Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday Jan 8

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's New You Coming total body weight workout. It took me about 65 minutes to complete this 55 minute workout, as I was switching my weights and had to pause the tape to do so, as this moves very quickly. I also was putting ankle weights off and off for the abs and lying leg segments. Not sure how much I burned, as my HR monitor went dead half way thru and came back to life with the default settings for weight, resting HR, etc. I think I burned around 300 calories though.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to peek in from work. As I said before, Jay is on vacation this week. Hopefully, this will give me some time to get used to Ed's work. I'm still a bit nervous.....will probably be for a while.

Hey, good morning ladies, Lora :) I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind if I joined this check in with you. There are some way cool and inspirational ladies here, and I am feeling inspired! :p

Missy

Missy - We'd love to have you.....as long as you don't mind my crazy pictures!! Welcome. I'm sure everyone else will be happy to invite you in also. Yes, they are an inspiring group of ladies.

WELCOME ABOARD MISSY!!!!

you are right...all the ladies are inspirational and crazy...and most importantly, they inspire you to do your best MANIAC STYLE. Some of us (including me) are on the second phase of p90x, others have a variety of workouts that incorporate cathe, and other instructors.

Amber

Welcome aboard Missy...This is the crazy house checkin.LOL...

Gosh i am sore . I can't believe power hour did this to me.I haven't done it in a while and i really forgot about the high reps and i was trying to do my usual weight. Wowza..Only the hamstrings though.I kept up the pace except for pausing to drop the weights a little...
I was trying to be she woman. LOl...

Lora, good w/o i think. Don't know any of the instructors style, but it sounds good.

I am aiming for KPC tonite. I haven't done any of the older w/o's for a while. Trying to shock the muscles here.

Have a great day ladies.
Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Welcome Missy! Your avitar is too cute! Look foward to posting with you! These ladies are amazing at inspiring and very supportive.

Goodmorning Maniacs!

Lora- as always, thanks for the pic. You sound much more relaxed this week then last. Hope you get to pop in today.

AMber- good morning! Are you able to walk standing tall, or are you still crawling up the stairs?? LOL!

No idea what WO I will doing today. I want to get some UB in. I am starting to feel some DOMS from last night.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday was my rest day. Today is the opposite...chest/shouders/triceps and ab ripper...OH MY!!!! This is the killer mama workout...one arm pushups and all that "grit your teeth/sweat and break a leg moves"!!!!!!

Had to put some Icy Hot on the back of my neck. All those pullups from a few days before really put some doms back in there. Is this normal????? Am I trying too much or what? I am thinking with pullups, I should feel it more in my upper back, not neck.

Hey Missy!!!!! I know you...long time and no talko. I am glad you will be checking in here. Miss the good ole' days of chatting with ya.

Meg,

You kicked butt last night! Great workout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will email you back later today.

I will be back. Gotta go

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, today is a total body workout and cardio. I will do P90X CST on Wed.. I hope I can get in everything as planned. I have a lot going here the next couple of weeks. Today is bank and shopping. I will be picking up all 5 grandchildren too.

Missy, welcome. What breed is your brindle puppy? Looks like my Mudd puppy. She is a lab mix. We were told there was great pyranese in there but I don't see it and not sure where the brindle came from. She even has the gloosy sheen to her that yours does.

Thanks, for the info on the gliding workouts. I think I would probably find myself doing the same as you, using them as add ons.

Got to run. Have a great day!!
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning I did Cardio Coach #2 and challenge #1 and #3 from Cardio Coach #3, then stayed on the treadmill until I reached an hour. Had a great workout. Workout was 1:12, was in my zone for 54 min. and burned 334 calories. Traveled 3.57 miles.

Hope you all have great workouts. I'm off today but have an eye doctor appointment and a dentist appointment finally. Need to get this tooth looked at, its killing me!

Have great workouts everyone! Be back later...

awwwww!!! Why thank you for the warmest of welcomes! :+ and I LOVE CRAZY! :p

Today is a pretty light day; I am doing HSCh and tacking on B&G floor work for my super-soft-caused-by-the-holiday-eating-and-lack-of-w/o butt. ;)

Charlotte, maybe the stiff neck was caused by tensing during pull ups??? Make hubby give you a nice massage! :7

Diane Sue, Lucy is a doberman/pit bull mix. She is the most fantastic baby! Her body is doberman, but her coat is pit bull, totally! It is INCREDIBLY glossy when you towel it. Do you have any picture of Mudd? I LOVE dogs. I would have 10 if I could. :)

I might want to warn you guys - I go on and on about my kids and dogs. It can get annoying. :eek: :p

Missy

Hey Maniacs! Today is Cardio and Yoga. Probably do CC#2 and Eoin Finn for yoga. I can't believe I'm NOT sore from Butts and Guts! Oh well, I guess my body just likes that workout and it doesn't get shocked by it. OH! I went to Costco yesterday and they have LUCKY JEANS there again. They don't get them in very often, so go check it out and get you some. $39.99!!

Missy- WELCOME! Nice to see (or read, lol) a new face here! You dogs are adorable. Love that shiney one! Most of us here are doggie/animal lovers, so you fit right in in that catagory.:) How many human kids do you have? I have the "super-soft-caused-by-the-holiday-eating-and-lack-of-w/o" butt also. ROFL!

