear your enjoying your bike alot too.

Sandy,

Yes, killer weather. Always wanted to try Turbo Jam. Sounds fun.

Lora,

Great workout. You still wearing your perfumes at your new job now as you said you couldn't wear them before?

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did "Red Carpet Ready" Workout-A. It's a 3 circuit weight work that repeats each circuit 3 times. I loved it! At first I thought it was pretty easy and by the time I started the 2nd circuit I changed my mind! LOL! I finished off with Power Half Hour 10 min. stretch. I burned 261 calories, not counting the warm up or stretch. I wish I could get the high calorie burns that some of you get, but I rarely get over 300 an hour. I plan on a Mountain bike ride this evening with dh.

Breakfast was half a cantelope with cottage cheese mixed with all bran cereal.:9

Hi to everyone! No time for personals, running late.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionics,

Sounds like a fun workout, but I am not sure your breakfast was fun. LMAO..glad you were eating all that "mixed up" stuff.

Anyhoo, you reminded me of my meals to post:

Meal 1: Kellogs Protein Plus cereal, nuts, some watermelon

Meal 2: 3 eggs, sugar free choc pudding mixed with 12g of choc protein powder

Meal 3: Tuna-ick with salad

Meal 4: Protein Shake

Meal 5: Tuna-ick and yogurt to wash it down with.

Diane Sue - I wish we could get some rain. Where do you live. The weather is so strange these days. Some places are flooding and others are in drought.

Char - I'm sure the weather you're having is simular to ours. Glad you got your run/walk in though. Turbo Jam is a fun workout to me anyway, and it is a workout! I get good cardio out of it! I'm looking into her newer ones.

Toasty- Sounds like you need to spice up the tuna! Maybe mix with plain yogurt/with tiny bit of ranch dressing, celery, couple olives, pickle, squeeze of lemon, etc. There has got to be a way girl! Life is to short to just eat plain tuna-ick!

By the way, for all you peeps dealing with the hot weather. It'll be a beautiful 77 degrees today in my neck of the woods, HA! :p

Honestly, love the way I feel though eating tuna, eggs, chicken, salad, etc. Makes the insides so nice. I ate nasty food when on vacation and felt nasty so actually looking forward to eating tuna ick. Just don't want to dress it up with mayonnaise cuz I want to lean out more this way so pardon the expression...it ain't the best tasting, but does a body good and makes our abs look sexalicious! hehe

Hey I've got to chime in on the tuna-ick. If you don't want to do the mayo, try the zesty mustard. Hardly no cals and is very tasty!

Dally's that recipe sounds delish! I'm so envious about your weather! Darnit! I just heard we're supposed to have a cold front coming through the rest of this week with rain and highs in the 80's! I'll take that, doesn't really sound like a cold front though.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 4 oz. chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Strawberries & Cream yogurt
M5: Spiced Tilapia; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M6: Banana Protein Pancake w/ 2 tbsp. Power PB

[font color=blue]1674 calories
54 g. fat - 29%
161 g. protein - 38%
96 g. carbs - 23%
[/font]

Char- Yeah we'll do anything for those nice abs, won't we? LOL! I'm right now eating 2 slices of home pizza with extra jalepenos...More zip for climbing...So, Carbing up for my bike ride later. Salad and salmon will be dinner.

Sandy- I forgot about the musturd! I always put mustard in my tuna and never use mayo. We've had unusually colder weather here. It's mostly rained way too much! Pretty soon, you'll hear me complaining about how hot it is, just you wait.

Debbie- I thought cottage cheese was "ick" to you. Am I holusinating?
I've noticed you've been adding it lately. I need to make those protein pancakes for my snacks. They are so easy just to roll up and chug down when I'm in a hurry, which is like always lately.

Dallys - Valerie Waters Action Hero Workouts were real calorie burners for me. I'd need to look at my log....but they took me near 70" to complete and counting w/u and c/d....I burned lots! Let me know if you're sore at all tomorrow. Did you do those Mountain Climbers with hands on the med ball and feet on the gliding discs yet? those made me sore and are killer.

Toasty - yep - wearing my oils again and I have on bright aqua blue polish on my nails..................and nobody cares!!! I also get treated with respect and the ladies I work with are great. Couldn't ask for a better environment!

Hi everyone! Sounds like you all are doing great! Great workouts - Lora I am glad your job is going well.

I also tried to run outside on Saturday and almost fainted! I ended up walking and burning about 350 calories for a 40 minute session. I did not get to work out on Sunday because we are selling all of my husband's stuff and had to get it all pictured and posted on Craig's list as well as sold his car.

I had big plans for today but woke up with a horrible sinus headache. it is so hot and humid and windy, we really need rain. I was not able to workout because my head hurt, but I am going to a boot camp class tonight.

Ally -I've also had a severe headache all weekend and today. HOT and HUMID as heck here.

I'm previewing Strike Zone with Tracey. Wow....looks great. Josef is amazing to watch. He really will make you "get into" the workout with power and force! I'm gonna try part of it tomorrow for my 20" section in WSFL cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.