Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday February 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy Dixon's Kickin' Strength. Workout was 63" and I burned 398 calories. This was basically a weight/kickbox segment 45" with 15" of core work and stretching.

Not sure if I liked this workout or not. Defintely didn't feel like enough upper body work, but I never feel like I get enough these days. Worked the legs good though. The kickbox segments were low impact and included LOTS of squatting and kicking with some punching. This had a few functional type of moves, one legged balancing deadlifts, etc. I have not been annoyed by Amy Dixon in the past, but I usually listen to my own music when doing her other workouts..............but I swear...if she said "So Good" or "So Amazing" one more time ....I was gonna go thru the TV and strangle her!

Have a great day everyone.......Ugh.....Monday and back to work! I have a dental appt after work today.

Toasty - Wearing Defututa today. I likes.....but I'm gonna be selling To A Woman....as it's too rosy for me. I try to like rose....but I'm just not a rose girl.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I took a rest day yesterday as I feel like I am needing 2 rest days as I feel like I am just burning out more if I don't so I had a PMS day and ate my 2000 cals like a good girl, had my chocolate, watched the Brave One movie with Jodi Foster (love her and good movie) took my nap and fussed all day long about nothing! lol.

Today I am going to get back in the game and do Total Body.

Lora,

I have to sell my Luxuria bath oil. My skin does not like it. I broke out with excema. Doesn't really surprise me cuz I have very sensitive skin and excema prone. I do love that oil you are wearing today. One of my favs. Dh's fav now is Antique Lace. I like To A Woman alright, but my dd insist it is To A Man..actually it isn't masculine to me, but has alittle in there that both genders could wear. JMO

Today was full body and I had an excellent workout. I really put my all into this one and still feel it even after an hour of completing it.

1:30 rest between each set (was suppose to be 2 min. but I messed up)

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Decline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 18/18
[font color=blue]***These felt good but my right shoulder kept clicking. I hate that![/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
One Arm Rows w/palms facing back:
30's - 18/18
[font color=blue]***These really burned on the last few reps. Felt great![/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Bent Over Lateral Raise:
20's - 18/18
[font color=blue]***These really burned as well, especially after the one arm rows.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Leg Extensions:
80# - 18/18
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier but got a really great burn. Held the up position for 2 counts.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
EZ Curls:
45# - 18/18
[font color=blue]***Holy crap did these kill me. My form suffered a bit and I had to cheat on the last 5 reps of the last set. It was all I could do to complete the set. My arms were so PUMPED!![/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
35# - 18/18
[font color=blue]***Good weight for this exercise. By the 16th rep I could really feel it.[/font]

That is all....

Good Morning, I started my workout with weights today. I did 4Day Split Back, chest, triceps and biceps with High Intensity step w/up. I am going back to do some cardio in a little bit. I seem to have some swelling and puffiness around the eye on the side that I had the surgury. I don't know what that is about. DD is in DC right I will probably talk to her about it later today since I will have my granddaughters here.

Lora, I saw Tracey's blog today too:D It looks good. The only thing I don't care for is those spiderweb things she says she put in it. I have ordered Strike Zone, Core and Circuit Zone. She uses 3 different weight Kettle bells in circuit zone. I think she said 15, 20 and 25 pounds.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

To day s week six and I am back to supersets this definitely a puke status work out. Upper body is just complete mush right now. Did 2 sets of eighteen with 2 minute rests.

Chest
Decline Dumbbell Press
18/18 – 37’s (up 2#)
Back
One Arm Row
18/18 – 37’s (up 2#)

Shoulders
Arnold Press
18 - 20's
18 - 19's (first set was up 2# then dropped back down to up 1# my form wasn't pretty on the the last two or three)
Hamstrings
Hamstring Curls
18 - 45 / 42 1/2#
18 42 1/2 # (started up 5# but couldn't keep it up so drop 2 1/2 pounds around the thirteenth rep of the first set to be able to finish)

Biceps
Hammer Curls
18/18 - 21's (up 1# was going to go for 2# but chickened out and good thing these were tough enough)
Triceps
Weighted Bench Dips
18/18 - 50# (up 5#, was surprised I was able to finish these)

Then did S&H B&T abs. Really had no energy left to give to the ab work but made myself do it anyway.

Debbie - I can't believe you do bent over lat raises with 20#. You are my hero!

Sandy - nice workout! You are really doing good!

Nice job everyone!

Linda
[

I finished my workout with 4Day Split High Intensity step and Kelley Coffey cardio sculpt fitness cardio only premix, then did stretchs from both 4DS HIS and Bootcamp. I talked to dd and she said that she told me I might get a black eye. It is fluid from the surgury site so I guess I will have to live with it for a little while.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi there,

I posted a message here last night, but I think that most of you may have missed it. If I wasn't in need of advice I wouldn't bother with it, but I need advice and only you gals can help me. Here goes, I'll just copy what I posted last night.

"It's old me. I check in on you all from time to time to see how you are doing. Looks pretty good. WoW! some of you are really great with your poundage increases.

I need some expert advice on a heart monitor. I'm looking at a Polar F4. What do you think? I just want it simple the more simple the better. Just want to know the heartbeats and maybe the calories expended.

Hope you don't mind if I call on you for help every now and then. I've done searches, but it was too complicated to sift through all that.

I've been doing really good. I've also increased my lifting poundage and seeing muscles that I haven't had. I've also learned how not to loose muscle and lose weight at the same time. That was a hassle for me for a long time. A.M. Less vigorous cardio at 65-75% 4-5 per week at 25-45 min. when I lift weights. Then 45 min. on cardio day. And a little supplement called L-Glutamine powder to be taken with coffee before the workout. What a difference that makes."