Char- I never remember my neck getting sore like that from pullups. Are you tenseing up or holding your head forward or backward to far? Maybe have someone watch you or video you for a form check. Also, think of the other exercises back exersices in the workout, it could be caused from something else. Darn, wish I could help.:(

Lora- Nice Picture! You do sounds more relaxed. I think your job is going to be good for you.:)

Amber- I love that! Do your best...MANIAC STYLE! LOL!

Anne- Glad you are sore. Maybe my soreness will kick in later today. I am a titch sore from the supermans...go figure.

Meg- Have a good workout.

Diane Sue- Missy dog does look alot like your Muddy.:)

Debbie-Good job on the Cardio Coaches! Glad your getting that tooth fixed today!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I was just taking a break waiting for MM to load. I ran 5.25 miles doing Cardio Coach #6 Candace.

Missy, here is a link to some pics of my puppies taken in November. DH posted them for me so it is under 0 pushups. Their names are Mudd & Puddle.
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...22885&mesg_id=22885&listing_type=search#23064

Debbie, on CC 6 Candace whe does coach you through where your hr should be at different levels. When she says green zone she says around 85% max, then when she says red zone she says you should reach 85-95% Max. As far as I can see she does it pretty much the same as Sean

Back to work:)
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning!

Quick check in. BIG meeting this morning. BIG announcement about work. Hmmm...

This morning was tris, chest and what??? Can't remember. Tons of pushups. I was tired. Must be not enough rest since I did that other workout Saturday. Started to get a second wind last half of workout. I wanna do 1 armed pushups Debbie! I can inch down barley on a couple then have to go to my knees.

Missy - good to see you here! I miss you from our old check-in with Charlotte. Which reminds me, did Lori have her baby?

Gotta run. More personals later!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Quick check in for me too.

I did not get up early enough to add any cardio in this morning. Darn it. I'm having a hard time getting to sleep, cant figure it out. It must be peri-menopause. I used to be able to sleep anywhere and anytime, not anymore.

Char I had some neck pain too on Friday...I just thought it was from yoga...I don't do the pull-ups but I am up to over 110# with some lateral pulldowns, so I thought that was the problem, but believe me it was mild compared to my a## pain.

Meg..DOMS are gone;( ;( but I'm sure I'll have some arm ones here soon.

Suz..good luck with the meeting!! Love your avatar change.

Missy you, char and suz used to check in together??? was it in the manaics portion?

Dallys..yep bring it maniac style, I'm getting revved...we are almost 1/2 way there. Also, thanks for the b&g info, I really love legs and back...think it's done wonders for rounding out my flat butt!

Oh...did I tell you guys I added the weighted wrist-weights to Kenpox on Saturday, made a big difference, but I am still plateauing with that workout as far as heartrate. It's ok, I still love it. I will just have to start adding some jumps like in Cathe's KPC.

Ok have to go find some rabbit food ...

Amber

Dallys is that a diaper on your dog???
Someone come suck the snot out of my nose. I am sick of it.
DD is still in the hospital They are running a sonagram on the kidney today. She is still on iv antibiotic and morphine. I am going nuts waiting for a call....

Char, icy hot. Hurting, huh....LOL....
Easy on the weights woman.

Color gonna ding. Gotta go. Later, ladies..

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hey Ladies
Just finished KPC I love that workout! My shoulders and back are sore from yesterdays workout so it was kind of hard to punch:)
It never crossed my mind to tell you where i work because it is just work to me. I should of told you sooner since you all are pet lovers:)
My dog starts training classes on wednesday I am so excited! She is 10 but it is never to old to start training your dog, she is so smart anyway:)
BBL
Randi

Hi Maniacs! Got me a sec here to read posts.:)

Anne- Yep! That's a diaper on my dog. She was in heat at the time.:)
I hope your daughter is going to be ok. Keep us posted. You must be going crazy with all this. I know you'll appreciate this one. It's my first day of increasing my prices. Haven't had a raise in over 3 years. Gonna be a long few months of rolling eyes and jaw dropping for the cheapies. LOL!

Randi- What kind of dog do you have? I think I remember you having a Lab?

Amber- Sorry you aren't getting much sleep. Could be all the rabbit food. LOL!

Suz-So you and Char and Missy were all in a check-in together? That's cool. Like old friends.:) I've been on this forum for years, but never really go into it until this check-in.

Well doggies are yipeing at me. Gotta go.......

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Got a good WO in ladies. I did HSTA cardio and UB, then tacked on just the cardio premix again, did a quick stretch, and then did The Method Pilates Target Toning with Jennifer Kries. I did the arms and abs sections. WO was just under 90 min. Wanted to do the pilates for something different. Felt really good, as an add on, and good for stretching too. I wan't sure I was going to make it thru the power scissors in HSTA (twice by the way) after B&G yesterday.

Randi- I have only done the Fit TV version of KPC, but I would love to do the whole thing. Should buy that one. I am liking kick boxing alot more these days.

Suz- a little intrigued over here about what you BIG meeting was about! SOunded scary?

Amber- well hopefully your arms will make up for the disappearing butt DOMS!

Anne- hope all is well with your dd. I am thinking of her.

Deb- way to mix up those CC> I still havent' downloaded any. Which one is your favorite?

Missy- you call that a light day?? LOL!!

DS- that is quite a run. What speed do you usally run at? I usually do 5.0 - 5.5, but trying to through in more 6.0. I always go at atleast 2.5 incline.

CChar- are you burned yet baby????

Dallys- no DOMS from B&G? You should hold 15# DB for all the walking lunges and 60# on the BB!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.