Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday June 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did WSFL Strength Circuit C and Metabolic Circuits C & D. This was Deadlift, Step Up, KB Swing Hell Day. I hate this workout...as I have a bad back and tons of deadlifts bother me. Intervals were the 30/90 round of 6. I used the Rebounder as usual and jogged around the house. I added Denise Austin 10" stretch to the end. Workout was 68" and I burned 496 calories.

I have no motivation to push thru these next 2 weeks of WSFL. I'm getting bored and this is tough on my shoulder/neck injury and lower back with my injury. I'm also not seeing any results on the scale.....but as you all know, my diet hasn't been the greatest lately. I'll try to soldier thru. All this interval cardio makes me so hungry. I don't know how anyone doing the program can follow that strict diet while doing this. I'd pass out! LOL.

Anyone else order these www.Dovebodies.com workouts? I saw these on Videofitness. I emailed Dove and she says they are advanced and tough....so I ordered them. I think they look good.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Good workout Lora - I had to end the WSFL a week early. I was exhausted and hence came down with a heck of cold that is now full blown bronchitis. So....today I did coremax - workout 2 and 3. Will see how I feel tomorrow. I may have to take it easy again this week until I am feeling stronger.

Debbie
can you send me the rotation you are doing now? I think that sounds great - I like doing total body workouts when I can.

Thanks all. Have a great day.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna work biceps/triceps/abs today. Also gonna create my own rotation (building and burning). The weather is improving here so it is time to bike again too.

Lora,

Have you seen the movie Strangers??? Most creepiest movie ever. Messes with your mind. If you haven't seen it, you gotta.
BTW, great workout!!!

Hey Ally!

This morning I had an excellent workout again. I feel so energized lately. Love this feeling. I did Press Play from Cardio Coach. Did really well with each of the 5 challenges. My HRM needs a new battary. I thought about getting one when I did my shopping this weekend but that thought was lost the second I thought of it. Geez! So now I'll have to stop and get one somewhere. My HRM showed I was at 285 bpm almost the entire workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr. 5 minutes
55 minutes in zone (I think)
442 calories burned (Treadmill showed 434 so I'll go with 422)
4 miles travelled
[/font]

I know I hit 400 calories so I'm happy with that!!! Woo hoo!

Lora - If you dread doing the rotation you are doing then you should change. Especially if it is bothering your shoulder.

Ally - I'm not doing total body workouts. I'm doing a three day split. Do you still want it?

Char - Thanks for the movie suggestion. Sounds good!

This morning I did 40 minutes of TJ cardio mix #1. Got a killer cardio workout, it is what you make it!

Lora - I agree with Debbie, start something new that you enjoy, it makes a world of difference in your w/o. I had to stop the heavy lifting due my arthritis in my back and neck. I didn't want to change up but I had too, and I'm getting great results with what I'm doing right now! This is my forth week doing TJ's and doing them in the mornings makes my days a lot better!

Debbie - Great work out girl! I love it when I see I hit 400+ cals burned anytime.

Charlotte - Hope you have a great workout today!

Ally - Hi, hope you feel better soon!

Hi to all that follow today! I'm at work gotta go!

Good Morning
Thanks for your sympathy guys:) I will probably start working out tomorrow. I've had about five days off of workin out. I might start back up with heavy weight work. I did a month of endurance (which I don't really like) but I know I needed to switch things up.
Off to work
Randi

Debbie,

Great workout!! Uh, yeah, that bpm sounds off. LMAO! No way you would still be alive to tell. I got a cheapy hrm for my wrist...doesn't seem to work very well. Have to find some time to fiddle with it and see what the problem is.

Hey Randi!

Sandy,

Great workout and fun..fun..fun, huh? lol. Did you all get any of the smoke from that fire burning in North Carolina? We got alot of smoke up here from it on Saturday.

Morning Maniacs,

Okay, I am all out of whack with my WS rotation. I started last week a day late because I was feeling burned out, then Friday night I came down with one of the most stomach ailments I have ever had and did not get to sleep until after 3:30 am. So I didn't do day five or six. I decided to pick up where I left off this more and I'll just finish mid-week next week then take the rest of the week off and decide what I want to do next.