Any hoo, take care and have great workouts,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Sandy - I'm confused. If you don't have my chart what are you following? It looks like you are doing my exact rotation? If you want my chart I'll need your email address.

Linda - Nice workout. I'm not looking forward to next weeks!!! YIKES!! 18 reps is bad enough, but supersetting them really sucks.

Janie - I have the Nike Imara and I like it pretty well. I had some problems with it but it seems to be working ok now. I got mine on Ebay for $30.

Debbie - Boy, you have that right supersetting eighteen reps this morning sucked big time! I'd groan every time I got to 9 and realized I was only half way, then by rep 14 I just wanted to be done! Sandy must be trying too piece it together from your post, which would be tough.

Have a great day!
Linda

Linda - Ahhh, that could be. Yea, that would be tough to follow along from here.

Lora - I still haven't been able to download "Prodigal Son". The download source I use doesn't have it yet. It must be a brand new song. :(

No meals listed for yesterday but I was spot on until DH brought home fudge from the Auto Show. I ate two small pieces. But other then that I did really well yesterday.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: **Turkey meatload; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Vanilla Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1891 calories
54 g. fat - 26%
180 g. protein - 38%
173 g. carbs - 37%
[/font]

**Turkey meatloaf: Got this recipe from the Clean Eating Oxygen Mag. I have no clue where they come up with their calorie and macro ratios. It says 8 servings so I split this up into 8 servings which ended up being about 7 oz. of meatloaf for each serving. They claim that the ratio is: 122 calories (no way); 1 g. fat (maybe); 25 g. protein (this is probably right); 3 g. carbs (this is probably right as well.)

How on earth can it only be 122 calories? The small little turkey patties I use to eat were 120 calories I think and they were no where near 7 oz. I don't get it.

Hi guys,
Been a very busy weekend. Saturday was a day from hell. I couldn't relax at all so this is what I did...........

7 am: 4DS Bootcamp (no weights)

12:30: 20 min interval run on treadmill (about 7 intervals)

1 pm: Total body with cable weights at the gym

3:30: 2 mile jog.

I have NO IDEA what the hell that all was about. I had so much energy. I only slept for 3 hours on sat. night. Sheesh.

Yesterday ran 4 miles. Too tired from lack of sleep from the night before. Took both of my boys to the planetarium yesterday for the first time. They both LOVED it. I was more worried about the little guy but he was so well behaved yesterday. WHEW! :D

Today's my rest day thankfully.

Debbie- Have you tried ON Whey powder in Rocky Road flavor? If so, is it good? I tried the vanilla and it tasted bitter to me for some reason. I prefer Lean Dessert and MM Lite but I get bored with them sometimes.

Lora- I had someone who was experienced with KB helping me 8 months ago for about 3 months. It's so much easier to do it with an experienced person with you. I've been doing KB for 8 months now. I'm still learning new stuff. If you have the right form when you do KB, you're gonna be sore all over. It's normal to be sore in forearms from the snatch. Are you going to try the hand stand on the KB? LOL I can't even do that for sh*t. I'd break my wrists if I try it. :7

DS- I'm glad to hear your tumor is nothing. Take care of yourself, ok? :)

Off to look at some Tracey's you guys are talking about. Have a great day!

Lisa

Hi Debbie,

I've been doing your rotation that you post on here. I went back to the beginning of this rotation and started doing what you are, but then I thought there might be something I'm missing, but I think I'm good. My email by the way is [email protected] .

Sorry to be so confusing.

Linda - Thanks, I'm really trying. I am loving this workout and my hubby loves seeing that I'm happy with this. I really look forward to these workouts to challenge myself!
You're doing good too, I can't believe the weights you and Debbie are lifting! Whew!

Have a great day, I'll be back on later this afternoon. Going to the grocery store after work, then home!

Janie - Hi - thanks for popping in. I am in the minority here with what kind of HRM I use. I've used Mio's for years. I use the models without the chest strap and just take my HR on my wrist throughout the workout. If you make sure you take it a lot....you get a good average of hi's low's and get a good reading. However, Mio now makes the Mio Ultimate that has the option to go w/o the chest strap and take your HR on the wrist pads, or you can wear the chest strap for a continuous reading. I REALLY want that model badly...but last time my HRM bit the dust, I was unemployed, so I had to get a cheaper model. Currently I have the Mio Drive and I love it! It's easy to change the battery in and works very well. My battery has even last longer with this new mode and it gives me higher calorie burns! You can set your resting HR, age, gender and weight in it.

Lisa- I wish you could come train me with KB's. Too bad you don't live closer. I think I'm still going a little light with my KBs to get really sore....but I want to be safe at first. I never get really sore from any weight workout though. I only get mild soreness. I was a tiny bit sore from doing Providence the other day...but I really got moderate soreness from practicing the snatches with the wrist movement. I wish my computer was better so I could view all of those KB pics off of that website better. My computer is so freakin' slow! Do you know where I can find any info on KB's and shoulder dysfunction/rehab...besides Anthony's site? Do you have a trainer KB friend you can ask? I dont' have the money for the one on AOS.

Diane Sue - Did you see that Tracey says she has a Billy Idol song in the Strike Zone workout? I think that sounds good. Spiderwebs sort of ended up growing on me. I kind of like them now. I feel like a kid playing. I'm sort of bummed Cathe's new series isn't going to have any cardio in it. I could use some better kickboxing and interval workouts from Cathe! She needs to get busy!

Toasty - I had to sell my bath oil too cuz I got a bladder infection from it....but I already kniew oil did that to me...but I thought I'd try BPAL's and see if it was different.

I GOT My POWER YOGA for HAPPINESS SURF EDITION Today!!!! wooo hoo.......but i doubt I'll have time to do any of it tonight as I just got home. Had a dental appt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.