Deadlifts
8/8/8/8 - 95#

Circuit of push ups & Jack knifes on ball w/
reverse lunge w/ band offset
Did 7 rounds of 6 and used two purple bands doubled for reverse lunges.

Circuit of Squat and press w/
Lat Pull downs
Did 10 rounds of 6 using 20's for squat/press and two purple bands for lats. Choked the bands up more this time, so I was working hard.

Then cardio of 30/90 for 6 rounds. Did various plyo for 30 then just marched in place or whatever for recovery.

Lora I know how you feel. I felt so burned out by the end of week two of WS that's why I modified the next two.

Morning Maniacs! Yesterday was a alot-o-bike riding! Got up in the morning and drove up the canyon and we rode a new trail. It was one big steep hill and one big steep desent, lot's of getting off the bike (not my fav) Also, had good amount of mud and snow to go through. We had to cut it short, as we had to take the wounded home...one of our friends crashed (like 4 times!)and he thought he cracked a rib..couldn't continue. So, dh and I took him home and refueled and drove back up the canyon (so gorgeous up there) and rode another 2 1/2 hrs. Total rides were little over 3 1/2 hrs. and 14 miles and I burned about 1500 calories!!!!!!!! That last ride, I was in the "red zone" for over 40 min. throughout the ride (take that coach Troy!)! My hr was in the high 160's and mid 170's alot! My legs were like rubber when I was done. These high canyon rides are the toughest because of the long continuous climbing.

Today I had a customer come in at 5:45, so I got up, helped her get her dog in the cage and then went back to bed, slept in and now I'll have to do my RCR workout later. I also plan on an easy bike ride on the paved canyon trail. It's about 15 miles. Nice steady heart beat ride.

Lora- I'm starting week 2 of RCR. I go on vacation in 3 weeks, so I'm only doing a 4 week rotation, instead of 6 weeks. I might continue it after vacation...we'll see.

Lora and Diane Sue- I go on vacation in 3 weeks to Pebble Beach CA. and there is a Lush store there in Carmel. I'll be asking you all what must haves to buy, so start thinking.:) It's so fun to walk in that store...it smells soooooo good! You get to touch and smell all the soaps and sample things.

Debbie and Sandy- Yeah, I get some great calorie burns Mountain Biking. Just can't get burns like that in the basement. LOL!

Randi- A friend of mine lost her "first" dog and was heart so broken. She spent days making a collage of pictures of him with the "rainbow bridge" poem at the bottom. It was so pretty and well done. It made her feel so much better and now she has some great happy memories of him to look at everyday. She said it was great therapy. Might be something to try.:)

Char- congrats on your son doing so well in school and his graduation!

Ally- That WSFL must be tough, as I read a lot of people burning out on it. You did good!

Linda-Sorry about your stomach! Sounds like WS is wearing you at too! Must be a toughy!

Suz- Sounds like you are busy! You are doing great with the bike riding and weight lifting! I know it's hard to do both. Drink those myoplex's, you're burning some calories there! Oh! and don't feel guilty eating the Crunch bars!}(

Anne- I'm glad the salon is getting close to being built. You've had to deal with a lot of stuff to get there. It'll be so nice when it's all done!

Dang! Gotta run...work is calling me!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I started my workout with I Max 2 Blast mania no stretch and burned 311 calories, then I did Ripped to the core no stretch and burned 422 calories(wondering where they get 1000 calories) I used an 8 inch step throughout and used Craigs weights and higher in some places. Then I did Circuit Zone Custom Mix(wanted to write down the premixes) stopped at the foam roller and went back and did Circuit 2b leg burn, circuit 4&4b, circuit 5 bonus (has the punching with unintelligent bells) circuit 6 legs(this is a burner) hits the back some too with the combo lunge rows and finished with the foam roller Total calories burned today was 1075 calories. Workout time was 2 hr 20 minutes. I was called from the doctors office. It seems they are going to do an ultra sound tomorrow with the other stuff. She said I should not be taking my calcium supplements before the mammogram and dexascan. I have never been told that before:0 They also said I would be called by the dr that is doing the colonoscopy this week. Also my iron is still way high. She asked if I was taking iron. I said no because it has been tested high before. I guess the only other thing to do is cut red meat out all the way. I don't eat it that often:( Mostly chicken, fish and egg whites.

Dallys, lucky you getting to go to a Lush store. I think if I went to one I would probably clean out my bank account LOL. I usually order quite a bit though because shipping is so high. I bet you have fun in Carmel.

BBL as I need to shower before the lawn guy shows up.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Okay I've decided I'm gonna get a bike and ride through the woods so I can't get some of these high calorie burns! lol I would fall out! You guys are impressive! Strong women way to go!!!

Charlotte - no we didn't get any of the smoke, where was it at? I feel bad that I didn't no about it. I don't watch much news at all. It depresses me too much. Yeah, my w/o was fun, fun, fun!!! I would love to be burning some of the cals Dally's, Diane Sue, and Suz is burning. Very inspiring though!

Dally's - Man, you're doing great with your bike rides. I'm sure it's not easy, but at least you have a passion for it! Glad you had a great ride sorry about your friend though. 1500 cals OMG! You go girl!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Lora - I finally was able to download "Prodigal Son" by Sevendust. I'll let you know how I like it. Have you ever heard of Tribal Ink? Is this a group with some guys from Linkin Park in it? Do you know?

Char - LMAO! I know, I seen 285 and thought, "Ummm, I should be dead..." Crazy!

Linda - Nice workout. Sorry you are struggling so much recently. When are you done with this rotation? Also, did you get my email from Saturday?

Dallys - We should start a "I WANT HIGH CALORIE BURNS" club. LMAO!!! I struggle just to get a 400 calorie burn. I'm estatic when that happens! You are doing excellent with your rides, girl!

Diane Sue - Does Ripped to the Core say it will give you a 1000 calorie burn? That is just crazy unless you workout for three hours. Geez. Talk about misleading. Nice workout!

Randi - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Hugs girl!

Sandy - Nice workout!

Debbie - With the setbacks, if I finish it, I should be done by mid-next week, probably Wednesday. Yes, I got your email and just responded earlier today. Sorry it took so long, but between being sick on Friday, DH's birthday on Saturday then Father's day on Sunday it was a long and crazy weekend!

Taking a short break here. Eating raisins and almonds and chasing down it with a diet coke.:)

Diane Sue- Yeah, it's hard to go in that Lush store and not spend a fortune. They aren't that cheap to begin with either!

Debbie-Sandy- Yes, we should start a HIGH CALORIE BURN club. LOL! Wish I could burn that much in an hour. If you average out the time spent and the calories burned, it's still barely 400 (if that) an hour DARNIT! And you think about how fast you can down 400 calories in food! It's just not fair!

Ok, gotta go finish up todays work...!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Debbie

Yes - please send. Thanks! I am taking vitamins and drinking herb tea! May have to go see the doc if my lungs don't start to clear.

Linda - Ok! Just checking! :)

Ally - Ok but I only have two weeks done so far. I'm doing it as I go along. So I'll send you the first two weeks and then tomorrow starts my 3rd week and I'm doing supersets. Just keep reminding me and I'll keep sending you two week updates.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 3.5 oz. shaved turkey on one slice 12 grain bread; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Peaches & Cream yogurt
M5: Crab cake; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M6: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites

[font color=blue]1610 calories
56 g. fat - 31%
153 g. protein - 38%
126 g. carbs - 31%
[/font]

Carbs are a bit high today but that's ok. I'm tired of stressing over carbs.

Yea, catch me tomorrow... My tune will change, I'm sure!

Back from errands:D I felt good about my calorie burn this morning because most of it was circuits of weights and body weight stuff. Not steady cardio. The cardio segments of Ripped 1000 are only about 1 1/2 minutes each.

Debbie, Ripped 1000 says on the front cover "burn over 1000 calories per workout" Now this workout is 59minutes long. I think the only possible way to burn 1000 calories in an hour for me based on what I did today would be to do I Max 2 blast mania 3 times LOL And I did that on an 8" step. Doing Ripped 1000 I used an 8 inch step through the entire thing and the heaviest weights and some heavier.
BTW I don't know if you saw my post where I asked you about applying self tanner to your back. I thought you said you used a back brush??

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I have the ripped 1000 also and I don't think I burn but about 500 or so when I do it. What did you say burned Diane Sue?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.